Too much?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Too Much
    • Not Enough
    • Just Right

whats with the "girls best friend" Is that some kind of explosive?? :o

I think we all need to party at your house! No fireworks allowed around here :(

GBF is supposed to have multiple colors. Mom picked those.

Grew up in a no fireworks state. One thing I like about the south, they love things that go boom!

That ain't nothing. I had a friend who came out from California and rented a car and drove around to see a bunch of friends on the east coast. He found one of those big Fireworks Stores and bought a ton of stuff (probably four times what you have there). He gets back to my house and then realizes they are NOT going to let him take that on the plane so it just gets left with us. We set some of it off, but it just sits in a big box in the basement...until....

One day I come home and find a police report on the kitchen counter. My son (probably about 12 at the time) was busted by the police setting some of the stuff off in the driveway. He showed the cop the rest of the stash. The cop took all the illegal stuff and left us the sparklers and snakes. Fortunately that was that. I suspect the police have a hell of a 4th of july party with all the stuff they confiscate.

Yes us in the south like things that go Boom. And you can never have enough Boom on the Forth of July ^_^

Dunno about that :huh: Someone I know very well decided the show off to the drunks in the local trailer park :o a quarter pound of blackpowder properly administered makes a LOT of boom- and it also makes three carloads of cops appear within 2 minutes and 45 seconds :lol:

Bettypooh

:lol: to several comments above.

I voted "not enough." As S_D said; "...whats with the "girls best friend" Is that some kind of explosive??" ??

Sorry, I've kinda been re-living my youth in my last few posts and this is another one. :lol:

Back in the mid '50's, my (Detroit,) YMCA had summer road trips. One was to Leamington Ontario to tour the Heinz plant. My mother & I had pre-arranged to make it a full day. (We have a cottage there so we met up with the group at Heinz. [it was our week there as we rotated every other week with us staying one week, and my grandma staying the other week, and everyone there on weekends]) After the morning tour, we went to the park for lunch & games. We then headed out to the dock to see the lake & the ferry loading as most of the group had never seen a big lake or ferry. Well, we only got as far as the base of the dock because everyone found out about, and started buying, fireworks that were unavailable in MI. The leaders couldn't stop them, so they said if the kids wanted to buy them, they had to allow the leaders to set them off. Worked out quite well.

Time came to board the bus for home. The second or third kid on the bus had suspiciously bulging pockets, the leaders stopped him and found a ton of fireworks which they confiscated. Everyone was then practically 'strip searched' and had all fireworks confiscated. Since we, my mom, brothers & me were "living" there, we got all the confiscated fireworks which amounted to three and a half big brown shopping bags worth. Had a fun summer setting them off every so often. :lol:

I don't buy fireworks anymore... The family's stopped having 4th of July get-togethers, so it's just me and the dogs. And the're not fond of fireworks. Plus, I need the money. And there're people out here who somehow get ahold of bigger ones than the town shoots off and fire them off for a few nights before and after the 4th, and keep some for birthdays and "we're bored, so we'll prevent the neighbors from sleeping" occasions. Purdy on a good night, but annoying as hell when yer tryin' t'sleep...

When I was a kid, Dad always went to the Reservation and bought the big mortar fireworks. He welded up a nice launcher and we had nearly pro-quality fireworks off our dock over the bay every 4th and New Years. Only had the Fire Dept come out once, and they just asked if we knew who was shooting off the fireworks. He said no. :P

Every year I'd go out on July 5th and find tons of spent fireworks on the beach, from firecracker wrappers to bottle rockets to ground flowers. Those were always my favorite. You know, if you do it right, they'll light up and spin under water!? My cousin got really good at that, and lighting firecrackers before dropping them into the water like little depth charges.

....You know, if you do it right, they'll light up and spin under water!? My cousin got really good at that, and lighting firecrackers before dropping them into the water like little depth charges.

Been there, done that. :lol: I got in minor trouble for setting off an M-80 in my school's ventilation system. Echoed throughout a third of the school. :lol:

i use to do fireworks shows. one year i had to buy 2700 dollars worth. worked it out with the company. phantom fireworks would call me and let me know what was new and that i would be the first to get the cataloge. i would call my order to cooperative office. and i just picked it up at the local store. i would tell them i am her to see the manger and they already knew who i was. i never had to wait in line. i just had to mark of my list as they took care of everything. that time i had to take 3 pickup trucks. and they said i should of placard the trucks.

