LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Can'T Believe It. I'M A Homeowner. :O

I closed on my house last Thursday! Very inexpensive (Vegas has one of the lowest/worst/highest foreclosure housing markets in the country right now, worse than detroit), and very minimal damage (It was a foreclosure/bank owned property). My mate and I are about 60 percent done with the repairs and are slowly moving in. Can't waaaaait to not be living in an apartment ever again. :D

Home ownership AKA "the great American Dream" is a very rewarding experiance. If you don't have a loan, or a small one through HUD or something, then pay the sucker off as fast as possible. That way no one can take it away from you ;) The only other thing you have to worry about is property taxes, and general repairs and maintenance. IF you are handy with tools, you can do a lot of that yourself.

I have a condo, which isn't much really, but it's still mine and I keep paying for it. As long as I keep up the payments, I won't loose it :P I L*O*V*E having MY own place...it's mine, and no one elase can tell me what to do or raise hell if they don't like the way I live.

I have the keys, I make the rules and everyone else can go pound SAND!

Good luck, it can be a lot of work, but as I said, it's yours...and no one else's..

ENJOY! :D

*nods* It's a Homepath loan (low rates, very inexpensive). It actually costs about 400 dollars less than renting an apartment in the same area. My mate and I assured that the costs were so low that should either of us lose our job for any reason, the other would be able to pay the entirety of the monthly mortgage and all of our bills. :)

Most of the hard work is already done. We need to have about 500 dollars more work done on the house then it'll be all of the fun stuff (decorating, painting, etc)

• Like 1

Hey! Congratz! I love owning a home and really wouldn't have it any other way. Sure it can be work sometimes but its very satisfying to me to come home to my own place everyday.

Having good neighbours helps too. However we are now looking for a newer place on some property. Not much...just a couple of acres or so....

Glad you got a foreclosure property. That way you won't be upside down when prices start falling again. We want to look for a home here in SLC, but prices are going to have to drop again before we'll even consider it. They still want waaaay too much for housing here.

Yup. Not only a foreclosure but a 50,000 shortsell (!!) from the foreclosed price. The house is currently valued at a few dozen thousand higher than we just paid for it and will go up even more after our repairs are totally done :)

Congratulations on your home, I bought my place before all went wrong with the market, I paid a fair price for a very nice home in a quiet area.

I was lucky enough to be able to pay for my place so I don't have a mortgage, all I do pay are utilities and taxes.

My family (wife & twin girls 18 months) just bought a new-to-us house. Sold our old one and made a tidy profit to allow us to move to a bigger house. Still a little worried. Housing prices never stopped going up around here even after the recession began but that can't last forever. Fortunately we have no plan to move out. This house is a keeper.

Congrats on the home ownership. I still remember the day I closed on my house and the thrill that I could go back to the apartment where I lived, scoop up the kids, and drive them to their new home and show them how they each have their own room now and wont be sharing rooms anymore.

The part I like best about owning the house, is the fact that if you need more room, and have the room to spare, you can always add on and make more room.

Over the years I have owned my house, I went from owning just 5 acres and bought up surrounding properties as they hit the market in order to preserve the "country" feel of my house

*nods* It's a Homepath loan (low rates, very inexpensive). It actually costs about 400 dollars less than renting an apartment in the same area. My mate and I assured that the costs were so low that should either of us lose our job for any reason, the other would be able to pay the entirety of the monthly mortgage and all of our bills. :)

Most of the hard work is already done. We need to have about 500 dollars more work done on the house then it'll be all of the fun stuff (decorating, painting, etc)

I know it's a bit late, but congratulations! That's very responsible to go about things the way you and your partner are. Have fun with the decorating and painting!

COOL! House party at Leilin's when Tammi and Bri and I are up that way in September ;)

If thats happens....I haven't heard anything since Tami broached the subject way back in April..or when ever...

But cool just the same..

and kidding about the party ;) we'll have hotel rooms (hopefully) by then anyways.

Congrats!