LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Swim Diapers

Just curious,

I have to wonder do swim diapers work at all, or are they just in mind for the comfort of other using a community pool... I occasionally go to a community pool and they stress that non potty trained kids must wear swim diapers along with plastic pants. Many people ignore the plastic pants part of this rule, and I have to wonder does a swim diaper even absorb urine? They don't absorb the water in the pool... Any thoughts or does anybody know anything about this, like I said just curious..

Swim diapers aren't meant to absorb urine. Urine is mostly sterile when it leaves the body and the chlorine in the pool kills any bacteria that would form. They are meant to keep poo out which is bacteria ridden and can cause severe illnesses.

• Like 2

Thing is, poop is water soluble so I'm pretty sure that a disposable swim diaper won't actually keep all the poop out the water either - little bits will disolve into water that flows into the diaper and get out into the pool but again, the chlorine will handle any bacteria in that.

Think about it, what if a bird flies over and drops a bomb? Or any one of a hundred other gross and dirty things that could end up in a pool? Obviously the level of chemicals in the water is meant to be able to deal with minor situations like these.

I suspect their primary function is actually to simply to avoid 'floaters' as it were, which would likely be a very good way of evacuating a pool very quickly indeed :lol:

Kids swim diapers have been equated to being essentially "fecal teabags' They keep the majority of the load in, but some will dissolve and seep out, but pool chems can usually take care of that.

Adult swim diapers are basically the same thing. I have a pair that are blue pull on lycra with a single layer flannel inner liner. They aren't going to hold much, but will keep the majority of the 'accident' contained. If I 'happen' to pinch one off in the pool, at least no one will know :whistling: and then I can go change with out to much bother.

If you want the pool to yourself DD, just put a Baby Ruth bar in the freezer, and when you go swimming, have it with you to 'let go' in the pool. It's basically harmless, but looks very convincing. :roflmao:

Enjoy yourself! :P

qwack

• Like 1

Swim diapers are useless. There is nothing that will contain urine while in the water.

A plain old pair of plastic or rubber pants would contain solid material (shit) to a certain degree but not completely.

Just curious,

I have to wonder do swim diapers work at all, or are they just in mind for the comfort of other using a community pool... I occasionally go to a community pool and they stress that non potty trained kids must wear swim diapers along with plastic pants. Many people ignore the plastic pants part of this rule, and I have to wonder does a swim diaper even absorb urine? They don't absorb the water in the pool... Any thoughts or does anybody know anything about this, like I said just curious..

Yeah, I work at a pool and needless to say we have had several code "brown" incidents. Swim Diapers are meant to make sure that code "brown" doesnt happen. Besides, how many people pee in a pool yet we still swim in it. Poop and vomit are the only things that will shut a pool down guaranteed for an hour.

Just curious. Is the proper protocall for a "code brown" to shock the pool?

I had a neighbor kid shit in my pool. I scooped it out with a net and double shocked it.

Yeah, I work at a pool and needless to say we have had several code "brown" incidents. Swim Diapers are meant to make sure that code "brown" doesnt happen. Besides, how many people pee in a pool yet we still swim in it. Poop and vomit are the only things that will shut a pool down guaranteed for an hour.

Shock??? What we do is close it down for 2 hours so the water can run through the filter and we dump a ton of chlorine into the pool to kill off the bacteria. If it is diarrhea than we have to close down for a minimum of 12 hours due to microscopic particles in the water and the same process happens.

so what have we learned?

what swim diapers are for

how to shut down a pool

how many people (it seems) to pee in the pool

yeah i'm never going into a public pool again, hot tubs and lakes only (at least i know fish dont crap :fish_h4h: .... before you say something i will respond with "FISH DONT CRAP!) ahhh peace of mind

Dumping chlorine in a pool is "shocking" it; "shock" is nothing more than ultra-concentrated chlorine; I had an algae incident after a problem with my filter about a year or so ago and had to "shock" the pool regularly until the filter was fixed. It'll certainly take care of a "code brown," even if you only shock it once.

Urine in a pool is relatively harmless; you would have to be able to pee several gallons before it would even remotely compromise your chlorine, even pools with minimal levels of chlorination can handle urine with no risk to swimmers. Feces is another matter, but small bits are also handled by chlorine as has been noted before.

The reason swim diapers exist is because regular diapers just don't work in a pool. Regular diapers are intended to absorb liquids, as a result they swell up and have been known to "burst" making a mess that can clog and damage pool filters, and really make a pool gross for people who aren't diaper lovers. If a traditional diaper burst, you could almost guarantee a "code brown" if said diaper contained feces, and that meant fishing out shit and diaper bits, which is a lovely combination as I'm sure you're aware. /Sarcasm. Swim diapers hold in the feces, or rather, the majority of it, and don't burst. Considering how many adults pee in pools, and the fact that pee would leak out of diapers anyway, there's no point in trying to contain it. Feces is what needs to be contained, and swim diapers do a great job of that, if your kid pees his or her Huggies Little Swimmers or Pampers Splashers, you'll probably never know, but if he or she poops in them, you'll know without having to evacuate your pool as a result. Before swim diapers parents who didn't want to deal with traditional diapers bursting would let their kids swim without a diaper, which was a surefire way to guarantee a "code brown.

