LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

So tried samples of the Abena L3, which say they are comparable to the normal X-Plus, just without the stretch waist band. These seem a lot thinner though then I remember the X-Plus, so are the regular X-Plus still thick or did they also reduce those?

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the many diapers I've tried, I must say the Abena M4's are by far my favorite. I havent had any issues with tapes or defects. I could go without the markings all over it, but for comfort and absorbancy I havent found any better. That being said, I havent been able to try Bambino yet, but I'm waiting for the day so I can compare.

• 4 weeks later...

ok i recent had a sample of the abena S2.

in looking to try some more Abena but i got lost in all the different Letters and numbers L, M,S and all the numbers.

can some on explain this to me ?

The larger the number the more they will hold. So the 4's (m4, L4) hold the most, which is a lot!

Does anyone know when or if they are switching to the clothe backed abenas in North America? I think I will stock up on maybe 10 cases or more of the classic plastic backed ones when they do.

S = Small

M = Medium

L = Large

XL = Extra Large

1 = Will hold Small Leakage

2 = Will hold Moderate Leakage

3 = Will hold leakage all day

4 = Will hold a flooding

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to order another case of diapers and was wondering what people's recent experience with Abena M4s was. The last batch I ordered had major problems with pinhole leaks, tapes and more.

Thank you in advance

The last case of Abenas I ordered was several months ago, but I did experience similar problems. Got two cases in a row with bad tapes. Have since switched to Dry 24/7s, but am not really impressed with their quality either. Had one good case and one case where half the diapers weren't seamed properly down the side so the inner fluff got everywhere and made a huge mess. I can honestly say the only thick diaper I haven't had some kind of problem with is Molicare... but I'm not a huge fan of them b/c they clump badly if you are active while wearing them.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a case of Abena M4 from Dorset Nusring Supplies last week.

Does anybody else feel they have been made to a bigger, thicker, crinklier specification?

It's the first time I've worn them for about 6 months but something seems different about them (Not that i'm complaining about the crinkling and thickness). Size wise, I think the medium which used to fit my 32" waist comfortably is not slightly too big. Might have to consider the small size next time!

Abena M4's are still my favourite diaper to wear, but when going out and wearing with clothes, I prefer Molicare Super Plus'. They are just thin enough to be comfortable to wear under my jeans.

So I think for now I'll keep the M4's for home use, and ride my Moli's around town ;)

I just received my order of Abena M4's yesterday and have tried it out for the first time. Wow - they are much better than the depends I was used to wearing. The diaper did not leak last night when I was in bed, and I did not have to worry about wetting my pants today, I felt less self-conscious of my diaper leaking. I will definitely continue to order the Abenas!

What's the difference between the L-4 & M-4. Is their a difference in capacity and how much they can hold for the whole day.

The difference is the size. M for medium, L for large. I would bet the L-4 would hold at least a little more than the M-4 just because I would guess that since it's larger it has more material in it. But then again, I could be totally, totally wrong about that. The last Large diapers I bought just had longer wings than the the mediums.

--Floaty

Ordered a case of Abena M4 from Dorset Nusring Supplies last week.

Does anybody else feel they have been made to a bigger, thicker, crinklier specification?

It's the first time I've worn them for about 6 months but something seems different about them (Not that i'm complaining about the crinkling and thickness). Size wise, I think the medium which used to fit my 32" waist comfortably is not slightly too big. Might have to consider the small size next time!

I just got an order of M4's yesterday and was thinking the same thing. They got really thick, and the plastic seems to be a little stronger, tapes a little bigger or something. Altogether the diaper seems to have changed for the better. Havent worn an M4 in over a year, so might be my perspective after wearing ATN's for a while, but it does seem thicker. They also feel just a little bigger than they used too, but at the same time I have lost 10 pounds in recent months, so it may be that.

I have been using the X-plus for years. I will say that it is a very reliable diaper in every way. Going back to when I first started to buy them I found that the tapes were often poor. This issue has been solved and I find no issues at all with the tapes. I do agree that they do have a tendancy to clump if they are wet or have been worn for an extended period of time.

A few years ago I did try the Air Plus Premium version and at the time I didnt think it was worth paying the premium for. This is the cloth covered version. Recently however I got a very good deal - too good to be true in fact on some oversupply and they offered a deal on a couple of cases. I do need to wear them to bed every night and the deal was too good to pass up on so I took them. Now after having been using them everynight for a couple of months I have become a fan of this product. It is very high quality and very comfortable. The tapes are exceptional and for some reason the padding has less tendancy to clump - though it still does it is is very wet. The thing about the product is that it is very comfortable to wear. The padding is very thick so it is not discrete at all but I have found that I never get a rash at all when wearing it and it does feel lighter to wear than the plastic version. In short I would recommend trying it for anyone that has a need to wear them.

I had one X-Plus left over from about a year ago. I kept it around specifically because I knew I'd be ordering them again at some point and wanted to compare to see if there where in fact any changes.

I have to say… it's really hard to tell. About the only noticeable difference is that the printing is lighter on the new ones but that could very easily be a batch by batch variation rather than an overarching product change. I know there was a lot of talk about the plastic being thinner but it seems the same to me. Could be the old one I have isn't old enough?

Strike that, on closer inspection they are in fact made using a thinner and notably louder plastic.

Edited by gah!ghost

I'm not a big fan of the plastic on these BUT it's still plastic. I'd take these over any cloth like diaper out there any day of the week :)

I don't know if it's the change in plastic or something else but I have to say I like this most recent batch a lot more than previous. I have never been the biggest Abena fan, they never seemed to fit me right. I will say though I still have my main complaint with them, they basically don't wick at all. I'm not sure what component causes good wicking but some are certainly way better than others.

I'm still waiting on my case of Bellas to come from B4NS....friggin B4NS....anyway I have to say that Abena L4's fit me darn near perfectly. Of all the brands out there, Abena seems to just work to best for me. If the Bellas fit anywhere near as good then I'll be in heaven :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a bag of M4s. I wasn't a big fan of the original Abri-Forms, but I'm hoping the M4s change my mind a bit. With Depends getting harder to find I'm in the market for a new go-to diaper; it's probably gonna end up being Attends, which I really enjoy, but I'll let Abena make its case.