LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are We A Welcoming Community?

I received a private message the other day from somebody who I had gotten to know a little on this web site. The person expressed two things to me in this message. The first was they felt that diapers and this site were consuming their life. This has been a frequent topic before around here, with the frequency of the binge and purge cycles being well documented. I don't wish to dwell on that specific topic because that isn't the topic I found most startling.

The second thing this person said to me was that they felt the board was "too much for adults". This person, being 19, felt very much out of place here.

I know that we try to be as welcoming a community as we can be, and I understand fully the legal reasons, even if I abhor the social reasons, for excluding people who are under 18 from taking part in this community or other communities like this one.

I also know that there are many younger readers and participants on this site, and I, for one, value their input here. So I guess my question is this: How can we make this community a place where the younger legal participants can feel okay participating here? I have to assume that the person I was conversing with is not the only person who feels that way.

I'm hoping that a discussion like this will allow the DD community to be an even stronger one than it already is. Thoughts, comments, and suggestions for how we can make this a more welcoming community are welcome.

• Like 2

Interesting Post, & I am glad that this has been brought up. To answer the question though, I would like to know what this person meant by "too much for adults". I remember when I first joined this site shortly before I turned 21. I did feel a little out of place at first, but I think that was because I was still accepting things. But as I started posting & talking to a few people in chat, I felt pretty Welcomed. There are times when Topics or the Conversation in Chat is something that I don't understand, so I remain quiet, this doesn't make me feel unwelcome, it just means that I can't contribute or relate to the topic at Hand. Hope this Helps,

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

I think it's more of an issue with the poster themselves than the site. It's not that the site doesn't make them feel uncomfortable, just that they feel uncomfortable on the site of their own accord. Of course, I can only really speak for myself here.

More 'younger' (i.e. 18 to, say, 30) active members may solve the 'problem' if you wish to call it that.

• Like 1

ForbiddenFruit, I am not sure "problem" is the word I would use either.

Tio answer Rockies question, I am not sure exactly what was meant by "too much for adults" either, but I felt it was reasonable to post and check out with teh community how we feel in any event.

Thanks for both of your inputs.

• Like 1

We are all adults here, Younger people can learn from older people, and their are many things older people can learn from younger people. I am 42 on paper but feel and act like I am in my 20's

I try to treat everyone here as an adult weather they are 18 or 60

We are all adults here, Younger people can learn from older people, and their are many things older people can learn from younger people. I am 42 on paper but feel and act like I am in my 20's

I try to treat everyone here as an adult weather they are 18 or 60

This is a great post, I on paper am 24, & I do try to learn from the older generation, because that generation has a lot of valuable information & advice that if only younger people would listen & pay attention, how different things could be. I'm actually opposite of you timmyc, I am 24 on Paper but I feel & Act like I'm 50.

Welcoming community, eh?

I tried to chat after a long time only checking in infrequently. Some paranoid kid, just barely over legal age(as I see he just had a birthday and what birthday it was) seemed to rule the chat room. And, it turned other people away from chatting with ME. However, I was looking for beyond "goo-goo, ga-ga" chat, something intelligent once in a while, and it chased me away. I simply was NOT going to put up with that. Everybody is pretty well safe hidden behind their computer monitors. And, sure, the hacker types COULD track members down by an IP address, and make life miserable, but the reality is that most of the membership is friendly, and pretty much in the same boat, NOT vindictive. Peeps are looking for acceptance, encouragement, and comraderie, hoping to discover they AREN'T crazy, abnormal and sociopaths.

Chat rooms talk about asking to PM before PMing. One other message ought to be for new members, regardless of the age, is LEARN the chat protocol, and get a sense of the rhythm of the room before just jumping in. That would make asking questions a lot easier and a welcome come more quickly.

Other than that, younger members and newbies need to have some adult intelligence and patience. Virtually everything they seek is right here! They just have to dial into it.

Oh, and lest we lose it all, membership HAS to be of legal age, and not infiltrated by a bunch of underage teens and children. We all have been connected, and I'd hate to see a "house of cards" come tumbling down because the Feds have descended upon the ownership and management, and has got an eye on everybody who has posted a profile. When it becomes obvious someone is underage, they NEED to be chased and banned, to protect those of us who ARE legal age, and have come here and connected with full consent. That, I prize - the site, and need to NOT be worried about potential repurcussions FOR being here and a member...

I'm 19 and I feel welcome... but I've been here for a while so I'm a bit more known. I don't know... I wouldn't say we are the most welcoming website in the world, but we do okay given our guidelines.

I'm not going to rant about this. I just think there's always room for improvement.

-Sophie

I have no problem when people who are 18 or older join the site, and chime in, for many its their first time 'meeting' others who are into diapers and such... however, even at 18, people know what is acceptable and what is not in an online community, and it is naive to assume this is truely their first time to a 'fetish' site. Not with the widespread accessibility of the internet.

I find it quite obnoxious when anyone, no matter the age, joins this site and immediately begins posting things which they KNOW to be utter nonesense, or when they come into the chat room spouting 'i want a baby mommy" "i just wet my diaper" when they can clearly see the current topic of conversation has NOTHING to do with that whatsoever.

It is absurd to believe they have never been in a chat room, have never been to a fetish website, have never been to some form of bulletin board community online before, so I do get quite annoyed at members claiming ignorance of the social ettiquette of a website bulletin board community.

