LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Need Help Finding Plasic Pants Like Gerber.

annee

I have found some very nice plastic pants for my guy. But I would like to find a pair that a more close to Gerber like I used on my kids at night. I like him in soft plastic pants I have some made by gary that are nice but they do not have the feel I want. I want him in what I feel are proper plastic baby pants thank you.

Have you called the Gerber Company. They used to make baby pants in the adult sizes but still had the Gerber Baby tag on the back. Of course I am talking about the early 1990's when I first got several pair straight from the maker.

My family believed in Gerber soft vinyl pants, in all sizes! My Granny Vi, my Mom and my Aunt Betsy all were totally urinary incontinent by the time I was born in 1964. Both of my older siblings had been raised in pinned Curity gauze diapers and Gerber vinyl pants. So was I and our three younger siblings. As we outgrew Gerber Toddler Large, Mom bought our Gerber pants by mail-order from the factory in Three Oaks, MI. Granny and Mom had become good friends with the ladies who ran that factory.

In 1976 Mom and Dad had to move all us kids to Iowa so he could have management training. We took a side trip to Three Oaks just to spend most of a day with the Gerber factory people. They made us a big pot-luck lunch. It was fascinating seeing how they made the pants.

Unfortunately, Doey, in the early 1990s Gerber decided to get out of all aspects of adult incontinence products. They decided to close the Three Oaks factory, but were fair about it. Instead of tearing down the building and scrapping the machinery, they leased everything to the former employees.

For many years it operated as "VIP" until too many of the owners needed to retire. Apparently younger people just did not want to work in a factory making vinyl pants! Who knew? Also, the version of vinyl sheet long used by Gerber and VIP had become a special-order product. It does not have an infinite shelf-life, which is true of most vinyl sheet material. Toward the end the handful of VIP owners were faced with the problem that when their stock of vinyl ran out, the next order would have a minimum quantity they calculated would last well beyond the shelf-life of the vinyl. Instead of going backrupt because their vinyl spoiled, they decided to close the factory.

Gary Manufacturing of San Diego is one of the best and largest vinyl garment contractors in the USA. They are famous in the adult fantasy business, but also make ordinary vinyl products. It is fairly recent that products made by Gary Manufacturing are identified as such. In 1992 my pal Crissy Penn who lived fairly close to them, designed a then revolutionary style of vinyl pants, with forward-facing leg holes. She made a deal with them. The production quality was outstanding, but she wanted a slightly more robust vinyl than that used by Gerber/VIP.

Currently my Granny Vi, my Mom and I all wear the 10300V series of soft thin stretchy vinyl pants made by KINS, the adult division of Babykins of Canada. Like the original Gerber, the 10300V do not have forward-facing leg holes. Because that vinyl stretches, after being worn a couple of times each pant conforms to the wearer's body. I find those comfy and highly recommend them. Even with shipping the price is more than fair.

• Like 1

The Kins 6-ml adult plastic pants are as close to the old Gerber that I have found.

Very soft feel, but strong and more durable, with similar elastics.

I shopped at the Three Oaks Gerber factory and still have and use some of the VIP pants.

So nice to know you are making your baby very happy.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

I used the Gary regular weight, but they kept ripping at the legs... Their heavy weight were too thick for my taste - they seem rather "industrial". I have some of the 6 mil Kins.

Lately have been wearing Comco of Hinkley, MN. I really like them. The plastic is thick enough so are durable and they fit great. I like the generous cut to fit over my diapers . I also think they are "babyish" enough to set my mind right. The leg elastics are enclosed that has a hint of an appearance as lace.

I agree with babylin about the babykins pants made of 6 mil vinyl they are the very best I have found and the elastics are softer than those in Gary pants. Check out model # 20300V and also the tuffy pants

• Like 1

You can always try the Priva plastic pants that you can get from Miles Kimball. They are very light weight and don't last a long time, but they are 3 pairs for about $5 and are a lot like actual old Gerber style plastic pants, but not as heavy duty.

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?TID=_MilesKimball&ProductID=312883&ICMP=Search

I've tried the Priva and they ripped at the seams with the first wear even though they were the correct size. :crybaby: Don't waste money on those. I ended up going with a brand called "Leakmaster" that I ordered from Amazon. They have both pullup and snap-side versions. They are more expensive than the Priva but you definitely get what you pay for. The material is very rubbery-feeling and soft and reminds me a lot of the old Gerber-style plastic pants. I went with the snap-side ones for easy changing. They seem very durable to me. The only beef I had with these is the leg cuff stitching kind of chafes my tender thighs but I think now they may have a style that has covered stitching so it won't chafe.

Wow thanks for all the info. I will look into babykins and order a few pants to see what I like. I want find things that are as close to the baby things I used with my kids. I hated when my kids grew up and needed me less and less. Unlike a lot of moms I enjoyed changing diapers picking out what they wore and even helping them get dressed. I kept oldest boy diapered at night till he was 8 years old. But after time he started getting up and going to the bathroom on his own. I used to even give my kids salty snacks at night so they would drink before they went to bed. I just loved the bond I had with them. I know it was not the best thing to do that but I just did not want them to grow up so fast. My guy now will be my little boy for a much longer time than my kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Annee, I understand baby-pants.com, under Classic plastic pants, is coming out with the blue and pink stars type baby pants. VIP and Gary's used to make them with the soft vinyl that Gerber used, but have since quit. I don't know how close to the old style vinyl baby-pants will really be, but get a recommendation from someone who will buy a pair, before you buy any. For right now, Babykins it about as near as you can come to them.

I have found some very nice plastic pants for my guy. But I would like to find a pair that a more close to Gerber like I used on my kids at night. I like him in soft plastic pants I have some made by gary that are nice but they do not have the feel I want. I want him in what I feel are proper plastic baby pants thank you.

I actually have 2 pair and I honestly dont remember where I got them. They are not gerber brand but you hold them beside actual gerber brand there is not a whole lot of difference between the two.