LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Airline Travel

From Adam on bbif:

This happened today.

It was a male inspector. Before he put me in the machine he told me that I could opt for a patdown search. He may have already noticed the extra padding by then.

He had me stand on 2 green footprints and talked on his radio, saying "this is view one" then he had me stand on 2 yellow footprints, which were 90 degrees around from the green ones and said into his walkie talkie "this is view 2".

After that the person on the radio told him something and he said to them "lower back?". Then he patted me down on the lower back and butt.

I could tell he felt my diaper and he asked what it was. I simply said "my diaper". He said "thank you sir" and then said "area clear" into his radio.

That was it. No strip search, nothing embarrasing.

The scan thing is just too creepy! I'm not sure I'll fly if they continue that. I have a medical card stating that I'm incontinent and wear gauze diapers because of allergies to disposables. I've learned not to wear diaper pins, just a diaper with velcro straps when I travel. Besides, the only "bomb" that goes off in my diaper is a noxious vaporous exhalation of the skin usually accompanied by odious gasses that could be harmful to one's health! :roflmao:

Pretty soon it won't be "Walk through the scanner, please", but it will be, "Are you ready for your debriefing?" Hey! As long as it helps keep the plane I'm flying in from being blown up or hijacked, I don't mind it a bit!

This is why I love Amtrak.

Tomorrow morning I leave on an overnight trip. Train leaves at around 8 AM, I show up around 7-ish since the train is usually early. Just show an ID... no strip search. I get in my compartment and stroll down the train from a leisurely breakfast (included with my room!) served on real plates with real knives and forks. That night I'll be on another train. Again I'll set myself up in my room and stroll down for dinner. Perhaps baked trout? Maybe a perfectly done steak? Then it's back to my room for some nice wine from a bottle (REAL bottle) I brought on board. I take a shower and get off at my station.

On the way back I get a complimentary bottle of champagne when I board in Chicago.

Like I said, I <heart> Amtrak.

You should have told him it's your wet & messy diaper. Maybe next time they wouldn't be so quick to pat you down like a criminal. I will NEVER board an airplane again. Not worth the hassles.

Oh yeah, gee, what a real hassle this guy went through. NOT.

Big deal they pat you down, check you out, whatever. Why do people make such a big deal about it, it's really not.

As far as Amtrak, if you have all time in the world to get somewhere, then it's a good idea. Someone I know went from Minnesota to Washington and it took an extra 24 hrs to get there because of stupid delays. They're probably good overall but a long trip, I don't have the time or patience for a train and something closer, I'll drive.

I'm on both sides of this security fence:

1) I support body scanners - fast and easy way to process people and get them on their way.

2) If someone opened a "Fly At Your Own Risk" airline where you could walk up 5 minutes before the flight, pay in cash and take all the lotion you wanted, I'd use them! [idea stolen from Bill Maher]

1) I support body scanners - fast and easy way to process people and get them on their way.

I'm against them simply because they've gone from investigational, bleeding-edge new tech to 'the new standard' in a matter of weeks. Before Panty Bomber, they were being trialled at a few airports and not without controversy or fault (two thirds down, paragraph starting 'Even so...'). Post Panty Bomber, suddenly the orders are rolling in thick and fast. No doubt there's been some serious lobbying done by Rapiscan et al in the past month :rolleyes:.

Changing how we do things and giving up liberties in response to terrorism is never the right way to go forward. When we do that, they win.

Changing how we do things and giving up liberties in response to terrorism is never the right way to go forward. When we do that, they win.

I agree with this completely! I don't think what the TSA is doing now is necessarily violating our civil liberties, if I have to go through a body scanner and maybe a quasi-pat down so be it but my question is how much further will it go from what they're doing now? We cannot give up our civil liberties and give up the principles of the Constitution just because some extremist terrorists want to make the country suffer and bleed financially.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Substantially more planes have fallen out of the sky due to mechanical failures than from terrorists. But we don't see the aircraft being body scanned or mechanics patting them down before flight.

The media is a tool used by the government to fear monger the population into rolling over while they strip more and more freedoms from us.

I agree...what is the big deal with a body scan and pat down?

And there never will be an airline where you fly at your own risk....because of the way a plane can be used as a missile to kill people on the ground.

If it gets to the point were cavity searches are needed....then you chose how you travel. It is just like watching TV...if you don't like what you are watching CHANGE THE CHANNEL - don't censor TV!

You do what you have to do....

body scan gonna get expensive since they will need atleast 2 per gate, 1 for male and 1 for female

its the same with tha pat down, male get patted my male and female by female, in most cases atleast..

