LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psychiatrists/psychologists/counsellors

DollyDiaper

Would you consult any of the above mental health professionals regarding your love of diapers/nappies?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consult any of the above mental health professionals regarding your love of diapers/nappies?

• Never have and never will
    • Never have but think you should
    • Never have but would like to
    • Have done in the past
    • Are currently

And thanks, I'm glad this poll still has legs. Amongst other reasons, I'm interested to hear how aware/informed the mental health professionals are in this area.

Hmm... For some reason I had it in my head that I'd answered in this tread but obviously not...

I hope they've at least been able to help you with your depression and I wish you well.

I saw a CPN a year back for a couple of months. He was the latest and hopefully last in a long line of psychology, psychiatry, mental health professionals and social workers that I've seen throughout most of my life and I can definitely testify to the previous suggestions that they are the insane people in this world.

I never mentioned the diaper thing because I too think it's none of their business and because I didn't want to be lectured or talked out of the one thing that kept me sane in darker days. Additionally, I know full well that with 9 out of 10 of them, if you mention something that they haven't been explicitly trained in dealing with, you just get a flat refusal to talk about it because "I don't feel qualified," regardless of how important the given subject is to your world-view.

The last guy I saw did help me deal with some nasty s*** but in general, I really don't have a very high opinion of head shrinkers... Cause more hassle than they solve.

• 3 weeks later...

<_ data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="19862" data-ipsquote-username="diaperdanger" data-cite="diaperdanger">

I only wear for fun, but do incontinent people have to see a therapists about wearing diapers?

I have spent more than a few sessions dwelling on being in diapers, it can kill your self esteem real quick. Some of us adjust well, some of us don't. At one point or another, I'm sure all of us hate it. Its odd to live in a society where you have a medical problem thats looked at as down right disgusting. But on a lighter note...

"Dammit Otto, you're an alcoholic."

"Dammit Otto, you've got lupus."

One of those two don't sound right.-Mitch Hedberg ;P

Hi anon, what made you decide not to tell the latter two? Did you not have a good response telling the first?

And thanks, I'm glad this poll still has legs. Amongst other reasons, I'm interested to hear how aware/informed the mental health professionals are in this area.

I hope they've at least been able to help you with your depression and I wish you well.

D :) lly

Hi Dolly,

Thanks.

I told my first shrink because my feelings about my orientation was a contributing factor to the (quite severe) depression. He was very profesional about it and provided me with some relief with regard to this paraphilia. I didn't tell the others because i'm still not comfortable discussing it, it wasn't revelent to subsequent therapy and I didn't want that issue coloring more important issues.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Anondl

• 1 month later...

I have been to many shrinks (mostly because of my parents wishes). They have tried many times to foil my love of diapers but with no such luck. I really don't like shrinks! My feeling is that they try to find something wrong with your life to forget what's wrong with their own. :screwy:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I don't need to see one for my AB/DLness. I am fine with it and it doesn't need to be fixed and what is there to understand? I just like wearing them and they make me happy and I be upset if they got taken from me.

I would speak of this were there a need to, but my being a DL is no problem to me either B) It might have been, but previous therapy and shrink-time showed me how to deal with my issues to prevent them from becoming problems before I came to realize I was a DL ;) Had it not happened in that order I would likely have a problem with this still :huh: You should never lie to the people trying to help you, but that doesn't mean that you have to tell them everything either. No problems means no need to speak of it :)

Bettypooh

I typically encourage most ABDLs to seek professional therapy. Most cases of infantilism are caused by some form of trauma.

I'm not saying people need treatment for infantilism, far from it. But, most infantilists have trauma there that warrants some care.

Seeing a sex therapist was probably one of the best decisions of my life. I'm more confident and capable in the dating world, and the bedroom as a result. And, I can truly write that while diapered.

I typically encourage most ABDLs to seek professional therapy. Most cases of infantilism are caused by some form of trauma.

I'm not saying people need treatment for infantilism, far from it. But, most infantilists have trauma there that warrants some care.

wow what a gross mis generalization there! to assume most cases of AB are caused by trauma. Seriously... i mean so i find the ab role play a sexual turn on because i was traumatized? people who find diapers a sexual turn on were almost all traumatized? even to say those who engage in ab behavior for non sexual reasons were almost all traumatized seems to be based... well no nothing more than observational annecdotal evidence based on those who chose to visit and post on ab/dl websites... which certainly are not an unbiased representation of those engaged in ab behavior...

