LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Do I Want To Wear Diapers?

Hi all, I've had profiles on a few AB/TB/DL sites in the past but I stumbled upon the daily diapers forums yesterday. I'm really intrigued by this board - everyone has such interesting things to say and everything seems quite civil for an AB/DL board! :P

After literally hours of browsing I began to ask myself a few questions...one question really got me thinking, and it's a question I've been struggling with since before I can remember. I'm sure it's a question EVERY AB/TB/DL has struggled with in the past, but the fact that I've seen so many posts on this site which imply a completely sound understanding of ones own diaper wearing motivations made me really try to figure it out.

Quite simply I'm asking "why do I want to wear diapers?"

Sure, I know this is an entirely personal question, but I figured that asking others to share what they believe might help point me in the right direction. On one hand I am sexually turned on by diapers, but on the other hand I want to just lounge around/hang out casually in a pair, as well as just...go to bed wearing one. I know I wouldn't wet it, but one day in the future I'd love to sleep in diapers every night.

I don't know if one desire is stronger than the other, and I've never had the chance to hang out casually in a diaper/go to bed wearing a diaper so for all I know I might give it a go one day and realize I couldn't care less about such activities...

So yes, sorry about the ramble. Hopefully others would be willing to share some thoughts?

(PS, I apologize if anyone thinks this topic would be best in another sub-forum - I'm still quite new, so please do move this if needed!

• Like 1

welcome to daily diapers first of all.

second of all, even though ive been a member for two years, know that even i have just started posting here today !

it helps alot to share things with people that think like you. i used to post on diaperbook.net .. however the people there have the wrong intentions.

to answer your question ... i have no clue :P ..i ask myself the same thing everyday ...

if i had to take a guess however, i would say that it is something you dont grow out of so to say. As long as diaper loving did not come about by trying on a diaper and enjoying the feeling AS AN ADULT, i believe everyone's interests came from their childhood. i feel like this is related to when your parents were potty training you and scaring you away from diapers. This may very well be the first responsibility a human has, not to go weewee in their pant but to hold it. Therefore in my opinion and i think it is true for my case, the interests we have in diapers are tied to the idea of feeling safe by being stress free about anything even going to the bathroom ...

just my two cents

• Like 1

I think the answer to your question of why you want to wear diapers is any young guy, or old guy for that matter, likes anything that makes there groin area feel good.

Diapers rub you in the right way, even me at an old age I like the feeling of a thick padding in my groin, I think diapers just keep enough pressure in that area to keep you coming back to them, and wetting them just makes them thicker.

I don't get a chance to wear diapers everyday, but at this time of the year on this continent, it's cold, so I wear multiple pairs of long johns to get that feeling.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to wear diapers, long undies,or anything you want to get that feeling, if you wet or not it's just a nice feeling.

• Like 2

I think the answer to your question of why you want to wear diapers is any young guy, or old guy for that matter, likes anything that makes there groin area feel good.

Diapers rub you in the right way, even me at an old age I like the feeling of a thick padding in my groin, I think diapers just keep enough pressure in that area to keep you coming back to them, and wetting them just makes them thicker.

I don't get a chance to wear diapers everyday, but at this time of the year on this continent, it's cold, so I wear multiple pairs of long johns to get that feeling.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to wear diapers, long undies,or anything you want to get that feeling, if you wet or not it's just a nice feeling.

i second that ;)

I was bullied in middle school and no one would do anything. It was horrible and I cried every day. Then one day a teacher brought in her baby and everyone, including the bullies, were nice to it. I want to be a baby because no one is ever mean to a baby.

• Like 1

I love ther question 'Why do I like to wear diapers?' It's just a beautiful question because there is no definitive answer. For me, I had a diaper fetish as early as age seven. As to why, more than likely an early sexual misassociation as a small child. As for the infantilism, well there are many theories as to why I am that way; it could be me trying to capture the innocence of before my childhood went wrong, could be because of the abuse itself or it could be from an underlying, undiagnosed psychological disorder. It could also very well be simply that I enjoy it and it makes me happy. There are really no definitive answers that anyone can give you. you're going to have to find your own answer my friend.

:glare: Let's see!!! For me it started as a sexual thing after reading a story in Penthouse at 14yrs old.:blush: Then after awhile I remembered Mom babying me for a weekend at 10yrs old; for punishment for dirty pants from school. So I wore sometimes to relive that.:smiley-baby-boy: Then later I wore to get away from the stress of life as a teen & adult. At times I just like the feel of being diapered or not having to run find a bathroom when busy with what I'm doing. So for me "WHY" I do depends on how I feel or what I'm going thru at the time.:thumbsup: My feeling on it "If it helps me deal with life; then YAY!!! for diapers.

