LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers For Need Is Different

I wear diapers for need due to a back injury. I have what is know as Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES), motor neuopathy, degenerative scerosis of the spine, and a bulging disc at L5-S1. As a result of my back injury, I'm bladder and bowel incontinent and have muscle spasms and back pain. I'm offended when ppl say they wear for need with a fantasy. Wearing for a REAL need is much different. I don't have the choice of not wearing diapers like those that fantasize about being incontinent. I maybe be wrong, but I thought this part of the forum was for "incontinence - Medical", and NOT incontinence fantasy land. I don't mean to offend anyone, but pls make your fantasy incontinent posts in a different part of the forum.

Thank you.

Guest Wetnmessy247

1.) Open your eyelids.

2.) Fixate your eyes on the computer screen.

3.) With your hands on the mouse go to Incontinece forum.

4.) with your newly opened eyes, look up.

5.) Click on a thread link titled "Incontinence Desires".

You my friend just found the thing you were looking for.

1.) Open your eyelids.

2.) Fixate your eyes on the computer screen.

3.) With your hands on the mouse go to Incontinece forum.

4.) with your newly opened eyes, look up.

5.) Click on a thread link titled "Incontinence Desires".

You my friend just found the thing you were looking for.

Some ppl are not able to follow your directions and make their post in the wrong place.

Some ppl are not able to follow your directions and make their post in the wrong place.

You may PM me or hit Report in such a instance it will be moved to the appropriate section. thumbsup.gif

I am confused. Me Heads hurt...

I'll try to sort this out for you ;) There is an incontinence forum where fantasies and wanna-be incontinents don't belong :o There are places made for that here :thumbsup: And you must understand that many incontinents feel rather dumped upon for having this medical condition which they do not want :( Unlike us, many of them wish they could get out of diapers or at least no longer need them all the time. That sets the tone of their replies sometimes and is understandable. When the Moderators find a post in the wrong forum, they move it to an appropriate one to help keep things orderly.

We're not all the same here, not by a million miles, and we need to consider every post from the viewpoint of the poster before rattling off a response. Venting is necessary and acceptable so long as it's not a direct attack on anyone- most of us will understand B) Just post in the right places and all will be well angel_not.gif

Bettypooh

I wear diapers for need due to a back injury. I have what is know as Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES), motor neuopathy, degenerative scerosis of the spine, and a bulging disc at L5-S1. As a result of my back injury, I'm bladder and bowel incontinent and have muscle spasms and back pain. I'm offended when ppl say they wear for need with a fantasy. Wearing for a REAL need is much different. I don't have the choice of not wearing diapers like those that fantasize about being incontinent. I maybe be wrong, but I thought this part of the forum was for "incontinence - Medical", and NOT incontinence fantasy land. I don't mean to offend anyone, but pls make your fantasy incontinent posts in a different part of the forum.

Thank you.

Yea, I'm not a fan of the whole AB/DL thing. I just don't get it. But there really isn't any other good diaper related forums out there. I was something link 39 or 40 when I became urinary incontinent and figuring out how to really buy and wear a diaper is not something that is easy to find out. There is either info for infants, toddler, child bedwetter, pregnant, or senior citizen but nothing for otherwise normal active (and big) adults. There are a few ok incon sites but they are not very active. Depends had one but it was full of nutjobs.

I wish there was a way I could turn-off "Diaper Cuties" banner ad as well as all the avatars. But I understand that his is an AB/DL site and have to take the wierd with the helpful.

Oh, and for the record, I can tell that LOTS of the supposedly 24/7s out there really are in fantasy land. There is no way about 95% of them are really 24/7. Anyone who really has to wear 24/7 can tell the BS a mile a way! I mean come on, the cost alone is a serious issue. And lets get really real, no store-based brand really works for 24/7 wear for anyone under the age of 60 and over the age of 8.

But again, this is an AB/DL site and people can have their fantasy world to play in.

