LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Better Fit? Standing Up Vs. Laying Down (When Putting On A Diaper)

I usually wear depend and have some secure x-pluse for "special occasions." I usually diaper myself while laying down. I'd always liked the absorbency of the X-plus but never the fit. I always felt the Depends were more comfortable. Recently I tried putting on an x-plus while standing and what a difference!! I like the fit way better than if I put it on laying down. On the flips side I think the depends are more comfortable if you put them on laying down. I thought it was kinda interesting.

I'm not really sure. I like to put them on while laying down, but I usually get one side (left) to tight that way for some reason. Standing up I think I manage to get both sides right....I think.. :/ I have to try it again sometime and make a note of which really does work better *shrug*

I tend to get a better fit around the bottom of the diaper if I do it laying down, you just have to make sure the diaper is properly centered. When trying to get a diaper on standing I usually have too much gap between the leg elastic at the back and this leads to press out leaks. But there ar eplaces you can't change lying down - like a public restroom - so I practice my technique there too :)

Todd

When I started diapering infants and toddlers, my Mom only used gauze diapers. So those youngsters were reclining securely on an over-sized changing table. Once I reverted to bedwetting at puberty I was taught to pin on my own gauze diapers. Although I am by far the most petite of my sisters, even at 12 I was too large for the family changing table. In consequence I learned to change myself while reclining on my bed. Of course to prevent a mess I would remove my wet diaper while standing in the bathroom, not on carpet!

In preparation for moving to a university dorm without washing machines I had to learn to put on and sleep in Attends. The nurse at my urologist back then suggested I should learn to change my disposables while standing, so I could do that in a public ladies room stall. Even if my eventual dorm mate was cool about me changing my diapers in our room, there still would be many times when I would need to change standing.

Where experience comes into this is that your upper thighs swell to maximum while seated on a firm chair such as in a classroom or lecture hall. Your upper thighs are as skinny as they get while reclining. So if you put on a disposable while on your back, you need to allow enough slack the tapes will not rip when you sit on a chair. On the other hand, when you are standing your thighs are only slightly smaller than when seated.

Personally I hardly ever change my disposables while reclining and rarely do I try to pin on a gauze diaper while standing.

I definitely get a better especially a tighter fit if I put a diaper on while laying down. However that doesn't mean that I haven't mastered the putting on of a diaper while standing in case I need to change out in a public restroom. I do agree that when I put on a diaper while laying down, One side always winds up being tighter than the other. I wonder why?

If I tape them on laying down they are always to tight. So never got why most say they get a better fit laying down.

I am very good now at taping standing up in a stall. Specially with my normal diaper a Molicare Super Plus. Guess when you have one diaper you get really good at exactly where to tape them.

Recently tried samples of each from xpmedical and none of them fit or absorbed as well as the Molicare I have been wearing since last semester. Since I found a store that carries them locally I have stuck with them due to the ease of getting them without having to worry about figuring out how to have them held somewhere as I can't get them delivered due to living at home.

It's really about technique, the "stand and lean" as i call it offers just as secure of a fit I find, as the prone position. Put the diaper behind you, center and adjust. Lean backwards and bump your bum against the wall. With a little practice you can get your balance just off center to allow a simple lean forward to adjust again if need be. Then in the full upright the pressure increases on your rear securing the diaper for a fairly snug tapping to the front. I have never noticed a difference in fit between standing or lying, but as Angela mentioned the sitting position is a bit tricky, I rarely have a need to sit to tape on a diaper. Practice makes perfect... I can tape a diaper on at night, standing and still have a perfect fit and centered. :whistling:

I get a way better fit if I do the lower tapes lying down and then stand and do the tops, then I lock the tapes in place with a small patch of duct tape .

Same here. Only use the duct tape if a tape is not sticking well.

Standing is easier in a small area or if there isn't something to lay on. Taking a diaper off standing up is the way i do it. It's too hard to get the diaper from under you to take it off.

Always fit better lying down. Though I've learned to put a diaper on in the sitting position where our pool changing rooms are open-plan, you should be discreet, would look very odd lying yourself down on one of the benches! But overall, lying down means you can adjust the tapes well and get that perfect, snug fit. :thumbsup:

Never mastered putting on a diaper while sitting. My method of choice is standing with my knees slightly bent and my butt holding the diaper in place against the wall. Laying down works well too, though I have become more comfortable with the standing method. Obviously, if I am already laying down I'll just change where I am at - no need to stand up.

I usually use Depends Maximum but am currently using some Attends Waistband I found while traveling in Wisconsin. I wonder if the type (plastic or cloth-like) or brand might influence one's approach?

Never mastered putting on a diaper while sitting. My method of choice is standing with my knees slightly bent and my butt holding the diaper in place against the wall. Laying down works well too, though I have become more comfortable with the standing method.

I've never tried to fix one in the standing position.

My tip for doing it sitting on a bench would be to measure the front and back perfectly so that you know the tapes are going to meet and the diaper isn't going to be too high at the back, also fold the main area inwards so that it is snug between your legs, then pull the front of the diaper upwards firmly and hold it in place with one hand, using the other hand pull the left side over and tape and then changing hands, fix the right side.

Laying Down is the position in which I prefer to put on my diapers of course. Isn't that the way a diaper should be changed most of the time anyways. LoL But I understand that in public places this can be a challenge at times and we need to change while standing up. But diapering while standing for me is very difficult and I don't like to.

- Thanks

iCrinkle2