LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time Ever Putting A Cloth Diaper!

I never wore or wanted to try cloth diapers but recently with my stash going down and money getting a little tight I was seeking cost effective solutions to keep me going through the tough times. I saw online that cloth diapers were a popular alternative which people were really enjoying. So i decided to try it out and I bought this:

http://www.babykins.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=11500&Category_Code=KCD

In girl's print, and with 2 boosters (as i didn't know how absorbent such a garment would be). Fast forward 2 weeks or so and I got to try them out, oh-my-god! Why aren't more ab/dls wearing cloth!!!!

1. SUPER comfy and just awesome to wear.

2. Amazing absorbency! (With 2 x doubler its hilariously absorbent)

3. You always have the option of play like you forgot to put your plastic pants and have accident in your unprotected cloth diaper ;)

4. Re-f*cking-usable! Say hello to always being able to wear at night without having the guilty feeling of using your stock too fast.

5. You can make your diaper so thick you waddle like a real baby! :3

6. Silent if one wants to be stealth as well :ninja:

7. Comes in way more ranges of thickness and sizes than disposable (you can even have them custom made!).

8. The design possibilities are endless.

9. Friendlier to the environment if that's something important to you.

10. Three ways to put the diaper on, velcro (<3), pull-on, pins.

I'm calling this post, the cloth diaper intervention. People must know how flipping awesome these are!

Anyone know of good cloth diapers like the ones from babykins ?

CLOTH DIAPERS FOR LIFE <3

Necros!

Well, there are those of us :whistling: who have been beating the cloth diaper drum for a while. Glad you listened and gave it a shot! :thumbsup: enjoy those, they look cool, and I'd like to try one, since they were origionally the DPF diaper....but I don't like flannel :P I prefer birdseye or gauze.

As you have discovered cloth diapers R*O*C*K. :D

As to your question, I have been getting mine from ADC (adult cloth diaper) but others sell them as well, but they can be pricy, so it really pays to shop around.

I have been looking at a diaper thats available from 'rearz' of Canada and also from changing times. It's the 4x10x4 'twill' diaper. I'm intrigued by the comments that people have left, so I ordered one off ebay, and it should be here soon. baby pants has some 4x8x4 prefolds that I think are birdseye, but I'm not sure. I have about 10 or so diapers already, and I am happy :D so I don't really 'need' anymore. I have what I always wanted..I just wish VIP was back in business.....I love their plastic pants :(

Anyways, congrats on the 'discovery" (it's about damn time! :P ) enjoy it and maybe try others.

The real nice thing about cloth is, you don;t have to worry about flooding it, they can handle it, unlike disposables, which take time to absorb everything into the deeper layers. Cloth just does it's job....and yo can really relax. Double them up and pee your brains out....you wont be able to soak it! I tried, a double diaper (2 4x8x4 prefolds) are crazy thick and will hold a T*O*N. I flooded the thing like there was no tomorrow..... and the outer diaper was barely damp.

They are great,comfortable, and a lot of fun...and reusable! Truly the best of all worlds....:D

Enjoy.....wash.....and enjoy again....and again

If you're handy or just want soakers, keep an eye out for good sales on flannel bedsheets and/or bath towels, depending on the brand the cloth is often much softer than what you can buy at the fabric store. >.< Goodwill often has deals on sheets and stuff that are still packaged.

Some of my first and favorite diapers were old queen size flannel bedsheets, oh those were sooooo soft. :)

Cool, but i like when there's still elastics at the legs for a more close fit. So bed sheets wouldn't be too great for that, which is why i got the particular cloth diaper from Babykins.

It could maybe be used as boosters though o: i'll keep my eye out for fabric sales indeed.

lil_baby_ wet wrote:  "Once you factor in all the water, detergent, and energy needed to wash and dry your cloth diapers you realize they aren't as good for the environment as they might seem. "

PROCTOR & GAMBLE PROPAGANDA!!   rotely repeated.  So it is better that each year in the United States alone over 18 billion plastic coated disposable diapers are dumped into landfills?  That's 5 million tons of yucky waste!  Sure makes big business happy , but their "fact" is a bald faced lie.  Disposable diapers are NOT good for the environment.

I'm still using diapers I bought over 5 years ago.  I have my own well and septic and line dry when I can.  Preserving the environment is more important than the "hassle and inconvenience" so avoided by the disposable mind set.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

What would be the ideal disposable would be a diaper with out a backing that is flusable that fits into a reusable plastic outer panty. The idea that disposables are more economical is absurd. I have been wearing for 28 years at an average of 4 times a week. I do have more rubber panties than most but they last 5 years since I have so many. and a baby goes through about 5500. Beyond that, proper disposal of the diaper calls for a thorough rinsing in hot water, or used to and certainly if feces is involved that better be done. This also fits with what I have been told by a couple of state social workers whose jobs were home ec counselling, both women, one of whom, while explaining to me almost went ballistic on the spot. Who wants to argue with the pro's

I would agree that cloth is more economical than disposable diapers. Unfortunately for myself, I tried them and did not like them. The problem is diapers are a fetish for me and it is the feel of the disposable diapers that gets me excited. To me, cloth diapers are like having a pillow between my legs, so I am not very interested in them.

