LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Birth Order Have Anything To Do With Our Desires?

Does Birth Order Have Anything To Do With Our Desires?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Were You a...

2. 2. Number of Years of Separation Between your closest Sibling

3. 3. Do you feel like you received enough love & care from your Parents (Vote Yes) or were you rushed to Grow up without that Love & Care? (Vote No)

Hi All,

I am wondering if birth order such as being the oldest, youngest, only child etc. might have a connection as to why we are AB/DL. I know these answers would be all over the map for each of us, but my line of thinking & curiousity is wondering if more of us are the way we are because of Birth Order. For me, Birth order may be a part of it, I am the oldest of four, & I think & feel that once my siblings came along, I kinda got brushed aside because I was older & I never received all of the nurturing that I really needed.

Rockies Fan.

Edited by Rockies Fan in Diapers

ohhh interesting .... lots of posts about various reasons why but not sure ive run across this one before .....

im the youngest in my family... i have two older brothers ....

it will be interesting to see replies.... would be a cool poll question too!!!

very cool question there are lots of books out there about birth order stuff too

I'm the middle child. I don't think it directly contributed, but I was always (and still am) feeling the pressure of being compared to my sisters, as well as other people my age. I'm not as intelligent as either of my sisters, nor did/do I have the good looks, popularity, and downright talent that they had/have.

My older sister wasn't really "popular", but no one messed with her and she had friends and a decent social life. She was also classed as "gifted" in school, had near perfect grades, played clarinet...Now, she has a good job, her own house, is married, etc.

My baby sister is also a lot better off than I was at her age. She's a very popular and active girl - she has a very healthy social life, and she has been and is in band, sports, track...with near perfect grades as well.

I'm still trying, and working on my life, but it makes me kind of sick to think about really.

~ moogle

For me it had nothing to do with birth order. I was an only child until I turned 20 when my only sibling was born. I have no idea why I am wired the way that I am...plus having to use diapers because I need them not because I want them didn't become a factor in my life until my teens. My mom said that I was a late bloomer in potty training. When I was three, I was still in diapers, but eventually gained full control of my faculties before I started preschool when I turned 4. I still had accidents occasionally, but I also had tummy troubles since as far back as I can remember. The funny thing is I don't like the extra attention that I get because I have to wear diapers. I mean...only my husband and my mom know that I have to wear...the rest of my family is in the dark. I hope to keep it that way.

I was an only child until the middle of my teenage years. But my diaper desires were derived from way younger than teenage years. For me, I honestly don't think it's birth order, though that may play a factor in some cases. (As well as the wattage of bulb you used by your bed :P) But rather, what happened to my childhood.

Anywho, that's just my thought.

Paxy ^_^

Hmm... This is an interesting analysis. Hadn't given it much thought before now.

I was the first born, and my twin sisters were born when I was about 2 1/2. My parents have reminisced about the hassle in dealing with all three kids in diapers at the same time, which I can't even IMAGINE. I'm sure they were eager to get ONE of the three kids out of diapers as quickly as possible, which means I could've been pressured to train up before I was emotionally ready (before age three for sure). To my knowledge, I never had any major potty training difficulties. I remember 1-2 accidents around age four, but nothing after that.

I've always been very close to my sisters, and I've been told I proudly paraded them around after they were born. As newborn twins, they obviously got a lot of attention from every angle, and they commanded a LOT of my parents' time. Proud or not, I have to believe that - at 2 1/2 - I must've also harbored at least a little jealously toward them...

My diaper desires/DL leanings didn't materialize until I entered puberty; however I remember having a non-sexual fascination with the diaper as an object in general as early as 6-7.

Could my birth order explain things? In my case, it's one possible aspect/contributor, but who the hell really knows.

Youngest, though I feel my economic/family dynamic situation had far more to do with my being DL now than my birth order.

Single Mom, too busty for much affection, followed by abusive step-father, followed by single mother again and having to grow up at 14 and work to help pay the bills as older siblings wouldn't help. Was never really a kid.

Hmm,

Well from the looks of things it looks like I started an interesting conversation & topic. Although I am quite surprised that this possibility has not been talked about amongst us like this before now.

Rockies Fan.

Guest gnappies

Only child from a marriage lasting 44 years, until my mother died three years ago. Middle class reasonably well off. Father worked his way up from apprentice electrician to director for what used to be the national electric supplier. Stay at home mum when I came along.

I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.

I'm the middle child inmy fam. but i don't think that is with me my sisters are 1 year apart so i don't think so. i think it hit me when my mom told me i pooped my pants tell i was 5. I have cousins that where older too. So for me it didn't have anything to do to me

I'm the youngest in my family too with one older sister. Us folks who used diapers for bedwetting might be a bit of an anomally anyway as I think that being in diapers for as long as I have influences many parts of my life than I care to explore at this time. Although I cannot recall ever NOT enjoying wearing diapers I am sure there must have been some point in my life where I was forced to give up wearing them daily because I know for a fact I was out of them during the day when I began school....

