LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetters?

Add me to the list :D I potty trained waaaaay late, wetting my pants almost daily till 8-9, wetting my bed nightly till my early teens :mellow: It tapered off slowly but returned when I discovered alcohol. In my late 20's if I came home drunk a wet bed was certain. If I drank normally it was a 50-50 thing. As a child my parents refused to allow me any protection <_< but as an adult I began diapering for bed when I thought I should ;) I quit drinking in my late 30's and the bedwetting went down to 2-3 times a year but I still woke up several times a night to pee -_- A few years ago I finally figured out that the relentless waking was ruining my rest and causing a lot of stress in my life, so I decided to become a bedwetter again :rolleyes: I usually wake to pee, remember my diaper, and go back to sleep immediately afterwards. Sometimes I don't wake up :P and that's exactly what I'm aiming for :D I want to sleep all night, every night, but I don't want to wet my bed if I'm not in diapers(or sharing my bed :rolleyes: ). If I can't keep it working both ways then I'll go with the diapers and work the rest out as best I can B)

Bettypooh

Add me to this list, I guess. Only been dealing with it on and off for a few months, it's really hard getting to sleep for me, but apparently not so hard staying asleep when I have to go. Hahaha. I took care of it with the cheapest brand of brief available, which was pretty loud, and plastic-backed, but since I was only at home in bed it was cool. Now I'm at university and it's starting up again, so I'm looking for a quieter way to deal with it (I stupidly thought it would be gone by now and got a roommate I don't know).

I have to say, though, I'm a little surprised by everyone who says their parents were and at them and so on. Maybe it's because this didn't start until I was old enough to be buddy-buddy with my folks, or maybe my parents are just lazy. Either way, I'm thanking my lucky stars.

Hi Tokka,

I had just reached puberty in 1976 when I reverted to bedwetting. My family was diaper-friendly and taught me to pin my own gauze diapers which I wore with separate vinyl panties. In 1981 I left home for university, where I could not wash my diapers. Just before leaving I practiced taping myself into Attends. At my dorm I told the housing director I wet, so I was assigned a roomie who did not mind.

Back then all disposables were poly plastic. Cloth-like came along decades later. When I am awake and need a full diaper I do use Attends Breathable which are cloth-like.

For bed I recommend classic poly plastic disposables with sticky tape. Find a brand and style that fits you correctly. I am a petite woman, so the choices in my size are limited. I wear the Attends Youth Brief, which works for hips less than 20" to about 30"

The reason I suggest poly plastic is that it will slide on sheets and blankets. Cloth-like tends to cling to bedding, pulling gaps that leak.

Of course ethical people who wet also put a waterproof sheet to protect the mattress.

Add me to this list, I guess. Only been dealing with it on and off for a few months, it's really hard getting to sleep for me, but apparently not so hard staying asleep when I have to go. Hahaha. I took care of it with the cheapest brand of brief available, which was pretty loud, and plastic-backed, but since I was only at home in bed it was cool. Now I'm at university and it's starting up again, so I'm looking for a quieter way to deal with it (I stupidly thought it would be gone by now and got a roommate I don't know).

I have to say, though, I'm a little surprised by everyone who says their parents were and at them and so on. Maybe it's because this didn't start until I was old enough to be buddy-buddy with my folks, or maybe my parents are just lazy. Either way, I'm thanking my lucky stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Battle Mage,

Doctors consider it unusual for a boy to revert to bedwetting (technically secondary nocturnal enuresis) at 11-12. Your case proves with incontinence there are no absolute rules. I am sure your doctors also are fascinated that as you matured your bladder control improved so much. Did any of your doctors discuss the reasons for you starting to wet?

With girls a certain percentage can be normally toilet trained for many years and then start bedwetting at puberty. Modern research suggests a hormone situation and also changes to body shape, similar to why women often start to wet while pregnant, then again at menopause. The more typical pattern with boys would be to have delayed toilet learning. In boys the approach of puberty generally tends to improve bladder control.

Of course physical injury can damage control, as can certain kinds of sports. Classic with women is riding horses.

So Battle Mage, could you tell us more about your wetting history and how yoy manage your wetting?

Yeah, I guess I need to be on this list as well.

I started wetting the bed when I was about 11-12, and it has continued ever since, though it seems like is has nearly stopped now. I've only wet once in about a month, so... :D

Hi, Battle Mage,

Doctors consider it unusual for a boy to revert to bedwetting (technically secondary nocturnal enuresis) at 11-12. Your case proves with incontinence there are no absolute rules. I am sure your doctors also are fascinated that as you matured your bladder control improved so much. Did any of your doctors discuss the reasons for you starting to wet?