Sorry, its hot and I'm irritable.

Yes Thomas, it is very expensive. In the last year I have spent over $1500 on disposable products. My insurance does not pay for incontinence supplies except caths. I can't stand those or the leg bag the VA sent me home with either. Because of the costs I am investing in reusable cloth products. Doing laundry every few days is going to be much cheaper. I have had to wash cloths and bedding more often because of leaks anyway so that really not a big deal anymore.

Most people that say they want to be incontinent have no idea what they are asking for. It's not a condition of convenience. Things happen when they happen. Even with the best products leaks will occur from time to time. Rashes don't discriminate.

Call BS if you want to. This is a fetish board that the medically incontinent are guests of. If you want a board that removes most of the fetish users try incont.org. Some still show up. It's the internet after all.

Yea, I'm not a fan of the whole AB/DL thing. I just don't get it. But there really isn't any other good diaper related forums out there. I was something link 39 or 40 when I became urinary incontinent and figuring out how to really buy and wear a diaper is not something that is easy to find out. There is either info for infants, toddler, child bedwetter, pregnant, or senior citizen but nothing for otherwise normal active (and big) adults. There are a few ok incon sites but they are not very active. Depends had one but it was full of nutjobs.

Wow... I don't even know where to start. Sure, the abdl folk can stop posting the incon section when the truly incon folks stop saying "you don't know what you are asking for, it's horrible" in every ab/dl incon desire thread :P

As for being here because there is no good alternatices? Do you think we are really that stupid? http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/forum/42-bladder-bowel/ There we go, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Of course most of the advice is around how not to be in a diaper (cathers, or external condom caths, etc), but there are a few diaper threads there.

Hrmmm, I guess that means you really want to be in diapers, maybe all this ranting is your way of hiding your desires...

InD

I wish there was a way I could turn-off "Diaper Cuties" banner ad as well as all the avatars. But I understand that his is an AB/DL site and have to take the wierd with the helpful.

Oh, and for the record, I can tell that LOTS of the supposedly 24/7s out there really are in fantasy land. There is no way about 95% of them are really 24/7. Anyone who really has to wear 24/7 can tell the BS a mile a way! I mean come on, the cost alone is a serious issue. And lets get really real, no store-based brand really works for 24/7 wear for anyone under the age of 60 and over the age of 8.

But again, this is an AB/DL site and people can have their fantasy world to play in.

Sorry, its hot and I'm irritable.

Well said! <_< Maybe the best thing to do here would to move the "Incontinent Desire" posts to another part of the forum and have ONE form using for making post from those that are "Medicaly Incontinent". Just my thoughts. :thumbsup:

Wow... I don't even know where to start. Sure, the abdl folk can stop posting the incon section when the truly incon folks stop saying "you don't know what you are asking for, it's horrible" in every ab/dl incon desire thread :P

As for being here because there is no good alternatices? Do you think we are really that stupid? http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/forum/42-bladder-bowel/ There we go, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Of course most of the advice is around how not to be in a diaper (cathers, or external condom caths, etc), but there are a few diaper threads there.

Hrmmm, I guess that means you really want to be in diapers, maybe all this ranting is your way of hiding your desires...

InD

Wow,.....I don't know where to start. Maybe you should give more thought to what your going to say before you make stupid comments. I don't view your post "There we go, don't let the door hit you on the way out" with "good intent". :bash:

I guess I wouldn't necessarily say that AB or DL's shouldn't comment here, but they should be respectful of other people's feelings and view being in this forum as being a guest in someone elses house. Be respectful of their feelings and such. It is so true that people who are incontinent wish they wern't. I know I would. It's one thing to feel like you want to be incontinent and another thing if you truly are! I'm sure even those who say they want to be incontinent and go for days and months in diapers have times when they wish they wore regular underwear. Yes, even those with incontinent desires will find times where it's very inconvienient to be wearing diapers. Personally, I can't see why those who have that desire can't just use their diapers purpously when they feel they need to, as opposed to having to try and make themselves actually incontinent! What is there to gain except for that feeling of total uncontrol? Maybe some people want that total feeling of not being able to know when they have to go or be able to control it. Maybe that makes them feel helpless, but I sure wouldn't want to be like that 24/7/365 and I know people who are incontinent wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy! Well, maybe on their worst enemy.

