LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Is Everyone In Such A Big Hurry?

I do 65-70 on the freeway, speed limit is 60, cars are passing me like I'm standing still. Why the big rush for everyone? And I just LOVE it when some fool decides to tailgate me......the closer they get....the slower I go. They usually pull around me cussing like an idiot, and I just smile while I'm sitting next to them at the same red light they just had to get to 2 seconds before me. Just venting....

I'm a person that has to (not by choice) walk or use public transit to get around but I still totally understand where you're coming from. Personally I think it is because we live in a "Go, Go, Go, Be Busy all the time" Society. It seems like most of society in general never takes time to slow down & reflect on things, because we are all engrained to be busy & be on the go all of the time. Since it is not the norm to not be on the go & to slow down sometimes, whenever someone does that, they tend to get looked at differently I guess. Also I think it is because not very many people have any patience anymore, Just my two cents,

Rockies Fan.

I do 65-70 on the freeway, speed limit is 60, cars are passing me like I'm standing still. Why the big rush for everyone? And I just LOVE it when some fool decides to tailgate me......the closer they get....the slower I go. They usually pull around me cussing like an idiot, and I just smile while I'm sitting next to them at the same red light they just had to get to 2 seconds before me. Just venting....

Aren't you ever worried that you may have to slam on your breaks and they end up rear ending you?

I could be sitting at a redlight and some fool is in a car behind me honking there horn and yelling at me saying move it.

Lol. I guess they don't know that your supposed to stop in traffic at a redlight and your not supposed to proceed until the light turns green.

These days seams like alot of folks move to fast in all aspects of life. Time to slow down some and enjoy life. My wife is like that in some aspects. I call her eager beaver lol. At least she drives safely thank god.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1,000th POST !

Thanks! I actually didn't even realize that my last post was my 1,000th post. I knew it was coming up soon, but I guess I didn't realize that I actually hit it yet. Thanks for the acknowledgement. It was a very nice gesture, & I appreciate it,

Rockies Fan.

I ride a bike everywhere, but I still see my fair share of roadway idiots. The worst is when I'm at a cross walk or intersection, and someone who is "being polite" has to stop in the middle of the cross walk, completely blocking off the lip so that I would have to go around them in the cross walk, and jump the curb. There are NO cars behind them, and they have plenty of time to safely drive through the cross walk before I even leave the side walk, yet they insist on stopping, and waving me to go in front of them. I flail my arms and yell GO GO GO!!! yet they still insist on being "polite" and wave me through, when it would be more "polite" to ignore the guy on the bike who is safely OFF of the road, and just keep going. It's to the point that when someone does that, I throw my bike down and stomp towards them with my fist raised, they always go after that.

WARNING: RANT!:

I love to drive, and have done it for a living quite a lot...I consider that a privilege in being able to do something that I enjoy! :D and doing that has it's ups and downs, as I see many many Far to many idiots who just don't know how to drive or just ignore the (common sense) rules of the road :badmood:

There are some 'unspoken' rules that I follow tha I see ignored constantly:

1) Lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY

2) You don't have the right to impeded other 'drivers' progress....see above.

When traveling, I usually stay in the right lane (2 lane highway) or in the #2 lane, since the #1 lane (the one all the way on the left) is meant for PASSING.. :glare: Calif and other states have passed laws against "parking' in the Number 1 lane. Parking being driving in that lane and going slower then the posted traffic speed....and I know we have all seen that. Someone I knwo said it quite eloquently:

"IF I HAVE TO PASS YOU ON THE RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG!"

As for bad drivers, I have seen them in droves. People turning left from the right hand turn lane, and right from the left hand turn lane (WHATS UP WITH THAT???!) changing lanes erratically, making "U' turns across 4 lanes of traffic from Curb to curb... instead of using the the double striped divider in the middle of the road (thats what it's there for!!!) people not looking at whats going on around them, stopping in the middle of the road for emergency vehicles, instead of moving to the right......and of coarse, the speeders who just don't give a rats backside about anything.

