• odor
    • finding a place to change
    • leaks in public
    • crinkle/ sound
    • wetting /messing imeadiatly after a fresh diaper change
    • changing in a public bathroom
    • making sure you are properly stocked
    • other (please post reason)

i think all of these things can be an issue, but the worst thing i have found you dont have listed. that is finding a partner that can accept the fact that its not something that you choose and you cant just turn it off. i have had no luck in finding someone that i can have a real relationship with due to my incon. it would be nice to find an incon girl so i know we both share the same problem and dont try and belittle each other about it. for one i'm not a/b so i dont want to be treated as a baby. i am just a man that has to wear diapers for a medical condition. well i better stop now or this could be a very long rant.

i have to agree with this one too

Finding a place to change.

I have a horrible time trying to find a place to change sometimes. I prefer to lay down because I can get a better fit that way, but I know that isn't always possible. Usually it comes down to using a public restroom and I would almost rather leak and wait until I get home than use one. The reason being is not because I am afraid of someone overhearing, it for hygiene purposes. Even though the restroom might *look* clean, it's all the bacteria swimming around that you have to worry about. The Walmart where I work, it is at least a weekly occurrence that someone urinates all over the bathroom or (more often) manages to get/spread feces all over the toilets, walls and floors. Sadly, it happens in the women's bathroom as much, if not more then in the men's restroom. And we actually have a maintenance crew that clean fairly often, so imagine some of these places that only get cleaned on a weekly basis or so.

Yeah, so I would much rather people notice my diapers than have to deal with the bacteria-ridden public restrooms. :glare:

Finding a place to change.

I have a horrible time trying to find a place to change sometimes. I prefer to lay down because I can get a better fit that way, but I know that isn't always possible. Usually it comes down to using a public restroom and I would almost rather leak and wait until I get home than use one. The reason being is not because I am afraid of someone overhearing, it for hygiene purposes. Even though the restroom might *look* clean, it's all the bacteria swimming around that you have to worry about. The Walmart where I work, it is at least a weekly occurrence that someone urinates all over the bathroom or (more often) manages to get/spread feces all over the toilets, walls and floors. Sadly, it happens in the women's bathroom as much, if not more then in the men's restroom. And we actually have a maintenance crew that clean fairly often, so imagine some of these places that only get cleaned on a weekly basis or so.

Yeah, so I would much rather people notice my diapers than have to deal with the bacteria-ridden public restrooms. :glare:

I think more public places should have family style restrooms (single bathrooms where there is plenty of room to change) Because I hate trying to change my diaper in a standard bathroom stall. Most stalls, even the handicapped accessible ones are too little for me to be sure my diaper is in place securely. I am also bowel incontinent, and sometimes I have to change soiled diapers in public too. That is the thing that is really hard. Any tips that people have found help when changing a soiled diaper in a public bathroom?

I think more public places should have family style restrooms (single bathrooms where there is plenty of room to change) Because I hate trying to change my diaper in a standard bathroom stall. Most stalls, even the handicapped accessible ones are too little for me to be sure my diaper is in place securely. I am also bowel incontinent, and sometimes I have to change soiled diapers in public too. That is the thing that is really hard. Any tips that people have found help when changing a soiled diaper in a public bathroom?

Worse thing, though it's hard enough to change while sitting upright, in most of the toilets now there is no actual seat.

• 1 month later...

ok, i said other because:

it has gotten very hard to find briefs for sale in a regular store... sure, i know its smart to buy on the internet, but really people: anyone who has ever had to completely remove their trousers in a filthy bathroom because all there was available were pull-ons knows what i'm talking about!

it's like a conspiracy to make us uncomfortable... this has all happened in the last couple of years. also, try to find a common, ordinary douche-bag for cleansing in a drug store... they aren't there! it's as if the bathroom police have decided that people with special needs and want cleanliness are evil. :badmood:

• 2 weeks later...

wait....

there's plenty of douchebags at the drugstores around me

....OH!! You mean the product :blush::whistling:

ok, i said other because:

it has gotten very hard to find briefs for sale in a regular store... sure, i know its smart to buy on the internet, but really people: anyone who has ever had to completely remove their trousers in a filthy bathroom because all there was available were pull-ons knows what i'm talking about!

it's like a conspiracy to make us uncomfortable... this has all happened in the last couple of years. also, try to find a common, ordinary douche-bag for cleansing in a drug store... they aren't there! it's as if the bathroom police have decided that people with special needs and want cleanliness are evil. :badmood:

in regards to the pull-ups, most of them have a seam you can tear from.

doesn't matter, you still gotta take your pants off to get a new pullup on

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Find a lot of places don't have "Family" bathrooms, and in their regular Bathrooms there is insufficient space in the handicapped stall to go in with your wheelchair turn around and latch the door and get down to business. So i regularly don't shop at certain stores who only do the absolute minimum acceptable accommodation i figure if they wanted my money they would do more to make the store comfortable and easy to shop in.

Nappy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your not wrong about the state of Handicapped stalls diapered chris, there is never anywhere to leave my catheters and wipes, and I end up trying to stuff em in the sanitary towel disposal thing... They're not well thought out at all.

I am with you on leaks, or forgetting extra supplies, and then being out with wet spot. I usually keep spares in vehicle but was in a rental car. Not good. Nice to get home and changed after that. :(

Those times, which it seems like is once a day now days, when you are in the bathroom getting undressed to go and you have that sudden OH NO it's coming out NOW.. Sigh. I can get by being wet without a problem but I can not stand messy diapers at all.

yeah someone mentioned laying down if a handicapped stall was made big enough my wheelchair has a lay down/recline function on it and i would be able to change while laying down but most are not big enough you have to find a "Family Style" bathroom in order to have that much space.

• 1 month later...

For me the diaper noise the the worst because it reminds me of a baby, which I am not. Also the noise is the thing which has betrayed me most when it comes to people learning I wear diapers. Interestingly enough, less than 5% of the people felt the crinkle noise was a problem.

• 1 month later...