LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stop The Necros!

I've seen several "Necro" posts on here over the past few days... people resurrecting threads that have been dead for over a month just to add a line or two of worthless drivel.

I know it's more of an annoyance than anything... but how about it? Can we set the boards to automatically close a thread when it hits 30 days since last response? Honestly if nobody has responded in 30 days it is safe to assume that the original topic has been thoroughly discussed and there is nothing more to say. These threads are dead, let's bury them already.

For that matter can you go ahead and trash the whole "Project Emergence" forum? That Diaper Lightning guy hasn't been on since March... and the last reply to any of his threads was in early April. No offense but that is one movement I'm glad to see end.

• Like 2

By closing the thread it would be readable, but just not able to be posted on correct?

So imagine you are new to this site and you read a thread and you have questions about it.

Would you want these new people posting new threads about this thread over and over again?

Also each of the new threads have to have links to the old threads so people know what they

are talking about and........wow it just seems like so much of a hassle.

Its an inconvenient annoyance to you and for that I apologize but, I am also sorry that you categorize other members opinions or insight as "drivel".

As for Project Emergence I havent been there so I do not know what the topics consist of therefore I will not comment on that issue.

I don't mind topics popping up and having comments added. I do that as well, to keep relevant strings going, or bump a topic that is still current. personally I think it's better to leave them open, as opposed to the same topic being posted and reposted and new topics being created when the strings already exist. This already happens because people don't read the forums or search a topic first before posting. To me, this is more irritating then resurrecting an existing post, which at least is on topic and people have already responded to, instead of having to do it all over again, or post a link to a post which is 'locked' and cannot be replied to.

Just my 2 quid...or what ever

the really only place i've seen this happen is in story time.

and thats pretty much because a writer will just STOP flat out, from continuing a story without a "BRB" or "break time."

other than that. i see more posts where its the same thing over and over again. instead of necroed.

*edit* :D 100th post!

I would rather see old posts resurrected then 50 new posts of the same questions. Newbies come in and their is a lot of good info in some of the old posts and many people do not like retyping what they have already answered. Sometimes it is fun to view some blasts from the past. No we do not have to resurrect every post, but a poignant topic or some comedic gems are wort seeing again.

Sometimes it is interesting to see if what we posted in the past, still have merit today, or if things in our lives have changed.

Pulling the plug on project emergence won't hurt my feelings any either.

I would rather see old posts resurrected then 50 new posts of the same questions. Newbies come in and their is a lot of good info in some of the old posts and many people do not like retyping what they have already answered. Sometimes it is fun to view some blasts from the past. No we do not have to resurrect every post, but a poignant topic or some comedic gems are wort seeing again.

Sometimes it is interesting to see if what we posted in the past, still have merit today, or if things in our lives have changed.

Pulling the plug on project emergence won't hurt my feelings any either.

:thumbsup:

I would rather see the revived topic than the question start all over again, and again, and again, and again....... Plus some topics, especially product reviews, only need updating when a product changes.

But, i could agree that some topics could die and no one would notice, like notices for past parties.

I've seen several "Necro" posts on here over the past few days... people resurrecting threads that have been dead for over a month just to add a line or two of worthless drivel.

So what makes your drivel worth more than everyone elses? :o Utter hypocrisy! This post is as bad as any on here :bash:

I know it's more of an annoyance than anything... but how about it? Can we set the boards to automatically close a thread when it hits 30 days since last response? Honestly if nobody has responded in 30 days it is safe to assume that the original topic has been thoroughly discussed and there is nothing more to say. These threads are dead, let's bury them already.

As I've said to others; If you don't like it then don't click on it or read it. If you start to become offended then stop reading. Sheesh, it's sooooo easy a concept to grasp that it doesn't require a reminder for those of us with at least average intelligence :P Or perhaps you're seeking to be offended so can gripe about something? If that's the case how about we apply your 'necro' idea to you- you were dead (absent) for more than 30 days recently so how about you get removed? Some of us would like that :lol: though since we understand that we don't set the rules here we don't go making silly requests for it.

For that matter can you go ahead and trash the whole "Project Emergence" forum? That Diaper Lightning guy hasn't been on since March... and the last reply to any of his threads was in early April. No offense but that is one movement I'm glad to see end.

I don't think the project is going to go anywhere- in fact I think DL is going go go hoist by his own petard (if that isn't the reason for his absence already) but I won't call for it's removal. Within DD's rules everyone here has a right to make intelligent posts, make friends, make enemies, or make an a$ out of themselves :angel_not: I've seen as much kindness, tolerance, understanding, sincerity, and goodness here as I've seen anywhere else- much more than most web forums- and that's why I like being here :wub: I've seen fairness aplenty too with people getting pretty much what they give :boxing: Yeah, there's stuff I don't like but if I am so compelled to control that I'd start a website of my own and never go anywhere else.

DF, if you don't like this 'micro-world' then you are free to leave it. I for one wish you would because you don't seem to do much more than whine about things you don't like and bash other users :( (Bettypooh looking for a kilted smiley) Begone witch ya, aye!

Bettypooh

• Like 1

DF, if you don't like this 'micro-world' then you are free to leave it. I for one wish you would because you don't seem to do much more than whine about things you don't like and bash other users :( (Bettypooh looking for a kilted smiley) Begone witch ya, aye!

Bettypooh

I could say the same thing to you. Every time you respond to any of my postings it is with a personal attack.

If you didn't like this thread, then why did you go and read it? You should really take some of your own advice and start practicing what you preach instead of trying to bully me.

Stop being a hypocrite.

• Like 1

I could say the same thing to you. Every time you respond to any of my postings it is with a personal attack.

