LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pampers, Huggies , Luvs Diapers for ABDL

Given the growth of clothes and other items in the abdl space.  I was wondering if the manufacturers would ever sell these same diapers for ABDL's.  I think that they would have great sales and great comfort as 

What do others think about these diapers for abdl's.

I remember someone was selling modified baby diapers that could fit an adult, like they put the backing of a Pampers or Luvs ETC put onto an adult diaper, forget what they were called though.

But I don't think companies like P&G or Kim Clarke would want they're baby diaper brands associated with fetish/kink.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Nope!

Those companies do not want to be caught within a thousand parsecs of ABDL. The market here is not big enough to make up for what they think would be the backlash loss in sales. It would require design and tooling up, meaning salaries and buying machines to get into a small, controversial niche. No shot! If they were going to do it. they would have done it 30 years ago. Besides, there are things designed for ABDL in the form of ABU and Banbino. I do not know if Rearz or KINS are as babyish as those two but a lot of folks like them, I suspect mostly for the prints. So P&G et al would be venturing into a market that is pretty well occupied

• Like 1

@Little BabyDoll Christinebasically said it: the major kid-focused diaper brands make billions of dollars servicing the broader, non-fetishist market, whereas Rearz and ABU and Bambino thrive because they are scaled and tooled specifically for a tiny, but devoted slice of the economic pie. Rearz' global headquarters is the size one Pampers warehouse in Scranton, New Jersey, that employs 10 people. The annual output of one of their plants would swamp the entire ABDL supply chain, and they have 30 plants. It will be forever up to people on Etsy, and the creative minds at ABU/Rearz/Bambino et al, to serve the "I want to wear something that feels like the diapers I wore as a kid" market. I think that we will see more offerings the look and feel like modern baby diapers, however, because the people among "us" who have disposable income had, up until relatively recently, grown up in 70's/80's white or printed plastic diapers with tapes, or cloth diapers, whereas now, kids who grew up in the 1990's and, soon, the 2000's, are hitting their earnings stride and are going to want something analogous to the Pumpers Cruisers and Luvs and Huggies that their parents taped them into as toddlers. 

If I had to place a bet, I would also put money on the market starting to create ABDL pull-ups, because whereas many of us recall wearing actual diapers in the later stages of potty training, or being put into diapers at night, people who were in their childhoods in the 2000's had a plethora of pull-up options that didn't exist if you grew up before that. Some of that market is being taken up by the major brands, actually - because XL Goodnites are rated to 140+ lbs and can be coaxed onto frames that approach 200 lbs (although at that level of engineering stress, they're decorative but don't work well as "diapers"). But those kids are going to end up as pudgy middle-aged people, or they're going to want better protection, and their cravings will likely be for the butterflies/cupcakes/rainbows/superhero themes they coveted as children, with cloth-like exteriors and stretchy sides rather than tapes or tabs. 

• Like 1

I should add, all of thoes companys allready have adult diaper brands that they produce as well. They have no desire to muddy the waters too much and have them overlap. Though I should note that over the years, the abdl brands have been slowly spreading into the incon market. I think folks do not like having to get outa bed and change every time they wet.

There are quite a few private custom shops/companies/sellers on the net that sell adult diapers with baby diaper prints. I've seen quite a few on Etsy alone. There is one that also has an ad on here: https://customzdiapers.com/

Do note that pretty much all of them will be rather expensive compared to most original ABDL diapers.

Yes, but I suspect that having the right name to call back what one wore as a baby or toddler has a psychological effect kind of

I do not have that problem since I do not know what kind of what was put on me as a toddler

Huggies just unveiled Size 8 a few days ago. I doubt it but the big baby diapers manufacturers are making larger sizes due to their sales numbers dropping on the smaller sizes

It's a bit cringe to fixate on baby diapers for adults. We already have adult sized diapers and this is enough. It's important to draw boundaries that we don't cross so we can meet society part way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Kimberly Clark and Proctor & Gamble wanted to sell adult versions of Pampers, Luvs or Huggies they certainly could, and it wouldn't be a huge cost for machinery etc. Both companies already make and sell adult diapers, Depend and Always. There would have to be some settings changed, and perhaps some minor hardware changes. New packaging would be needed. Note that I said adult diapers, not ABDL diapers. They could just make new packaging, but that would hurt their brand names.

