LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Drug Tests

I just finished a bit of a rant about AB/DLs posting in the medical incon forum. This brings me to this topic.

THE COMPANY DRUG TEST.

This is one of those things that you can't easily get around. Most employment drug tests are "piss tests". Well, for all you - ahem - 24/7's out there, what do you do when faced with a drug test? Oh, just saying you are incontinent or wearing a diaper doesn't always work. People have tried that excuse. Of course they usually wear a store brand like Depends and usually incorrectly so they are easy to spot. But it can be a real hassle to deal with. You can't just "opt" for a blood test because your test form is for a urine screening. So usually you have to tell HR why you can't do a standard urinalysis. This means a letter from your doctor and a note in your personel file which will never really remain secret.

And guess what happy campers? You can't always get a blood test! Some a-hole wants to cath me! AND I FREAKIKNG HATE CATHS!!! They hurt and the more you get the more chance you have for an infection or other complications. They always make my spams worse.

As you can guess, I had to go through all that crap last week when the company changed clinics for the screening.

My lawyer is hashing it out. I MUST get the the screening. State law requires it for my job. (Of course teachers, politicians, lawyers, and judges do NOT have to have them.) But us in construction have to have them.

Of course in the end it will probably be the cath. Just one more lovable thing about being incon.

o.O They give you time for such things, doctors take urine tests all the time ... you sit there on the potty holding the cup in place and wait ... that's all, I would imagine drug testing is done the same way. As for "when you can't wear a diaper" ... well guess what, there is a law against discriminating against disabilities, so I would dare a company to not hire based on that criteria, quadruple dare even, I'd own that entire company before the month was over. ;) Also, catheters aren't that bad, I had to have one in the hospital because my bladder was not releasing at all after surgery (they expected that possible outcome anyhow) though it was so much more of a relief to finally be able to empty so I probably didn't pay so much attention, but I didn't even feel it go in.

I just finished a bit of a rant about AB/DLs posting in the medical incon forum. This brings me to this topic.

Yes you did- and in that rant you commented to the effect that store brand users couldn't be 24/7 wearers :o In your agitated state you missed one very important point- wearing diapers and using diapers are two different animals :angry: If I were to use my cheapo pull-ups and not go to the toilet, I'd need a dozen a day- but I use the toilet when I can to avoid needing changes B) My daytime diapers usually only serve to handle the spurts of SI and UI which I can't stop anymore, even though I can usually hold my urine otherwise :whistling: Used in this manner one lasts me the entire workday- in fact if I wanted to I could wear the same one until the padding fell apart :P So please read here what you missed there: "We're not all the same here, not by a million miles, and we need to consider every post from the viewpoint of the poster before rattling off a response"

An example- Over there you mentioned that in your business, which happens to be my business as well, drug testing is mandatory. Well, down here where I live it isn't :huh: Instead of jumping to the conclusion that you're lying, I take in consideration that it may be different where you are ;) I will overlook your implication that I am not 24/7 if you'll open your mind a bit. If you need further proof of my status you can spend a week with me and watch my every move (except when I'm naked :rolleyes: ). You'll find that everything I write here is true excepting things which could positively identify me in RL. And those have only the pertinent details slightly altered while keeping the gist of the reality intact :angel_not: I made up my mind long ago that I would not use the internet dishonestly, even as easy as that is to do. Some people don't do that- and I'm not pointing fingers- but that's how the internet goes and we all know it.

Thomas, I like and respect you. Most of your posts show insight and are well worth reading. I wish you'd offer the same to me, even if you're hot and irritable- and BTW I hate cath's too!

Bettypooh

drugs test are just part of life, so you go take the test, take a cath with you to self cath and get it done

As much as I hate needles, I hate cath's more :bash: So I'd rather let them stick me in the arm instead of getting something stuck into me where I don't want it :angry: Just me, YMMV, everyone's does ;) Most important is that you don't do things which would bring a 'fail' on this kind of test :)

Bettypooh

I'm incon for medical reasons so I wear 24/7. Maybe I've missed something here, but I don't really see much of an issue. Unfasten the diaper on one side and pee in the cup and refasten the diaper, OR take a spare diaper with you so you can change diapers after completing the test. If there is some medical reason as to why your not able to give a sample (pee in the cup), I would say use a cath to obtain the urine sample and move on with life. Be happy that you have a job and drug testing is a common practice with any employer.

It's really not that hard. If you claim incontinence they generally send you into a room with the little cup until you can produce enough urine for the sample.

Though the company I work for doesn't drug test... which means at least one of the owners smokes on a regular basis.

Mine doesn't, either, though I assume that the next time I hafta take one, I'll not only be prepared with one of my favorite products -- Test Pure Platinum-- that I'll be able to just wait until I hafta go, in order to give a proper sample. I don't see what the issue is here ?

Ok. I stand corrected. I never realized there were DLs who wore diapers but did not use regularly use them. I equate "24/7" with wearing and using diapers. If you don't use them all the time then sure, store brands are ok. (But a tad uncomfortable.)