Civility may be more enforced here than elsewhere but overall it's the people here who maintain their civility- and that's the very reason I decided to make DD my online 'home' :wub:

As to the 'why' of this many of us don't have that answer, or perhaps only have a partial answer :rolleyes: My answer is that if you're like me and have an insatiable thirst to know the 'why' of things, seek out all you can- just don't expect to find every answer :whistling: Sometimes there is no answer forthcoming. If that be the case (and in every case) just say "Fine, I'm OK and I'll just accept this." If this is strong in you, you're going to have to do that at some point anyway :angel_not: After you clear that little hurdle the rest of life becomes easier, and you can make better decisions about how you're going to integrate this in your life B)

Some of my own motivations seem to be based in my childhood and my very late gain of decent bladder control: My Dad refused to allow me any form of protection so I had to deal with the humiliation and ostracizing that went with being a bed and pantswetter :(I can make those choices for myself now so wearing diapers is empowering to me :D I like the way diapers feel on me: That alone is reason enough for me to wear them ;) I detest the 'common and normal' things in life: This is about as far from that as you can get :lol: There are thousands of others like me: I have found the place where I fit in life after a lifetime of seeking ^_^

So anyway, welcome to the best ABDL site there ever was :thumbsup: Jump on in with us and enjoy it!

Bettypooh

What Bettypooh said!

We are all so different. I refused to think my late blooming interest in diapers (into my 50's) had anything to do with my childhood, but I can see now that it definitely is related. I doubt very much, however, that this is uniformly true about 'us'. One thing I've decided after being here for a while is that there is NOTHING uniformly true about us!

As for why YOU wear? You may be able to puzzle it out by looking at when, how and why you became interested in diapers. On the other hand, like me, it may take a lot more introspection (and for me, therapy - NOT just for diapers, though) to discover the real reasons (not that those reasons make a big difference).

I ask myself this question nearly every day. I know why I like to wear diapers, but I still can't really explain that. Is it a little strange for a 26 year old (or any adult aged) young man to have a desire to wear a diaper? Absolutely. Is it wrong? No. Like most of us on here, I've struggled with this for a long time (and still do, quite honestly), but I realize that no matter how weird it is, there is nothing wrong with wanting to come home after a stressful day at work (or even a normal day) and just even pretend to not have the responsibilities of an adult. Growing up sucks!

I would have to agree with this being the most cohesive diaper community... one of the reasons I joined. As for the question of "why", I have to agree with others who have said that the answer lies within yourself. I myself have had an interest in diapers since I can remember. I'm still not sure as to why I feel the need to wear them... I just do. It's like asking why someone is interested in bondage, or role reversal, or whatever other fetish turns their crank. I myself wear because it gives me a sexual charge, because I enjoy the feeling of a diaper against my skin, because I love the sound that they make, because... well just because. But everyone of us is different in our reasons as to why. I hope you find the answers you're looking for... but if you don't, then just stop questioning and enjoy yourself. Maybe that's the answer you've been looking for this whole time.

If you know you want to questioning why is irrevelent. All you can do is try , worst thing that happens is you don't like it as much as you thought. There's no harm in trying something new. Just keep it to yourself and you'll be fine, no one has to know. But you'll never know what made you want to if you don't try it out. I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to pressure you but it's the truth. Sometimes you just have to accept that you might not know the answer and the only thing left to do is try.

• 2 weeks later...

As has been said, it doesn't MATTER why you want to wear diapers, or LIKE to wear diapers, or USE them while wearing them. You're stuck with the desire and urge - a shrink will tell you it will cost lots 'o bucks to try and rid yourself of the "addiction", only to replace it with something else OR never completely eradicate it at all! - so, like an alcoholic, you can beat yourself up, chew on yourself, hate yourself. loathe yourself and drive yourself insane trying to find the definitive answer to YOUR "trigger" and WHY you have your diaper fetish(if you don't ALREADY think you're insane for HAVING your diaper fetishism).

OR, you can sit back, relax, do some exploration to find out what diapers you like the best, are most preferred by you to wear and use, and create yourself a little affordable supply to dip into, and then diaper yourself when you get the urge, and just enjoy it!

Some people like beer; you like diapers. Some people HAVE to wear diapers(the incon); YOU get to CHOOSE to wear diapers. You can USE them, or not. You can revel in the sensations you feel when diapered and using, or you can be afraid, worried about exposure, hide and drive yourself crazy because you're "different".

My advice? Go with the flow - literally. You'll live longer, more comfortably, more contentedly and actually will find yourself pretty sane, happy and well-adjusted just BECAUSE of your being different than the rest of the so-called "normal" uptight society! Of course, just MY humble opinion, from a happy, contented, well-adjusted, DL of 40+ years...

Great advice and it took me many years to get to the point of now accepting who I am with my ABDL needs and enjoying diapers to the fullest extent possible. Lots of great people in this wonderful community of ours - put your diapers on and celebrate.

I cannot help feeling that it was something to do with having a strong feeling of security as a very young child.

I had a few problems with wet beds and got "desperate" to use the toilet with a fair few accidents and maybe more than your average child which makes me err to "security" as being my reason as well as possibly it is something that happens to one as a very young baby in the sub-conscious. :o

My pennies worth !

Have stopped asking why,just accept it and enjoy it.It took me over 25yrs to come to this conclusion including 17yrs of marriage until I finaly came out.Now I have acceptance from my wife as well.

I've come to the conclusion that my love for diapers comes from an illness when I was very young. When I was 21 months old I had cancer and had to go through years of treatments. I felt like I missed out on alot of my childhood due to being sick. So I think I do this to regain some of my childhood because damn it I want it back. :baby_smiley3: