LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are We A Welcoming Community?

I would say please just don't call it a YOUTH forum.... that just brings to mind people under age 18... and not teen baby, while young adult may work why not have a fun little contest to come up with something witty sorta like the poop forum has a different name..... somethat explains a bit what it is, but doesn't use the words youth or teen... one big thing is, DD is 18 and older, which while 18/19 are still teens, when i hear teen i think under 18, i think illegal, something i personally don't like being associated with a fetish site.... but then again its not my site... and I know DD will make the choice he feels is appropriate for HIS site..

How about The Not Ready For Prime Time Pampers (a Saturday Night Live reference that the old farts would know)

Ancient at 34! That must make me comatose then :D .

Personally speaking it's not everyone here that held me back from joining up but my own lack of self confidence. Admitting that I'm a dl is all still so new to me. If it wasn't for the people here being so honest and open then I would still be in the closet and fighting with myself all of the time instead of some of it.

As for a new sub-forum, yes it would be nice to have someone where people of that age could hang out and talk about stuff they're going through but us old folks may have already been there and may have valuable advice. If we see a nippers only forum we might stay away and therefore never share our knowledge. It honestly doesn't bother me if you did have another forum for the younger generation. I would say that they're the best ones to say whether there is a need or not. Do the younger ones feel as though they'd like a place of their own to discuss things without us olduns interferring? I do wonder if it would it create a "them and us" scenario though? I hope not and I hope you don't mind me putting that bit in, it's just a thought.

Maybe us old folks could have one too and we could talk about tartan slippers and knitting :thumbsup: . Only kidding, don't shoot me. ARGH! :giljotiini::P

I don't mind a section for the 18-22 crowd to hang, however we shouldn't create a forum every time somebody complains. Granted I am thrilled there is a poop forum as I'm not into it and thus stay out of it. Same with the Rainbow forum. I think the biggest issue with new members is that they come on here and think everyone is supposed to treat them like they're king or queen. The reality is, you are new, there are senior members and there are regulars. You're going to have to contribute to the site if you expect anyone to listen to you. That is what I did.

I have only been a member for a few days now and am finding the community really welcoming and great to chat with,

I am sure there are some people out there that may not be quite as nice as the people i have meet so far and in-fact when i was 16 i joined a forum lying about my age so i could join and the chats they were having were all sexual and that wasn't what i wanted to talk about, i wanted advice and support more than to know about all there desires.

I haven't seen this on this site but for a younger member who may be new to there diapered lifestyle it can be bit overwhelming even if the chat and members are all nice like here...

If people in their 40's are ancient, then I must surely be mummified at 61! (To put it in perspective, I remember the Eisenhower administration and remember where I was at the moment I learned of the assasination of John F. Kennedy.) Frankly, I enjoy reading the posts by the young adults (and not-so-young adults) that participate. If gives me valuable insight on what each generation is thinking. After all, we are all a product of our environment and the experiences we had growing up and growing old. It amazes me that as things have changed they often remain the same. I read with interest the challenges of this fetish with those dating and in their early married lives; and reflect on how it has impacted mine.

I would prefer that we don't compartmentalize the members too much. I fear that it would rob me of humorous moments and terrific insight I get from those 1/3 my age.

Rat.

I don't mind a section for the 18-22 crowd to hang, however we shouldn't create a forum every time somebody complains. Granted I am thrilled there is a poop forum as I'm not into it and thus stay out of it. Same with the Rainbow forum. I think the biggest issue with new members is that they come on here and think everyone is supposed to treat them like they're king or queen. The reality is, you are new, there are senior members and there are regulars. You're going to have to contribute to the site if you expect anyone to listen to you. That is what I did.

Just like Betty Pooh, you, Curiosity, are amazing of mind sometimes. For a youngun' or newbie, if they would show some patience, and peruse the forums and what "the regulars", as well as members - let's put it THIS way, older than THEMSELVES - have to say, it WOULD be a "welcoming" community as well as a welcome "find" for them to have this site available and to come to.

There are some fine fine well-adjusted members at this site. And, for the underlying theme, it's just diapers! LOL Welcoming or not, it's a matter of perception in that regard. Regardless, this site and "community" IS here. When I think back[here we go... :)] to what I had to work with - or NOT - when I began MY quest and journey to find that I was not alone - a community - and that I wasn't mentally ill with my "leanings", it was not easy. I wouldn't trade it, but the prospective members of today have it pretty easy and good. My two cents, now four cents, with inflation... LOL

according to social security 55 and older is considered advanced age.. 50 to 54.9 is considered approaching advanced age, and over 62 is approaching retirement age....

other than that you are all considered younger individuals! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

as for creating a forum every time someone complains.... how come we don't have a "The Awesomeness of Sarah_Ab" forum? i distinctly remmebering complaining this site was NOT welcoming to my awesomeness....

How about the all aleyxsis forum im older lol and i am a crossdresing ab/dl /sissy part girl part man and i am very opened minded about all facets on DD .Ok im not that full of myself but it doesn't hurt to try lol .PS and no offence to sarah ab i think she is the coolest ! :thumbsup:

according to social security 55 and older is considered advanced age.. 50 to 54.9 is considered approaching advanced age, and over 62 is approaching retirement age....

other than that you are all considered younger individuals! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

as for creating a forum every time someone complains.... how come we don't have a "The Awesomeness of Sarah_Ab" forum? i distinctly remmebering complaining this site was NOT welcoming to my awesomeness....

Wait, I thought the second someone turned 35 they automatically were classified as fat, bald & creepy

I fieel mostly out of place here and that it is age-weighted. My point of reference is DPF and it's membership codes

1 The oppressive pre=dominance of disposable diapers

2 the sub-forums

a. The "babyfur" things crreps me out and I have never seen that before about 2005

b. lumping together Little Girl and Sissy.. For me "Siss" is like "the N-word" or "fag"

c. No sub-forum for baby panties, these were an integral part of thing

d. Roleplay is definitely a youth movement

e. The whole "reputation" thing is for persons who need social reinforcement and must therefore be 20somethings who do not have it all together yet or similar

3 Look at the predominant age range of the participants if they even bother to list their ages

Anyone complaining that it is not "welcoming to the young" Gimme a bread!!! that is what it seems to be mostly about

no way how else are we going to catch the idiots dumb enough to actually post they are under 18??? sides you don't HAVE to put your age up there for all to see.... lots of people don't.

It's not hard to spot someone who hasn't/isn't ready to be graduated from highschool... Though they may be able to pretend for a while, they'll start slipping-up and will be caught.

no way how else are we going to catch the idiots dumb enough to actually post they are under 18??? sides you don't HAVE to put your age up there for all to see.... lots of people don't.

Um, a posted age or birthdate is a requirement here :mellow: DD posted something about that around a month ago I think, and many have received a PM from me about that :huh: The confusion arises because the IP software that makes those fields "optional" isn't user-changable, so you have to look in the site rules to know this. I get 'em as I find 'em- only a few dozen thousand more to go :roflmao:

It's not always possible to know when someone is underage, twice in the last year members that nobody suspected have announced their finally coming of age :angel_not: They didn't mention not feeling welcome :) Early teen years are awkward for all, late teens less so, but at 18 society expects you to be fitting in somewhere for the long run, and removes the previous restrictions so that you can do this. Of course not all of us find that place- sometimes we have to create it ourselves ^_^

I have a few younger friends- meaning people I like and trust- that are not yet 18. We get along fine though I do have to ask for explanations and definitions of things sometimes :angel_not: They like that at least I am trying to understand and see things the way they do even if I live my life differently. They all tell me that they don't get much of that from 'adults' and I remember my own experiences being the same :D I get to learn things that I'd otherwise not know about style, music, and people in today's world that might matter in the near future :thumbsup: I've watched a number of my young friends mature and helped them along as friends do. This is where most 'adults' lose it, forgetting what it was like for them back then and insisting on steering these people into being 'their' idea of an adult :( Yeah, I poke fun at some of their ways when I'm among the other 'adults' because our experience lets us know that those things are going to pass, but youthful input keeps my mind feeling young and I wouldn't want to live any other way.

