LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cat Always Moving Water Bowl - Any Suggestions

I have a cat who is a year and a few months old. She has a small water bowl that she insists on playing in when I fill it with water and sit it on the floor. She always paws at it, splashes water every place which causes the goofball to to run out of water and move the bowl around.

I have switched to another bowl - she still does it.

I have switched to the type that is continually filled with water through a water bottle screwed into the base - she still does it.

For you fellow cat owners, have you had this problem? Were you able to resolve it and what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks for the input.

Put the small bowl inside a bigger bowl. Fill the bigger bowl with heavy (for a kitty) objects, like small rocks. This will prevent splash mess & moving. Just be sure to empty/clean the bowls once a week or so. Sorry, but I don't think they grow out of splashing/putting their paws into the water. My oldest cat is like 10 years old now, and he does that too.

~ moogle

I used Ceramic bowls for my Keeshound....he wasn't a cat, but he couldn't move the bowl around as it weighed a ton. :girl_happy:

Cats will be cats though...mine like to play in the bathtub. So far I haven't had any trouble with them playing in their water dishes.

I would use some of that adhesive super Velcro used to hang up paintings and use it to keep kitty's bowl in the same place. Not sure how to get her to stop playing in the water though.

Put some goldfish in his bowl, he's gonna play in the water anyway, might as well give him a little treat. Everyone already suggested practical solutions, so now is the time to post the funny ones. And remember, you didn't adopt a cat, the cat adopted you, it's his house not yours anymore, you are not the cats owner, you are just the buttler to him. Enjoy =^..^=

• Like 1

Put some goldfish in his bowl, he's gonna play in the water anyway, might as well give him a little treat. Everyone already suggested practical solutions, so now is the time to post the funny ones. And remember, you didn't adopt a cat, the cat adopted you, it's his house not yours anymore, you are not the cats owner, you are just the buttler to him. Enjoy =^..^=

:roflmao:

Thanks to everybody for the good and humorous suggestions. Cant wait to see some of the others.

Again, thanks

I have a cat who is a year and a few months old. She has a small water bowl that she insists on playing in when I fill it with water and sit it on the floor. She always paws at it, splashes water every place which causes the goofball to to run out of water and move the bowl around.

I have switched to another bowl - she still does it.

I have switched to the type that is continually filled with water through a water bottle screwed into the base - she still does it.

For you fellow cat owners, have you had this problem? Were you able to resolve it and what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks for the input.

I have the same problem with a puppy. I call it water bowl diving and he can make a real mess when he empties a 4 quart bowl. Puppies eventually out grow the activity. In the mean time, the most effective solution is to put a towel under the bowl.

To the OP, judging by the stack of diapers in your profile picture, I'd say you don't need your toilet, why not put a little step stool next to the crapper, fill it with some cheap feeder fish, and just enjoy your diapers. :P

I am a cat person. Two cats own me. They cannot be trained because they are smarter than we are. Just give up and enjoy life with your cat.

i have to disagree, i had a cat that i trained to get out of the kitchen and go into the living room on command, broke her of jumping up to hang on door frames, and to basically do what i say when i said it, she was a very smart cat, unfortunately she is missing right now*punches hole in a cinderblock wall*

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP, judging by the stack of diapers in your profile picture, I'd say you don't need your toilet, why not put a little step stool next to the crapper, fill it with some cheap feeder fish, and just enjoy your diapers. :P

Great idea but she is afraid of the toilet for some reason or another. She will investigate the shower occasionally but she stays clear of the toilet for some reason or another.

And you are correct about the bathroom part ... I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for 3 years.

You could also get one of the cat fountains. That's actually what I have since one of my cats will not drink water if it's not running. He actually prefers to drink out of the tap but will deal with the fountain. Those fountains are big and heavy enough unless you have a bobcat they shouldn't be moving around much. My cat is a 15 lb., all muscle, Norwegian Forest Cat and he likes to play with the water and never moves the fountain around.

My cat, too, loves to play with his water dish. We have the bottle dispenser type. We just wedged it between the cabinet and some heavy stuff. :P

Wedge what?? the cat or the water bowl....?? :huh:

I used Ceramic bowls for my Keeshound....he wasn't a cat, but he couldn't move the bowl around as it weighed a ton. :girl_happy:

Cats will be cats though...mine like to play in the bathtub. So far I haven't had any trouble with them playing in their water dishes.

My cat is always a pain in the arse, knocking the bath math, hand towels and bath towels on the floor. Also playing with the drain filter plastic thing in the bath. Won't go near it if it's got water in it mind you...

Mind you it WILL drink from the basin when FULL of water be standing on the edge of the bath.