LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is Your Favorite Scary Movie?

Mine is Halloween, the original John Carpenter movie. Number 2 would have to be The Thing, also John Carpenter. The man just does scary to a "T" if you ask me.

I don't really have a favorite scary movie. its not really the genre that I get into. However, the movie that freaked me out the most was Poltergeist. The part when the boy nearly gets eaten by the tree had me cringing because WE had a tree just outside my window in the house I grew up in.

Damn man eating evergreens....

the ring was funny because it was so dumb. i was the only one in the theater laughing. OH NO A LADDER AND CREEPY MUSIC! give me a break.

It wasn't really about said items, it was more about the Symbolism than anything else. Anyway theres really no good horror movies anymore, I mean Saw was good because it explored the psyche, but it didn't really make for a good romp into horror.

The problem is the market is saturated by the younger demographic, and the information age is ruining horror. Back in the day horror used to play off of things people didn't know about, like aliens or nuclear physics. But as that information became common knowladge we began to see a decline in movies.

Now all we see is some psycho guy with a knife, its pretty lame actually that no one can write a thoughtful horror movie anymore.

Screw, Jeepers Creepers, Halloween, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, or any other stupid modern movie. Bring back the good ol days when we were scared of our own ignorance.

Actually I place 'Dawn of the Dead' in the action category. I like apocalyptic, end of modern society type films.

Now a couple of franchises simply got silly. Take the 'Evil Dead' franchise. 'Evil Dead' was actually quite serious and had its scary moments. 'Army of Darkness', the third film in the series, was hilarious in a kind of 12 year old humour type way. Silly, silly humour.

Not really much into horror flicks, but I did like The Others when I saw it at the movies.

Usually I find other types of movies far more scary. Anyone see "Once were worriors"? Probably one of the scariest (and best) films I've seen.

/doc

Not into horror films that much, but liked the hellraiser films.

The movie that made me leave the cinema twenty mins before the end was "Arachnophobia" hate the dam things :(

Im Too much of a scaredy cat to watch horror films,

but when i was younger .......

In jaws when the head fell out the bottom of the boat,

Salems lot with the master popped up at the end of the bed,

and as for polterguist an alien they just gave me the willies all the

way through.....

Oh and i liked amercian wearwolf..

Tj :)

• 4 years later...

I just saw The Crazies recently. I thought it was a fantastic movie. I'd like to own it on blue-ray. I love crazy movies that have messed up endings like that too. Sometimes, the protagonist doesn't win.

My favorite way to watch a scary movie: I rent one I've never even heard of before and so I have no idea what the heck it's about. I'm not really up on what's been out for movies and I rarely see a preview. I love going into a movie I have no idea what it's about. Sometimes it's hit and miss. But when you get a good one... AWEEEEEESOOOOOOOOME ^_^

I saw "The Ring" that way. Uber creepy movie. lol.

~lilme

I love the first two Hellraiser films. The Birds was damn good for a non horror movie. The original Dawn of the dead was awesome. Japanese\Korean\Thai asian shock cinema is good when not westernized (Ringu vs The Ring, Ju-on vs The Grudge) Haven't seen Human Centipede yet but I imagine that will be near the top.

Speaking of the Exorcist II how about James Earl Jones dressed up in a silly locust costume... what a hoot.

Poltergeist is a classic.

Havn't seen the remake of Elm Street- was it any good? Kinda liked Rob Zombies reboot of Halloween and I enjoyed the remake of Friday the 13th.

Event Horizon.

Okay seriously, a friend recommended that film to me a long time ago and all I know about it is that it is highly regarded sci fi film. I been dying to see that movie. UGGGHHH

~lilme

never ending story..... you would shit your pants if you saw a rock-eater or a giant sneezing turtle.

lol. I suppose I would. I loved that movie in a very special way. I grew up on it and as I got older watching it, I found more and more profound insights in it. That is a near and dear movie for me ^_^

~lilme

Okay seriously, a friend recommended that film to me a long time ago and all I know about it is that it is highly regarded sci fi film. I been dying to see that movie. UGGGHHH

~lilme

Event Horizon is one of those movies that runs on "High Octane Nightmare Fuel". It's a horror movie disguised as a sci-fi movie. Once it has been seen, it can't be unseen... So, beware, if you're just expecting a sci-fi movie.

My personal preference is John Carpenter's The Thing. Also a "HONF" style movie with the perfect monster. The Things don't chase people down corridors. They don't lay eggs in their chest and come out as a giant killer insect with acidic blood. They don't hunt them. No. They assimilate a person or creature and imitate them. They could be your best friend, or your beloved pet. And all it takes is a single cell to assimilate you, too. They don't have to attack you. Just to brush against you, or shake your hand. And every single part of them is its own living being, so they're practically impervious to physical attacks. Fire will help, but only if you burn every single cell in the body.