The speeders I usually just let go, I have raced them and shut them down...(I know...stupid) and also tried to block them (see rule #2 :blush: ) then some common sense took over and I let them go...to hopefully run into something a lot bigger and more solid than they are :P

I know it's a hard thing to do, since it's kind of a natural thing to want to 'control' someone who's doing something they shouldn't be doing (IE going 100 MPH or other crap) but I realized that I can't change that...I just mumble my serenity prayer

(God grant me serenity, and the ability to change the things I can, the ability to accept the things I cannot change...AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE)

and carry on. if on the highway, I usually will see the fool speeder stopped down the road by the CHP :P if he's lucky, and hasn't caused some accident somewhere.

I DESPISE bad drivers or those who taking driving for granted :badmood: Driving is a privilage that is granted to you by the state Via passing a drivers exam and road test. Yet some feel they have the right to do what they want, ignore rules of the road (which exist for a reason) and go one to do what ever astupidity they want.....until something happens, then it's someone else's fault!

Driving a motor vehicle is no different from operating any other piece of HEAVY EQUIPMENT, and if you don't believe me, try picking up your car with your hands... :P It takes skill and discipline and RESPECT. RESPECT for the vehicle and RESPECT for the road and others using it, period!.

The reason there are highway fatalities and insurance costs are the way they are is because of those who disregard the rules and common sense. SUV "drivers" are some of the worst, the younger the worse they are. They feel they are 'driving' a powerful vehicle and they are invincible and can do what they want, even though they don't have the slightest idea of what they are doing or how to actually handle the vehicle! :screwy: They are at the wheel of a vehicle that can weight upwards of 8000 LBS....thats 4 tons of moving mass. It has a high center of gravity and D*O*E*S*E*N*T handle like a sports car...yet idiots act like they do and will....until they are upside down and maybe one of their buddies is dead.......then they wonder why...

CAN'T

CAN'T

CAN'T

S*T*A*N*D these types....but I let them go on to what ever stupidity they are off to or encounter what ever....I keep my nose in my stuff and try to stay out of everyone else's way...knowing, (or hoping) thats something bigger then they are will stop them.....be it another (bigger) vehicle or a street light pole or bridge abutment...or a cliff :P

What ever...I stay to the right and out of the way, follow the rules and lead or follow. I usually get where I'm going in the time that I allowed, in one piece and with peace of mind...as for all the others...who cares. If they are stupid or arrogant enough to pull the sh*t that they do....and end up on a gurney in the ER or a body bag..not my problem nor my responsibility. They want to speed, fine, hope you run into something bigger and harder then you. I don't bother anyone and I mind my own business, just don't get in my way, or make me pass you on the right :P You will get an earful of my horn, and maybe, if I'm feeling generous the 1 finger salute! :P

Lead, follow or get out of the way....the roads belong to everyone, as (most) everyone has paid for them, and the rules of the road apply to everyone as well...if you cannot follow these simple things, then get off the road, burn your drivers license and take the Bus! :P

Huh, you sound just like some fool in front of me back in the 60's, tail-gated me slower and slower in his pickup for a couple of mile on a bit of 2 lane motorway. When the road cleared he hardly felt me as I nugged behind him and then gunned my truck; poor fellow tried to brake but he didn't know I'd got a 7 litre Hollman Moody under the bonnet.

I pushed him up to about 85 before I let him go; I shouldn't think he ever tried that trick again as he obviously felt too big an idiot to tell the police.

I had some fun in that truck, left a few boy-racers open mouthed; with the trailer and race car on the back I could pull a wheely when the lights went green.

Before you yell that I was irresponsible and remove this, men were men back then, not health and safety whimps.

Just venting...........

Yea....kids....don't do this. This douchebag manouver is likely to get you shot.

Not as long as they have enough insurance to make my lawyer and me happy. Why should I drive like a fool to please them.

But what if they have no insurance? You can't assume every driver behind you has it. That is the risk you take.

When you commute 5 days a week you don't want to be wasting your time on the road, when you could be doing better things with your life.

I also firmly believe the speed limit is an average safe speed for the majority of drivers on the road. When you drive the same road 5 days a week you become an experienced driver and you are no longer in the normal or average driver category.

As for tickets for speeding on the highway that is just revenue for the state, nothing to do with safety, at least in the USA. It is a story I hear over and over again that someone is following the flow of traffic which is going faster then the speed limit and if asked why the pulled you over and not one of the 20 cars behind and in front of you didn't they usually say something to the effect that you got randomly picked basically.