New state OSHA regs mandate that anyone working around cranes and rigging need to be tested regularly and as needed. Also some our clients are nuts about testing GCs and subs.

Though the company I work for doesn't drug test... which means at least one of the owners smokes on a regular basis.

Or the head of HR tells the boss that if they do drug test they will lose at least 50% of their employees. And she(the head of HR) smokes and she is very hot!

It's true, I swear it! :D

Anondl

Ok. I stand corrected. I never realized there were DLs who wore diapers but did not use regularly use them. I equate "24/7" with wearing and using diapers. If you don't use them all the time then sure, store brands are ok. (But a tad uncomfortable.)

New state OSHA regs mandate that anyone working around cranes and rigging need to be tested regularly and as needed. Also some our clients are nuts about testing GCs and subs.

No prob with that. Several people here at DD say they wear but don't use, but they generally don't post in this forum. Since my problem often requires more protection than pads offer I can somewhat understand some of the issues incontinents face but I don't claim to know it all :blush: I wear 24/7 because it's either 2 dozen pad changes a day or 2-3 diapers a day; no protection = frequently wet pants :bash: Since I :wub: being in a diaper that makes it easy for me :P For someone who doesn't want to wear diapers I can see that it would be akin to having a hemorrhoid :o Time (and a very good therapist) taught me not to fight what like as long as nobody gets hurt (that includes me) B) so I take that approach with diapers. I aim for discretion to keep this from becoming an issue but I feel no shame in my need or how I handle it. Some people need diapers and I'm just another one of them. It's not exactly what I want but it is what it is and I refuse to let this ruin my life boxing.gif It could be worse- for now I can still work and walk and take care of all my own needs so I figure I'm doing OK. I'm not expecting you to jump for joy over your condition, but as much as life sucks sometimes, it's still worth looking for the roses among the thorns ;) Sometimes you find one when you least expect it and it makes the whole day so much nicer biggrin.gif I wish you many roses.

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...

For those interested, the resolution was: – cath and waiting for about 45 minutes and now everyone at the company knows that the big tough guy wears diapers.

I did learn through this that I could get my incontinence considered a "disability" but I'm not sure what that is supposed to do for me. So I did't pusure that. I also realized that privacy is a complete joke in these matters. Not during the cath, but just about people having to know about how I became incontinent and that I have to wear diapers and so on. One HR nut even suggested that I lied on my employment application when I didn't mention it. What jerks.

For those interested, the resolution was: – cath and waiting for about 45 minutes and now everyone at the company knows that the big tough guy wears diapers.

I did learn through this that I could get my incontinence considered a "disability" but I'm not sure what that is supposed to do for me. So I did't pusure that. I also realized that privacy is a complete joke in these matters. Not during the cath, but just about people having to know about how I became incontinent and that I have to wear diapers and so on. One HR nut even suggested that I lied on my employment application when I didn't mention it. What jerks.

Technically, being classified as disabled is suppose to give you extra protections by the law, but in practice it generally hurts you more, as you have discovered one of dangers. The employees that take issue with it will find loopholes, like saying you lied by not telling them, there are other such drawbacks to. It's a double edged knife and it hurts really bad. When I got classified as disabled I basically lost any chances of ever getting a job I'm qualified for without withholding that information, but then if I withhold the information and they find out later they could fire me for that.

I did learn through this that I could get my incontinence considered a "disability" but I'm not sure what that is supposed to do for me. So I did'nt pursue that. I also realized that privacy is a complete joke in these matters. Not during the cath, but just about people having to know about how I became incontinent and that I have to wear diapers and so on. One HR nut even suggested that I lied on my employment application when I didn't mention it. What jerks.

Sounds like you may have a case of unlawful disclosure of private medical knowledge going :o I'd see a lawyer and ask since this varies so much from state to state ;) Though it would mean disclosure to a jury in a courtroom, if it were me I'd settle for nothing less than millions for their ruining what could have been my promising future career :angry: I know of a couple TG cases where unlawful disclosure was settled out of court for high six-figure numbers based on the concept of the "poisoned well"- a legal concept of a irreversible mistake like this which not only potentially harms this part of your career, but all future parts at any other employer too. At the very least you need to get an investigation going within the company and have someone fired over this so they don't do something similar to someone else down the line :bash: Take notes of each and every person who says anything to you about it, what was said, where and when. This will document the severity of the matter and give you legal leverage in a courtroom B)

Though you didn't want it this way at least now you can stop worrying about possible exposure, leaks, and having to deal with untimely changes. It ain't much but it's a small rose among many thorns and for now it may be the only one so don't overlook it :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

@Bettypooh:

Unless there is a problem, I’m going to just let it pass. Except for the one insensitive person in HR, everyone has been ok about it and I have not heard any jokes or other comments. I think it is a non-issue. I prefer that my private life and my health needs remain private but it is also naïve to assume that this would stay hidden forever. In a way, it is better that it be exposed this way than to have the rumor mill create all sorts of false stories that could do much more harm that the simple truth.