The big question is, would the incontinence market want diapers that had the same name as baby diapers? 

• Like 1

The names "Pampers", "Livs" and "Huggies" would appeal to only some persons based on infantilism. Theise companies already have brand names like "Depends" that are established so why mess with a winner? And for what? I mentioned a backlash. If these companies came in and
1. saw what a small portion of the membership is active here
2. Sow things lik "Stinky, Squishy and Proud" and trheads about public exposure and Incontinent - Desires
They would conclude "what a bunch of creepy weirdos are here". Do you recall what happened to Bud Lite with the Dylan Mulvaney busienss? Do you think P&G and Kimberly Clarke want to run the risk of even a tiny chance of that happening to them? After one look around at ABDL sites, they'd run like hell. It has probably already happened

The reward to risk ratio is just to small, Besides there are already companies serving this market

The best you could hope for is that they might license the names to other companies and hope they did not get caught

10 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Huggies just unveiled Size 8 a few days ago. I doubt it but the big baby diapers manufacturers are making larger sizes due to their sales numbers dropping on the smaller sizes

Pampers started distributing a size 8 of their Baby-Dry diapers in Canada a few months ago. They're only a fraction of an inch larger than the size 7's, but they're rated to 46 lbs+, although the waist size on either the 7's or the 8's, by any growth chart you can find, would shows as capable of fitting a typical 8-year-old at their maximum extension, and that's without stretching them. At that point, they are well overlapping the pull-ups market, which starts at toddler sizes and goes up to 140 lbs+. The Pampers size 8's, unstretched, have the same waist diameter as an S/M (small/medium) Goodnites pull-up, also unstretched, and those are rated up to 68 lbs. But they'd have to get to making a size 16, based on the differences between a 6, 7, and 8, in order to fit even a small adult - it would be nice to see a more substantial delta between the sizes. 

I was talking to a guy I know who works in supply chain for a major grocery retailer in Canada, and he said that the size 8's have not been stocked everywhere (which my observations so far prove out), because some store managers thought they would be a specialty product and wouldn't sell enough to justify being given shelf space. But, at the stores that stock them, they have sold better than anticipated. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

The best you could hope for is that they might license the names to other companies and hope they did not get caught

That would be a bigger risk than rebranding their current adult lines. They could "justify" rebranding as a "simplification" of product names, but not licensing. 

They won't rebrand, not because of any backlash, but because they would lose market share. Most incontinent people are not going to want to wear a "baby" diaper, even if it is identical to what they bought the day before under a different name.

It's too bad though, imagine the commercials for a printed adult diapers.

Try new Coors Light Adult Pampers. The beer goes in, the beer goes out.

Remington Adult Huggies for those long mornings on the deer stands.

Peterbilt Luvs, drive all day, sleep all night. Only one change needed.

Amtrak Pampers works all the livelong day.

• Haha 1

On your first two counts: Correctamundo!

But why have adult thems on diapers named for baby diapers? If I was AB I would want my Pampers to have baby prints in keeping with the items for which they are named

They BabyDoll diaper is a scaled-up version of what I was in on occasion as shown in another album. Like all cloth diapers, authenticity of quite possible although I do not know of you could use the same name although Gerber did as far as I know. Having the same name as the baby version may engender trust due to brand recognition. "Remember how reliable your baby Pampers were? That same reliability is to be found in the bigger version. 'Pampers'; the name you can trust because you've been there"

2 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Because they are marketing to adults, not to ABDLs.

Then would said adults care if the diapers were called Pampers or any of the other baby diaper names. They might even want them not to be so named, whereas AB's would want the baby diaper names and baby diaper look

Why not have a compnay use similar but different names like pampys, Hugzies and Luvvies? It is probably what a toddler calls them anyway and one could not visually confuse these names with the baby items

On 4/8/2024 at 4:21 PM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Why not have a compnay use similar but different names like pampys, Hugzies and Luvvies? It is probably what a toddler calls them anyway and one could not visually confuse these names with the baby items

Because they'll still get sued .... Tykables started out as Snuggies.  That didn't last long.

