2. 2. Domestic or Impport?

• Domestic Car
    • Imported Car
  3. 3. Engine Size

• 4 Banger (cylinder)
    • V6
    • V8
    • Bigger!?!?!?!?

I just thought this would be a good conversation peice, i persoanly am a chevy fan, and love a car with speed an power, i love to race, (it is a retired police car, fair game!!!!!) hit 105 mph in a 35 mph zone one night!!!!! it was a rush! Tell me about your preference of cars and if you like to have fuel efficiency or power, does anybody here race too?

Thanks

gbw_dl

I like chevy's myself, I have a new silverado I got in december, 4wd short wheel base, and a 02 corvette, Zo6 I have that a few years, and last summer I got a new civic Lx coupe.

I drive the truck when it rains or snows, and the civic on nice days, and if it's really nice I drive the corvette, I'm trying to keep the mileage low, I want to get a new one next year.

But I also like jeeps I had 2 last year I traded the 04 rocky mtn. on the civic, and sold the cherokee 2dr I had after I got the new truck.

I'm a bit of a car nut....well more than a bit, well actullly.... I buy more cars than I need way too often, but I have an excuse "I'm a car nut"

post-8305-1209328308_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1209328393_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1209328429_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1209328308_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1209328393_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1209328429_thumb.jpg

I have a 1999 Aura TL 3.2. I don't have faith in most American cars anymore. I got my car at an awesome price from a dealer that knows my uncle, and he got me 1,000 dollars off the asking price! I had to make a couple modifications of course; a beefed up sound system, new tires and rims, and chrome fender trim. :drive1:

i love to race, (it is a retired police car, fair game!!!!!) hit 105 mph in a 35 mph zone one night!!!!!

As someone who has participated in sanctioned racing and won a few championships I gotta say... not cool. You probably think you're safe but at 18 you have 2 years of driving experience and I'm doubting that you've taken any formal classes in performance driving. Trust me when I say there's a lot that can go wrong, even if there are no other cars around to hit. If you want to go fast I'd encourage you to check out your local SCCA and participate in sanctioned solo 1 and solo 2 events or go down to the local drag strip but don't endanger the lives of others on public streets just so you can have a rush. Solo 2 also known as "autocross" is probably the best thing for you to get involved with as the community tends to be quite supportive and you'll be able to learn some real precision driving skills and you'll also be able to get your rush in a controlled and safe environment. It'll also make you a better driver all around.

Sorry for the rant but excessive speed on public roads is one of my buttons. Have fun, be safe. :)

I've got 3. Saturn SL1, VW Jetta, and Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder.

The Mitsu is my main car. The picture below is when I first got it. I've since made a few changes, so its a little different.

Gets pretty good gas mileage (considering its a sports car), has plenty of power, and is just plain fun to drive :-)

Guest Baby_brad

W00T I'm the only Chrysler owner in here! I have an 03 PT Cruiser GT (the hot rod)

100_2203.JPG

100_2199.JPG

(the missing grill has been fixed.... twice since I took those pictures.)

Guest Baby_brad

I leave my racing to the track, have an abandoned track bout an hour from my house that I tear up.. Still like to taunt cops.. do 10 under, go right next to the cop, drop a gear and slam it until I hit the speed limit... high 5's for 0-60 on a little 4 banger isn't bad if I do say so my self.

I have a 2005 Audi A6 Turbo. This is a 4 door saloon car.

Generally I prefer European cars to modern American ones. I say modern, because I'm a big fan of 60s muscle cars. Mustangs, Dodge Chargers, Fire birds, stuff like that. I like the way they sound and look. I would like a Charger but the local roads are too narrow for it.

Beth

I vote with my daily driver though I have a motorcycle I ride regularly. I've also got a few more but they are more like weekend vehicles. Too bad I can't vote multiple times for all of them.

I leave my racing to the track, have an abandoned track bout an hour from my house that I tear up.. Still like to taunt cops.. do 10 under, go right next to the cop, drop a gear and slam it until I hit the speed limit... high 5's for 0-60 on a little 4 banger isn't bad if I do say so my self.

Your not talking the PT here I assume, the Turbo doesn't have those specs..and four bangers with nitrous are just plain cheat'n :P BTW a non turbo PT has a 0-60 at 8.5 seconds. A turbo like yours is rated at 6.7 seconds. You would need over 100 more horse than stock to get it down to the 5's with the gear ratio you have, and then you would need tires that could plant it...ohhh yeah and a new tranny which will blow once you drop the petal ! Don't fart with the old farts!

And yes street racing is for losers..that being the guy that comes in 2nd, no seriously not good!. You would see that just about disappear if you did it like we did...Title for Title, that is if you had the title other than that nobody would race you. I kept the title in my glove box on my Vette, funny nobody would race?

I have a 1999 Aura TL 3.2. I don't have faith in most American cars anymore. I got my car at an awesome price from a dealer that knows my uncle, and he got me 1,000 dollars off the asking price! I had to make a couple modifications of course; a beefed up sound system, new tires and rims, and chrome fender trim. :drive1:

Sorry don't wanna rain on your parade either DanDan, but $1000 off the asking price wasn't even a deal. Even if you bought it used. But hey at least you got a "deal". Ever seen the ads on TV for new cars with $3000 under factory Invoice (Cost)..And you think their losing any money or doing us a favor? No seriously, Nice car. I used to think I was getting a deal with $3000 off sticker. I bought a Conquest TSI off the lot at $4800 under sticker when I was 20 and thought I had made the deal of the century..my father just laughed.

