• odor
    • finding a place to change
    • leaks in public
    • crinkle/ sound
    • wetting /messing imeadiatly after a fresh diaper change
    • changing in a public bathroom
    • making sure you are properly stocked
    • other (please post reason)

so being being incon we all have issues we just HATE to deal with but do becuase we must continue on for me i find all the above annoying at times but i find it MOST annoying that sometimes wet as i am putting on a fresh diaper on or just after... sometimes i wish my diaper would stay dry for a little longer than it does.. but than there are days i should have waited a bit longer before the change....

Though my issues with this are smaller than most I can sympathize with you, for I've been through much the same :whistling: I guess the most annoying things for me are making sure I've got enough changes with me when I go somewhere, and not wearing enough protection when a day turns out to be wetter than I anticipated :blush: Oh, and worries about leakage- though it seldom happens I still worry :(

Bettypooh

Guest dragonmaster4066

i think all of these things can be an issue, but the worst thing i have found you dont have listed. that is finding a partner that can accept the fact that its not something that you choose and you cant just turn it off. i have had no luck in finding someone that i can have a real relationship with due to my incon. it would be nice to find an incon girl so i know we both share the same problem and dont try and belittle each other about it. for one i'm not a/b so i dont want to be treated as a baby. i am just a man that has to wear diapers for a medical condition. well i better stop now or this could be a very long rant.

I hate having to change is a public restroom, when theres a ton of people in there and they are waiting to use the stall.

or when im very wet and im trying to find a place to change my self. and all the stores and most places end up saying sorry no publis restrooms. next will be if i couldnt get changed the smell of stale pee starts to linger around and the feeling of a cold wet diaper is very unpleasant to me.

I dont generally worry about leaks or crinkle sounds, I worry about odor. If I have been out for a while and have to change, where i change isnt home and try as i might I just dont get as clean as i would like. After a while I know I start to smell a little. The plastic backing while it helps leaks also holds in odor and if compressed ( as in sitting ) and air is squeezed out I can tell it smells.

I dont generally worry about leaks or crinkle sounds, I worry about odor. If I have been out for a while and have to change, where i change isnt home and try as i might I just dont get as clean as i would like. After a while I know I start to smell a little. The plastic backing while it helps leaks also holds in odor and if compressed ( as in sitting ) and air is squeezed out I can tell it smells.

Drink more water! I can sit for hours and nobody smells anything...or at least they haven't said anything. IF "it's" yellow you need more water! BTW Baby Powder is your friend! :whistling:

I hate that I have no choice any longer. I must wear diapers (pads, whatever...) when the urge hits or I'm screwed. I have no fall back position, and pinching my cheeks together doesn't do shit for me. (bad pun- sorry)

Guest Wetnmessy247

Trained incontinence is still incontinence since I have little to no control of both bm and urine.

So...for me?

I love the crinkle. I like to crinkle like aluminum foil everywhere I go.

I would have to say the odor is the worst part of incontinence. Scented candles, air fresheners, glade, spray, cologne, oils, chemicals you name it I have used it. I'd say 50% of the odor gets eliminated while the other half lingers with me.

ther than that, diapering is cool.

I put down odor and finding a place to change. Even when I wet, I produce a strong odor. As far as changing goes, it's hard to find a place to change sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am new here,

The main thing that bugs me the most about public restroom "brief" changing is that the stalls are occupied. Most public places don't have family restrooms and some are occupied for a very long time. And when you try to use the family restroom someone wants to knock on the door. Most malls have around only 2 family restrooms and plenty of dirty men and womens restrooms. Some places do not allow customers to use the restroom for incontinence care reasons especially food marts, gas stations, and some dollar places.

I don't tend to use diapers during the daytime, but I used too, leaks in public can be very embarising, trying to change is a public restroom is fraught with hazzards, from cibicles that are wet and dirty to no locks on the doors.

I always found that if you use the disabled facilities or the family room, when you came out you always got the look from those waiting, like you should not be in there. It was as if they could tell there was nothing wrong with you just looking at you, mabey folks like that should become doctors or something.

Another living hell is meeting someone for the first time and constantly wondering when the right time to tell them that you have bladder problems or wear diapers or whatever, Always a tence moment for me.

My biggest problem is how I have to constantly alter my plans / life to suit my incontinence.

- getting dressed to go out, and as soon as I step out the door, my bowels cutting loose, so I have to go back in and change....

- arriving at an event where I have to change (swimming etc) and finding that as soon as I put on a swim diaper, I need to change again

- getting out of my car for a meeting etc, finding the car seat wet = clothes etc, and having to get back into my car, drive back home etc, and change clothes etc to end up at least 30 mins or more late for what I had planned.

- standing up in a boardroom, and feeling my bowels cut loose, having to make an excuse to get out of there...

The list is endless, but it is these little challenges that makes me the person I am today.

1. The dirty looks I get for using the Family Restroom.

2. The lousy quality of disposables at retail stores. Running out isn't any fun.

3. The fact that I am forever defined by my underwear.

4. Rashes

the most annoying part, for me has to be, finding a place in public to change my self. I hate having poeple hanging around the out side of a rest room stall as im changing, and then walking out of the stall with a rolled up used diaper in my hand to put in the thrash. that part i hate the most, the next would be getting a leak in public because i couldnt find a public place to change my self. last annoying thing for me would be having the light smell of pee all day long when out in public. witch i cover up with body spray witch does help.

Other

1. Wearing good and will fitting clothes. It is impossible to get a suit or slacks that fit but hid a diaper.

2. Airports. I have to wear a good (and expensive) disposable to the airport. Then before I go through security, I have to change out of that into a cheaper pull up so the bulk doesn't show. (Real fun in an airport restroom.) Get through security without "extra" searches. Get to the gate and change into a new expensive disposable. Hope I don't have to change in that tiny airplane restoom. Oh, and it sucks when you have to carry something to the forward lavatory. Expect the Air Marshall to stop and search you. (Unless you look like Osama - then you are ok.)

3. I still think everyone is looking at me and knows I'm wearing a diaper.

In general, just having to wear a diaper.

As far as being incontinent. I'm tired of living in fear that I will have a problem and need another emergency cath.

• 1 month later...

i think all of these things can be an issue, but the worst thing i have found you dont have listed. that is finding a partner that can accept the fact that its not something that you choose and you cant just turn it off. i have had no luck in finding someone that i can have a real relationship with due to my incon. it would be nice to find an incon girl so i know we both share the same problem and dont try and belittle each other about it. for one i'm not a/b so i dont want to be treated as a baby. i am just a man that has to wear diapers for a medical condition. well i better stop now or this could be a very long rant.

I agree with you totally

I had to chose "leaks in public" from the list. But the one thing that probably bugs me most is finding a way to transport a diaper change with me. Having to carry a backpack EVERYWHERE is a pain in the a$$.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm incon due to a spinal cord injury. I keep a sack in the trunk of my car containing an extra change just in case I need it. However, I will ONLY change in public restrooms in an emergency. I take meds ofr odor control so I don't have any noticeable odor to speak of, so the only thing I'm really concerned about are leaks in public. Most the time when I'm in public, I wear either Abean XPlus, or cloth diapers. Because I ues "quality" products, I can go for as much as 10 hours if I need to before I start to leak. Wearing plastic pants over the diaper also adds protection.

• Like 1