With girls a certain percentage can be normally toilet trained for many years and then start bedwetting at puberty. Modern research suggests a hormone situation and also changes to body shape, similar to why women often start to wet while pregnant, then again at menopause. The more typical pattern with boys would be to have delayed toilet learning. In boys the approach of puberty generally tends to improve bladder control.

Of course physical injury can damage control, as can certain kinds of sports. Classic with women is riding horses.

So Battle Mage, could you tell us more about your wetting history and how yoy manage your wetting?

Sure. I talked with my doctor a few months after I started wetting. At first I brushed it off, thinking it was just a slight sickness or something. After a month/two months, my family figured it would be best to just get it checked out anyway.

He ran a few tests, asked me about my diet, what I drank, when I drank it, ect... His response was that he had no friggin clue why I'd started wetting. He was able to rule out some of the more unpleasant possibilities, ie: uti. He said that the best he could do was to offer me some medication that might make it stop, and then give me the usual "don't drink too much close to bed, make sure you go right before bed, maybe consider waking up in the night to go, ect..." advice.

He wanted me to come in there every 3-4 months so they could run more tests, but... he'd ruled out anything that could cause me serious harm, and we couldn't really afford me in there that often with tests, so... we ignored that and just let him bring it up anytime I'm in there for something else.

Personally, I can gurantee that it is not due to a physical injury. I'm :pizza: ... not :boxing:

And I can't really think of anything that happened emotionally to cause it. I mean, a friend moved away, but we still kept in touch (to the point that, 6-7 years later we're still on the phone at least 2x a week, and we Yahoo almost nightly) so it didn't scar me that badly... I don't think.

I used the medication for about a week, then stopped because it was giving me killer headaches.

The "don't drink and always go" advice had already been being used.

I cannot accept the waking up in the middle of the night. It takes me forever to go to sleep, so that would completely ruin the entire night's sleep for me.

So we continued to use the goodnites that my parents had bought me initially, and limiting my fluid intake. That continued until about the time GN's went 'trim,' which is when they started leaking on me, so we switched to adult diapers.

I hated the GN's when I wore them, and I hated the adult diapers when I wore them, but I really didn't have much choice in the matter, so I slowly started to accept them. Eventually, I accepted them to the point that I'm on a site like this.

Anyway... a couple years ago, I was looking (yet again :( ) online for a way to cure it, and saw a site advertising cloth diapers for adults. They sounded really comfortable, so I convinced my parents to order me a few (along with the plastic pants). I really liked them, so I continued to use them until I moved off to college.

(Oddly enough, it was the thickness that made them so comfortable to me. It was almost as though it was the clear, "I'm not even bothering to pretend that I am something I'm not" of them that made them comfortable. I know that was one thing I despised about the GN's. They pretended to just be regular underwear, but they clearly are different.)

Now that I'm in college (with a roomie wou probably wouldn't appreciate my wet diapers sitting in the room until they get washed) I'm back to adult diapers with a booster in 'em to make sure they don't leak. Yes, he knows about it. I told him over the summer (never met before) just because I wanted to give him some time to find a different roomie if this would create problems. He's....as okay with it as someone who isn't a wetter can be. He gives me some privacy when I change, and doesn't mention it anyway.

It has slowly decreased though (after the initial increase). I started out at about 6-7 times/week, and it has slowly decreased to about 1/month

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a real bed wetter too :blush: It's something I never really outgrew. I was a typical bed wetter until I was about 12 y/o. I wore diapers to bed most nights until I was 9 or 10. That's when I outgrew the largest diaper and plastic pants Mom could easily find in stores. I was never punished for bed wetting. In fact, it wasn't really dealt with at all. I was just expected to outgrow it.

My wet nights did slow down to almost nothing but a couple of times a year through my teenage years. I found into my late 20's and on. I have been having "streaks" of bedwetting. I could be dry every night for weeks, even months or visa versa. I could have a few days or weeks of wet nights and then be dry again. It just depends...... I did seek medical help and found out I have an immature bladder. Simply put, I have the bladder capacity of an 8 y/o with a 8 ounce capacity. :rolleyes: I tried the various medications. Only one worked and I didn't like the side affects. So no more "drugs". I love my diapers and that’s what I'll wear to bed forever. If I wet it. That's all right. That's what diapers are for.

• 5 weeks later...

