LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Considering Going 24/7 And Need To Know What Diapers To Get?

So let me give you a little bit of context first.

I am one of those people who diaper binges. I will buy some, feel great about it for a while, wear them not all the time but just whenever I feel like it and then suddenly I'll start to feel guilty about them and throw whatever I have remaining away. I realise this issue is largely about myself not accepting the fact I like wearing diapers, or prohaps my fear of others discovering and rejecting me for it.

Going cold turkey just isn't an option. I know I can live with out diapers but that doesn't stop me wishing I had them when I am without. I suspect it's a deep desire that will be with me for life.

So I'm thinking about indulging in an expriment. I've read about a number of people here who have gone 24/7 and never looked back. I'm considering trying out a 24/7 stint for myself which I'm hoping will either 'make or break' my infatuation with diapers. Basically my theory is I'll either learn that I can learn to wear diapers in public, around my friends and family and I'll realise it's not something i have to feel ashamed about or prohaps I'll be so distressed by the situations that arise I might encourage me to stave off my diaper desires with more earnest.

It would definately be helpful to hear from others experiences and to hear if others think this is a good idea or a terrible one.

To date I have worn diapers in public before, and little bit around my family, but never to university which is actually my biggest concern.

The longest I've ever been in diapers continueally if probably about 3 or 4 days but this was during a study break so I was seldom leaving my appartment.

Also note my aim here isn't to try an achieve inncontinance as I am aware is the reason some people go 24/7, its simply to try and sample a lifestyle and hopefully to achieve a state of mind.

I've selected three different diapers which are avalible to me and would apprechaite guidence on which would be best for this 24/7 attempt. I will include my own thoughts on each below.

2x Cuddlz 60" by 60" Terry towel square. (With plastic pants and diaper pins) £55.95

Or,

62x Cuddlz large disposable nappies (comes with a free pair of plastic pants) £59.99

Or,

72x Tena Slip Maxi medium disposable nappies (no free pair of plastic pants unfortunatly) £63.68

I've worn all of these nappies before so I know they in practical sense they work. The terry squares I bought the 48" by 482 before and found it a little small after folding, which is why I'm going for the larger ones this time around.

Please bare in mind I havn't entirely decided what I'm defining by 24/7 yet. At the moment it will at least included urination in diapers only but I dunno about defecation as well, maybe I won't abandon the toilet completely but again this is something you guys can advise on. I have messed diapers before and I do enjoy it, but I can easily see how messing in diapers all the time might become a hassle and I don't really want to mess in public since it is likely to offend people.

Another thing is that if someone does happen to notice I'm wearing diapers and askes about it. My claim is going to be that I've been suffering stress incontinence. Is it really fair for me to say I have a medical condition? But I suppose if I'm practically living as someone with sevre incontinence then it seems like quite an innocent white lie.

Finally here are my own thoughts on the diapers I mentioned above:

Terry towels: I've not had that much exprience with these, having never gone out in public wearing them, so I am definatly worried about bulk. Pooping probably isn't an option because I'm not sure I would have the facilities to clean them properly. Also I'm aware that having just two might not be enough to get through a 24 hour day but at the moment I'm not really willing to up my price range much further beyond that £60 mark (baring in mind this is a 24/7 experiment, I'm not yet in for the long hual.) The only real advantage I saw to these was that they were better for the environment since they are reuseable, and would be ideal prohaps if I decided instead only to wear every night rather than every day and night.

Cuddlz disposables: Probably my favourite nappies. Soft and comfortable they just make me feel babyish, although they also come in just plain white with no designs so at least if someone notices it's not going to be the same as being caught in an adult baby nappy that has cartoons printed all over it. They hold plenty in my mind and fine for messing in too.

Tena disposables: Probably the most practical choice. My main thinking again is that if someone notices I'm wearing them then at least it's a bonne fide incontinance product to help me sell my claim. Also I think they may also have the best capacity but they arn't always that comfortable and I have known them to sag which can lead to leaking. All in all a good product though and reasonably priced.

