LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Have A Coke Problem!

DailyDi

I'm a Pepsi guy myself, but it really doesn't matter to me, really Coke or Pepsi are both great, though Pepsi seems to be a better mixer, so that's usually what I go with.

I like vanilla coke, but not enough to waste closet space on a 12 pack, so what I do is I mix 1 pony of vanilla rum with a can of cola, and it's pretty good, and hey it has booze in it. For a vanilla rum and coke, I do 1 jigger of vanilla rum and 2-3 jiggers of regular white rum per 12oz can.

• Like 1

Diet coke or pepsi works for me. At carls Jr, I add a splash of strawberry crush soda (occasionally orange) , just to add a bit more zip.

Now the one that really grabbed my attention is that 'Baja blast" Mountain dew....that stuff is great! As far a I can tell it is only available at Taco bell...hey that rhymes! :D Good stuff though. I can do with out the vanilla and cherry flavors though....you can have them....Y*U*C*K! :P

Try vanilla coke w/ orange vodka... tastes like an orange creamcicle... delicious and dangerous... can drink quite a bit not tasting the alcohol.... also works with vanilla coke and strawberry or raspberry flavored vodka

Acquired taste = not actually liking something but forcing yourself to believe that you do like it anyway :screwy::P Many nutritionists, dietitians, and healthcare professionals are now saying that ' diet' sodas are just as bad or may even be worse for you than the non-diet ones :o and this opinion is becoming more prevalent over time as the long-term effects are becoming better known :whistling: While I love my Cheerwine and CherryCoke, I rarely drink more than a couple of the 20 oz sodas of all kinds in any given month. At this level no health problems have been discovered related to sodas, but too much of anything can be bad for you :crybaby:

Bettypooh

I only switched to diet because I was cutting back on refined sugar and carbs in general. I am a carb junkie (I LOVE :wub: crackers and chips and sweet stuff, I used to put 5-6 packets of sugar in my coffee and realized that it just wasn't right and stopped, switching to either the pink stuff (saccharin) or going with green tea. I initially lost about 10 pounds and felt a hHECL of a lot better :thumbsup: but I'm kind of back sliding. There is a Subway sandwich shop nect to where I work, and they have some of the most AWESOME cookies :blush: so I go there .....sometimes and get 3, a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake cookie, an M&M cookie and a double chocolate chocolate chip cookie ...(personal fav) trying to break life long habits is tough, but I catch myself and try to do better instead.

the diet soda is an occasional thing, as I try to stay away from soda in general. But if I need something, thats what I reach for instead of the sugar ones...would love to drink orange or strawberry crush or other sugary stuff, but just can't anymore *sigh*

Maybe it's for the better, even the 'natural' sodas, made with 'real' sugar don't have any appeal, which is a god thing I guess. My diet is mostly protein, and what carbs are there are the 'good kind' I just can't go back to the way things were....feeling like crap and nothing helping me with energy or to feel better, until I cut out all the junk...:thumbsup: things are much better now :D

The main problem with sugars (in the non-diabetics) lies in that word "refined'. Unbleached sugars like 'Turbinado" and unpasteurized honeys taken in moderation are actually good for you :) My diet is awful but better than when I was a junk-food junkie :P I believe but cannot prove that my past diet is what brought about all my digestive prolems :crybaby: You really are what you eat people, so eat healthy and be healthy B) Don't believe the marketing lies that are foisted on you to sell you on unproven or inadequately tested ideas including foods <_<

The closer to natural your food is, the better off you are. The more that mankind tries to alter nature (including foods) the worse off you are ;)

Bettypooh

I keep thinking about using Stevia as a sweetener in things (coffee and for cooking/baking) but don't know enough about it to want to spend the bucks to try it out.....maybe someday :whistling:

Quoting "The Joy of Cooking":

Whole, live food, freshly prepared, is best for you and your family.

A soda isn't exactly live, so you don't want very many in your diet...not to mention that the stuff is hard on your teeth, and, for me, caffeine withdrawal is a debilitating headache after even relatively low (one coke) doses for a few days. Then there's that awful aftertaste...

For diabetics, the thinking is that fruit juice is just as bad because of the rapidly available sugar...which stresses the sugar regulation system.

The thinking on diet sodas and diet foods with artificial sweeteners is that the sweet taste leads your body to expect more calories, and when they don't appear, to be even hungrier than before the sweet stuff was consumed...

you all have some tasty sounding concoctions but they have alcohol in them which i must avoid like the plague as i take 100 mcg/hr of Fentanyl q 48 and Oxycodone 10 mg up to 8 per day for break thru pain and mix that with the Benzodiazepine i take at bedtime and people have this bad habit of forgetting to breathe , so alcohol has been forbidden by my Doctor its my choice either take the pills and don't drink or don't take the pills and drink and it would take a lot of alcohol to mask the pain so the pills win hands down i have i high tolerance for alcohol my boss on my 21st birthday pre-injury took me out to get drunk and he ended up buying me four bottles of tequila before i had a buzz after the sixth one the bar was closing and he took me back to his house to sleep on his couch he was not going to let me drive, so we went to bed about three and at 8:00AM i was up and showered and in clean clothes and ready to go and my boss has the worst jackhammer going off in his head the other guy that went out with us is still puking in the garbage can and i'm like what is your problems ?? and they absolutely hated me for that, they where experienced drinkers i was not i drank enough alcohol to get the block drunk and they where the ones who suffered when they finally got out of bed or out of the bathroom from puking and they only drank one tenth of what i did . And then i got blasted again a month later when my boss got his Visa card bill that he bought all that Booze on and he realized just how much it was gonna cost him to have bought 6 bottles of tequila that i drank plus what he and my co worker drank at a strip club. i would imagine it had to be at least 800 $

Be Happy in Your Nappy

Be Merry in your Terry

On the subject a little, a good substitute sweetner is Splenda. It is made from sugar and is approved for use by most diabetics. You can use it in cooking and baking just like sugar. As far as diet soda, for those who do drink it, try either Diet Rite or Pepsi One. Bothe are sweetened by Splenda as opposed to Aspartame, which is bad for you. Aspartame is actually a poison and can cause problems, especially when the tempreture of it gets over 90 degrees.