Oy.

I really hate it when July 4th is on a Monday. Had to put up with fireworks until 1-2AM on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. One day is festive. The second day I don't mind. But 4 days is ridiculous, I would like to sleep sometime.

This.

I work in a violent city, and it was fun to listen to the cops respond to the "shots fired" complaints all weekend. Some of the ghetto kids were able to put on a pretty good show too. I had fun watching and listening to the police band. :)

Just to let anyone curious know, only two people actually got shot. All the rest were fireworks.

Locally, ever since 9/11 they don't have fireworks displays on the fourth like they used to anymore. You used to be able to to the beach and you could see 6-7 different shows going off at the same time. This year I only saw one, and that was shot over the water from a local trailer park. All in all, it takes the celebration out of the fourth all together for me. I think they were worried about some form of terrorist activity happening in the middle of the shows.

My x brother inlaw had fireworks one canada day .The problem was the tube he had to shoot them out of fell over and the fire works went crazy shooting at everone ! .I kinda thought it was hilarious (no body got hurt or even near it ) now when i think about years later i still laugh ! .Sorry i have a warped sense of humour lol

WAY too much, as that's literally TONS of money up in smoke/flames/sparks.

I haven't bought fireworks on the 5th of nov for the last few years as I'm bored of it now. And was a big waste of money if too much is spent on them.

The only DECENT fireworks are the proper display ones IMO.

Ridiculously huge rockets, mortar shells and extremelly large crate sized single ignition boxes are only worth it,IMO.

All 50m and 25m distance display type fireworks.

Any less than that like the 15m,10m or 5m give shit effects and are a waste of money.

^^^ For instance those size rockets I'm talking about are AMAZING!!!

.....I haven't bought fireworks on the 5th of nov for the last few years.....

^^^ For instance those size rockets I'm talking about are AMAZING!!!

You're in the UK. I'm old, half US & half Canadian. I've forgotten most of my history lessons. :lol: Please remind me what 5 Nov means to you. Thanks.

We have our Forth of July here in the states, and on my other half, have Canada Day, July 1st, at my second home.

We all have New Year's Eve, but for some reason instead of fireworks, idiots in Detroit like to shoot guns in the air. I have three bullet holes in the windshield of my parked/disabled "classic" car, the drivable one so far has missed the same fate, and one in the windshield of my daily driver, which means I can't drive it until I get a new windshield. :(:

Great shot of the "big" fireworks. How about some video of them in action? :lol:

My x brother inlaw had fireworks one canada day .The problem was the tube he had to shoot them out of fell over and the fire works went crazy shooting at everyone ! .I kinda thought it was hilarious (no body got hurt or even near it ) now when i think about it years later i still laugh ! .Sorry i have a warped sense of humour lol

Moms brother loved throwing firecrackers close to anyone & watch them jump.... My brother & I used a pipe & bottle rockets to pen him & our cousin in the outside corner of the house shooting at them..... For some "reason" they never shot at us anymore.... LOL.... I too laugh at that memory

I have three bullet holes in the windshield of my parked/disabled "classic" car, the drivable one so far has missed the same fate, and one in the windshield of my daily driver, which means I can't drive it until I get a new windshield. :(:

Holy Robocop Batman! That's a LOT of lead to fall out of the sky in such a small area. They've had a problem with that in many areas, I suppose one should be glad one didn't get hit bodily.

I was in Detroit and they shot off fireworks after the Tigers play at home. That was noisy enough but on June 27th, the city had it's big fireworks display along the river. This was so as not compete with the displays the 'burbs put on and get burbanites downtown. That was quite long. I had no interest because I can see fireworks over Cinderella's castle at Disney any night and, of course, them good 'ole boys set them off next door and down the street. The only folks that like their fireworks more than Southerners are the local boys in Hawaii. You no can get sleep on New Year's Eve! What, you may ask, about the 4th of July? Not a big event in Hawaii and not nearly as important as New Year's.

If anyone needs some, the big tent just down the street is having a sale on them now!