Personally, short of creating a '18-22' forum or something of that sort, dn't see how more welcoming this site can be. 18 year olds are for hte most part still in HIGH SCHOOL. I am 10 years older than 18 year olders, far out of high school, with far more experiences for hte most part under my belt at times i find it hard to relate, more power to you if at 30 you can still relate to someone in high school, but I don't always want to just 'chit chat' about the teenage angst ridden years.... So perhaps i do not engage younger members in as indepth conversation as others members closer to my age or life experience. But alas the internet truely is a reflection of 'real' life.. i don't go seeking friendships with 18 year olds in real life, why would i do so in an online community.

That is not to say i do not enjoy chatting with some younger members here, and i find them to be great conversational companions, and that is not to say that there aren ot older members here who to me seem to act just like 18 year olds,.... But regardless of whether we want to admit it, while 18 is the legal age, 18 is still very young.

So yes welcome all members of any age over 18, but that does not mean we all have to be best friends with them, or encourage their high school games of pretend innocence.

sounds good to me! i said it cause it was the only thing i could think of that might make those who are younger feel more welcome! although i would perhaps moderate it more, because i can see it like the rainbow forum, where people go there and bash on gays, when they are chosing to go to a gay forum... seeing older members go there and bash on the younger ones... forgetting the forum is FOR younger members!.... but then again.... it always makes for some entertaining reading!!!.... i'm so bad aren't i? don't put me in time out please!!!!

forgetting the forum is FOR younger members!.... but then again.... it always makes for some entertaining reading!!!.... i'm so bad aren't i? don't put me in time out please!!!!

I Agree Sarah & no you're not bad at all, I don't think there's any need for you to go to a time out.

IMO, this community is a welcoming community for the people who fit into it. No community can ever be right for everybody so if this one isn't quite right for you, don't blame the website, go find the one that is...

People are different.

[edit] On read-back, that sounds kinda harsh, doesn't it. Wasn't meant to :)

Hmm, a young adult forum might not be a bad idea. They tend to still live at home and have issues/questions us ancient babies may not.

You've got some nerve young'un- ancient is much closer to my age :roflmao:

Not much I can add to this topic. A forum for young adults here might be a good idea- my main concern is that we already get a lot of 'wrong forum' posts from young and old :( and it would take more effort to keep 'oldsters' from taking over there. Just keeping non-Incon posts out of the Incontinence forum can be a daunting task at times :angry2:

Joining this site is sort of just another 'rite of passage into adulthood', much like voting, going to a bar, etc. B) Those places don't change to fit the new additions, the new additions learn to fit the existing group. Why should they expect us to be different? ;) It sounds odd saying "this is just a part of growing up" on a forum like this, but it is :P !!!! How we relate to each other is a generational thing- expectations, matters of respect, language use, and accepted definitions are different among different ages- and always has been :mellow: These things make for less than great interaction between ages unless everyone puts forth an effort to get along and understand each other. One example is that today's young see TXT shorthand U mite wanna use K, but us oldsters can get riled up over that :rant: Another thought is that places like ADISC cater to younger ABDL's, and they might feel more welcome there than here. There's no reason anyone can't be part of many ABDL sites and forums :D I'm not against making allowances for younger ones, just saying what's going through my mind since I recently found it once again :whistling:

I have to say that my own trying to keep up with and understand the younger people's lifestyle enhances my own life. We all have something good to offer each other :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Do you think it would help if our ages weren't posted with our profiles. Maybe then age may not be as much of an issue and more would feel welcome?

Excuse me. I'd just as soon know who I'm "up against" or, at least, what mental state I might be dealing with in making a reply. Just like each person has to find happiness from within, FIRST, feeling comfortable here takes getting a feel for the site, learning the protocol, recognizing and following the etiquette of the site, and assimilating in, rather than "barging in". I won't even go there as far as saying be responsible, not acting "infantile" versus "adult" at a "diaper site"...

NO MORE SUB-FORUMS!!!!

As compared to other sites, that's one thing I like about Daily D forums - the diversity and number of sub-forums. It may get like "splitting hairs" or threads keep repeating, but this site allows members to get very specific versus overly general, which may or may not be on thread or appropriate for a particular forum or sub-forum.

If a "youth" forum or sub-forum is set up, I'm not so sure about more moderation - let the kiddies fight it out and flame each other - maybe some header with that forum that if it gets too heated, a "complaint department" may be contacted. And, maybe such a forum/sub-forum will let the HNGs weed themselves out and send them away... The sad thing would/will be that those same HNGs, with their own little world/space to habitate will chase of any number of well-meaning, well-intentioned, naive females - AB, DL or Incon - right off of the site, maybe never to return to a safe, interesting, fun site to come to and be a part of...

Daily D does a great job, for the most part. I'm appreciative it's here and I can be comfortable here AND a part of it. Makes MY life a lot more fulfilling! As an older member, it's wonderful to see the wide range of ages in the membership, and the repartee within that membership. The longer a person is here, the better and the more they integrate. Sometimes a person just has to let the process work...

I would say please just don't call it a YOUTH forum.... that just brings to mind people under age 18... and not teen baby, while young adult may work why not have a fun little contest to come up with something witty sorta like the poop forum has a different name..... somethat explains a bit what it is, but doesn't use the words youth or teen... one big thing is, DD is 18 and older, which while 18/19 are still teens, when i hear teen i think under 18, i think illegal, something i personally don't like being associated with a fetish site.... but then again its not my site... and I know DD will make the choice he feels is appropriate for HIS site..