I wet the bed off and on until I was about 13 but when I was 18 I found beer and turned in to an alcoholic and started to wet the bed again. I'd wear diapers when I could and thought it was fun to wet the bed. BUT what about going to the tier with my friends or getting to drunk and sleeping at someones house .... Yes it turned into a pain in the ass. I sobered up 5 months ago and don't really wet the bed any more but if I want to pepsi works and I will also wet the bed if I don't go before bed

I also wet the bed almost every night until I was 15, and about once a week or so after that.

I was married at 23, and began wetting the bed again after the birth of our first child, a daughter, when I was 27. I was diagnosed with a spinal condition for which I had been largely asymptomatic until then. The earlier wetting was supposedly partly due to having an (non-sexually) abusive father.

I managed with a plastic undersheet and absorbent 'Kylie' items (large absorbent mats under the bottom sheet but above the plastic) until my wetting became nightly and was uncomfortable for my husband. With reluctance, I tried adult undergarments, and for cost and efficiency reasons, I finally began to wear toweling nappies and a plastic 'pilcher' (plastic pants over the toweling). I cried for hours the first night I spent in thses, which my husband had to pin me into.

While pregnant again at 29, I began to wet during the day. I was terrified it would become a permanent thing, The urologist said wait and see.

After the birth of a healthy son, I was still wetting during the day. I waited for things to improve, did Kegel exercises etc, but it felt like the condition was a relentless stalker, like a zombie after me. As soon as I droppede my concentration, or let my bladder fill too much, I had wet pants to deal with. I had worn daytime pads during the pregnancy, but I drew the line at nappies.

Eventually, my husband stepped in. We were going to visit my mum, a three hour drive away. Gerry put a nappy and pilcher on the bed as I came out of the shower, and said we weren't going unless I wore them. More tears, but finally a relaxed drive, a change at mum's, and I have worn daytime protection ever since.

Things developed from there, and I now help other people having trouble adjusting to a new life in nappies.

I wet the bed until I was about 12 or 13 and I hated it. I was never put back into diapers, and although I liked diapers as a fetish item by this time, I would have felt totally humilated had my mom even suggested it. It was bad enough when my mom spoke to the doctor about it, and even worse when I went to stay with anyone and she told them. I used to have this awful thick rubber sheet on my bed (not sexy latex type rubber, a kind of brown rubber that was more like canvas and was all cracked). That protected the matress, but I still ended up laying in puddles and wet pyjamas all the time, and this gave me awful bed sores.

I'd never want anyone go through that. My heart goes out to you guys.

Beth

• 4 weeks later...

You can certainly add me to the list but I although I wet every night I don't often wet the bed.

I wear Tena Slip Maxi which are the most absorbent nappies I know and over these I wear Gary Euroflex plastic pants which give me a pretty leakproof night.

I do have a rubber sheet on the bed too just in case.

Has anybody got any better suggestions for a comfortable night?

"I am a bedwetter." That's part of the 'mantra' I silently repeat as I fall asleep. It's what I was and what I'm trying to regain, so I guess I'm a bedwetter too :D I rarely had a dry night until I was 11-12 when I slowly began to get "better" :P At 18 I still wet my bed often enough to not be able to know whether I'd wake up wet or not. In my early to mid 20's I became dry at night-well sort of :huh: I had long ago discovered alcohol and if I went to bed drunk(which was often)I'd probably wake up wet. By 30 the "probably wake up wet" became a "might wake up wet"; the uncertainty was always there and my bedwetting was frequent enough to keep me worried :( I quit drinking in 2003 and wet the bed maybe once or twice a year after that.Priblem solved? Not quite.

To stay dry at night I was getting up just to pee 2-3 times a night or more. It took me 20 minutes to get back to sleep each time so I ended up not getting the rest I needed. I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression and found out that the lack of rest made the stress that brought on a depression episode worse :angry: I had discovered 'diapers' in my 20's when I used a pinned-on towel and laid down on a trash bag on the drunken nights when I was still sober enough to manage the chore(a sometimes thing since I was usually so smashed I either couldn't do it or didn't think anout it) :rolleyes: I knew I liked diapers for more than the practical reasons but I dared not explore the feeling, I had enough to deal with without that :o Having finally gotten the rest of my life sorted out my DL resurfaced to stay :) I wasn't sure where it would take me but I finally began wearing diapers to bed when I felt stressed. Then about a year ago I decided that diapers were the best solution to my lack of rest at night. It scared me to think I might become dependant on them but a few months ago I finally accepted the fact that I was better off wearing diapers to bed ^_^

Now I wear diapers to bed most nights. I lull myself to sleep with my 'mantra' and I pre-wet my diaper to remove any percieved need to stay dry. I still pee 2-3 times a night but now I do it barely awake, then go right back to sleep. Occasionally I luck out and pee in my sleep which makes my very happy when I discover that I've done it. That's what I want to happen and I no longer care if I do end up needing to be diapered at night. That's what bedwetters do, and I am a bedwetter B)

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wear diapers, and they get wet day or night- whats new, have been doing that since birth. Am I a bedwetter - no... I am a diaper wetter.

