LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Rubber Pants

I am pretty sure my first waterproof pants were vinyl. But I developed a liking for rubber and latex before diapers. When I did start wearing diapers, cloth, in my 20's, what I owned in the way of rubber and latex pants were not suitable. They were met to be worn next to the skin. Vinyl was my go to pants over diapers.

• 1 year later...

In therms of realism, Babykins rubber panties are the most, they look, feel and smell (after washing) just about exactly like those that litttle girls who still wore rubber had as late as 1955 only needing to be a bit fuller, longer at the side and wider in the crotch to be right in the money

debbie.jpg

"...a bit fuller, longer at the side and wider in the crotch..."

In other words, to be shaped to fit a baby rather than an adult, since adults need larger leg holes.

That says nothing about the size of the leg holes or the waist, only the dimensions of the body. But as it is, they do run small. I could fit into al

• 2 weeks later...

My mum always called them just rubbers. until a couple of years ago when I explained that saying ' I put all my kids in rubbers' might get her invited to the local police station for a sit down conversation

I am told that "rubbers" is acceptable in any area that is British. I would think that they would know that her "kids" have long since grown ad that would have been so long ago that nothing would mtter
It might get her an invite to the local kink house, however

• 1 year later...

This has to be bizarre. I just posted this about an hour ago at them ost

• 2 years later...
On March 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM, pins said:

When I was growing up I was a hopeless bedwetter. I can remember my mom useing Milkey Way Rubber Pants (50s). Does anyone remember their first pants? Or does anyone recognize Milkey Way brand ? Thanks.

I do remember Milky Way Rubber Baby Panties!  My mom changed me into Toddletime Rubber Baby Panties.  I also wore Playtes,

Gerber, Empire, Spencer's and Wards Plastic Baby Panties in both Slip On Style and Snap On Style .  My mom changed me into all the 

pretty Babyish Pastel colors of Rubber Baby Panties. 

I have vivid memories, traceable by distinct events during those periods, of wearing rubber pants when I was 2 and a half.

They definitely were Playtex Rubber Pants, beige in color in a tube.  I was out of diapers by then, but had several pairs.  I very distinctly remember when one pair broke, I was trying to put it on like a tshirt..duh.  My mom was going shopping and asked if I'd like a toy....I said no thanks, but asked for another pair of rubber pants.....she looked at me funny, but that's what I got when she got home.

My next door neighbor and best friend, exact same age by 1 week, still slept in a crib with full diapers and rubber pants.  He had older sisters that would dress him at night, I was so jealous....

10 minutes ago, Wetpants said:

I have vivid memories, traceable by distinct events during those periods, of wearing rubber pants when I was 2 and a half.

They definitely were Playtex Rubber Pants, beige in color in a tube.  I was out of diapers by then, but had several pairs.  I very distinctly remember when one pair broke, I was trying to put it on like a tshirt..duh.  My mom was going shopping and asked if I'd like a toy....I said no thanks, but asked for another pair of rubber pants.....she looked at me funny, but that's what I got when she got home.

My next door neighbor and best friend, exact same age by 1 week, still slept in a crib with full diapers and rubber pants.  He had older sisters that would dress him at night, I was so jealous....

Wetpants, what a fascinating vivid memory.

Bummer that when you were 2 and a half that a pair of PlayTex baby pants failed. A downside to all rubber pants, especially latex, is that they are perishable. It was great luck that at the same time your mom bought you a new pair.

The thing is, according to PlayTrx, they stopped production of their latex baby pants in November 1954 because customers by then preferred vinyl pants which are not very perishable.

My mother is her parents oldest child, born in 1939. Granny says that she splurged and bought PlayTex panties for my mom. WWII rationing of rubber products forced PlayTex to suspend production of their baby pants from early 1942 until mid 1946, by which time vinly pants were being made. Gerber vinyl pants cost less and lasted much longer. Sad, but that's how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have only a few recollections from my early childhood.  I'm talking about the very early years of 3 or 4.  I vividly remember the afternoon when my mom put me down for a nap and I was wearing these light green rubber pants.  I was somewhere between 3 and 4 years old. They were sort of puffy and I guess the thought was that I would not wet the bed while I napped.  I really don't know if they were rubber or plastic.  My mom would call them rubber pants or "dighties".  Anyway, it made such an impression that I never got over it.  Now I'm turning 71 in a few days and the thrill is as strong as ever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 11:46 AM, Rubber Baby Pantie said:

I do remember Milky Way Rubber Baby Panties!  My mom changed me into Toddletime Rubber Baby Panties.  I also wore Playtes,

Gerber, Empire, Spencer's and Wards Plastic Baby Panties in both Slip On Style and Snap On Style .  My mom changed me into all the 

pretty Babyish Pastel colors of Rubber Baby Panties. 