Oh and also if they were actually trying to slow down traffic they would not be hiding. They would either be making loops on a stretch of highway or be in plain view where a large group of cars would see you most the time. Hiding in a spot on only slows traffic for that one spot, once the cop can't see the car they will speed back up.

Also driving 5 days a week you get to know every single hiding spot on your route. It is almost always a blind spot that you will not see them until it is to late. So once you can see around the blind spot to where they hide and they are not there you can gun it again until the next spot.

Also even my little Corolla on a straight away can safely do 85-90, it just takes the experience of knowing the road you drive on and knowing your car. This is all about the Highway / Freeway where you only have to deal with other cars. Where business and houses are going to fast can easily result in hitting a pedestrian or bicycle.

Ok. I used to travel 2 hours every day on a major highway for over 12 years. If I am going the speed limit or just a couple miles above and someone comes speeding up behind me and tailgates me, yes! I WILL slow way down! First, I'm going the speed limit or slightly above and what the idiot is doing is very dangerous to me, himself and other drivers! DO NOT TAILGATE ME!!! EVER!! I've seen the accidents on that highway and have almost been caught up in some of them! It's not worth the danger to everyone else. Fact is, you may think you are a very safe and experienced driver and well able to speed 15 or 20 miles per hour over the legal posted limit, but what happens when you speed up and tailgate an old lady who usually gets out only once in a while to go to the grocery store or church? People never think of how the other drivers around them may react to their actions. That old lady may become so nervous, scared or confused when seeing you speeding up behind her that she may suddenly pull into the other lane right into another car just to get away from you! Now you have been the direct cause of an accident that may have caused serious injury or an innocent person' death! Think I'm just being facetious? It has happened many times and will continue to happen!

Oh, and I've been in situations where someone has come up behind me speeding and tailgating me when I have cars in front of me and I can't possibly go any faster! When I drive, I go the speed limit or slightly above, stay in the right lane and only use the other lanes to pass someone going slower than me. If I can't pass, then I just slow down and move with the flow. At the current price for gas per gallon, going a little slower will save me a few pennies and it's been shown that someone who drives 65 will get to the same destination as someone driving 80 in less than a minute's difference in time. over an average distance. Yeah, I don't want to promote road rage, but if some jerk comes speeding up behind me and starts to tailgate me when I'm going the limit or slightly above, yeah, I will slow down too until he backs off! I won't stand for anyone tailgating me!

I also firmly believe the speed limit is an average safe speed for the majority of drivers on the road. When you drive the same road 5 days a week you become an experienced driver and you are no longer in the normal or average driver category.

Also even my little Corolla on a straight away can safely do 85-90, it just takes the experience of knowing the road you drive on and knowing your car. This is all about the Highway / Freeway where you only have to deal with other cars. Where business and houses are going to fast can easily result in hitting a pedestrian or bicycle.

My friend, the cemetaries are full of folks who thought the way you do. Fact of the matter is that there are plenty of factors beyond your control that are difficult to anticipate. Speeding greatly reduces your ability to deal with those unknown factors effectively.

Ultimately, people are going to do what ever they want to do anyway they can. If people think they will get away with something then no amount of advice or law enforcement will act as a deterent. All I really hope is that you don't take me or anyone else out with you when you have an accident.

Why is everyone in such a hurry? Because they want to fly like hell so they can get there faster-hell that is :o I hope they get there soon and go there alone :bash: The key to getting somewhere fast isn't your top speed, but your average speed B) I drive near the speed limit and because I'm smart, I arrive at my destination pretty darn close to when the speed demons do and in a lot less stressed-out state. It's easy to do if you're paying attention. On top of that I'm getting better fuel mileage, my car isn't getting stressed either so it will last longer, and I get fewer speeding tickets to boot :girl_happy: And on the odd day I get to cruise past you as you're having a not-so-nice chat with that Patrolman on the side of the road. Yep, that was me laughing my a$$ off as I went by :P I hope that makes you feel better- it does me! :roflmao:

If you really want to know the why of this, as well as why we're in a world full of idiots and fools today, read "Future Shock" by Alvin Toffler. Even from 1970, he pinned the people of today right on target :huh: and guess what? It's only going to get worse :crybaby: Welcome to the future!

Bettypooh

First, I want to say, that after doing it twice in slightly over a week, Ohio sucks as a state to drive through, especially if you are going across northern Ohio. Boring, and too much road work, though the Turnpike having a 70 MPH speed limit is nice.

Second, if people knew how to drive properly, we really would not need a speed limit. The right lane is for driving, the left lane is for passing. If everybody knew when they had to move out of people's way and how to properly do it (like I do, and it may sound cocky but it is true), and when to start and finish a pass (again, like I do), people would be able to go almost any speed and be alright.

And going 70-75 in most of Indiana and Ohio, I was getting BETTER gas mileage despite everything I had to carry in my car for the trip than I ever can going 55-65 and unloaded.

I was going to post exact same topic.

The best I can think of...parents have to get kids from daycare/school/soccer/baseball/whatever. If they are late they pay extra.

Every morning, I experience people "flying", perhaps 80+ mph, I suspect they are trying to beat traffic to a major bridge that backs up quickly. It's weird at night, people are actually doing the limit, but in the morning...

I myself stick to the speed limits or +5. I started to loosen up and if two or cars are behind me, I'll go to 70 in a 65 zone. My gas mileage is 25 mpg at 65, at 70 it drops to 23. So, I'd rather the discount than the time savings. to me the limits are set for a reason: safety...imagine a truck doing 80 on a curvacious road and has to make a quick move, what a mess.

I think we are all forgetting where the OP is coming from. He is coming from Ohio. Since there is nothing to see, people drive faster. Try moving to a mountainous region like Washington and everyone drives slow, like less than speed limit slow. And they don't get out of the way. I am the kind of person who never goes more than 5 mph over the speed limit unless rate of traffic warrants more and keeps a fair distance from other cars, but people who drive slower than the speed limit annoy me, especially the kind that vary speed or pass you, pull in front of you, then slow down for absolutely no reason.

Edit: Diaper Mike nailed it.

Also, I have no clue why Wisconsin's posted speed limit on the freeway everywhere is 65 mph, when every other state I have been to is 70. There's your daily Wisconsin WTF moment (I have been having quite a few of those since I moved here recently). Sammy Hagar ought to put out a new song named "I cant drive 70," lol, eh, it does not quite have the same sound.

I haven't run into many tailgaters or flyers over in my neck of the woods. We have more of a problem with people creeping along the road, holding up traffic.

On another note, the Natchez trace is ridiculous. As soon as you even think of speeding, a Ranger comes out of nowhere. They litterally appear from the trees, I have no idea how they do it.

I think everyones in a hurry and drives fast 'cause they got to go potty...:P They don't have diapers....so they hv to rush around all the time 'cause they gotta GO! :o

And this is exactly why we should have a stricter driver training to get a license. Any one and their dead grandma can get one in the USA.

As the OP said it is a privilege...

And in Europe I have seen when someone comes up fast on someone they flash their lights, so they notice it and move over. Here you do that and the driver is just going to rage.

Well, this thread certainly has brought out the riff-raff of our bad drivers, and the shining stars of the good ones. And what the hell is a tailgatee WK? Something you made up to justify yourself?

So I take you you think inside the box then? All traffic laws are made for the reason that for the average person it is safest.

If you have you have more knowledge / ability / experience on the road you are no longer the "average" driver.

Thats my second rant, but I'll spare you :P I know that 'drivers ed' here is a joke, and one reason that there are so many B*A*D drivers here. if we adopted even some of Europe's driving standards and training, I bet we could get 40% of current drivers off the road! thats would save a LOT of gas, and lives and aggravation.

But that will never happen, especially here in Calif. due to it being an oh-so-liberal state and Sacramento and the DMV depend so heavily on the revenue generated by the fees paid by applicants to get a license in the first place. So it's a vicious circle and a catch 22...and guess who gets screwed.... :P

RANT.

Oh dear, you have got my dander up.

"Ok. If I am going the speed limit or just a couple of miles above and someone comes speeding up behind me and tailgates me, yes! I WILL slow way down! "

When you slow down, deliberately, you are a tailgatee, which is just as bad as being a tailgater.