Anyway, have respect here for those with actual incontinence! Be mindful of what they have been through, what they go through on a daily basis and keep in mind that these people didn't choose to be this way! Not only that, but quite the opposite of how you yourself may feel, they would do anything if they could return to continence and not have to wear diapers!

I guess I wouldn't necessarily say that AB or DL's shouldn't comment here, but they should be respectful of other people's feelings and view being in this forum as being a guest in someone elses house. Be respectful of their feelings and such. It is so true that people who are incontinent wish they wern't. I know I would. It's one thing to feel like you want to be incontinent and another thing if you truly are! I'm sure even those who say they want to be incontinent and go for days and months in diapers have times when they wish they wore regular underwear. Yes, even those with incontinent desires will find times where it's very inconvienient to be wearing diapers. Personally, I can't see why those who have that desire can't just use their diapers purpously when they feel they need to, as opposed to having to try and make themselves actually incontinent! What is there to gain except for that feeling of total uncontrol? Maybe some people want that total feeling of not being able to know when they have to go or be able to control it. Maybe that makes them feel helpless, but I sure wouldn't want to be like that 24/7/365 and I know people who are incontinent wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy! Well, maybe on their worst enemy.

Anyway, have respect here for those with actual incontinence! Be mindful of what they have been through, what they go through on a daily basis and keep in mind that these people didn't choose to be this way! Not only that, but quite the opposite of how you yourself may feel, they would do anything if they could return to continence and not have to wear diapers!

Thank you for the post. I share your thoughts here. I stand steadfast with the idea of moving the topic "Incontinent Desires" to another part of the forum and NOT having this topic as part of the medical incontinence topic. :rolleyes:

Johnstone, when using the reply feature you need to cursor your comments AFTER the "" of the previous comment. That way your text is not included in the reply of the quote. thumbsup.gif

Also, the section of Incontinence is of the two sub sections within the topic of Diaper Talk. Both are Clearly labeled for there intended purpose. Sure sometimes we get the errant posts in the wrong section but moving them apart to the other end of the world isn't going to help those who can't read or choose not to. whistling.gif

Oh, and for the record, I can tell that LOTS of the supposedly 24/7s out there really are in fantasy land. There is no way about 95% of them are really 24/7. Anyone who really has to wear 24/7 can tell the BS a mile a way!

It's not very hard, you just listen for the part where they say they wear 24/7.

Thomas, and others, here's the thing, "normal" people will not accept you most of the time, period. They think that their "normality" is what everyone should be. Often many of us on the "must do" side have to rely on the fetish people for some fun (non-sexual) because of the stigmas weighed on us. I find the AB thing ... well ... that's just what I was without diapers before .... LOL Yes, I wore cute things, acted cute, and always had a parental figure (a close friend) before I became incontinent. So when the need for "protection" arose, it was easier to get along with the ABs than even most of the old fogies who have to wear. I'm young, was pretty young when I became incontinent (about 7 years ago), not to mention most people who are incontinent worry too much about what others think. I don't worry about what people think of me, very open, very honest, even brutally so, in real life. What I'm trying to illustrate is this, there are many shades of gray even in the "must do" people as there are in the "fantasy" people, and often we cross lines even without knowing it. Who better for an incontinent person to date or befriend than someone else who actually finds it appealing? Midgets seek out their "admirers", transgendered seek out their "admirers", even the list goes on but I can't think of anymore right now. :P

This shows why I was reluctant to join in the first place. It's fine having a "for need" community and a "fantasy" community but they are living side by side and there is bound to be some conflict.