So do we need a separate forum for these people? I think not. But I also think we could and should make a better effort to accept them, like not harshly pouncing in them from the get-go about things we aren't in touch with like they are :glare: It doesn't mean that we have to change what we think or feel, only that we not be hateful or harsh about the differences. Not bashing people should be part of our core personna; sadly it isn't always like that and we have our share of curmudgeons whose life seems to be one of seeking someone or something to bash :rant: We all have a list of people we'd not miss if they went away :P It behooves us to remember that we are on somebody's 'list' ourself :o Separation isn't the way- togetherness is :wub:

Bettypooh

I think it was just the person feeling out of place and not the community. All you have to do to be welcomed is post a topic in newbie nursery. lol and as far as age goes i've been comming to this site since like I was 15 and would just lie about my age, xD couldnt catch me slippin about my age.

Sarah_AB: Thanks for the laugh. I needed laugh this today! Your awesomeness is appreciated anyway.

You said: "how come we don't have a "The Awesomeness of Sarah_Ab" forum? i distinctly remmebering complaining this site was NOT welcoming to my awesomeness...."

You said: "how come we don't have a "The Awesomeness of Sarah_Ab" forum? i distinctly remmebering complaining this site was NOT welcoming to my awesomeness...."

she's not that awesome.

seriously.

• Like 1

Don't worry Sarah eventhough we don't have "an Official Forum" For "The Awesomeness of Sarah_Ab" You're Still Awesome the Same Anyways!:)

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

Are people being a little oversensitive? Maybe, maybe not. It does seem there is sensitivity - justified or not - anywhere you go - on and off this site. That comment is not aimed at anyone in particular. Really.

I DO think it is important to keep underage people away from here. I'm not sure that we would unduly influence anyone in a negative way. In fact, I think people here tend to be very helpful and supportive (minus a few...). Even so, the younger a person is, the more influence an older person can have on them. It is dangerous to do this in a forum that many in society think of as....well, they would describe it - and have - in pretty negative terms.

That being said, I don't often look at the age of anyone at least until I've read their post. I judge more on what they've posted than their age. I've seen some pretty awesome posts from people barely of legal age and some pretty ugly ones from older people.

Further, as an old man - among the oldest who've responded to this post - I find myself more out of it because of my age. If I was asked, I'd have honestly given the opinion that this site is skewed toward the young. That doesn't mean I want to see a 'seniors' forum. Sure there may be special problems for young people, but I don't mind seeing posts about that stuff. If I have something I think might add, I'll post. If it doesn't interest me or I have nothing to add, I simply move on.

Is it possible - as has already been suggested - that some of the people who don't feel comfortable here are just not comfortable with themselves - unsure of their status in terms of diapers and probably not confident with themselves. Some of that is true at any age. To attribute it to age isn't necessarily accurate.

I am 33, fwiw, but the person with whom I was engaging on this site, the one who felt he should leave because he felt out of place, is 19.

The reason I brought this up is because I was concerned that his thoughts might not be his alone, that they might be a shared collection of thought among the younger readers and participants of this site. While that may be partly the case, it certainly does not appear to be the whole story as evidenced by the discussion which has since occurred in this thread. I am comforted to know that as a community, we are generally very welcoming. Certainly, I felt welcomed when I joined this community.

I've worked very hard at coming to terms with who I am. It has taken me a very long time to be able to do so, and I have had a lot of help along the way, both from people online and from people in the real world.

It pains me to see other people suffering because they do not feel welcome. Perhaps that is why I began this thread. I was an outsider at one time. Frankly speaking, in many circles, I still am, but at least now I get to choose where I fit in, rather than keep trying to jam the square peg into that stupid round hole everybody else seems to fit into so neatly. For those who find themself stuck in a world that they really feel they truly do not belong, I hope that I, I hope that we all, can find a way to be accomodating.

Even HNGs need to be accomodated. Rather than flaming them, I'd like to think that ignoring them would be a better approach to teaching them how to behave. Most people do not like being left alone when they are seeking attention for their own self-gratification. Such people tend to thrive on the notoriety they receive, and if we were to leave them alone rather than flaming them, eventually, they would go away on their own.

I do not know if the person who originally sent me the PM may have had dealings with an HNG that set him off. All I know for sure is that he was no longer feeling comfortable among a group of people that he wanted to relate to. Beyond that, I can't speak to his motivations other than what I described in my original post on this thread.

• Like 1