I’m not one to “go legal” without a good reason. I just don’t think I should damage this company and the people who work there just to make money. I think a much more serious and important barrier to future employment is my age – mid 40’s. The topic of one’s underwear needs seldom comes up in the interview.

Now I do wish I handled the original accident better. I didn’t know how to handle the legal issues of the accident and ended up with a weak case and decided not to sue. In a nutshell, the insurance company really stiffed me and I was too inexperienced to understand the game. So they strung me along for the 2 year period and by the time I realized I needed legal counsel, I had let too much time lapse. I still owe nearly $3K to my chiro and have already spent thousands on diapers – which will continue to grow. But at least I’m not paralyzed so it isn’t as bad as it could be. I’ll take that and be happy.

@Bettypooh:

Unless there is a problem, I’m going to just let it pass. Except for the one insensitive person in HR, everyone has been ok about it and I have not heard any jokes or other comments. I think it is a non-issue....

I'm glad things have worked out as well as they have :) I respect your decision completely- yet I wonder who is going to be their next victim? :o And there will be one because there has been nothing done to prevent that. How odd that the single problem comes from "Human Resources"- they don't seem to understand anything about humans at all :screwy:

I hope everything continues going well for you- and thank you for sharing with us :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

you could try clamps... they are very uncomfortable but if placed on a couple hours before the drug test can allow some urine buildup and provide your sample with no cath... most kinda suck though but here is a link to what im talking about

http://www.jacksonmedicalproducts.com/

That sounds too strange. Now that the clinic knows I really have to wear diapers, I shouldn't have a problem when I have to take the test again. I just have to accept the fact that I will need to be cathed.

One of my main fears is that I'll have a full bladder but be unable to feel it or release it. So as long as things are flowing, it is a good sign. I don't think an external device would be a good idea for me.

now do remember that the company knows about your disability and they can swap your data to the goverment for tax breaks and subsidies for employing a person with a disability, so it may be a done issue for you but those sneaky little number crunchers are trying to wring every dollar and cent out of you needing to wear that they can from goverment programs. In my Job i dont get drug tested as a matter of fact they pay me to stay home eat my Narcotics and benzo's and not bother anybody and if they did a blood test with all the drugs i take they would get the results and move me to New Jersey right away LOL. thought i would drop a little humor in there its a terrible thing to watch your life vanish and become a person who is just taking up air that others could put to better use!

One company i worked for quit using the Pee test.

Too many known drug users were passing the test.(they had a undercover on the job.)

They started using a hair test without warning and nailed a number of employees

The company was needing to cut back on employees anyway and surprised a number that were using coke on long weekend of the rotating shift knowing it would not show after 4 days.

http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug_Test.htm

Oh by the way if you do not want a company knowing what proscription drugs(most companies ask for a list before you take the pee test) you legally use, You can write them on a piece of paper and seal the list in a envelope and give it to them only to be opened if you fail the drug test.

If you pass then its none of there business under HIPAA act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_Insurance_Portability_and_Accountability_Act

This tees off some companies that don't want people with certain health conditions.

My joke on companies was that I was a EMT and knew the law on privacy related to medical.

• 2 weeks later...

if someone is going to use the ADA for their incontinence you better be ready to back up your incontinence with MEDICAL evidence. While it is illegal to discriminate against a person with a medical condition, it is called fraud if you claim to have a medical condition for a company to provide you with accomodations that you do not actually need. and "needing" a diaper because ohh i've let me obsession take over my life.. is not hte same has having a true medical condition which has lead to some form of incontinence or control issue.

if someone is going to use the ADA for their incontinence you better be ready to back up your incontinence with MEDICAL evidence. While it is illegal to discriminate against a person with a medical condition, it is called fraud if you claim to have a medical condition for a company to provide you with accomodations that you do not actually need. and "needing" a diaper because ohh i've let me obsession take over my life.. is not hte same has having a true medical condition which has lead to some form of incontinence or control issue.

The way it works in the actual world of corporate HR and they way the ADA regulations exist, urinary incontinence of and by itself is not a covered disability.

Usually with provable medical incontinence there are other conditions existing. Often it is ruled that ADA covers the other conditions.

As you say, it all comes down to a comprehensive medical file. The employer is entitled to have their own physicians conduct medical tests. Remember in larger HR departments many of those folks have a lot of legal training. These days with layoffs in law firms I know many experienced and licensed attorneys working HR jobs. Do you want to take a chance you know more about employment law than the HR people?

The idea of "provable" though has a small drawback, a few types of incontinence are easy to fake and some are very hard to detect (nerve damage can happen in so many ways). Sometimes it's better to just have the doctor know you need them for that, and deal with the rest on your own. Mine has been proven a few times, but I still buy my own anyway (though i do get to write it off as medical expenses) primarily because the supplied ones I really don't care for. I'm vain and like to look my best, if you gotta use something it should be cute, but also functional. Just don't expect anything as a "given" and you'll be more prepared in life.