Let me put it another way: when my brother was little, we had diapers burst in the pool, and "code browns" without diapers; it was a mess either way and usually involved shocking the pool and fishing out literal and/or figurative crap. Fast forward about a decade or so and my little cousin is swimming in our pool; she's wearing swim diapers, and if she pees we never know, the diaper never bursts. If she poops, we know after she's out of the pool, or if we see the diaper's shape changing, in which case she can be removed from the pool, the diaper gets trashed and changed, and she can go back in the pool, without the need to fish crap--literal or figurative, out of the pool.

I honestly don't think a swim diaper for adults are going to be that popular. Even with my non-chalant attitude for other people knowing I wear diapers at a place like a beach or pool. I will not just wear a swim diaper by itself - I just think it would be too different for people - I dont know. Of course you could wear it under your clothing...IDK what I am talking about. There must be a reason why there are not many made for adults though.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

For those of you who are incontinent, how do you handle the transitiion from removing your diaper to getting in the pool or water without suddenly having a stream running down your leg? I would think that would be an advantage of the swim diaper. If you are on the beach or pool side and sunbathing or just chillin' what are you wearing? I'd imagine you don't just wear a regular diaper and then whip it off and jump into the water. How do you do it?

For those of you who are incontinent, how do you handle the transitiion from removing your diaper to getting in the pool or water without suddenly having a stream running down your leg?

Again... swim diapers do NOT absorb urine.

Generally. If I am going down to the water (be it pool, ocean, or lake) I will put on my swim diaper before leaving the house or hotel room or whatever. I have a DTO "Containment Diaper" that is meant to be worn over a disposable or cloth diaper. It fits snugly and keeps most of the water out of the diaper. I can actually go swimming for an hour or so and have my disposable remain relatively dry under the DTO diaper.

The only times I lack bowel control is when I am very sick. I do not go near our pool when I am close to being that sick.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent, meaning I do not have a functional urinary sphincter. As my kidneys create urine and pass it along to my bladder, it flows out.

Before swimming I in our home pool, I take a short cold shower in the master bathroom, then put on my bathing suit immediately. I then walk briskly to the outside shower near the pool. My experience is that although I might wet some under the cold showers, I will have 15 minutes or so without significant urine flow. So, once soaked under the outside shower, I dive into our pool ASAP. Then I swim briskly for the exercise and get out of the pool in under 15 minutes. If I voided any urine in the pool, it was a tiny amount. Our home pool is larger than average. Its filtration system is advanced, with a push button I can use to start a special cycle once I am out of the pool.

After I am out of the pool I toss on my wrap and immediately walk back to the master bedroom to put on a fresh diaper and clothing appropriate for hanging around the pool. On a weekend when I am in my AB mood and I can do so discreetly, I often do wear a childish romper of sunnysuit. When expecting non-AB guests I will wear clothing that disguises my diaper.

As others have said, urine is not a major problem in a pool, so long as there is not a lot of urine and the filtration system is working. During warm weather our pool service checks our water quality twice a week. There is an automatic device which adds chlorine as it considers necessary.

BTW, I never use public pools. All the private pools I use belong to folks either urinary incontinent, AB or both. I make a point of never drinking pool water.

I don't get why people are bothered about there being pee in the pool. As has been said numerous times in this thread, the chlorine level in the pool is sufficient to ensure that any harmful substances that get in there are rendered harmless almost immediately.

Anyway, it's not like pee is the only human bodily substance in there. Sweat, dead skin cells, hair grease, probably a fair amount of saliva will all be in there but nobody ever gets worked up about those things for some reason. Then there's non-human substances....

Pools are designed to cope with contaminants and do so reliably. Relax and enjoy your swim :rolleyes:

I don't get why people are bothered about there being pee in the pool. As has been said numerous times in this thread, the chlorine level in the pool is sufficient to ensure that any harmful substances that get in there are rendered harmless almost immediately.

Anyway, it's not like pee is the only human bodily substance in there. Sweat, dead skin cells, hair grease, probably a fair amount of saliva will all be in there but nobody ever gets worked up about those things for some reason. Then there's non-human substances....

Pools are designed to cope with contaminants and do so reliably. Relax and enjoy your swim :rolleyes:

But pools are full of dihydrogen monoxide and that scares me :P

Bettypooh

i have several pairs of swimm diapers. i find them very comfy. i wear regular trunks over them. i really like them for water parks since i tend to have accedents on really scary slides and rides.