LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Call for Respect for Religious Beliefs

Dr_J

Oh whats a good meme quote for this... I have no respect for anyone that hasn't earned it. If my words offend you then likely you needed offending. People just haven't gotten the whole this is the internet and what someone else says, does, or believes has no bearing on themselves. If I say the sky is green and you're all damned to hell. How does this effect you I ask? It shouldn't matter because at the end of the day you are all fucking 1010101010101010s to me and when I turn off my computer, cell phone,or tablet you are all ghosts and figments of my dementia in this diluted mind of mine.

• Like 1

You can pray anywhere no matter what religion,public schools cannot force it . ..From what I have seen, some peoe used a huglely common expression that you didn't like and you told them they could not say it bececuase it offends ur religion and they pulled a lol and sarcasim reply..

Kk first off this has NO comparison to gender/lbgt issues... Those are not beliefs but personal attributes... Religion is nothing more then a personal belief, aka, opinion, and people have the right to disagree whether you like it or not. Now unless someone blaiently harrashed you with true malice because of your religious beliefs then yeah it needs to be dealt with, but if you cannot agree with someone's choice of word solely based off the fact that your religion doesn't like it...then the only problem is u throwing your religion in their face. Why would anyone else have to adhear to your religious ideals and apologize for talking in a conversation that obviously had nothing to do with you in the first place...

Religion needs to be kept out of this site, too much variety and possiblity of people being offended over nothing.

well schools except for private ones have taken it out, along with the pledge, yet they allow muslim prayer time, like a special exception is made, my point is if you take out one, you block it you cant allow any, its separation of church and state, if they want to separate, they have to separate completely and not say "well you get a pass"

well schools except for private ones have taken it out, along with the pledge, yet they allow muslim prayer time, like a special exception is made, my point is if you take out one, you block it you cant allow any, its separation of church and state, if they want to separate, they have to separate completely and not say "well you get a pass"

You do realize the difference here, yes? Muslim prayer time is people who are Muslim gather together and pray privately. Banned Christian prayer usually falls along the lines of prayers read over a PA, or a class-led prayer at the beginning of an hour. When I was in high school, the Christians gathered at one spot, prayed together, and everything was fine.

So, private prayer=okay, regardless of denomination, public school prayer=not okay, because of church/state, etc.

As to the OP, he should have been able to register his disgust and be treated fairly for his opinion, but that's about it. Telling people to follow your religious beliefs because you're in the room is ludicrous.

It's surprising that a community whose rules are summarized as 'Don't Be an Ass' would so vehemently defend it's right ignore a member's request for people to stop actively disrespecting his religious beliefs.

• Like 5

I went to public school, when I was in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade, we had one student, key word being ONE, that was a Jehova's witness. Because of this one students belief system, ALL holiday celebrations had to be cancelled, no Christmas, no Halloween, no birthday parties, no groundhogs day etc. I made the comment of "why doesn't she just go to a private school?" The school administration jumped down my throat as if I sacrificed the school mascot on the front lawn. I was told that I needed to be sensitive to her religious beliefs, even though she was infringing on the beliefs of the rest of the student body.

To the op, imagine if I moved to your town and brought my non religious, non political, and non sexual orientation views with me, no church, no voting, and no dating/marriage, and the whole town had to conform to those beliefs regardless of the majority. Wouldn't be a fun place would it?

Welcome to the internet

if any place were to ban all words that people find offensive the only way we could talk is with numbers and letters but then thos would get banned because someone would get upset when the community starts using un banned numbers and letters as bad numbers and letters this is a fact and the reason why words are never banned out right and never should be

I went to public school, when I was in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade, we had one student, key word being ONE, that was a Jehova's witness. Because of this one students belief system, ALL holiday celebrations had to be cancelled, no Christmas, no Halloween, no birthday parties, no groundhogs day etc. I made the comment of "why doesn't she just go to a private school?" The school administration jumped down my throat as if I sacrificed the school mascot on the front lawn. I was told that I needed to be sensitive to her religious beliefs, even though she was infringing on the beliefs of the rest of the student body.

To the op, imagine if I moved to your town and brought my non religious, non political, and non sexual orientation views with me, no church, no voting, and no dating/marriage, and the whole town had to conform to those beliefs regardless of the majority. Wouldn't be a fun place would it?

Welcome to the internet

that school was flat out wrong, why infringe on the rest just because one believes differently? that one can wait in a hall or something or read a book. when i hear others talking about something i dont like i dont tell them they cant talk about it(the thing i normally dont like to hear is religion, makes me want to hulk out but i restrain myself),

that school was flat out wrong, why infringe on the rest just because one believes differently? that one can wait in a hall or something or read a book. when i hear others talking about something i dont like i dont tell them they cant talk about it(the thing i normally dont like to hear is religion, makes me want to hulk out but i restrain myself),

I can sum it up in one word on why the school conformed to this one students beliefs: LAWSUIT!

Welcome to the internet

In the UK, at least when I was in school, we learnt about religions in RE... But there wasn't much religion practiced at school, which is good... School is meant to be for learning, not indoctrination.

• Like 1