I've worn both of these disposables under my jeans before. I thought they were a little bulky and I knew the tops of them definatly came over the tops of my jeans, but as far as I am aware whenever I've worn them in public no one has ever noticed.

I would proably go with the tenas or cudlz. The advantage of disposables while out is that they are are easier to change and get rid of. Cloth would be fine to wear at home though. I would invest in a pair or two of plastic pants for use with disposables since it would stop any leaks till you can change. When i go out in diapers i wear plastic pants over the diaper and then a pair of my regular underwear over that and that covers the sound and also can help hide the back of the diaper

So, you realize it is just a fantasy and 24/7 is not for you. Good. Your real problem is, like many of us, an inability to practice moderation. You are diaper drunk but don't want to join diapers anonymous.

No problem. Your experiment may indeed help you cope with the desire and smooth out the binge and purge cycle to a more moderate wear/no-wear cycle.

I was once like you. Bought a bag of diapers, wore the first 5-6 then toss the rest. Horrible to think about it now.

I also experimented with 24/7, catheters, cloth and plastic pants. My record was 4 days in diapers before I got so utterly bored I didn't wear again for almost six months.

Personally, I'd stick with disposables and some discrete plastic pants while away from home. When at home, do whatever you feel is most comfortable.

Actually, I find writing stories, reading stories and such helps alleviate the desires to have actual contact with diapers.

I genuinely would love to hear how your thoughts and success turn out because there is no failure, only one more thing you can cross off as not your ideal solution.

The best place to buy adult nappies i.e. abena, tena, euron etc. is ebay

A few months ago i was able to get 6 bags of tena slip maxi for £20 (+ £10 diesel for collecting them).

Shop around for the best deals.

If you want something babyish but dont want the cost of cuddlz etc, my suggestion is tendercare they stock all white nappies in a wide range of absorbencies and sizes for a very cheap price i.e. around £26 inc p+p for 30, around £42 inc p+P for 90.

Just my input

So you're looking to solve the 'binge and purge' issue. You've worn 24/7 before. And somehow doing that again is going to solve the binge and purge issue? I think not :o What you need to be doing is practicing some self-acceptance and allowing yourself to do what you want to do when you want to do it ;) That will solve your problems- simply wearing 24/7 obviously won't :(

Yes, there are many of us who need to wear 24/7 and we do so. That doesn't mean that we all use diapers as our only 'toilet'- I certainly don't :P Through the workdays and where discretion matters I wear pull-ups, which allow me the choice of easily using the toilet or not. When I want to be thickly diapered I have cloth diapers and they worl well. When I want something in between I've got some plastic-backed Depends, and if I want to risk wet pants I've got pads :mellow: Having choices is what makes it work for me- there is no one right way to be ABDL :thumbsup: Wearing 24/7 isn't for everyone even if you don't use them as intended. It has it's own set of problems and benefits just the same as anything else

I wear Tena Slip Maxi Medium 24/7 but have only started using them for wetting this week. I have found that it is best to wear them with plastic pants but it can get awful hot which isn't so much fun. The fact that I have to carry extra nappies and wipes in my bag is also something that I didn't really consider but it is an issue if you want to go 24/7. Hope that it all works out for you and you get the result tht you want. Have to be honest though that I am not having that much of a problem coping as I have a very good relationship with my husband :)

if you are actually going to go 24/7 ... I recommend dry 24/7 or abena (s,m,l)4.

I have been 24/7 for about 3 years and have been using dry 24/7 for the last year or so. The dry 24/7 doesnt leak much, holds alot and is dependable.

... if you are in the USA. If you are in Europe try the Tenas

Two cloth nappies will never cut it for a 24/7 attempt (as you know) but they are just SO comfortable and fantastic for overnight use that I'd be looking to have them available to me in addition to disposable day wear. As a side sleeper, I've never found a disposable that was much better than no nappies at all in bed at night! Terry nappies are utterly brilliant in bed.