Cool, but i like when there's still elastics at the legs for a more close fit.

When I want a tight fit around the legs with a flat diaper I use 4 pins. Two at the waist then pull the diaper at the legs tight and pin it there too. If you do get some fabric you could try it; you might like the fit after all. If not you still have some soft boosters to use. Good for you on trying cloth. :thumbsup:

PROCTOR & GAMBLE PROPAGANDA!! rotely repeated. So it is better that each year in the United States alone over 18 billion plastic coated disposable diapers are dumped into landfills? That's 5 million tons of yucky waste! Sure makes big business happy , but their "fact" is a bald faced lie. Disposable diapers are NOT good for the environment.

Once again for the cheap seats: Look up something called "Life Cycle Analysis". While it is true that disposable diapers are not "GOOD" for the environment, neither are cloth diapers (it would be easy to scream "GREENPEACE ENVIROMENTALIST PROPAGANDA!! rotely repeated" here, but that would be neither true nor effective). Life Cycle Analysis figures in all forms of environmental impact from the very beginning of a product's life to the very end. What it usually finds is that all of these great debates over "duelling" products (disposable v. cloth diapers, plastic v. paper bags, plastic v. glass bottles, etc.) is that they usually are a wash when it comes to the health of the environment.

In the case of cloth v. disposable: Disposable diapers have a greater landfill impact, yet cloth have a greater water pollution impact. Disposables have a lesser manufacture impact, cloth has an enormous manufacture impact. The sad fact is that cotton is an enormous water hog during its growth, and is an extremely delicate plant requiring (at least in modern factory-farming methodology) huge amounts of pesticides and fungicides (many of which have a petroleum base); which adds to its water-polluting properties.

Overall, environmental impact of both is the same, just in different ways (solid pollution v. liquid pollution). It remains a personal choice, but for either to claim environmental victory over the other is disingenuous. In the case of diapers for babies, it is a sad fact that if one is truly concerned for the environment, one should make the choice to not have children in the first place! Nothing is more harmful to this planet from beginning to end of its life cycle than a human being.

The best way for cloth diapers to have less environmental impact is if they are either grown organically (better, but still requiring large amounts of fresh water) or made of hemp -- a much better plant in terms of hardiness, chemical independence, and water use -- instead of cotton.

--Floaty

I have this thought on the subject, especially with plastic backed disposable diapers. They sit in the landfills and the plastic will not decompose and will sit there for thousands of years. With cloth diapers, yes, you do have to wash them and that takes water which is a renuable source. Dirty water from either a washing machine, sink or toilet will either go to a septic system where it will slowly filter down through all the layers of earth to the water table. On it's journey, all the bad things are filtered out until only fresh water is left. If you have public water and sewage, the waste water is pumped to a treatment facility where it is filtered and processed back into clean water and released back to the lake or resivoir. That means the dirty water from laundry, toilets, washing hands in the sink or just taking a shower is being recycled over and over no matter how you look at it. Sure, there is the energy used to pump the water into your house and the soap used, but all in all, I believe washing cloth diapers is better over all than filling landfills with disposables. That said, I am a disposable diaper person myself and very rairly wear a cloth diaper. My personal preferrences for disposable diapers don't mean they are better over all for the environment.

• 4 weeks later...

I might be alone in this but I like both. I like cloth in particular because it allows me to easily wear something without feeling like I have to use it or it's a waste. I've come to like peeing more but still just like the act of wearing a diaper more than anything and cloth allows a lot more freedom in that respect.

I have been looking at a diaper thats available from 'rearz' of Canada and also from changing times. It's the 4x10x4 'twill' diaper. I'm intrigued by the comments that people have left, so I ordered one off ebay, and it should be here soon.

Like you I wear the 4-ply flat diapers from ACD. I've seen the "twill" diaper and have thought about it. Please make sure you review it for us...

Thanks,

CDL

Well for people like me I would love to try cloth, but many of us have to hide them. Unless you live alone it is really hard to wash them without others knowing. Specially since you really need to wash them within a day or two and of course you need some kind of diaper genie or such to hold them and keep the smell down.

Once I graduate and get a job that allows me to have my own place I am so going on a diaper binge.

I like the fact that cloth is not wasteful, but getting the desired thickness is tricky. For me, wearing diapers is all about waddling!

I order diaper flannel by the yard and cut it to size (27" X 37") and sew up the front and back edges so they won't ravel. Then I make plastic pants out of polyurethane laminate fabric. It feels just like the cloth diapers I grew up with. If you don't flood them all at once, it works great. I don't use soaker panels or double diapers, but that would work even better, I'm sure.

I've had cloth diapers for awhile. A couple velcro fitted from tri-county cloth and a pull-on from fetware. tri-county cloth is now defunct and I think I caught them/her on the tail end of that as the service was terrible. Products are great though. I also have a few different boosters. I have worn them a bunch but never used them. I'm wearing one of the fitted ones right now with three boosters and fetware pants. Going to be my first time actually using 'em. Before anyone says anything, I have washed them a few times already. I know they need a few washes to become their most absorbent. The washing also fluffs them up a bit.

Looking forward to the new experience. No idea what the relative absorption is in thickness compared to disposables.