If you didn't like this thread, then why did you go and read it? You should really take some of your own advice and start practicing what you preach instead of trying to bully me.

Stop being a hypocrite.

First, dear boy, I am not a hypocrite :P I read almost all new posts whose topic seems interesting to me- yours included B) You overlook threads where I've agreed with you, at least in part :( and you overlook threads you started or replied to that I didn't join in on :bash: You have only seen what you wanted to see and now you want to convince others that you're right? HAH :lol:

If anyone cares to spend the time and look back several months they will find the truth about the interactions between DF and I :whistling: They will clearly show the pattern of his hatefulness towards me and many others :angry: as well as his demented logic :screwy:which is the real reason why you see what he says now :o Go ahead- look. Find out for yourself why I'm not afraid of you doing that.

Then you will understand clearly why his logic still fails him.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

for some reason i have this intense desire to start resurrecting so many year old posts or older that the first page of each forum is just resurrected old threads....

• Like 2

for some reason i have this intense desire to start resurrecting so many year old posts or older that the first page of each forum is just resurrected old threads....

Don't try me girl, I was just starting to like you! :P

hey hey hey i didn't say i was going to do it... just that i had this almost overwhelming urge to do it!

but seriously.. JUST starting to like me... after all this time you are JUST..... pfffffttttt

hey hey hey i didn't say i was going to do it... just that i had this almost overwhelming urge to do it!

but seriously.. JUST starting to like me... after all this time you are JUST..... pfffffttttt

Hey at least we aren't going the other way! :whistling:

I still haven't seen any valid evidence why this isn't a good idea.

People are going to post new threads anyways instead of going back 2 or 3 pages to reply to something more than a month old. I see it on here every day, some folks just don't know how to look at a date and see that a topic is ancient history. One person resurrects the thread, then 2 or 3 more reply to his reply and soon enough you have everybody adding their 2 cents to a discussion on a topic when the OP hasn't been back in months.

I'll post some links for reference.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13000 Double necroed, from Sept 2008 to May 2009 to May 2010.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1064 Necroed 4 times. From May 2006 to Oct 2007 to February 2008 to January 2010 to May 2010.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18842 From January 2010 to March 2010

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13389 From Nov 2008 to January 2010

I could go on.

If 30 days since last reply is too short a time for y'all... how about 60 days or 90 days? Some of these threads were necroed by 6 months or more. At what point does it go from being a rookie mistake to "dear god someone actually had to go searching for this thread b/c it is buried 5 pages back"?

• Like 1

People are going to post new threads anyways instead of going back 2 or 3 pages to reply to something more than a month old. I see it on here every day, some folks just don't know how to look at a date and see that a topic is ancient history. One person resurrects the thread, then 2 or 3 more reply to his reply and soon enough you have everybody adding their 2 cents to a discussion on a topic when the OP hasn't been back in months.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13000 Double necroed, from Sept 2008 to May 2009 to May 2010.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1064 Necroed 4 times. From May 2006 to Oct 2007 to February 2008 to January 2010 to May 2010.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18842 From January 2010 to March 2010

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13389 From Nov 2008 to January 2010

I could go on.

If 30 days since last reply is too short a time for y'all... how about 60 days or 90 days? Some of these threads were necroed by 6 months or more. At what point does it go from being a rookie mistake to "dear god someone actually had to go searching for this thread b/c it is buried 5 pages back"?

Again, like others, I would rather see a post brought back than have the same question posted and reposted over and over. If someone goes to the effort to search for the information first, and still has a question and posts it, I am fine with that. As opposed to someone who doesn't even try to look FIRST and makes a new post about something that has been discussed previously. At least the first example the poster TRIED to find what they were looking for, as opposed to the 2nd, who doesn't even think to look first. This is an AB/DL diaper site, which has been around quite a while, it has a very active group, so with that in mind, you would THINK that pretty much every content related question and discussion has been asked somewhere.

I equate it to someone walking into a sandwich shop, and asking what sandwiches and combos they have, when the menu and prices and all information is already posted right in front of them :screwy:

Some people want you to do all the work so that they don't have to, and that really bugs me.

A couple of quotes....."seek and ye shall find" and GOD helps him who helps himself" if they aren't going to put for the the effort and TRY first, I'm not interested in 'trying' to help them. :P

So the 'necros' don't bother me, at least it illustrates someone is putting forth the effort to find what they are looking for......unless its a troll trying to be irritating :P

Thats just me...

qwack

I just have no problem with revisiting an old topic if you have something to add to the conversation. Even when the OP is long gone it can still benefit others and spark new conversations.

Guest Katharsys

Hear, hear! You take the left side and I will take the right - and we should have a good two-to-three hundred old posts resurrected by the end of the day!

I don't find a problem with people rehashing an old post / topic.

Pros -

New and/or different insight to the post subject.

An old post might have been missed and the topic can be a source of information.

Cons -

It can be annoying to a few people (the reason for the annoyance I can't tell)

• Like 1

I could go on.

I find it interesting that some of these were double or quadruple 'necroed', suggesting that the topic has continued interest and relevance for a number of new readers. So, the alternatives then would be to either to start a new topic, completely wasting the previously issued information, or to copy and paste an old post and respond to it in a new topic so as to address previous opinion/information in a means that won't freak out the people annoyed with necroes for whatever reasons that yet elude me.

I find it interesting that some of these were double or quadruple 'necroed', suggesting that the topic has continued interest and relevance for a number of new readers.

Eh... not really. It just suggests that people who use the search function aren't intelligent enough to actually read the date on a thread before they click "reply". Besides... necroing is just bad netiquette.