LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Kills A Story For You?

I know I will probably get attacked for saying this, but here goes... I hate the word nappy.  I wish there was a way to convert any story you read from "nappy" to "diaper".  I don't like it when people say a pull up is a diaper, it isn't.  Any type of sex in the story. I also hate the amazon theme from a distant planet. 

I don't like sissyfication. 

I also don't like too much poop. There's a pretty well know author on here who clearly likes poop and his character poops at least 5 times a day. i can only read those when i'm in the mood.

I hate when there's an obsession with sex/ or men making "stickies" in their diapers. Like its ok every once and a while, just don't obsess over it.

I also too many changes in "changing rooms" for adult characters if they are pretending to be a baby and its a regular world. I find it confining. I like the occasional outside change/ this restroom has no changing table, i have to change you on the floor, so you might get caught by someone. 

• 4 weeks later...

One of my pet peeves is when stories have "diaper rules" enforced by someone who has no reason to want those rules in place. If your adult loved one is having accidents lately and you've gotten them diapers to prevent messes, you're not going to randomly decide that the bathroom is off-limits, they can't change themselves and they have to wear clothes that reveal their diapers out of the blue. Either have the character imposing the rules have a fetish or something motivating them, or else have the circumstances explain why those are actually a good idea (for example I usually introduce someone else doing changes by having the same phenomenon that causes the incontinence also impair hand function). And if it's intended to hint at a fetish, have the character who is given those rules have a realistic reaction. Unless they're a child or exceptionally naive, someone having elaborate and unnecessary rules around diapers should raise questions.

On a related note, I hate when a story suddenly reveals that a side character just happens to have a diaper fetish out of the blue with no setup, just to get even more diapering involved. For example, one of my favorite ABDL stories, I basically pretend that the last chapter doesn't exist for this reason. Prior to that chapter, the whole story is about a younger brother infantilizing his older brother so his parents will see him as the more mature son (with mixed success). In the last chapter, the story suddenly reveals that the MC actually wants to be infantilized, too, and the mother conveniently happens to want to forcibly infantilize both of her sons. It's such a jarring twist ending to an otherwise excellent story.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Elbs said:

One of my pet peeves is when stories have "diaper rules" enforced by someone who has no reason to want those rules in place. If your adult loved one is having accidents lately and you've gotten them diapers to prevent messes, you're not going to randomly decide that the bathroom is off-limits, they can't change themselves and they have to wear clothes that reveal their diapers out of the blue. Either have the character imposing the rules have a fetish or something motivating them, or else have the circumstances explain why those are actually a good idea (for example I usually introduce someone else doing changes by having the same phenomenon that causes the incontinence also impair hand function). And if it's intended to hint at a fetish, have the character who is given those rules have a realistic reaction. Unless they're a child or exceptionally naive, someone having elaborate and unnecessary rules around diapers should raise questions.

On a related note, I hate when a story suddenly reveals that a side character just happens to have a diaper fetish out of the blue with no setup, just to get even more diapering involved. For example, one of my favorite ABDL stories, I basically pretend that the last chapter doesn't exist for this reason. Prior to that chapter, the whole story is about a younger brother infantilizing his older brother so his parents will see him as the more mature son (with mixed success). In the last chapter, the story suddenly reveals that the MC actually wants to be infantilized, too, and the mother conveniently happens to want to forcibly infantilize both of her sons. It's such a jarring twist ending to an otherwise excellent story.

In other words, good story mechanics.  :) 

Whether it's a diaper story or not, this is story-writing 101.

56 minutes ago, Elbs said:

You don't like it, when the entire neighborhood is full of ABs? That only happens in Wisconsin.

29 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

You don't like it, when the entire neighborhood is full of ABs? That only happens in Wisconsin.

Some of us do like reading stories where our suspension of disbelief isn't buoyed by our erections.  ;) 

I have nothing to add to the discussion, but *man* does this thread just refuse to die. If you told me when I posted it that it'd still be getting responses eight years later, I'd be like, "What, you know the future? Oh my god! Tell me what happens!" 

But also I'd be surprised that this is still getting responses. 

One thing that will turn me away from a story is if it's a diaper dimension story. 

Lack of quotation marks and paragraphs. 

• Haha 1

For me stories in general aren't necessarily meant to be realistic. Characters can behave in irrational or imperfect ways to satisfy the fantasy. They are there to be a ride-along point of view for people who might actually kind of want to be diapered, even if the character says they he or she doesn't, which also reflects the reader. A story loses me if it goes into hysterical opposition, real trauma, violence, etc, to being diapered, rather than the character only putting up a half-hearted effort to resist it with mixed feelings about the experience, to reflect what a reader might experience in the same situation, even if they don't express all that and from the story's POV appear to have no desire for diapers.

• Like 1

I think the biggest thing that turns me away from a story is an underage character in a clear kink scenario. I get if you like the schoolgirl kink or something, but you can easily come up with a way where the character would be in that situation in her twenties. Its fine if its fantasy imo, just have mature characters.