I'm a little different, okay I am in the "for need" category but you know what, over all these years, I'm happy about me and probably more happy about others having a fetish, so I for one will be staying at Daily Diapers [if they'll have me :lol: ) and what I am saying to the "for need" people is... get real and live a little!... oh, and seeing as this is by and large a fetish-devoted site... don't bite the hand that feeds!...

Gotta dash... :biker_h4h: [too many cliches around here for my liking]...

I think that johnstone0822 is being selfish and arrogant. Yes, there are people who have no control over their bladder and/or bowels, so therefore, their NEED is visible. There is another need which johnstone0822 is stating does not exist. Just because you can't physically see it, doesn't mean that it is not there. A lot of members here, and people worldwide have a need to wear diapers for the physical feelings etc. That is a TRUE requirement, which is as real as the need to breath etc. As an example, it is humanly possible to not eat for up to 7-10 days. Does that mean that those people should NOT eat ever? A trained person can hold their breath for up to 2 minutes. Does that mean that person does not NEED to breath?

There is two parts to our lives, the physical, which we can see and encounter on a day to day basis, and the mental, which we feel and control out emotions. Which is more important? Can we really live without the two in perfect balance?

I think that johnstone0822 is being selfish and arrogant. Yes, there are people who have no control over their bladder and/or bowels, so therefore, their NEED is visible. There is another need which johnstone0822 is stating does not exist. Just because you can't physically see it, doesn't mean that it is not there. A lot of members here, and people worldwide have a need to wear diapers for the physical feelings etc. That is a TRUE requirement, which is as real as the need to breath etc. As an example, it is humanly possible to not eat for up to 7-10 days. Does that mean that those people should NOT eat ever? A trained person can hold their breath for up to 2 minutes. Does that mean that person does not NEED to breath?

There is two parts to our lives, the physical, which we can see and encounter on a day to day basis, and the mental, which we feel and control out emotions. Which is more important? Can we really live without the two in perfect balance?

I don't thinking I'm being selfish, or arrogant. I do agree there should be two different forms here. The fact that someone wears for mental need is still a need as far as I'm concerned. However, I differentiate between those that wear for a medical reason such as mental or physical, compared with those the wear for fantasy fun. I would agree there could be an argument made that wear for fantasy is mental and therefore there is no difference between the two types of need (physical, or mental). Maybe we should have two categories,.....one for wearing for medical physical need, and the other for mental/fantsay fun. :closedeyes:

Though your examples fail to hit their mark (sorry for being blunt on that) your point is valid though it's because of such gray areas that there is a moderator to decide such things, thankfully. It is possible that psychological needs will arise, however this is still more of a fantasy based need, in my opinion. Though I also do not believe that those who do not need should just stay out of the "medical" area. Personally, as long as the thread or post is not about the fantasy side, it should be here in the medical area. Questions or comments pertaining to how, why, and such even from someone who does not need them can also fit as medical discussion.

I have learned to live with the AB/DL community here. They were a great help to me when I first became IC years ago, when no one else was. They still have some valid points, and I don't mind them. Occasionally, I try to take the AB mindset, but it just doesn't work for me.

Just think of DD as a huge place of information. Just about any question can be answered about diapers and anything related. You may have to move through the brush alittle to find what you need. But its better than standing alone in an empty desert. Not everyone will enjoy every single area on DD. But every area revolves around one thing, and that is diapers. 1,000's of people testing products so that when it counts, someone will know of possible situations that they can't control. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that in order to keep people in the "right area," you'd almost have to require anyone to present a note from their urologist in order to post in this particular forum. I don't think we want that.

One of the things I like about DD is that I can be who I am and nobody's going to judge me. I have a minor overactive bladder, and leak a little. I could choose to take medications, or use little pads, but the truth is I like diapers. When I try not to wear them, I get physical pain caused by depression. Call it physical, call it mental, call it whatever. I know that here I am allowed to both need and like diapers.