Bit of a wierd situation for me. I need nappies pretty much 24/7 but I have trouble wetting while lying down, so sometimes I dont go in my sleep and wake up aching with the need to go :(

Its not too much of a problem because as soon as I wake up I wet my nappy, but it can get really annoying if I cant get back to sleep!

i know that felling (the same thing happenes to me

The problem that both of you are facing is that you are kinking your urethra while you sleep. It may not even feel that tight, but while you are lying down, the pressure of your diaper kinks it. It is the pressure of a full bladder that is waking you both, and as soon as you move/sit up, the pressure changes and you evacuate your bladders. The solution is simple - don't put on the night diaper so tight. For an example, you should be easily able to place your hand in between the diaper and your waist. With both a cloth and a disposable, they will expand when wet, so the chance of a leak is remote. If you want to avoid this completely, wear a pair of loose plastic pants over the diaper.

• 8 months later...

I honestly don't remember whether I wet the bed or not when I was a child - my parents aren't the sort of make a fuss about it, so I guess either I didn't, or it just never made an impression on me. I started wetting the bed again when I was fourteen or fifteen and discovered alcohol. It only happened a couple of times a month, or if I'd been drinking, but it was often enough that I got a plastic sheet for my bed. I was old enough to be doing my own laundry and my parents worked full time, so I don't actually know how much they were aware of. Like I said, they're great about not prying. I've never been reliably dry since about that age - I have accidents occasionally, and almost always if I've been drinking. I can be dry for weeks, and then wet three nights in a row. Stress especially makes me wet the bed a lot. I just can't afford diapers every night, so mostly I stick to a plastic sheet and a bed pad just in case. If I've had any alcohol though, the Goodnights come out. :D

I wet the bed almost every night until I was nearly 15. At that point it was interfering with my social goals and my mental will power allowed me to develop the skill of waking up when I had to pee. It was bed wetting and not having diapers that first led me to wanting diapers so yes, I self identify as a bed wetter!

Now that I'm past all the reasons I had to wake up in the middle of the night, I'm slowly coming back to who I really am.

sort of off topic but as we all are bed wetters

how many of you remeber waking up as a child on Xmas morning all excide to see the gifts from santa

and were you changed before or after gift opening

did you use the diapers while waiting a turn to open gifts

Most of the bedwetters seem to have many years practice on here, but I'm a late starter.

I started just shortly after my 40th birthday, woke the girfriend up by wetting on her!, not the best start to any day.

I was wetting very occasionaly to start with, got down to the doctors for a check up after the second time I wet the bed thinking I might have an

UTI or somthing, nothing found but this started the big Urological investigation, Tests, tests and more tests, scans and medication.

All the time the bedwetting was getting very frequent, nearly every night within a month of it starting.

After three months I was having wetting problems during the daytime too, I was wearing pull ups during the daytime and Attends at night.

The I got a series of bad Uti's that made the wetting worse, I was still under investigation by the Urologist at this time.

After 18 months of nothing being found to cause the lack of bladder control I asked to see another urologist, this guy was far more interested than

the first one I seen, He ran all the tests again and said that I have an overactive bladder, but apparently so do a lot of people but most of them don't have very frequent incontinence. So he had a good look at my urinary tract and bladder with a scope again.

When I went for the results of the scan, which was done in the OR under general anaesthesia, he said that almost as soon as I had gone under the

anaesthetic my bladder had emptied, When he looked with the scope he found nothing in my bladder but at the base of my bladder where the spincter muscles are is some hardend scarring, possibly caused by the Uti's maybey there before from when this started and that with the overactive bladder

makes me wet.

Tried all the sprays and medications and didn't have much success with any of them but had horrible reactions to some of them.

I spent nearly two years using diapers 27/7 and now I wear a shieth and legbag during the daytime and diapers at nightime.

I have been a bed wetter most of my life I didnt start wearing diapers again untill i was 12 but prob should have sooner, I am now almost completely incon and wear 24/7 but for a majority of my life mostly been a bedwetter,,, and not even every night but 99.9% of the time i would say.