I think another thing would be characters who begin anti-AB stuff but fall in love with it the minute they try it without an explanation that makes sense in the story. Character was possessed by a wizard to like diapers? Sure. Character hated the idea then suddenly became aroused by it? No. Add to that, and often tied to it, is that being diaper immediately makes them incontinent.

Another thing, which I know some will agree with but it is a personal taste, is that I actually prefer when these kinds of stories don't take themselves too seriously. I always think of ABDL as like a dessert, Just fun and quick. Reading very serious stories that aren't really AB but involve the kink always feels odd, like if half way through LOTR Frodo suddenly demanded a diaper change. Its my own taste and I know others disagree

19 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Where is this neighbourhood in Wisconsin? And when do their travel regulations end?

• Like 1
On 12/2/2020 at 7:22 AM, Glennie said:

I know I will probably get attacked for saying this, but here goes... I hate the word nappy.  I wish there was a way to convert any story you read from "nappy" to "diaper".  I don't like it when people say a pull up is a diaper, it isn't.  Any type of sex in the story. I also hate the amazon theme from a distant planet. 

Glennie I love your wisdom and I agree. If people actually took the time to read the true origin of the word nappy, I am sure many would cease to use the word. It is such a derogatory word and many use it freely. Love you glennie and hope you and yours the best.

I have to be totally honest here. I am not AB nor am I anti AB. I am a total DL and have been over four decades. Many of you want to hear stories, and thats fine with me because many cannot handle the truth. I recieve hate mail daily so to me its nothing new getting the rash of haters. On this site I have made many AB and DL friends. I do admit that I have also had many AB people here block me because I refuse to give in to the mommy demands and the suckling of breasts and the bottles of milk. I also have DL people block me because I am an avid writer and lover of true poop stories. I do enjoy a good pee, but it really does nothing for me. Many don't want to hear anything about love and companionship or marriage. There are many introverts here and I have nothing against that. What I dont like is when they push their lonliness on others. I go to work and I go home. Occasionally me and my wife love the enjoyment of kicking it and going out dancing and having fun. I would rather stay home and enjoy diaper sex. Thats another thing, many dont want to hear about sex. Sex is natural and an act of love. I was never sheltered as a child nor was I ever subjected to any form of censorship. I speak totally for myself when I say I did masturbate from the age of ten and I did start having sex at fourteen. I did not go bragging to my parents nor did I ever tell them of my love for diapers. I had a girlfriend and boyfriend all during middle school and high school. I have never told anyone the total truth of what happened to my girlfriend from back in high school. I just tell everyone she moved. The actual truth is she committed suicide. She made the mistake of telling her parents she enjoyed diapers, and at the age of sixteen she was placed in a mental institution and given many drugs. Her first day back home at seventeen she was found with a sheet around her neck hanging from a rafter in her basement. This is my reason for never telling anyone anything, especially about diapers. I will take many secrets to my grave and I do not regret anything I have done in my life. I know many people will love me or hate me for being so brutally honest. This is life and life happens for real. There is no sugar coating. I would also love to stress the point of profiles... ABOUT ME me means just that. Tell others what you like or prefer, or even something about yourself. This is not You Bet Your Life with Groucho Marx hosting ! I honestly look at profiles and like to know a little something about the people I chat with, and want to know ahead of time what to ask and what to stay away from. I know many will say I am full of shit, but I will post just one of my hate mail New Years wishers. I removed their name because I believe that person will contact me and apologize like many others have once they know I am for real. I love the people here and I wish them all the best. Please for everyones sake learn to love each other and get along. Politics and religion do not belong here and many will use it as a crutch. Life is too short for so much hate !

ice_screenshot_20210103-042656.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

@Evelyn Dellcerro

I'm sorry that you had to experience that.  I'm fairly certain I know who that was, and I know why he was banned, it's not the first time he was banned (and yes I know his last sock puppet was female-presenting), and you are not alone in taking that kind of abuse from him.  But I'm definitely sorry it happened. 

Meanwhile, I would like to emphasize that "slice of life" type stories are welcomed here, along with diaper sex and a whole lot of other things.  Me personally?  Not into graphic poop stuff.  No judgment, lots of people are.  But I've written on a great many topics on this forum, and never has anyone told me I "shouldn't write that because people don't want to hear it".  I've touched on the topics of aging and dying.  I've written about all manner of relationships, including poly. 

The only truly verboten topic is pedophilia.  They will ban you for that.  

Write what inspires you.  If you tell the story well, you'll have an audience here.  :)   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WBDaddy said:

@Evelyn Dellcerro

I'm sorry that you had to experience that.  I'm fairly certain I know who that was, and I know why he was banned, it's not the first time he was banned (and yes I know his last sock puppet was female-presenting), and you are not alone in taking that kind of abuse from him.  But I'm definitely sorry it happened. 

Meanwhile, I would like to emphasize that "slice of life" type stories are welcomed here, along with diaper sex and a whole lot of other things.  Me personally?  Not into graphic poop stuff.  No judgment, lots of people are.  But I've written on a great many topics on this forum, and never has anyone told me I "shouldn't write that because people don't want to hear it".  I've touched on the topics of aging and dying.  I've written about all manner of relationships, including poly. 

