LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Potty Training Connection To Abdl

I wonder how many ABDLs were how difficulties during their potty training stage like me. Apparently, I was very difficult to potty train as a child and ended up wearing diapers relatively late into childhood as a result of my resistance to the potty. According to my mom, she tried to potty training me multiple times, but I would always have accidents that resorted to her giving up and keeping me in diapers. I stayed in diapers until I was 6 years old. I remember during this time I had a mixed emotions to wearing diapers, but eventually grew attached to them and started having feelings toward waiting to stay in diapers. I attribute this to my ABDL feelings today and would like to know if other ABDLs experienced anything similar with potty training.

I wonder how many ABDLs were how difficulties during their potty training stage like me. Apparently, I was very difficult to potty train as a child and ended up wearing diapers relatively late into childhood as a result of my resistance to the potty. According to my mom, she tried to potty training me multiple times, but I would always have accidents that resorted to her giving up and keeping me in diapers. I stayed in diapers until I was 6 years old. I remember during this time I had a mixed emotions to wearing diapers, but eventually grew attached to them and started having feelings toward waiting to stay in diapers. I attribute this to my ABDL feelings today and would like to know if other ABDLs experienced anything similar with potty training.

As per my length blog entry, I think potty training issues had everything to do with me being into diapers as an adult.

I think the issue was not that I had problems more than an average kid, but when my mother was trying to potty train me, her rather explosive temper combined with the stress of a new kid (my brother being born) made the whole process extremely trying for me. I never knew if an accident (of mine) would cause her to fly off the handle.

So for me diapers were a safe place - where I never had to worry about not being potty training and where an accident didn't mean the risk of my mother losing it.

It's only a theory, since my memory from that age is spotty - but one of the few I have is being absolutely terrifying about partially pooping my pants.

Also, my mother was not a bad person - she loved us very much, and sought treatment for her temper, and stuck with it for many years, and saw marked improvement. But when we were very young she was only beginning to calm down.

Potty trained at the later end of 'normal' age 3, boys are usually more difficult to potty train than girls too.

Where do people keep getting 3 as the "normal" age for potty training? Around here, that's reduced to age 2, and perty much always has been 2... And like most people around here, I was potty trained close to my 2nd birthday. It is possible that not having memories of what it was like to be diapered is what really caused my curiosity about diapers.

all my child development classes state most parents begin the potty training adventure around the child's second birthday, but most children are not completely potty trained during the day until after their third birthday.... and boys often are later to train than girls...

i know when i went to pre school at three, most of the kids were out of diapers, but we all had an extra set of clothes because accidents happened often... heck even in kindergarten we all had an extra set of clothing in our cubbies....

i had a brother two years older than me, so before i was two, i followed his example and started using the potty, since i did everything he did anyway..... i've also never wet the bed... well as a child i never wet the bed, as an adult i've done it 2-3 times and each time, extreme exhaustion coupled w/ sleeping medication and/or alocohol played a role, and each time was before i found this whole ab thing,,, and each time no one else ever knew because i woke up and changed my sheets and went back to sleep..... as i was late teens early 20's each time.

Where do people keep getting 3 as the "normal" age for potty training? Around here, that's reduced to age 2, and perty much always has been 2... And like most people around here, I was potty trained close to my 2nd birthday. It is possible that not having memories of what it was like to be diapered is what really caused my curiosity about diapers.

I've read plenty of stories that it's getting later, partly due to the increased convenience of disposables, and parents who "don't have time" for it!

I'm sure I was also an early one, and always wondered what it would be like to wear nappies again until I got the opportunity!

I was a late trainer as my mom was laid back and in many ways pretty hands off with it. I finally mastered it at the age of 4 and wet the bed until I was 5. I have a pretty good memory so I remember wearing diapers and being changed multiple times going back to age 2 and eventually being toilet trained. I remember when I was 5 and I only needed them at night I was in charge of my own pullups since I was considered big enough to be but sometimes I would put them on earlier than I needed or wore them later in the morning than I needed to and I would use them at times. I think back then diapers represented a security blanket or transitional object for me and when they were taken away I didn't really have a say nor could I articulate my feelings so I tried to repress the feeling of being hurt from that since most parents wouldn't understand diapers as being a security blanket. I see this whole side of me simply as a reflection of a suppressed unresolved conflict that I do not truly even understand.