You should have told him it's your wet & messy diaper. Maybe next time they wouldn't be so quick to pat you down like a criminal. I will NEVER board an airplane again. Not worth the hassles.

Well until enough people stand up to the P.C. machine and do what we should and actually profile, then we will all be harrassed needlessly. I honestly don't see the big deal of the body scan though.

No doubt there's been some serious lobbying done by Rapiscan et al in the past month :rolleyes:.

I rest my case

I honestly don't see the big deal of the body scan though.

Consider *how* they're being introduced and *who* is pushing for their introduction and *who* is profiting. Hint: the answers to the two who questions are the same. Lots of very dirty politics (see above). Very little by way of cost/benefit analysis being done, I suspect.

I respect DW's resolve not to be scanned. I think most of us do. If she, and for that matter anyone does not wish to be scanned they have the right to make this decision. If someone would rather travel via alternate means, at least in the USA, they have that right. If I did not want to have my privacy violated AT ALL I would just choose another means of travel and hopefully anyone travelling with me would love me enough to agree regardless of their own view. I'm glad she has the guts to speak her mind and think most of us are happy to see this on this thread.

If I was with another person I love who happened to feel this way I would stick by them no matter what. There are other good ways to travel such as train, bus or car, and even boat or you could just choose not to go. I'm thankful to live in a democracy where we have such precious rights and freedoms to choose whatever is best for the individual. Here in the USA we should thank our lucky stars we have such a wonderful selection of travel means.

That said, I personally have travelled all sorts of ways and I still enjoy airflight some times. I don't like having to go through security but I'm already used to it. I'm not, however, used to being asked to explain wether something that is, essentially, underwear is in fact a diaper. Even a decade ago, I would not even have had the nerve to wear a diaper ANYWEAR. Thankfully, in my journey of life I have been able to come to terms with myself as one who wears a diaper other than for need. I really have alot of nice people to thank for that and if anyone here knows me from the ABDL world - all of the ABDLs I've gotten to know either in person or online are actually those responsible for this personal growth. You all are the ones to whom I've been able to "Come Out" to and with. I first "Came out" online on a DPF forum and some nice people responded and welcomed me there. Next I found a really cool ABDL group in NYC and - not naming names here - I "Came out to play" with them. It is because of my being able to go out and actually meet these understanding people, some of whom are now on the DD Forum, that I was able to get to understand myself better and, equally important, "Come out" to my then-fiance. Damn was I every lucky that happened. Now I am married to a wonderful woman who is understanding of all this.

I am forever greatful to have had this support! Without you people I wouldn't be as lucky and happy as I am today. I think there are other fortunate people on here (DD Forums) who are in relationships where the other person knows. Now, I have lots of diapered friends and I'm so comfortable in diapers that its not a big deal to do something like having to admit I am wearing a diaper. Of course, I still am never going to tell my parents or siblings or kids but that's my choice. But, I feel like I am mostly "Out" of the closet with my love for diapers and the AB/DL lifestyle with those people I like to share it with. You guys!

If I have to go through what DailyDi just went through I will most likely just do the same thing. And I will also be proud of it! "Thank You" to DailyDi for sharing this. In about a week I am driving a moving van out to Arizona (three days trip) as part of a "convoy" to help my brother move. I'm going to have to fly back. I'll wear depends driving out (stealth mode lol) and Bambinos flying back. Yeah, I feel much more secure in diapers and I'm not ashamed to tell you guys this. Its not an international flight but PERHAPS I will be scanned/screened and if anyone asks what the buldge is I'll tell them "that's my diaper." And I will enjoy that for what it is.

Now if they want to actually inspect my diaper that's another issue of privacy violation and I will find a good attorney.

Glenn in NJ

Oh boy, where do I start? Coming from someone who knows a good amount about aviation, I have to pipe up again.

Substantially more planes have fallen out of the sky due to mechanical failures than from terrorists. But we don't see the aircraft being body scanned or mechanics patting them down before flight.

The media is a tool used by the government to fear monger the population into rolling over while they strip more and more freedoms from us.

This is a very poor statement. Sure, plenty of planes have crashed over the last 100 years due to mechanical failure but the aircraft today are under more and more scrutiny now than ever. Flying commercially is still the safest form of travel and that’s accredited to many sources, one of them being airport security. I don't think it's fair to compare the two anyway, mechanical vs. terrorists crashes. The majority of plane crashes are actually due to pilot error in many different forms. As far as something mechanical taking down an airliner over the past decade, it's actually pretty rare. We're not talking about Joe farmer who takes up his Cessna for the day since they're not the ones under the TSA scrutiny but actual airliners.

