LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Pull-Ups?

Bettypooh

I think this may have been a recent thread but I can't find it so here goes ;)

I have been wearing the Depends line of pull-ups at work and like everything about them except the odor control which is somewhat lacking at the end of the day :( And the capacity is somewhat limited, which is usually not a problem but I wonder if there's better? :huh: For my use, discretion is needed with the ability to easily use the toilet which is why I wear pull-ups at work in the first place, and not 'real' diapers. With unwanted exposure always a possibility I like plainer colors, not kiddie prints B) Till now I've bought at retail stores and I have found most of the cheaper store brands lacking- some of them are so bad as to be useless for their intended purpose of keeping one's clothes dry :bash:

I'm not looking for better diapers overall, just better adult pull-ups, which brings me to my question-

What is the best pull-up style adult diaper? I'd prefer answers from experience, I have seen the manufacturer's websites already, and the reviews here too :whistling: Comments on fit, waterproofing, odor control and capacity will be especially appreciated :wub:

Bettypooh

Medline protection plus are starting to be better. I bought a case on cl and they are starting to expand the coverage area more. Instead of being a lacey square pad its some what hour glass shapeed in the front. The back is still square. Absorbencey is similar to attends extended wear pull ups.

Not sure if theys till make them as I haven't bought any pull on disposable underwear in a couple years, but I liked the Rite Aid pull on disposable underwear in over night absorbency. They were the best and most absorbent I ever used, holding just about as much as a diaper! Of course, with me wetting normally I would still need to change after a few hours, just like with my diaper, but they really swelled up when soaked and held a lot! As I said, it's been a few years since I bought any, and like most good products, companies will "improve" them and ruin them. If you have a Rite Aid near you, you might want to look for them. I'm not sure what company made them for Rite Aid, but you might want to check CVS and others to see if their store brand has them in Overnight absorbency. If they do, they may be the same as Rite Aid.

last check about 3 months back the Rite Air overnight Pull Up were still available. And yes for a store brand they are one of the best. Lets hope they don't change things. If they do I have five packages in my stash.

For absolute comfort when wearing all day, I prefer the Abena pull ups; fabulous fit. As for the store brands, Depends seems to be getting better for absorbency, the padding is in the right place. It still gives me a rash after about 3-4 days though, as the lining isn't as soft as others. Tranquility ATNs are OK- just as absorbent as the Depends, with no rash and a higher price.

The newer Depends are somewhat comfortable. I've found that they do hold quite a bit, like two heavy wettings. You can sort of detect when they are about to leak as the middle starts to swell up. I just wish they had some sort of leg gather.

I've been using the TENA "Extra" pull-ups for several years, and think that they're great. I wore the Depends pull-ups for a while, but I find that the Depends don't have a very large padded area in the rear. Since I am more of a pooper than a wetter, the padding in the rear is more important to me.

If you call the folks at TENA (look 'em up on the net) they'll send you a couple of samples, free.

By the way: I tried the TENA "Super Plus" pull-ups, but they were too thin and seemed to be sized differently. I wear the medium Extras, and the medium Super-Plus pull-ups were too small.

Betty, normally when home I do not wear any kind of pull-up.

But when I am in Australia and New Zealand I am usually wearing slacks and jeans. There I wear Tena diapers for bed and Tena pull-on undies when I am active.

I have been told that the Tena products sold in Australia and New Zealand are different than those sold in the USA. Anyway at home when I need disposable adult diapers I wear Attend Youth classic tape-on to bed when I feel sick and Attends Breathable sometimes when active.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 30" waist and have had troubles finding the right fit for a pull-up. Most come in sizes of S/M which usually go from like 28-40"+ waistlines and I find that these tend to be ineffective for me because they don't fit quite right and leak easily because of that. But I've found a new favourite in Tranquility Overnights size S. They fit perfectly, they're quiet and discreet, quite soft, and usually last me a good 3-4 wettings without leaks. My only criticism is that I've noticed these little gel beads all over my crotch area after having wet them, which ive never seen before using other diapers. Tena also has a good max absorbency pull up in size small.

The Tena Womans Ultra (I think they call it Twist now) is just unbelievably comfortable and absorbent. I wear the second one just for the bulk with a CVS Day and Night over both for normal wet nights. For day wear just one with booster should get you through several wettings.

All of the original advertising by the Huggies Division of KCWW for GoodNites (called Dry Nites in the UK and some other places) promoted them as discreet underwear for older children with light bedwetting, especially for sleep-overs.