I voted never have and never would. Never is a dangerous word. Say you will never do something and you do. The correct response, but was not on the list, have not and do not anticipate discussing it with a professional.

wow what a gross mis generalization there! to assume most cases of AB are caused by trauma. Seriously... i mean so i find the ab role play a sexual turn on because i was traumatized? people who find diapers a sexual turn on were almost all traumatized? even to say those who engage in ab behavior for non sexual reasons were almost all traumatized seems to be based... well no nothing more than observational annecdotal evidence based on those who chose to visit and post on ab/dl websites... which certainly are not an unbiased representation of those engaged in ab behavior...

I don't mean trauma as the raped-at-age-two or beaten-to-a-pulp.

From bedwetting, to being stuck in diapers longer than others, to being bullied at a young age, yes, I believe some trauma triggers most ABDLs to regress or link pleasure to diapers.

If you check the DD Survey, only 24% of respondants believe that trauma had no relation to their interest in diapers. Most responded that they can recall or believe that some experience of a traumatic nature led them back to diapers.

And, I suspect 24% is a high-bound number, not a low one.

My theory is not a generalization, and it certainly isn't gross.

And, with numbers like that... it only reinforces my recommendation that all ABDLs seek a sex therapist for evaluation. Again, there's nothing at all wrong with being an ABDL, but I think most ABDLs would benefit from the experience.

whatever i'm not going to debate the obvious lack of validity, reliability or adequate sample size in any DD survey....

however stating 'i believe..' and than followed by 'the majority of' is never a good idea unless you have more than a survey on fetish website to back you up.... thats all....

I believe the majority of people who post on this website are unemployed.. because i've talked to lots of people who aren't currently working so therefore the majority of people MUST be unemployed.. maybe unemployment causes abdls!

I have spoken with my mentor about this. I thought it was pertinent because she is helping me fight intimate personal demons, and I want to cure the trauma that this is covering. I have had a profound loss of innocence. I will probably still have an interest in diapers, etc. She treated it as a non issue, said that God will restore my innocence. Really, her only word of caution was that it could potentially halt progress. She is not only intelligent but also non judgemental, saw the positive effects of naturism, and treated every secret with respect and dignity. I don't see anyting wrong with being AB either from a moral standpoint. It is what it is: we are people with a great deal of pain in our pasts, whatever the cause, we have one thing in common, we like to regress to return to happier times, to be younger than we were when the trauma came. I am speaking from personal experience and what from I gathered from folks in chat.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen the same therapist numerous times over the past few years dealing with issues surrounding first a divorce and more recently the death of a child. He's aware of my fetish, and more recently my decision to become (or not fight against becoming) incontinent.

I have to say my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. He's be cautious, but supportive, and I like the opportunity to bounce my thoughts off of somebody who's emotionally removed from the situation...

• 2 weeks later...

I got a non judgemental and open minded reaction.

A little bit of curiosity, but they seem to have heard much more shocking stories.

They seemed to be more concerned about chemical dependancy issues and things that can harm self or others.

Yes it was very positive for me. Yes I told her everything. My mother dressing me as a girl till I was 8 years old. About how cruel my dad was with me. I have to wear diapers but that's just a facted. I told her about the bottles everything baby. My love of breast milk and how I use to buy it from mothers and would buy the mother all the supplies. I use to steal a bottle every now and then from my grand kids have 13. Breast milk is the very best and my wife breast feed me long after the kids were done I would keep her drained every day. The doctor said that Brest milk is a big fetish and the things I did were not uncommon. Hell I use to nurse when we went to the drive inn. Nursing bras are great and I wore out a few. My wife still takes very good care of me and I love her Moore then words can describe here or anywhere. I am a transgender male/to female and my wife is fine with that. I have girls nighties that my wife made for me. Like American girl, hello kitties,a lot of Disney prints short long and footed. The doctor said I'm perfectly normale I just like girls stuff. I have all the American girl dolls and my fav is Molly I just love her. Every Christmas I get something from American girls.