Maybe so, but usually the other person who first caused the problem by tailgating me will get the idea and back off. Also slowing down not only gets my message across to follow the law and don't tailgate me (which is illegal in the United States), but gives me a safer speed to take evasive action in time should the tailgater do something even more dangerous like trying to get around me on the shoulder of the road or trying to force me off the road.

"What happens when you tailgate if it's an old lady who usually gets out only once in a while to go to the grocery store or church? That old lady may become so nervous, scared or confused when seeing you speeding up behind her that she may suddenly pull into the other lane right into another car just to get away from you! Now you have been the indirect cause of an accident."

I'm sorry, but if that old lady, who started driving when there were no speed limits on the open roads, is that nervous, scared or confused, then she should no longer be on the road ! Oh, and by the way, that little word (if), what if there was a tornado or what if there was an earthquake or if a meteorite struck, could be almost as serious.

Lot's of "What If's" there. A tornado, earthquake or meteor strike are all natural disaters and not caused by some jerk who just decided to speed and tailgate someone else. Yes, perhaps some people shouldn't drive anymore. My dad stopped driving when he turned 80. Perhaps these people who you think shouldn't drive anymore are perfectly safe drivers all the time except when someone speeds up to them on the highway and sits right on their back bumper flashing their lights on and off at them! Anyone could become nervous and do something they shouldn't in a case like that! If someone came up behind you and yelled loudly in your ear, you'd jump too as a reflex action.

"When I drive, I go the speed limit or slightly above, stay in the right lane and only use the other lanes to pass someone going slower than me."

Please may I commend you, that is the propper way to use the road, but sorry to read that you feel you are slightly above the law.

When I speed up going slightly above the speed limit, it's only to pass a slower moving car, someone doing maybe 65 on the highway. Then I don't speed right up on his bumper and then swerve over into the next lane. I drive safely, always checking my mirrors for others behind me and in the other lanes. I give myself pleanty of room and time to move over into the next lane when I'm going to pass someone, then after passing I move back into the right lane. How is "slightly above the law" so much worse that really speeding and tailgating, which is way above the law? You can twist stuff all you want to try and make your own violations seem not as bad as they are.

"Yeah, I don't want to promote road rage,"

But it's just like wearing a nappy, you just can't stop it and Do so enjoy it.

I enjoy diapers, but not road rage. It's stupid! Some day you may piss off the wrong person who just happens to have a gun on them.

"but if some jerk comes speeding up behind me and starts to tailgate me when I'm going the limit or slightly above, yeah, I will slow down until he backs off! I won't stand for anyone tailgating me!"

Ever thought of pulling over and letting the jerk go by? There is a lot of satisfaction to be had, sitting there every time he looks in his rear view mirror!!!. but try to resist giving him the finger.

Yes, I always pull over when I can. As stated, I keep constant watch on my mirrors and when I see someone comming up faster than I am, I would pull over immediatly. As I stated, I drive in the right lane unless passing a slower car. When there are cars in both lanes and someone comes speeding up behind me or them and tailgating, what are we supposed to do? Pull off the road and into the ditch? I'm not talking about someone here who just is going a little faster and wants to pass. I'm talking about f---king idiots who speed up to a line of cars in both lanes going the speed limit or a little slower, then tailgating! What the hell is everyone supposed to do in that situation? You can't get around everyone! The moron tailgating should realize that unless he's blind, and then if he is blind, what's he doing driving a car? I see all the time where a truck or car plows into everyone because they are slowing down for highway construction! There are signs saying slow down for 2 miles! What are these people doing? Texting, probably! How many people do they have to injure or kill? It takes a mature person to not give someone the finger in a situation like that, and I don't promote road rage or make it worse by flipping someone off. The most I do is slow down when someone tailgates me.

I speak with authority. I am unique. I am the only male motorist who does not think that he is the world's best driver.

Based on your posts, I don't think you are the world's best driver either! Bottom line is there are laws for a reason. Speeding is one thing, speeding up behind someone and sitting on their back bumper tailgating is wrong and dangerous. Maybe 90% of the people will move over, but there are that 10% who will get scared and flustered and may do something to cause an accident. Think of others. Enough said from me on the subject.

LOL.