No, it's all to do with what wattage bulbs you had in your bedside lamp.

I do wonder if your bedside lamp bulb was burned out ;)

I seem to recall a thread like this from my early times here but with all my burned-out brain cells I can't be sure :o I've seen the same concept discussed among various interests such as TG's, volunteers, and certain hobbyists and there seems to be no relationship between birth order and anything save for the oldest is somewhat more likely to be financially successful. I also discussed this with my therapist who agreed- there is no pattern that she had ever seen. It's still interesting and worth discussing- we may find something that is new (if no more than learning where each of us was in our family).

Oh, what about me you ask? Well I was "the baby of the family" :lol: but only a DL in RL.

Bettypooh

I am my parents' third child, with two younger siblings. The oldest is my sister Penny. My younger sister is Ruth. Our youngest sister is Missy. Like our Mom, Aunt Betsy and Granny Vi all us gals reverted to daily bedwetting ust after puberty and total urinary incontinence by age 21.

Certainly growing up I did not resist being diapered for trips and special events, but I never wanted to wear a diaper or play childishly. Penny and Missy were the sisters most into playing house.

I was 26 and depressed about my constant need for diapers when Missy told me she used adult baby play to cope. Until that evening I did not remember using a pacifier. She gave me a new set of MAMs. I found a MAM pacifier so relaxing. On my way home from her house I bought a couple of EvenFlo baby bottles and clear silicone nipples. Those also made me happy.

Looking back and knowing what I know now about infantilism, probably it is Penny who should be the most active ABDL of my sisters. She never is critical that Missy and me do play big baby to relax, but that is not Penny. Ruth will always be Ruth: up-tight, unhappy and a total PIA! Our Mom has often apologized for not telling us about ABDL. Of course back in the 1960s and 1970s how many people did know about ABDL?

My live, in-person AB pals cover the range of first to last born. My suspicion is that birth order is not a major factor in ABDL.

I was the oldest but don't think this to be much of a contributing factor. I was potty trained and entirely out of diapers by about 1.5yrs old and my memories go back to about 2 years old. I never did have chronic bed wetting problem either so it is beyond me why I identify as an AB....

This is a good topic. I am the eldest and can honestly say that when my little brother was born I felt jealous of everything he had even the diapers. I agree with Sarah this should be made into a poll.

ohhh interesting .... lots of posts about various reasons why but not sure ive run across this one before .....

im the youngest in my family... i have two older brothers ....

it will be interesting to see replies.... would be a cool poll question too!!!

very cool question there are lots of books out there about birth order stuff too

This is a good topic. I am the eldest and can honestly say that when my little brother was born I felt jealous of everything he had even the diapers. I agree with Sarah this should be made into a poll.

Ok If I change this topic into a poll, What Questions should I ask? Where you an only child, If not, were you the Oldest, Youngest, or Middle Child? Are those the questions or different ones? If there's anything else I should add, please let me know.

Rockies Fan.

Here are a few questions to consider:

1) Only child?

2) First born?

3) Last born?

4) Middle child?

5) Age separating you from you closest sibling: N/A; only child

6) Age separating you from your closest sibling: 1-2 years

7) Age separating you from you closest sibling: 2-3 years

8) Age separating you from you closest sibling: 3-5 years

9) Age separating you from you closest sibling: 5-10 years

10) Age separating you from you closest sibling: 10+ years

Why the age groupings? If there's any correlation, it would likely manifest during the sibling's diapered or toilet training years. After age five, it's unlikely the diaper would be connected to any feelings of resentment. Diapers for bedwetting beyond age 5 would probably be considered somewhat outside the norm.

Ok, I have now turned this topic into a poll with 2 questions & several possible Answers for Both Questions & I want to thank & credit sarah_ab & Pm88 & PaddedPat for suggesting that I make this into a poll & to PaddedPat for the Question & Answer Ideas. If You have any Questions or Answers that I should add to the Poll let me know.

Rockies Fan.

Ok, I have now turned this topic into a poll with 2 questions & several possible Answers for Both Questions & I want to thank & credit sarah_ab & Pm88 & PaddedPat for suggesting that I make this into a poll & to PaddedPat for the Question & Answer Ideas. If You have any Questions or Answers that I should add to the Poll let me know.

Rockies Fan.

Ha. You have missed the thing a lot seem to attribute to becoming ABDL. If people had affection from their parents as kids.

Once again my post is the most important in a thread!!!