LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can You Have Dl Without Ab?

Frogboy

Hi folks,

As some of you who have read my other posts on here will know, I am still getting to grips with my DL side, however I seem to be falling into some AB style practices. The idea of putting on a baby-grow (onesie) and sucking a dummy (pacifier) still doesn't appeal to me, but I reckon there is some definate regression going on. here's a full account of whats been going on;

At first I thought my diaper love was sexually driven, but as time went on and I wore diapers more and more, I began to notice that I associated diapers more with a sense of relaxation and peacefulness than I did with sex (thats not to say that diapers don't excite me anymore though). I also noticed that I crave a bulky diaper... I love it when I wet a diaper and it bulks up and I have to waddle!

I am switching to cloth diapers very soon as I love the idea of all that bulk and the soft fabric on my skin... I was looking at the All-In-ones to begin with, but the more I think about it, the more I want the normal cloth type with the safety pins and waterproof pants! I started out looking at the plain white ones, but the more I look at them, the more I am tempted by the patterned ones, albeit the faint pastel style patterns, not the bold primary colour style patterns.

I have noticed how I love being changed by my wife, not all that time, and not in a "being mothered" sort of way, there's no baby talk or role-playing involved. I've also taken to latching onto her breasts when we're lying in bed together and suckling on her nipples for long stretches of time, similar to if I was being breast-fed. We call this practice "comforting". It was my wife who requested I did this the first time, but I enjoy it so much, I'm doing it more and more. It's worth noting that comforting does not lead onto or follow on from sex, it is purely an activity we engage in for mutual comfort!

As someone who felt very much a DL only to begin with, all of the above would suggest that, even if only a little, I am also AB. Don't get me wrong, I don't see this as a bad thing, just a bit surprising given my initial views of diaper wearing! I guess my question is: Is it possible to just love diapers, or are all diaper lovers also AB, just at different levels? (please note that whilst I do not wish to exclude incontinent people from this question, it is more aimed people like me who wear diapers through choice as opposed to necessity)

Sounds like you are, at least to some degree, an AB. As for the question in the title, you can definitely have the DL without the AB. I am a DL and I have zero AB tendencies. For me the diapers are all about humiliation and any degree of AB for me would ruin the excitement of that humiliation. That's just me though. Maybe most DLs are to some degree AB as well.

I am a DL, I've never had any AB tendencies. I love diapers for the feeling they give me when wearing them, how they feel when I wet them and it's sexual for me. I love wearing them out in public under my jeans and wetting them when needed without anyone around me knowing I'm wearing diapers. Although I do respect everyone's feelings and interests, I for one would not like to pretend I'm anything less than my own real age. I do not like the idea of being cared for like a baby or toddler and would not want a "mommy" or "daddy". I do not wear any baby style clothes including adult onesies and any plastic pants or cloth diapers I may use are just regular white diapers and frosted or white plastic or waterproof pants without any colors or prints on them. I would never use a pacifier or a baby bottle or play with any baby toys. If I ever had to have someone change my diaper, I would prefer it to be a woman nurse if I was injured in the hospital and was required to wear diapers for my injuries and was unable to change them myself. I would feel wierd, though, if I had to wear diapers in that situation and have a nurse change me. About the only thing I have is regular diaper pins with the blue, yellow and green colored plastic heads. I have them only because they are redily available in most stores and are practical for pinning on diapers, not because they are baby diaper pins.

In short, yes I 100% do agree that a person can be a DL. I know some people who claim to be DL's but I think they may also have a very small AB tendency, like once in a while using a pacifier, etc., but although there are AB's and AB/DL's, I truly believe that there are just plain DL's out there that have no interest at all in the AB lifestyle. I'm proof of that!

Thanks DprdJeff and rusty pins. Looks like it is possible to be pure DL, and consequently I'm not as "pure" a DL as I thought... I'm actually part AB! :D

Frogboy

it can also work the other way around, i am an ab.. but i am not a dl. i dont love diapers, i would never just wear a diaper because. for me diapers are just one of many props i use in my ab play, but i can engage in ab play without wearing a diaper.