I see this whole side of me simply as a reflection of a suppressed unresolved conflict that I do not truly even understand.

gotta second that!

happiness is wearing cotton diapers

I was definitely on the late side. At some point after I was three, and I believe I wasn't totally trained until I was four. I think my late training had an impact in my desires for diapers later in life.

I see this whole side of me simply as a reflection of a suppressed unresolved conflict that I do not truly even understand.

Me too - but the question is how do I resolve this conflict.

Wanting diapers isn't a problem, but the conflict itself is. As I explored in my blog entry... diapers are to some extent a symbol... Especially the way I use/wear them.

Ahh, it's so complicated.

I'm told that I was extremely easy to potty train, even at night. (Now once the bedwetting started back, that's another story entirely-and an extremely large reason I'm a dl)

Guest diaperboykcmo

Crappy mom and dad. My mom told me I was in diapers till, I was 6. My uncle who was like my dad, more so then my own dad. He said he remembered seeing me as a kid, I'd have shit running out of my diapers. Hr felt bad for me. He's now in prison, but that's a whole different story!

Bad potty training was definitely what led me to being an ABDL. My mom continued to wipe me up until the age of 6. I was made fun of by my older sister. One night after I called to be wiped my mom came in and my dad was drunk and swore at me to wipe myself. Needless to say I was traumatized and no longer wanted to go to the potty. Had I been 2 or 3 I probably would have regressed. Since I was 6 I was old enough to know better so I held my desire to wear diapers all inside. I think of it like I was never fully potty trained and I still need to wear diapers. Over the years my fixation on diapers turned into a fetish which turned me into an adult baby. In the end I was at peace, but trauma in potty training can definitely cause unexpected results and turn people who have the tendency into an ABDL.

SDB

my potty training was around 2 but because of CP, i never fully stopped having issues. It worsened and well, wet pants or diapers, you guess which one i chose :P

I am glad to see I am not alone with my late potty training and diaper connection. I really think that being kept in diapers so late in childhood made a huge impact on me and that the needs for continually wearing diapers even today were imprinted from those childhood experiences. I remember liking the extra attention I got for wearing diapers and yearn for that today. What I find ironic is that I also yearn for the embarrassment I felt for being in diapers as an older child and like returning to that embarrassed little boy when I put on my diapers now.

I remember liking the extra attention I got for wearing diapers. What I find ironic is that I also yearn for the embarrassment I felt for being in diapers as an older child and like returning to that embarrassed little boy when I put on my diapers now.

I felt when I was wearing diapers when older (16+) I had to be seen in them. I feel that came from Mom babying me at 10 and taking me everywhere with my diapers & plastic pants uncovered.

As it seems with a variety of different ages and stories, the age of which you were potty trained in all likely had no effect on what you are today.

I don't think the logic holds. If most people are potty trained by 2 or 3, and we have a wide range here, then clearly the sample we have is not average - that would seem to indicate correlation, actually. If the 90% of the public is potty trained by 3, and 50% of us were, then...

I think so far we've seen a mixed bag. From my own experience - for a long time I thought potty training had nothing to do with it since I never had any problems as an older child, never wet the bed, etc. But after thinking about when I would be in the phase of potty training where accidents still happen and what else was going on in my life - my brother being born, my mom being exhausted and on a short fuse - I'm almost sure there is a relation.

This relation isn't so much about how long it took to potty train, but what else potty training meant.

i love how freudian this thread is.... it all goes back to being potty trained ....

i heart you h core freud

I am sure my childhood potty training struggles and having to diapers as an older child are not only a factor in me being an ABDL but have also shaped other parts of my personality ala freud.

i love how freudian this thread is.... it all goes back to being potty trained ....

i heart you h core freud

Yes it is very Freudian and I think Freud had some interesting ideas that kind of relates to this. I think Donald Winnicott also had some good ideas about the transitional object in regards to developing this fixation or fetish or whatever it is to others here.

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/psychoanalysis/concepts/transition_object.htm

It amazes me that things that happened so long ago as child - 30 plus years, have such a profound impact on my feelings today. I still remember many of my childhood experiences being in diapers and having such mixed emotions about it at the time. I can remember during the later stages of my diaper days, wanting so desperately to be out of them like all the other kids my age. Soon after I finally graduated to big boy pants, I found myself yearning to return to diapers and even had accidents that got me back in them on more than a few occasions. My mom didn't have a problem using diapers on me and it made such a huge impact. I sometimes wonder whether it would have been better to not have any of this happen and never have a desire for diapers - I can't change the past, however, and will just embrace who I am and what I like - wearing diapers!