I've worn my 60" terry nappies outside under loose fitting jeans (with plastic pants of course). I guess you could tell if you knew what to look (big bum, curiously featureless crotch) for but it wasn't that obvious and I doubt anybody noticed.

I've never had the chance to wear for more than about 4 days straight and frankly by day 4, it was just a chore. I did however have the chance to wear in bed for a couple of months. That was NOT a chore and I'd love to do it again but I don't think my partner would accept it.

So, you realize it is just a fantasy and 24/7 is not for you. Good. Your real problem is, like many of us, an inability to practice moderation. You are diaper drunk but don't want to join diapers anonymous.

No problem. Your experiment may indeed help you cope with the desire and smooth out the binge and purge cycle to a more moderate wear/no-wear cycle.

I was once like you. Bought a bag of diapers, wore the first 5-6 then toss the rest. Horrible to think about it now.

I also experimented with 24/7, catheters, cloth and plastic pants. My record was 4 days in diapers before I got so utterly bored I didn't wear again for almost six months.

Personally, I'd stick with disposables and some discrete plastic pants while away from home. When at home, do whatever you feel is most comfortable.

Actually, I find writing stories, reading stories and such helps alleviate the desires to have actual contact with diapers.

I genuinely would love to hear how your thoughts and success turn out because there is no failure, only one more thing you can cross off as not your ideal solution.

That is a very perceptive post from you. Yuo can tell ABs who have been around a while because these issues of 'balance' and 'moderation' and dealing with compulsion etc tend to come up. It is good to hear more people talking about how to live with AB desires without it taking over.

I would like to add, for those wearing 24/7 like me for whatever reason and wear plastic pants as a backup. I had two pair of cheaper plastic pants that I put three small holes on each side of the hip up by the waistband to allow air to circulate did this with a cheap paper punch.. I wore these during the day as I was upright and wouldn't cause any kind of leaks. Now I use Side snap plastic pants and they do the same thing allow air in and out, but contain any leaks. Ultimately a flannel or terry lined side snap pant would catch any press out and keep you cooler and comfy during warm times. ;)

Indeed, be it AB or DL or ABDL, if you want success with this (and who doesn't?) then it's all about balancing it so that it succeeds in your RL ;) And that begins with self-discovery and self-acceptance which can be attained in private without anyone in your RL knowing a thing B) Only after you can accept yourself will others accept you and see beyond your differences.

Bettypooh

From experience, I'd recommend cloth diapers at home and particularly at night. Disposables tend to leak at night, particularly if you are a side sleeper like me. Also, although the cloth diapers have a higher initial cost, over the long run they will be less expensive to use because they can be laundered and reused.

During the day away from home, disposables are more practical. Then I'd choose a brand that has enough absorbency to minimize the number of changes required. Personally, I use the Abena X-plus. They provide enough absorbency to allow me to change every 5 to 8 hours. So, I put one on in the morning before leaving the house; change during my lunch hour, and then wear that diaper until I get ready for bed unless I've messed the diaper or am urinating heavily that day in which case I'll change again in the afternoon before putting my night diaper on before going to bed.

I would also recommend wearing elastic pants over the disposable diapers. This keeps the diaper closer to the body and minimizes the possibility of leaks. Abena makes a pant specifically for this purpose.

I tried 24/7 for a little bit as an experiment. I found it to be too difficult mostly because there is no easy way to change in public. Just wearing diapers most of the time I am home is good enough.

If you have to, you find a way. I've changed in public restrooms, the men's room at work, roadside parks, in the back of my van, and aircraft lavatories. Surprisingly, the most difficult place to change was in the back of the van. It's impossible to stand up back there. When I need a diaper change, I try to park in a low traffic area so I don't get curious eyes peering in to see what I'm doing. However, a car parked by itself in an unoccupied corner of a parking lot tends to attract unwanted attention.
  • Like 1

I've gone 24/7 before (year or more)

And I found I lost all the wow factor kinda fast ....