The second part of the statement of striping our freedoms goes along with those mentioning our civil liberties being taken away. I must ask, how so? You're not being forced to fly however by CHOOSING to fly, you must comply with the rules set forth. If you don't like it, DON'T FLY. I can't emphasize this enough and I swear some of you just don't get it. No different than if you were thought to be a suspect in a crime and subsequently were arrested. On the spot, you'd likely be cuffed and patted down. The officer would say "This is for your protection, as well as mine". You may have done nothing wrong but until everything is sorted this is often what can happen to you. You have the choice in the airport to have the pat down or body scan. Cops don't have scanners out in the field so they do the pat down. It's a measure they take guilty or not. Kind of the typical, guilty until proven innocent saying. You're guilty at an airport of having something until they prove otherwise through whatever means, pat down, body scan, as necessary.

As far as the male, male and female, female pat downs, they already have the people there to do that because, well, they already do that and have for quite some time. If you set of the metal detector sometimes pat downs are required so males and females are present.

I'm finding there are a lot of you here that are just posting thoughts and opinions and making them sound as though they are facts with no basis to them. Find out the facts before you post them as such.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You won't care about airport security until you or another family member is involved in a terroristic attack. Then you will want to blame the government for not doing something about it to prevent it. At the same time, you'll say you don't want to be inconvenienced by extra measures of security so where does that leave the gov't? Between a rock and a hard place. Well, they've said, we're covering our a$$es and are going to do something about it before it happens again otherwise, we'll be ridiculed for doing nothing and that's not what the people really want to see us do, nothing.

I guarantee you, if security measures were eliminated at airports tomorrow and you could just walk from curbside to plane passing no security checks, planes would be falling out of the sky by terrorist or insane individuals on a regular basis killing not only passengers but people on the ground as well, and you'd all be crying to implement security measures. I'd bet a lot more people would actually stop flying out of fear of attack having zero security then aren't flying over having to go through increased security measures they have at present day. We're the happy medium you say? Well, who knows but security is only as good as the last update or advancement until someone finds a way through and they have to patch up the hole. No different than virus software on your computer, it's only as good as its last update because more threats come out every day, in turn, more protection is needed.

This is the world we live in, deal with it.

I work in the airline industry and these threads at times really annoy me.

Firstly, more people die in car accidents than plane accidents.

Secondly, all this thing about civil livberties...look at the UK...cameras everywhere..look at the US..claims to be free and democratic but is so far form it and if you question it you get torn to shreds (am assuming I will get torn to shreds for this statement)

Thirdly, what is it withpeople being so insular..I understan fear of flying but you can only drive so far

Fourthly, yes more planes crash through mechanical failure than through terrorist attacks etc but hey the whole US society is taught to be scared of everything... (I mean hell, you would think Sept 11 was the first time there had been aterrorist attachj in the world

That is my 2 cents worth and if you want t oflame go ahead but I could only read the comments etc for so long

Secondly, all this thing about civil livberties...look at the UK...cameras everywhere..look at the US..claims to be free and democratic but is so far form it and if you question it you get torn to shreds (am assuming I will get torn to shreds for this statement)

I won't rip you to shreds, maybe nom your corners abit. But yes, here in the UK our civil liberties are being taken at a breath taking rate, and stuff like this is making it worse. Thats why we need to oppose things like this. They don't make us safer, they just allow us to be controlled better. I just hope we can reverse the trend before it gets too bad. Alas I fear not, and thats why I'm working on my exit stratagy.

I won't rip you to shreds, maybe nom your corners abit. But yes, here in the UK our civil liberties are being taken at a breath taking rate, and stuff like this is making it worse. Thats why we need to oppose things like this. They don't make us safer, they just allow us to be controlled better. I just hope we can reverse the trend before it gets too bad. Alas I fear not, and thats why I'm working on my exit stratagy.

And this is why I fight for every little freedom I can. They don't just come and take them all at once, they take them one by one. Before we know it we will have gps units in cars with satellite connections that can track and disable any vehicle anywhere, or the ability to monitor a person using common electronics that nearly every person has, or cameras on every street corner, or an almost complete inability to live and buy products without a paper trail, or a lack physical money, or a justice system that almost exclusively protects big business regardless of the crime, or the banks owning the governme........................................................................ Oh wait.:huh: