LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleeping With A Diaper

Guest chhockle

I had no problem. In fact it was quite the opposite I slept much better once I started sleeping in a diaper. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting a good night sleep though. :(

When I first got back into diapers I too had a hard time sleeping in a diaper. Always got to excited. As time went on the excitement died down. Now its the opposite. I find I sleep so much better in a diaper. I now wear one everynight.

i used to have an issue with it as well. i slept fine, but i didnt wake up as well. the padding made my back hurt a little bit. but once you get used to it it was the best sleep i ever had.

I find that if my diaper is too lose it becomes uncomfortable. Plus it helps to wear some support with it, like a pair of footie pj's or a onesie (even if you aren't an AB) I'm just a DL and I like to wear a onesie because it holds my diaper nice and firm all through the night even when it's rather soggy.

I found it tough going for the first 6 months or so.. tried to wear every night but just couldn't take the lack of sleep. Even when I did manage to get a few hours I woke up with aching back, hips, legs, groin; you name it, it ached :crybaby:

Made worse by my being a nappy newbie back then and leaking most times.

So I started off wearing a single nappy once a week and progressed from there. Been able to happily sleep with a comfortable amount of bulk for several years now.

Only thing that causes mild aching nowadays is my home-made leg-spreader - it needs tweaking a bit but I'm sure a few months' time it'll be fine

I can't stand sleeping in really thick nappies like Abena x plus. As I can't close my legs properly and feels damn uncomfortable like that.

But Tena slip maxi especially or Attends slip 10 super plus regular I can now sleep fine in. If I'm going to sleep in a very wet diaper for like 12 hours or so. I make sure I clean myself beforehand with wash mousse and put on a really good barrier cream applied thickly.

If you are a side sleeper and are having troubles with the bulk between put a pillow between your knees so it relieves the pressure of your thighs on the thick padding.

Sorry can't help you otherwise as even with one that was sometimes not all the comfortable falling asleep still didn't cause me to not sleep. Of course most nights I "relieve" myself and am off to dream land very shortly after that.

So do you still have troubles sleeping after "relieving" yourself?

For me it's not the bulk or anything. I don't wear diapers on a daily basis or even a weekly basis anymore, so for me it's the excitement of wearing one that makes it hard to fall asleep. When I wear to bed, I get very little sleep. For a while years ago I was wearing diapers almost every day and got so used to being in them that I was able to fall asleep in them, but still didn't sleep as well as I did when I didn't wear them to bed. I guess to me wearing diapers is kind of a treat, a special thing I enjoy and in looking forwards to wearing them, I'm too keyed up to sleep in them very well. Besides, I've discovered that when wearing diapers I don't want to sleep through the experience but be awake to enjoy every minute of it.

I found it tough going for the first 6 months or so.. tried to wear every night but just couldn't take the lack of sleep. Even when I did manage to get a few hours I woke up with aching back, hips, legs, groin; you name it, it ached :crybaby:

Made worse by my being a nappy newbie back then and leaking most times.

So I started off wearing a single nappy once a week and progressed from there. Been able to happily sleep with a comfortable amount of bulk for several years now.

Only thing that causes mild aching nowadays is my home-made leg-spreader - it needs tweaking a bit but I'm sure a few months' time it'll be fine

What's a leg spreader?

What's a leg spreader?

It's a divice used to keep your legs spread apart. Usually it is used for bondage as it locks your legs in a spread out position keeping the rest of you exposed.

On another note for a week or so in the beginning I would kick them off every night and wake up without, but they'll stay on now.

No problem sleeping with diapers here at all. In fact I don't sleep good at all if I am not wearing diapers. Always have that feeling about having an accident.

Do many people have trouble with they first start to wear a diaper at night have trouble getting a good night sleep?

I have difficulty if I am wearing a bulky diaper or thick training pants. Most disposables are a no-go too. For some reason, I have no problem with pullups or just thin training pants or terry lined plastic pants.

I always wanted to get used to thick disposables at night, but haven't had any luck so far.

I'll add my self to the "I sleep better" crowd. Except if it is a disposable. There's no point in sleeping in disposables, for me. If I wet, it leaks, no exceptions (at least lying down) and if I don't, it is too odd a feeling to sleep properly. I love cloth at night tho.

For me it's not the bulk or anything. I don't wear diapers on a daily basis or even a weekly basis anymore, so for me it's the excitement of wearing one that makes it hard to fall asleep. When I wear to bed, I get very little sleep. For a while years ago I was wearing diapers almost every day and got so used to being in them that I was able to fall asleep in them, but still didn't sleep as well as I did when I didn't wear them to bed. I guess to me wearing diapers is kind of a treat, a special thing I enjoy and in looking forwards to wearing them, I'm too keyed up to sleep in them very well. Besides, I've discovered that when wearing diapers I don't want to sleep through the experience but be awake to enjoy every minute of it.

The excitement of wearing a diaper to bed can be easily sorted out. I go to bed very tired to make sure I can fall asleep, and if the nappy turns me on I get off in it :blush::wub: and then can fall asleep.

Had to re-read the whole thread to make sure I hadn't posted before. :lol:

I wear/wore to bed all the time. I have always had problems falling back to sleep after getting up to use the bathroom, no matter if I worked nights or was on a regular "day shift." It was a pain to try to get back to sleep. I solved that problem using one or two Serenity, now Tena (super,) pads on a Pampere 6 base under a Depends pullup. I would wake, use them, and go right back to sleep. I rarely soaked through to the pullups, but I had a complete set of the above ready to jump into & head for work. (Usually, all I had to do was change Pampers & pads. Sometimes, if I was out at meetings in the evening, I had to use my diaper on the way into [my midnight shift,] work then change while at work.) Many of you probably know how it is to sleep to the last minute. :lol: Get up, grab a quick bite to eat, no matter what shift, then dress & head off to work.

Edit; I noticed this is my 100th post since joining/re-joining. (As I've said before, I've been lurking for years. I was an early member under an "alphabet soup" acronym & password, both long forgotten after many computer upgrades.)

I hope I've fulfilled my wish to be a productive member of this forum. It is amazing to be able to talk to like minded friends when for 40+ years, I have had to keep things "secret!"

• Like 1