Any way you will have to find your balance

I've found giving my partner the option to be the one in controll of when I'm diapered and when I'm not a nice balance point for both of us (and a turn on for me) lol that way she don't feel left

Out and its important to to keep the other person in your life happy too. finding a place to change is never fun aswell as you have to carry a DIAPER BAG! May it be a back pack or what not its still a diaper bag!

To me diapers are a true comfy friend

But too much of anything can get tiresome

And the thill is gone leaving (myself) a lil mad @ my self and sad

Try wearing @ night to bed that seems (for me) to help out with wanting to wear all the time

Best of luck B-bear

• Like 1

I've gone 24/7 before (year or more)

And I found I lost all the wow factor kinda fast ....

Any way you will have to find your balance

I've found giving my partner the option to be the one in controll of when I'm diapered and when I'm not a nice balance point for both of us (and a turn on for me) lol that way she don't feel left

Out and its important to to keep the other person in your life happy too. finding a place to change is never fun aswell as you have to carry a DIAPER BAG! May it be a back pack or what not its still a diaper bag!

To me diapers are a true comfy friend

But too much of anything can get tiresome

And the thill is gone leaving (myself) a lil mad @ my self and sad

Try wearing @ night to bed that seems (for me) to help out with wanting to wear all the time

Best of luck B-bear

I guess everyone is different. I have been wearing 24/7 for the past 6 weeks. Now I feel naked when I have some reason that I can't wear, such as going to the doctors for my physical. Sometimes I can't living at home either, don't want my Mom finding out "again."

And I don't have problems carrying a "diaper bag" nor finding places to change. I just go to any public restroom and change.

I guess everyone is different. I have been wearing 24/7 for the past 6 weeks. Now I feel naked when I have some reason that I can't wear, such as going to the doctors for my physical. Sometimes I can't living at home either, don't want my Mom finding out "again."

And I don't have problems carrying a "diaper bag" nor finding places to change. I just go to any public restroom and change.

As someone who is going to school/ living at home, I envy your commitment. How much of the time in that 6 weeks would you say you wore? I've thought about it but still find the idea just a tad risky. Best of luck not getting caught again.

Guest aielen

I have no experience with any diaper except Tena. Tena Slip of any kind rocks, Tena Maxi is the best. If you are going 24/7 Tena Slip gives you quite enough volume to pee (I don't do no. 2 don't ask me), hardly any noise, and easy to hide if you are a girl.

Wow, this topic got quite alot of attention, though maybe I should have expected some vested intrest? Well, I guess you would all probably like to hear what I decide upon?

I went for the cloth diapers. I got them as few nights ago and have worn them most nights to sleep.

With thanks to the advice that was given I decided ultimately that 'moderation' definatly sounded a lot healthier than my proposed 24/7 expriment. I do quite like the thrill of wearing in public, but I recognise there is a boundary to what I'm cofortable with. So maybe I'll buy some desposables when I can afford them for the occassional public forray and pretence at the fantasy of wearing 24/7 but a shalt emmerse myself in the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would become a bore after a while. I was going to try keeping my boy diapered for 4 or 5 days but we never seem to have time. I am glad we did not. Our baby time is so sweet I want to keep it from getting old.

The 24/7 thing is more of a challange than anything, to prove to your self that you can do it and to gain some insight to what it is really like.

If you do, it has to be all or none, no cheating or it is not worth the effort.

If you do deceide to do it, remember it is to understand how to deal with everything, sleeping through the night, the mess of the bm's, the issues about going out and meeting people in a diapered state, and how to deal with changes when you are in public.

For those of us who are not forced to do this, it is a lot to deal with so don't attempt it without a lot of planning, and don't expect it to be all fun and games, as after a day or so, there will be doubts.

I will say if you are like me, you will come away from it with a whole new understanding of what it is like if you have to deal with this, and a respect for those that do deal with this as part of there life.

So again, if you are going to do this, don't take half measures as it means little.

Good luck with your choices

Dee