The only truly verboten topic is pedophilia.  They will ban you for that.  

Write what inspires you.  If you tell the story well, you'll have an audience here.  :)   

I will never condone any type of abuse of a child, whether physical, mental, verbal, sexual or emotional and I will stop it with every breath of my being. I am a firm and true believer of karma. My own brother that I love, but will never, ever  forgive for his mental, verbal, and emotional abuse of his son. It hurts me to think of the pain and suffering he will recieve in HELL !! My nephew, the apple of my eye and the core of my love which has brought so much joy and happiness to myself and my wife and to his grandmothers. He will bare the scares of his abuse his for entire life but he has the love and support of me and my wife. 

When you watch television and hear all these abuse lawyers making a buck on the backs of children that suffered sexual abuse at the hands of clergy and counsellors its appalling. I believe there is a HELL for these people and God forgive me, may they suffer your full wrath !!  I believe I have ranted long enough and @WBDaddy Thank you so much sweetie for your kind words and support. This site is a second home for me and it is a place of solace for many. Love you all for the support you have given me in such a short time. I humbly take a curtsy and wish you all the best in love and prosperity. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm not personally a fan of characters that already enjoy the ab/dl kink. I preferably enjoy when they are against it or are tricked/manipulated into it.

Suspense is always welcomed!

• Like 2

I can't stand stories that are poorly written. I'm talking about the ones that sound like it's written by someone who is currently horny.  You know what I'm talking about. 

I also can't stand any fantasy stories that "take place in another world/dimension" or characters that are animals. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Lack of the basic components of story-telling puts me off.  What do the characters, especially the protagonist and antagonist, want?

• Why do they want it?
  • What is preventing them from getting it?
  • How do they try to reach it?

Technical problems such as poor spelling, grammar, etc., I can deal with, but the lack of a story in a story is a time wasting endeavor for the reader as well as the writer.

Edit:  Add these  to my list:

• Improper contractions such as gonna for going to, wanna for want to, etc.  Yes, we, including I, use them in our daily speech, but for me, readability drops below sea level when they are used outside of quotation marks, and if used more than a couple times within QMs.
  • Excessive use of contractions, "proper" or otherwise.  
  • Stories that ramble round and round and are not stories.  With no beginning, middle, and end, how can it be a story?

Edited by Ohmo
Adding some more dislikes.

This isn't so much a story problem, but a Kindle problem. I have noticed more and more Kindle books that are 30-50% links and ads and other stuff that isn't story. When I find that, I reduce how many ever stars I was going to give the book by how much they wasted my time. So if half your "book" is ads for other books, your 4 star rating is now 2 stars, and I am not getting any more of your books. I also leave a review with why I gave it that rating. 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

This isn't so much a story problem, but a Kindle problem. I have noticed more and more Kindle books that are 30-50% links and ads and other stuff that isn't story. When I find that, I reduce how many ever stars I was going to give the book by how much they wasted my time. So if half your "book" is ads for other books, your 4 star rating is now 2 stars, and I am not getting any more of your books. I also leave a review with why I gave it that rating. 

Yeah, it can get a bit ridiculous. 'Other books by this author' at the start of a book should never be more than a single page, and any backmatter shouldn't increase the pagecount by a significant amount. 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

What do you think of forum (ANY forum for ANY topic) posts that include links to just about everything they've ever done as part of their signature?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

What do you think of forum (ANY forum for ANY topic) posts that include links to just about everything they've ever done as part of their signature?

I'm not paying for the forum, I am paying for the book, so ignoring all the excess in a forum post is not a problem. Compare it to going shopping and buying a case (24 cans of soda) and finding only 12-15 cans in the case.

4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

A little obnoxious if there's dozens of links, but most forums let people hide signatures, and my eyes tend to gloss over them anyways! 

• 1 month later...

Another thing that kills a story for me is babying a character I've projected upon. I'm unusual in this forum in that I'm exclusively Dominant, and have absolutely no interest in wearing or using diapers or being babied. And especially would hate the idea of being forced into it. So, if you have an engaging Dominant figure whose motivations make sense and appeal to me, I'll project upon them, and I'll want them to never be put in the submissive role.

I do like Dominants being babied in other contexts, though, because I like role reversal. For example, one of the few Diaper Dimension stories I enjoyed ended up with a nasty, unlikeable bitch of an Amazon using a skin cream designed for Littles out of sheer vanity and getting regressed by it. I enjoyed that. But a big part of why I did was that she had assistants I projected upon who were also Amazons and didn't get regressed, and that brought in the role reversal element with someone becoming Mommy to her former boss. It seems like I'll only enjoy a Dominant getting regressed if I've identified more strongly with another Dominant in the story.

• 1 month later...

I was just reminded of something that can kill a story for me the moment I start reading.

Telling me in the intro how average and unremarkable your protagonist is.

Chapter 1 is your chance to show me why I should care about the people in your story - why would you start by telling me I SHOULDN'T care?!