LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

I don't think punching additional holes is the answer. More than likely if your stent is to soft it maybe getting pinched when laying down. Another thought is the long end inserted in to the bladder may hit the balder wall closing off the end of the stent. Have you thought of shorting the part entering the bladder?

Remember a Folly Catheter inserted correct has very little inside the bladder and the balloon helps to keep bladder away from the opening.

We all have a slightly different design for our stents. Below is what has worked well for me. I have since this photo was taken shortened the area above the ferrule. With this design I drip regardless of body position. While laying down I may leak less and experience a rush when standing but there is no stopping the drip.

On 4/8/2016 at 4:31 PM, Loveable_guy said:

I don't think punching additional holes is the answer. More than likely if your stent is to soft it maybe getting pinched when laying down. Another thought is the long end inserted in to the bladder may hit the balder wall closing off the end of the stent. Have you thought of shorting the part entering the bladder?

Remember a Folly Catheter inserted correct has very little inside the bladder and the balloon helps to keep bladder away from the opening.

We all have a slightly different design for our stents. Below is what has worked well for me. I have since this photo was taken shortened the area above the ferrule. With this design I drip regardless of body position. While laying down I may leak less and experience a rush when standing but there is no stopping the drip.

On ?2016?-?03?-?21 at 6:55 PM, cathdiap said:

Instead of the word overturn I should have written "fold inside". I do that using the tip of a knitting needle.

On 13 april 2016 at 11:40 PM, InD said:

I've read, re-read and attempted what feels like a million times, but folding over the silicone is nearly impossible!

Looks like a different kind of Stent that I had. I had a huge kidney stone that wouldn't pass. They surgically put a Stent in me that went clear up into the kidney and pushed the stone out of the uritor back into the kidney as it was getting backed up and getting infected. Had it for a few months until they did the sound wave surgery to break the stone up so it was small enough to pass. Then they took the Stent out. Never wet myself uncontrollable, did feel like I had to pee all of the time, but only a small squirt would pass.

Hey guys. I'm interested in trying this out, but I'm a bit worried about it all.

Where exactly does it go? They look so small, I can't imagine the distance. With a foley catheter, it's just a big tube that eventually hits the bladder right? I don't want it to get lost inside of me (because how can I even explain that...) I was planning on ordering a foley catheter off of amazon to arrive this week, but I'm wonderingi f the stent is the safer and more interesting option. I heard a horror story of someone blowing up the catheter balloon in the urethra and it wrecked everything haha... D:

I've read that many prefer the stent to a catheter because of the way the wetting works... but is there a simplistic catheter design that doesn't do the balloon thing?

I'm new to this kind of stuff (not diapers but the incontinence), any help would be appreciated. Loveable_Guy, that design looks so nice! Do you have a tutorial on how to make yours that I could use?

twisty, I think most of the experienced stent users on this board would recommend you start with catheters and work your way up. There is far more information on how to insert a catheter to be found and a lot of it was produced by medical professionals.

Play safe and stay wet.

12 minutes ago, Loveable_guy said:

twisty, I think most of the experienced stent users on this board would recommend you start with catheters and work your way up. There is far more information on how to insert a catheter to be found and a lot of it was produced by medical professionals.

Play safe and stay wet.

Cool, thanks! Yeah better to be safe. How was the experience for you the first time you tried a catheter?

• 2 weeks later...

I too started out with catheters but they caused me much more harm and created much more problems than a stent.

A catheter which is too small will move around in you bladder and urethra and will most likely irritate like crazy.

So if you want to go with a catheter finding the right size from the get go is of the upmost importance if you want to experience the right feel.

To my opinion there are some downsides to catheters, you will not feel yourself pee your diaper it will get wet and at one point or another you will have to change it.

Dlnoir can't say I complete agree with you when you saying skip the catheter learning and go right to stents. Here is why, catheter play allows you to understand what is going on down there. How far, what size and what it feels like. Not to mention I believe they first few times I used a catheter I found a lot of discomfort when removing and afterwards. However with

I made my first stent the other day out of a 14fr intermittent catheter. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!! :D

I use the remainder of the catheter as an insertion tool.

When I first got it in place properly and put my (cheap) diaper on, I was sitting on my bed doing stuff on my computer and when I got up a couple hours later there was a wet spot on my bed. It felt amazing because I wet my diaper and bed and didn't have the sensation of having a catheter in! I can feel myself peeing but I didn't realize how much I was.

I can't describe how excited I am that this works so well! I'm gonna start seeing how long I'm willing to keep it in. Gonna have to start getting better diapers! :P

13073115_1078491175506785_732522672_o.jpg

Well Loveable-guy, I understand what you are saying, and in all fairness you have a point.

Then again if you were to ask all the members whom like to experiment with catheters or stents, you get a lot of different answers.

You

On April 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Pamperable said:

Drainage was fun - often it built up and then released a bunch when I got up from sitting, and of course just walking around, very

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, how about maintenance and care for the stents? I assume you are re-using the stents...so how long before you have to discharge them and make replacements, what are the signs that the stent needs to be replaced by a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk