LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another Reason....

i get up early or go in the last half hour and watch the people make it fast because they want to go home the get people out of there fast that is what i do up here in ct it works for me get there when they open in the am or late pm and cut your wait time down

It used to take a half day plus to do anything DMV related here :bash:and the employees moved like snails :angry: It used to be a race among then to see who could handle the least number of customers that day. Finally a recent Governor forced the agency to get with the program. A few supervisory positions who resisted found themselves having their performance records reviewed and they suddenly decided to push for the change too :lol: Now it takes 5 to 30 minutes for anything at the DMV except at the end of the month when tags expire and the lines are longer, but you can't spend half a day there anymore no matter how you try ;) And wonder of wonders, the DMV employees here now actually work to serve the public who pays their salaries instead of looking down their noses at us as if we were disturbing them :roflmao: Thanks Gov- for once the people WIN :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Wow, that sounds like a frustrating system. Buy a car here and you take it to any insurance agent, they'll file the transfer papers, registration and give you plates, tags and insurance. The process takes like 5 minutes, and if there's more than 2 people in front of you go down the road to the next insurance agent.

Used to be fast here but do to the county being bankrupt they closed most of the locations, so everyone has to go to 1 of 2 locations. Went early in the morning. Line was out the door by the time I left.

Two and a half hours in line at the DMV to get plates for the new car. Good thing I was diapered!

Should of taken some extras and offered them for sale.

• Like 1

I only go to the DMV if I ABSOLUTELY have to :P I do the majority of my automotive registration stuff through AAA, and maybe it takes about 1/2 hour. It's more comfy, and pleasant, the people are NICE, and it's just a lot easier. I pay a membership fee annually, for services, but it's really worth it, compared with having to deal with the putzes at the DMV. :P

Might be worth considering.

OH! and you do know they DO have public restrooms in the DMV building.....just thought I would pass that along, they aren't THAT backwards!

In Indiana the BMV or DMV is controlled by the political party in power.

Right now it's the Republicans.

That means employees get minimum wage w/o benefits.

Customers get grouchy clerks making up the rules as they go along.

And no public bathrooms!

Guess our state cannot afford the water.

Glad some things can be done online now.

Wow, that sounds like a frustrating system. Buy a car here and you take it to any insurance agent, they'll file the transfer papers, registration and give you plates, tags and insurance. The process takes like 5 minutes, and if there's more than 2 people in front of you go down the road to the next insurance agent.

Ummm.... your experiences with ICBC are different than many others then. ;-)

Further, insurance premiums in BC are far higher than most other places in Canada and the world. :-( It's a common complaint of most new arrivals to BC.

--Lex

Ummm.... your experiences with ICBC are different than many others then. ;-)

Further, insurance premiums in BC are far higher than most other places in Canada and the world. :-( It's a common complaint of most new arrivals to BC.

--Lex

I agree with the premiums, it annoys me a lot.... but, it certainly doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes to register and insure a vehicle. Plus you get everything taken care of in one place, you pick up your plates, tags and insurance in one place. No going to a government office to get plates and tags then going to an insurance agent to get the insurance.

I pay $160/mo to insure my 2 vehicles, I have the highest possible discount 42%, but the thing that constantly bugs me is that one of the vehicles only gets driven in the summer for a couple of weeks, yet I pay insurance rates for it as if I'm driving it all year. Part of that is due to the fact that my vehicle has to be insured to be parked where I live though.

Other than higher than average rates, I've never had a problem with ICBC. I totalled a car when I was 19, it was my fault and the car was only a year old. They paid me $300 less than what I purchased the car for a year previous. I paid higher premiums for a few years, but I deserved to do so for causing the accident.

*huggles*

Michelle

I can feel some of the pains above.

Here in Michigan, it is the "Secretary of State" office. They have closed many offices but enlarged, streamlined, & "super stored" the remaining ones. They have "take a number" so one can sit & relax until their number is called instead of standing in a long line. Most offices now have a "greeter" at the "number ticket" machine. S/he will check all ones paperwork to make sure everything is in order to transact business. Saves waiting only to get to the window & find something's missing.

Most wait times at the offices I & my family have used in the Metro Detroit area is between 10 & 20 minutes.

Our D/L's, non driver State ID's, license plates, and CPL's (Concealed Pistol License, but that's another story.) all expire on ones birthday.

Funny side note is that my brother's b'day is April 2nd and he was actually pulled over on the first one year to have his plate checked as he hadn't bought the current year's sticker yet. (Hey, I got one more day to comply. :lol:) (Here in MI, we have "permanent" plates w/a roughly 1" square colored stick on tab in one corner to validate for the current year.)

Fortunately, the State changed to b'day plate expirations sometime in the late '60's or early '70's. Prior to that, EVERYONE'S license plate expired on the last day of February. Obviously, that was in the days before computers & mail-in renewals. Can you imagine a building the size of your average convenience store, (7-11 etc,) jam packed w/people in line, going out the door, around the building, and halfway down the block in the middle of Winter? That was when they had to manually process everything and issue a complete new plate. Grrr.. :lol:

Speaking of lavatory facilities, the new ones now have them, but many of the old ones did not have public facilities. My brother had his 2-3 yr old son w/him and practically begged the staff for the kid to use their restroom. It was after closing hours, so if they left to find a restroom elsewhere in the mall, they would not have been able to get back in. Finally, my brother told them if they couldn't use the restroom, he would instruct the kid to pee on the floor in a corner. He did, actually into a floor vent. :lol: Stupid people that can't understand/accommodate a little kids need to go.

Oh yea, as someone said above, I don't have to worry about restroom facilities as I am wearing mine. :roflmao:

You know what really sucks... that damn number ticket thing, that sick feeling you get in your stomach when you pull your ticket, look at the number, then look at the wall number thing, then look at your ticket...Ugghhhh I hate that feeling. :whistling: I hate going to DMV or SS office. :rolleyes:

Me and a friend were at the Ohio BMV some years ago when, during the inevitable really long wait, I leaned over to him and asked if he knew where the restroom was, he replied that they didn't have one and said, "you are gonna have to use your backup".

This was the same friend, who when originally told about my incontinence simply replied "what a pisser."

Funny dude.