LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Is A Site For Acceptance So Judging

lilkitten13

Ok sorry this is a bit of a rant. Ok well I just don't get why DD a site which is for people of this community to come talk about there interest in diapers (or in age play or babying of some kind) is so judgemental. I understand some creepy perverted people on line but that doesn't mean you can just jump to the conclusion that everyone is. I also find there is quite a but of rudeness here. If someone dose anything they don't like in the slightest they have to comment why not just carry on and not look at it or give some creative critisisum or if it's a bit problem tell the folk in charge it's not your place to be so judgemental. Everyone has their thoughts but some folk should keep it to themselves some times.This is going to be trolled so much. :/

I think some people say rude things to see if you react, I think people on the net try to be something they are not just to be different than they normally are.

I do think kindness is a lost art among internet users these days, people want to take there daily troubles out on others, that is very sad.

A little kindness and compassion go a long way, do no harm.

If someone dose anything they don't like in the slightest they have to comment why not just carry on and not look at it or give some creative critisisum or if it's a bit problem tell the folk in charge it's not your place to be so judgmental.

Your best bet is to take your own advice.

Not everyone in this world is nice, and if you feel like putting yourself out there in this world, your going to be judged by all who come across you.

Some will judge you negatively, some positively. It's your choice who you listen to.

Now toughen up and quit yer bitchin.

• Like 1

One thing that is always missing in a forum posting is voice inflection. Sometimes the whole meaning of a posting can change just because the reader does not read it the way the writer intended it to be read... (Ok, Duh What??)

For example, read this line: "I did not beat my dog."

This can mean many different things, depending where the emphasis is placed...

1. I did not beat my dog (My neighbor did!)

2. I did not beat my dog (I did not!)

3. I did not beat my dog (no, I shot him..)

4. I did not beat my dog (I beat the neighbor's dog..)

5. I did not beat my dog ( I beat my cat.)

You can see how the whole meaning can change if you don't know WHAT the writer was trying to emphasize.

Now of course, many times rudeness is pretty clear, other times the writer may just be trying to be sarcastic or funny. ( Guilty!)

Just my two cents worth.... (Hmmm.... what did I mean by that?!?!?!) :whistling:

Don't you think you're being a little judgmental to say that others here are so judgmental? Oh no!!! I was just judgmental!

Seriously, I agree with beallucanb. People feel safe being rude on the internet. And other people just are the kind of people who make rude comments; some may not even think they are being rude. Others...well...

I'm thinking BBB might not have been serious with his last line...which shows how comments can be confusing at best.

And I think diapertime42 really wants one cent change...

I personally am at crossroads on who is what. I mean we have young kids that try and log on here, then we have adults that are just plain stupid, then we have people that are just having a bad day and have been members for years. and so on. Trying to be fair and figure it all out is a bit trying but as Daily said we are and will weed out the pond. Also it helps if you site a "for instance" for the ones we may not have caught. We'll leave the light on for ya!

I've read posts like this before where someone complains about how rude people are or how bad it is on this site. The problem with that is that for every post where someone is rude or says something not constructive there is no way to count the countless times someone was upset or had a bad day and held their tongue. I just looked at the overall post count and it's at 409,221 and counting. The quantity of bad behavior posts is really pretty small compared to the total.

Have you stopped to consider that there are probably as many posters that are overly sensitive as there are posters that are insensitive? That's a tough job the mods have because sometimes an overly sensitive person will point out someone who posted that happens to be just the opposite. If you're overly sensitive and you complain because someone's comment hurt you that may be completely truthful but at the same time the person that offended you may be not attacking you on a personal basis but they are just seeing it and responding as they see it. Who's right? Maybe both are right.

This is a big site and there are lots of different personalities here from saints to sinners, mean girls to sweet guys, geniuses and idiots. Just don't take it too personal unless it's a direct attack on you in which case it's pretty easy for the mods to see and take action. This is really a big schoolyard and are all just kids at heart.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

Lol yeah I have kinda contradicted myself by judging them haven't I. I guess I did kinda word this wrong I don't care if people judge it's just when their rude about it. Personally I don't mind much when people are rude to me but I have told people about this site in the past and because of rude comments they left the site. I speak my mind as well but I try to be nice about it. I know I probably just sound winy sorry.

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

The issue is there are a lot of people with defective social skills here who rather than posting a polite opinion on the subject feel it's necessary to double barrel rant and flame at people who they determine as God's gift to the AB community are doing the wrong thing.

It becomes tedious and stifling to the group when these people come out like a broken record on any post.

As Heidi Lynn once said: "You're a closed-minded poopy head."

• Like 2

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

*puts a gold star on willnotwill's chest for the Goldmember reference*

As Heidi Lynn once said: "You're a closed-minded poopy head."

Amen to that Heidi Lynn

huh? what? me?? noooo....

There's the smartest person in the room on this subject.

I certainly hope I have not persuaded the op to create this post. I realize the political threads can get quite ruthless, but it goes with the territory. It is important to keep in mind that stuff should stay in that thread and not leave it. I think we have been pretty good at that and hopefully no one has been holding any grudges.

That said, here is a specific incident that I think the OP is referring too. It is so nice to see who likes which posts now, because before all you saw was a +1. It makes things much clearer. Even then, I do not care that much about what was said, but that is probably some of the worst I have seen here.

Like a schoolyard? Yeah- that's pretty close :mellow: Some here feel childish and act it- even though we all know we're adults :rolleyes: Some people think their opinion is fact and always right :bash: And some simply have a bad case of Cerebro-Fecalitis, for which there is no which is cure :wacko: 3 minutes to complete this post, how nice.

That said, here is a specific incident that I think the OP is referring too. It is so nice to see who likes which posts now, because before all you saw was a +1. It makes things much clearer. Even then, I do not care that much about what was said, but that is probably some of the worst I have seen here.

hmmm... might not be that post, but still it might qualify! Without taking any side, it wasn't so much what was said, but how it was said. Gosh, a little poison goes a long way! :whistling:

Ok sorry this is a bit of a rant. Ok well I just don't get why DD a site which is for people of this community to come talk about there interest in diapers (or in age play or babying of some kind) is so judgemental. I understand some creepy perverted people on line but that doesn't mean you can just jump to the conclusion that everyone is. I also find there is quite a but of rudeness here. If someone dose anything they don't like in the slightest they have to comment why not just carry on and not look at it or give some creative critisisum or if it's a bit problem tell the folk in charge it's not your place to be so judgemental. Everyone has their thoughts but some folk should keep it to themselves some times.This is going to be trolled so much. :/

Hate to say it but alot of community sites are like that. I'm on several and seen it on all of them. The state of them really can be blamed on the fact that the internet is an anonymous medium so it can bring out the worst in people. Things you wouldn't say in person are easy when you never have to see the person.

I support the fight for equal rights when it comes to gay marriage. Living in a world that is still lacking a lot in terms of wheelchair access, I know what it's like to be treated like a second class citizen. I know what it's like to live in a world that still doesn't fully accept, so I like to think I share a bond with those fighting for equal right in terms of marriage. Also, life is just way too short to prevent two people from doing something that not only means so much to them, but does not hurt anyone else in the process. Live and let live.

I must admit I didn't read all the posts on this thread. I do want to say that I don't come here very often because of the attitude of many that make comments. I have fairly thick skin, but when I come to a site for a little fun and enjoyment, I don't want to be made to feel like I'm an idiot and an asshole. I have all kinds of things to share, but I'm reluctant because of the response I get.

-DR