How could you remember any baby rubber baby panties having been born in 1965? they had not been made for at least 5 years, probably more

http://other.sandralyn.net/rppage.html

Being born in the mid 70s.

I don't if they were rubber or plastic. But remember the new material having a unique/interesting smell.

I remember the smell to this day. 

I remember smelling the new ones before putting them on, when no one was looking.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, Mishadip said:

Being born in the mid 70s.

I don't if they were rubber or plastic. But remember the new material having a unique/interesting smell.

I remember the smell to this day. 

I remember smelling the new ones before putting them on, when no one was looking.

So when you were smelling them, were you still officially wearing them or was it after diaper age?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a photo of me in just a cloth diaper and clear plastic pants and cowboy boots, I was 22 months old and the year was 1949. So I guess my mother preferred the new plastic pants instead of rubber ones. 

• 5 weeks later...
On March 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM, pins said:

Thanks RustyPins .I hope your mother was nice to you about your bedwetting . Mine was very understanding and she kept me in night diapers and rubber pants (plastic pants)til I was 15-16 years . She always used a rubber sheet on my bed.

I was changed nightly into a double diaper and a puffy pair of Plastic Baby Panties by my mommy until age 12. I remember how nice they felt between my thighs. My mom would tickle my tummy and say I think my baby boy likes mommy changing his Rubber Baby Panties. I would kick my legs like a baby as she check to make sure my Diaper was nicely tucked into my Plastic Baby Pantie.  I miss Rubber Baby Pantie time!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On March 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM, pins said:

Thanks RustyPins .I hope your mother was nice to you about your bedwetting . Mine was very understanding and she kept me in night diapers and rubber pants (plastic pants)til I was 15-16 years . She always used a rubber sheet on my bed.

I loved wearing Rubber Baby Panties.  My mommy would use Slip On Style Plastic Baby Panties at night.  She would change me into Snap On Rubber Baby Panties during the day.  I loved to hear the Snaps while she changed me.  I had my Plastic Baby Panties changed until age 11.  I think my mom liked keeping her boy in Diapers and Rubber Baby Panties.  I liked the babyish look and Rustle of my Plastic Baby Panties!!

• 1 month later...

As a young boy I wanted my mom to make me wear rubber/plastic pants so badly. Unfortunately she never did. I even tried wetting on purpose hoping she would make me wear rubber pants to bed. Now, so many years later, I do wear them, but I missed out on all those youth experiences. Glad you had such great mom experiences with your mom  How did you get by wearing until 11? teased?

• 8 months later...

I wish I could remember that far back , I know I must have worn regular plastic pants and cloth diapers , back in the mid 60s disposables weren't popular yet .

I envy some of your stories of bedwetting .When I was little I can remember begging my mother to put me in Pampers but she wouldn't do it being a bedwetter with a loving and nurturing family would have been a dream come true , however in my family bedwetting would have been met with harsh shaming , humiliation and a belt across my back .

I wish I could remember that far back , I know I must have worn regular plastic pants and cloth diapers , back in the mid 60s disposables weren't popular yet .

I envy some of your stories of bedwetting .When I was little I can remember begging my mother to put me in Pampers but she wouldn't do it being a bedwetter with a loving and nurturing family would have been a dream come true , however in my family bedwetting would have been met with harsh shaming , humiliation and a belt across my back .

• 1 year later...

Ijust realized, I never did go into what I was in as a little girl. I  just wore what was put on Linda when I was at her house,  both during the day, since it was a thing that until you could hold it for two hours comfortably, or until you were 8 years old, she was in diapers, and at night whenever I slept over because using the toilet meant going outside, around the corner of the house and into the basementLinda was a bedwetter and the others could hold it all night, so that left me. I would have not had to wear diapers to bed  there after I turned 10 but they moved when I was 9 and about 3/4

As to what kind of rubber panties, it did not occur to me to find out. However, it was a mixed bag with some real rubber ones. I remember a pink one and an ivory one The plastic ones were in colors, mostly milky white then pink, both translucent and opaque and some trhanslucent blue and some yellow. What brand they were I do not know since I did not find out

• 9 months later...

I was born in l931, before plastic/vinyl was invented so my rubber pants were real rubber.  They were  off white color and very soft and aromatic.  I loved them dearly and was heart-broken  when I no longer needed them for bedwetting at about age 5. 

On 4/11/2015 at 9:18 AM, randy said:

i wore diapers to bed up until i was 4 or 5 i believe, as my earliest memories are wearing diapers to bed. My mother was (as most people back then) were very frugal, and i remember her being very pleased by buying a multi pack of Playtex pink rubber panties that she had gotten 'On Sale' .. and i was inconsolable, and her response was it didn't matter as no one would ever see them. Probably because it was for me at the time a very traumatic event, i still remember it very clearly.

Implication; you are a baby and being treated as such