LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital Diapers

diaperboyMKE

I for one can't wait for the general election. No idea who I'm going to vote for, or even if I will vote, but the shower of piss we currently have in power will be gone :D

From the frying pan (NU LABOUR) to the fire (TORIES)

Heh, if this is the frying pan then I hope to burn.... At least the tories will get rid of some of the crap laws this government has put in place. But I won't vote for either of them so gotta find a party I can vote for.

LOL dl88, I don't think they're a representation of hospital diapers :P. (she probably brought her own after seeing how crap they are :P)

LOL dl88, I don't think they're a representation of hospital diapers :P. (she probably brought her own after seeing how crap they are :P)

I know, they looked like cheap depend pullups, from what I've heard though, I can't imagine real ones are too much better.

I think abrera means they use the cheap version of tena nappies. Probably made to cost the least therefor win the contract to supply them.

Probably. Most of the big diaper companies have an 'institutional' line that they sell to hospitals, nursing homes and so on. I don't know if Tena do that but certainly they wouldn't be supplying Maxis :P. The NHS tenders for consumables like diapers, dressings, etc, are normally done on a lowest bid wins basis so the very best they'd be supplying would be Tena Slip Pluses, which are kinda crap for any kind of heavy use...

I think abrera means they use the cheap version of tena nappies. Probably made to cost the least therefor win the contract to supply them.

I thought Tena would use the same products for all there customers. I do agree that since Tena has got the contract to supply the NHS with pads that they do feel cheaper and the plastic is a little weaker then it was maybe a year ago.. but still a rather nice nappie.

I do know for a fact that you are allowed 4 pads a day, ranging from the Tena slip plus to the maxi.

Let me make sure I understand this. Are you saying that you expect the taxpayers, of the UK, to pay for a sex change operation? If this is the case, I hope this nonsense never happens in America!

It's how long I've been waiting since it was accepted that I qualify for the ICD-10 qualification for transgender variance.

I will remove it when I get to Charring Cross hospital, which may be as long as next April.

Indeed, I don't want NHS staff changing me, it was bad enough having the flexible cystoscopy.

You're not getting the same, you're getting better as yours wont have targets. If the NHS hadn't got targets to meet, I'd have been seen 5 months ago.

Free on point of entry, expensive elsewhere.

• Like 1

A long time ago I had my clavical broken in an accident. I had to stay the night for observation due to the compound fracture and level of intoxication. I could NOT get up to use the bathroom due to the pain and the little thing they gave me to urinate in wouldn't hold it all. I asked for "a diaper or something" and the nurse cam back with a blue colored diaper. It was about as thin as paper but held a lot more than the stupid thing they gave me.

If you go to a walk in clininc you do not have to provide the name of your primary care physician, you can simply state i do not have one. Many people who go to walk in clinics do not. Also they cannot release your medical records to your primary care physician unless you sign a waiver saying they can. Normally they will not have you sign this waiver and send your medical records over unless you ask them to. This is the same with a hospital, unless your doctor happens to work at the hospital they will not have access to any hospital records, again unless you release them by signing a records release form.

I broke my wrist two summers ago at work, and went to the emergency room, then proceded to see a orthopedic surgeon. Not once did my doctor receive any medical records about this. And not once did the hospital ask me to sign a release form so they could send my records over. Often they will ask for the name of your primary care physician to see what sort of follow up care to recommend.

That being said, hospitals are incredible busy in the usa, more so now with all the fears out there about swine flu. Hospital staff are incredibly overworked, often doing the duties of two or three people. To ask them to change you when you clearly do not need help changing is to pull them away from a patient who truely needs help to fulfill your own personal fantasy. Not a good time or place. There are places you can go to live out that fantasy, not in a hospital or medical setting where there are people who truely DO need help with their toileting needs.

Fantasize all you want but do not abuse the hospital staff to fulfill that fantasy.

I think it's hilarious that in the "USA Socialized Healthcare" thread many of the UK members posting were singing the praises of "Free Care", taxes or not. In this thread is appears to be a different story.

:huh:

Is it good or not?

:roflmao:

Back on topic:

When I herniated the last two discs and lost most of my ability to hold it, they gave my a container to urinate in while I was in the ER bed and a diaper for the MRI. Good thing they did because it wasn't dry when the MRI was done. It wasn't a really good one, but it did the job for the couple of hours I was in their facility.

Hey the MRI is an expensive test. I have insurance and I had to fork out 700 bucks for it. After that the docs said I was legally handicapped. I love the knocking sounds from it.

I wore a purple molicare when I had mine. I did manage to stay dry because I did not fall asleep. They talked about drugging me if they had to.

I think it's hilarious that in the "USA Socialized Healthcare" thread many of the UK members posting were singing the praises of "Free Care", taxes or not. In this thread is appears to be a different story.

:huh:

Is it good or not?

:roflmao:

Back on topic:

When I herniated the last two discs and lost most of my ability to hold it, they gave my a container to urinate in while I was in the ER bed and a diaper for the MRI. Good thing they did because it wasn't dry when the MRI was done. It wasn't a really good one, but it did the job for the couple of hours I was in their facility.

It seems to me that the quality of diapers in any given hospital is going to have some variance. Thankfully I've never had to stay in a hospital (except the 3 overnight stays with my wife for each of our children), I am one of them folks that detests all things medical... with a burning passion!

I've always heard complaints about hospital diapers, and just took it as a universal truth. However, last year we paid a visit to my wife's grandmother in (what seemed like) the hospital. She was 95 at the time, and we had my family, as well as my in-laws and other family members crammed into her room, and (I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but) I was looking around the room trying to advert my eyes from the nasty implements of torture when I noticed an open bag of diapers right by the bed. Grandma has been incontinent for quite a few years now - gosh! she really is old, bless her. Anyway, those diapers were thick, boy! I kid you not.

Perhaps this facility was some sort of private care institution? I really don't know; one hospital looks like another to me. And they are all places to avoid at all costs!

Perhaps its just that the hospitals in Tennessee believe in quality products. Regardless, I really wanted to try one of those diapers.

I am a EX EMT and have been in many ERs and hospitals.

Just about every hospital uses what ever brand adult diaper that the hospital supply department buys.

i have seen every thing from cheap Chinese brands to attends being used.

I never wore diapers at the hospital the few times I've been there, however one time when I was there for a few days the guy in the next bed ended up in them. I don't know what his problem was but he was always calling out, "Nurse! Nurse!". He didn't even use the call button. Anyway, the last morning I was there and waiting for my ride home, the guy's grown daughter (maybe in her 30's) was visiting him. I heard him complain to her that he had to go to the bathroom. Then I heard his daughter tell him to just go in his bed! Next thing I know there is this terrible smell in the room and the daughter is telling the nurse her dad had an "accident" in his bed! Poor me, I had to stay in that room while they cleaned the bedding and the guy up! Of course, there was a curtian between us, but then I heard the guy ask the nurse for diapers. The nurse said, "You don't wear diapers, do you?" At that point the daughter said, "I think it would be a good idea based on what just happened." I felt like shouting out, "You told your dad to shit in his bed! It wasn't no damn accident!" Anyway, when my parents came to pick me up the first thing they noticed when they got off the elevator was the stench! By that time it had permiated the entire floor! I'm not sure what type of diapers the hospital used but I only hope they were cheap and uncomfortable for that guy who made it unpleasant for everyone else on that floor!

If you see a good quality diaper in a hospital or nursing home, it's quite likely the facility didn't provide it. They couldn't care less if you like the diapers they just go, this is what we have. You don't get options typically for anything in a hospital unless it's a sticker or a flavor of some medicine(of course there are others) but for the most part it's here yah go, this is what we have so this is what you get. I had a relative in a nursing home and she had diapers delivered to her there from an outside company. From others accounts I've read here on other threads, many have brought there own diapers if they're incontinent or in need to the hospital and the staff has no problems with that upon asking. They've done this especially for planned procedures where they bring in there own supply.

I wouldn't expect to go into a hospital and be asked, do you want the generic, secure x-plus, molicare, abena, or attends diaper? However cool that'd be, not gonna happen.

I wouldn't expect to go into a hospital and be asked, do you want the generic, secure x-plus, molicare, abena, or attends diaper? However cool that'd be, not gonna happen.

LOL! Wouldin't it be somthing if you were given a menu in the hospital room with the different brands of disposable adult diapers and a price listing? Then the nurse would come over to take your order! The bad part would be like in a restaraunt when your waiting and waiting for your dinner! Couldn't you imagine being totally soaked and waiting for a diaper change and the nurse coming to you and saying, "I'm sorry. We ran out of Bambino's. We can substitute Abena's for the same price though." "OK, I'll take an Abena". "Good. Your order will be out soon". "Hurry, I'm really soaked!" Later: Head Nurse: "I'm sorry your diaper was so late. Here's a coupon for a free package of wipes next time you come in to help make up for your problem."

Guest stright_locin'

during my duties as an emt i have encountered diapers being used for medical reasons a few times. at one hospital they opened a cabinet above the sink in the er bay and there were two small stacks of green and purple diapers. as i was standing around waiting for that particular patient to be released to us for transfer the nurse was putting her in a nice thick purple diaper from the cabinet. i did not notice any markings indicating brand as i was trying to give as much privacy as possible. what a crazy night that was..... at another hospital i witnessed a man in a plain white diaper once again i did not notice any markings.

As far as diaper changes in the hospital go, BM and urinary output get charted, and if you are wearing a diaper but aren't incontinent, yes they are going to ask you awkward questions. Charting requirements vary from hospital to hospital, but some will add it to your record if you are diapered, and if you show up in a diaper but denying incontinence, don't be surprised if you are given a psychiatric consult. If you are incontinent, and are alert and oriented you can refuse a catheter. Usually a CNA will assist in changing anyone who cannot change themselves, which is most incontinent patients in a hospital. For those of you with nurse/doctor fantasies, please keep it to yourself while in any healthcare setting.

In the emergency department, if a patient is somewhat incapacitated but can be assisted using a urinal or bedpan, that is usually what they'll do. If they're not alert, intoxicated, require immobilization, etc, they'll probably receive an indwelling catheter. More or less anything appropriate goes for drunk or otherwise incapacitated people, under the doctrine of implied consent, and a catheter is usually considered appropriate.

Think your wrong about showing up in a diaper and saying nothings wrong and them giving you a psyc.consult.Heck i been addmitted to the hospital a number of times and tell them i like wearing them.Heck thay would even tell me to ask when i needed a change.