I'm a DL all the way. Acting like a baby is just silly to me (not against people that do it though) maybe someday I will explore that side with the wife. My problem is, I can't wear a diaper for very long before I can't take it anymore and need to relieve myself by blowing my load, then the fun is over and it takes 3 or 4 days before I feel like doing it again. :mellow:

I'm a DL with nearly no AB involved biggrin.gif I say nearly none only because I could be tempted into some short-term role play with the right person wink.gif But honestly, there's nothing about being a baby that I like except the lack of responsibility tongue.gif To each their own and as much of it as they'd like!

Bettypooh

I have no desirte to act like a baby and find the girls acting like one a turn off, however the forced regression can be part of role play and that sound slike fun. I consider myself strictly a dl, however I'm willing to try the ab thing if the opportunity presented itself. I just wouldn't actively persue the ab stuff on my own.

Personally, I identify as an AB/DL. I'm more of a blend than anything else. There are times I simply enjoy wearing diapers and thats it. There are other times where I definitely enjoy the AB side of things (clothing, pacifiers, babying, etc.). Theres definitely a fetishistic mode involved in whatever it is that I do. The wearing of diapers has become more of a comfort thing recently for me, though. My interest in AB stuff grew gradually it didn't happen all at once.

But to your original question, yeah, its absolutely possible to be a DL with no AB interests at all. I know them and have met them. Its just that for so many of us the DL tends to leak over into other "babyish" interests eventually, that people seem to assume that its inevitable that any DL will end up as a AB. I call shenanigans on that. Do what you like, enjoy what you enjoy.

Hi folks,

As some of you who have read my other posts on here will know, I am still getting to grips with my DL side, however I seem to be falling into some AB style practices. The idea of putting on a baby-grow (onesie) and sucking a dummy (pacifier) still doesn't appeal to me, but I reckon there is some definate regression going on. here's a full account of whats been going on;

At first I thought my diaper love was sexually driven, but as time went on and I wore diapers more and more, I began to notice that I associated diapers more with a sense of relaxation and peacefulness than I did with sex (thats not to say that diapers don't excite me anymore though). I also noticed that I crave a bulky diaper... I love it when I wet a diaper and it bulks up and I have to waddle!

I am switching to cloth diapers very soon as I love the idea of all that bulk and the soft fabric on my skin... I was looking at the All-In-ones to begin with, but the more I think about it, the more I want the normal cloth type with the safety pins and waterproof pants! I started out looking at the plain white ones, but the more I look at them, the more I am tempted by the patterned ones, albeit the faint pastel style patterns, not the bold primary colour style patterns.

I have noticed how I love being changed by my wife, not all that time, and not in a "being mothered" sort of way, there's no baby talk or role-playing involved. I've also taken to latching onto her breasts when we're lying in bed together and suckling on her nipples for long stretches of time, similar to if I was being breast-fed. We call this practice "comforting". It was my wife who requested I did this the first time, but I enjoy it so much, I'm doing it more and more. It's worth noting that comforting does not lead onto or follow on from sex, it is purely an activity we engage in for mutual comfort!

As someone who felt very much a DL only to begin with, all of the above would suggest that, even if only a little, I am also AB. Don't get me wrong, I don't see this as a bad thing, just a bit surprising given my initial views of diaper wearing! I guess my question is: Is it possible to just love diapers, or are all diaper lovers also AB, just at different levels? (please note that whilst I do not wish to exclude incontinent people from this question, it is more aimed people like me who wear diapers through choice as opposed to necessity)

as with some other people posting.....I too am gradually starting to enjoy a little AB play. I consider myself mostly DL and into the humiliating BD/SM aspects of it but I enjoy it when my wife breastfeeds me....and she has recently starting calling herself my "mommie" we ususally do have sex when we are playing.....but I am curious to see what it may be like to just be diapered and treated as a baby with no sex involved. I don't think there is anything wrong with being both AB and DL enjoying what both sides have to offer.

Interesting.

I always considered myself pure DL until once I was in Boots buying some wipes (when I had only crappy Boots Stay Drys) and suddenly had the desire to buy a dummy, so did.

Now have an NUK5 (adult dummy) that I DO enjoy using that.

I also quite like the idea of being changed...but I'm not sure that's an AB thing or just a sexual aspect of the DL. Have also seriously considered purchasing a onesie and / or romper suit, but again, this could be a side of the DL thing....they're both associated with nappies and nappy wearing.

Sleeping in a crib, acting like a baby, playing with baby toys etc - that doesn't really appeal.

I am mostly a DL, I love wearing and wetting diapers, I love wearing my sleepers to bed but that is about it, I don't see myself as an AB at all, my others interests have nothing to do with AB" activities.

Do what works for you, what makes you happy is what works.....but most of all enjoy yourself.

Asked 2 or 3 years ago I would have said I was strictly DL, nothing AB-related appealed to me at all, and that AB/DL has the slash for a reason - and it sounds bad but back then I even thought the things AB's did were pretty f'd up and often went "What the..?". But over the last few months.. well.. things in my life have changed a lot - probably too quickly to take in (hence my change in frame of mind).

Since having my own place the freedom it's provided means I now find myself with Bambino nappies, NUK5 and onesie! :blink:

I know there is much more to AB than the accessories, but an adult-size cot (crib) and my own nursery-styled room is more and more tempting. It's like the AB inside me has always been there but living with other people prevented exploration.

And before anyone starts flaming, read more than the first two lines*, please

*Disclaimer: Dependant upon screen resolution; results may vary

:ph34r: ..sneaks back into the darkness...

As people here, both confirmed DLs and ABs and those who would say that they are neithere, are finding out either via reading or self experimination, that everyone is different. My 'abishness' is unique to me. What I like may not appeal to you and visa versa. That does not say that I am an AB or that I am a DL. This problem of creating names for what I am, or for what you are is what starts the confusion.

Within the AB/DL world, there are many different stages from someone who hatyes diapers, and only wants baby talk and cuddling to someone who needs the diapers for the full baby treatment. That would mean that there are thousands of different types of ABDL.

If you find that your feelings are changing on a hourly / daily basis - welcome to the human race. It is not that you are slipping from one belief to another, it is that you are growing - learning to find and adapt to what makes you comfortable - so in my humble opinion - enjoy it. You ARE different, so celebrate your uniqueness and difference.

• Like 2

99% of the time, I'm 100% DL. It helps that I don't like using my diapers, in that aspect. I wear diapers because I love the way they feel.

Though, about 1% of the time, I shift into a more AB-like mode, with a bottle and pacifier. But I don't have a girlfriend or wife, so there's really no roll playing involved. That would do nothing but confuse my dogs.

It's funny how in one fetish, there can be so many different levels. From only DL to only AB, and everything in between. I consider myself about 80/20, DL/AB. Diapers are the thing the get me going, but I like to be changed and would love to try a onesie, sleeper, and some other AB stuff.

As someone who felt very much a DL only to begin with, all of the above would suggest that, even if only a little, I am also AB. Don't get me wrong, I don't see this as a bad thing, just a bit surprising given my initial views of diaper wearing!

I actually find myself in a similar situation. I never used to have any sort of AB tendencies, and in fact the "only babies wear diapers" mindset was actually something that I occasionally fell into which made me feel uncomfortable with being a DL. In the past few years, however, I've found myself developing a slight interest in the AB side of things. Nothing major, but I think it's, well, maybe 'soothing' is the right word, to relax with my stuffed animals while wearing a bit of baby attire.

I'm not sure about your case, but for me it seems that my AB interests were something I picked up from the ABDL community, and learned to associate with comfort rather than embarrassment.

You sure can. I consider myself 'just' a DL. Diapers give me comfort and confidence. Ageplay does nothing for me. That's just one data point, of course.

I'd bet that no two people here fall in exactly the same place on the AB vs DL spectrum. Considering the sheer variety in both being an adult diaper wearer and also in ageplay, there's a lot of ground to cover.

But heck, if the interest in some parts of being an AB came to me, I'd try it out.

I am not an AB in my opinion as I have no interest in acting like or being treated like a baby/kid, but there are "AB" items that i'm "into". I love my Hello Kitty plastic pants (holes in them so they aren't really any good any more :() and would love to have a nice set of footed PJs, but I don't really think that makes me an AB at all.

I think the biggest difference between being an AB or a DL is the attachment point for the person. For DLs, it seems to be that we are attached to an object(s) and it is more of a fetish for us where as ABs seem to be more about the situation and the objects are just props. Obviously everyone is different though and there can certainly be some blurring for some individuals.