Boy times are changing.. Rim's and Tires and Stereo's, Body work and Paint was the last thing we did to our cars. All the money went to the engine, we didn't call them beaters or hoopties back then, they were called Sleepers. if it didn't make the car faster..the cassette deck could wait! Our sound and Pride came from the pipes, not the stereo and the rims. But hey Like I said above things were different back in "the Day" Have fun crusing ya'll.

Oh one last one, You don't have a sports car unless you have two seats, 4 seats..it's a sport coupe. Check your insurance!

I bought a Conquest TSI off the lot at $4800 under sticker when I was 20 and thought I had made the deal of the century..my father just laughed.

It's all relative, it depends on the car you have and the policies of the manufacturer (holdbacks, kickbacks, incentives, margin, etc). My previous car was a WRX and I bought it shortly after it was introduced. I paid $500 under MSRP and that WAS a deal for that car at that time (May 2001, I'm sure you can get them at or below invoice as they aren't hard to get anymore and other manufacturers have since come out with competing models). They were backordered for several months so the dealers could get whatever they wanted and some were charging over invoice. With my current car I paid $300 under invoice with 0% financing and that was a good deal too as most people were paying about 3% over invoice. Using all the consumer boards $300 under was pretty much the lowest people were getting. I played the dealers off of one another via email and after about a month of talking (I waited to deal until a day before their quota and found a dealer that hadn't met quota yet) and ended up getting the deal I wanted.

Ahhh yes new car fever!..WRX remember it well..Mitsubishi came out and challenged that little number. I guess my point was (without hijacking this thread further) The only one that gets a good deal is the manufactures and to some extent the dealers. Although many cars are marked up by demand that's no reason for someone to buy them, straight into the dealers pocket for something that can be had for thousands cheaper in a few months. PT Crusiers and the Prowler and even the Viper, Challenger and Charger come to mind (I'm getting a Chrysler conspiracy here). Heck even my Typhoon was marked up by the dealer, I just sat on my rear and waited. In a year I bought mine used with 2000 miles on it, for $10,000 less than the Guy that just had to have it!

I was younger and loved my cars, now they are just transportation. They never were a status symbol, I just drove what was the fastest, best handling cars. Whether I made them or bought them, I guess in hind site they probably were what most people considered a status symbol. But that was usually the ones who had them and couldn't drive them.

So to close this with the appropriate post..my favorite car right now is a 1983 Chrysler Cordoba (little old 318) It's ugly as hell, but runs like new. It's got 276,000 miles and I payed nothing for it. Sure I put money into it, the better part of $200 for a ride that has given me no trouble for two years. Hey I got all the luxury. Power windows, Locks, even a power seat. Cruise, Tilt even A/C. The price is hard, a rusted out piece of crap..or the money I saved in insurance and payments for something that's gonna look worse than mine in 10 years if it's still on the road. My Thoughts are new cars are a waste of money and time..the insurance is ungodly..you pay for piece of mind and rarely use it if at all. Blah on it all.. I'm driving my junk around, then getting another one if it blows.. Peace everybody :D:P

Well, I answered to poll as close as I could, You didnt have the right number of cylinders listed

for my car. I have a Geo Metro with 3 cylinders. It has a total of 52 horsepower with a 993cc motor.

It gets an easy 50 miles per gallon of gas! I am looking at adding hydrogen injectors

to increase the miles per gallon to over 100!. :excl:

I use to have a BIG ford F350 with a 7.5L motor, got 10mpg gas. Had two tanks

for a total of 45 gallons. I sold it over a year ago because it was costing me over $130

to fill. Now it would have cost me over $170....... :angry:

I miss my truck, but dont miss the prices at the pump. :drive1:

Radioman

I prefer my imports. Right now, I have a 1987 Honda Civic, the 4WD model. Six speeds with that super low gear for going through the mud or the snow, and it gets 35 miles per gallon for me. The RPMs are a little high at Interstate speeds, but otherwise it's a good car. It just needs a radiator.

• 1 month later...

2005 dodge 1 ton lifted 6 inch truck

2003 dodge durango 4x4

2008 R 1200 RT BMW

2001 suk Hyabusa

2000 Duck ss 850

1984 toyota changed into a WE-ROCk class truck running 38 inch tires dual case all the toys

a/buggy rail runs 100 yd sand drags in 3.8 sec

1968 hurst dart

1963 super falcon ex a/fx drag car out of LA area

1936 bantam rodster ex aa/alter for early 60's

only difference between men and boys is the wet pants and price of toys

I'm sure everyone has heard of www.cardomain.com. I go there quite often to check out what people have done to their cars. I am planning on putting my car on there, before and after pics. I plan to beef up the stereo system, put on 18" rims with low profile tires and I already have a spoiler painted and ready to be put on.

I have a 99 ford exploder. 4x4 with the 4.0 sohc motor. everything on the truck is stock, except for the strobe lightbar, siren, and various antennas. I use it for fire and EMS response locally, plus I use it as a demo model, because I sell and install lights and sirens to some of the local fire and ambulance depts. It isnt the newest thing out there but it gets the job done.