• Like 1

If I recall rightly, Snuggies was the name of an actual baby product going back to the early '60's

Anybody can sue anybody else for anything they like. Nobody could mistiake "Pampys" for "Pampers".

What you mean is they will get, not sued, but intimidated. The best thing to do is to reply to "go right ahead. After we show you have no case, we will then file an Abuse of Process suit". you might have a First Amendment case since these companies will be trying to use the government to restrict your fredom as nobody with useable vision could mistake 'Pampys' for 'Pampers'. And 'Luvvies' has nearly twice as many letters as 'Lives' and both derive from the pre-existing 6i0's British 'luv' and there was even a vehicled called 'Luv'". you could even make 'Hugzies' 'Hugzeze' or 'Hug-zies'. And say you get the name(s) from what toddlers call them so it has completely different origins. They would be in the same boat as Rearz was when they tried to trademark ABDL. Also, do these compnaies REALLY want to get stuck together with the fetish market. One could start the rumor that thyey are trying to get these names so that can get into that market. This is best done by insinuation and inuendo. Make it better for them to let sleeping dogs lie, Psychology trumps law since it influences those who wield the law

23 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Because they'll still get sued .... Tykables started out as Snuggies.  That didn't last long.

Very true. Umm who sued them

Well, maybe not so much of a suit, but this was on the web site:

Why change our name? In order to better protect our company and brand we are moving to a new name which will allow us to trademark our name globally and with unity for all future products. Another trademark owner had a concern about our original name, and working with this company we came to mutually agreeable terms of which the full details will be kept private between both companies.

They also ran into conflict with ABU over what is now Galactic because it was originally going to be launched as "Space Cadets".   And then Koda Cubs just disappeared overnight with no explanation. 

The point being that no ABDL company has enough resources to fight a trademark dispute. 

There is a kind of dance done where one side tries to intimidate the other. The mega-corp will threaten a suit so loarge that it wought be unaffordable if they win. P&G and Kimberly-Clark are vulnerable to a different kind of attack. First, what I suggested as names could NOT be mistaken for the originals by anyone with a minimum of usable eyesight, yet still be useful because of being "toddler cute". so there is no real threat. That being so, they would be liable for Abuse of Process if they take it to court and be in serious doo-doo since the courts do not like their time being wasted "There are serial murderers waiting their turn and you are wasting our time with this nonsense". Also there is another court in which they would not stand a chance. The court of public opinion. Being a mega-corporation, they are at a disadvantage in that court and would be seen as picking on a much less able target. That could cost them market share as a backlash. Also one could spread a story through the media that they are planning to enter the fetish market and don't want their customer base to know that, learning from the Bud Lite/Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. The story does not have to be true, just plausible. And this kind of threat would show they are not honorable and when are mega-corps honorable anyway and who would not like them taken down a peg or two?

ABu going after asimilar compnay would not be vulnerable to a public campaign like this since they are already in the fetish market and they are on a par with other such companies

9 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

There is a kind of dance done where one side tries to intimidate the other. The mega-corp will threaten a suit so loarge that it wought be unaffordable if they win. P&G and Kimberly-Clark are vulnerable to a different kind of attack. First, what I suggested as names could NOT be mistaken for the originals by anyone with a minimum of usable eyesight, yet still be useful because of being "toddler cute". so there is no real threat. That being so, they would be liable for Abuse of Process if they take it to court and be in serious doo-doo since the courts do not like their time being wasted "There are serial murderers waiting their turn and you are wasting our time with this nonsense". Also there is another court in which they would not stand a chance. The court of public opinion. Being a mega-corporation, they are at a disadvantage in that court and would be seen as picking on a much less able target. That could cost them market share as a backlash. Also one could spread a story through the media that they are planning to enter the fetish market and don't want their customer base to know that, learning from the Bud Lite/Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. The story does not have to be true, just plausible. And this kind of threat would show they are not honorable and when are mega-corps honorable anyway and who would not like them taken down a peg or two?

ABu going after asimilar compnay would not be vulnerable to a public campaign like this since they are already in the fetish market and they are on a par with other such companies

I am beginning to think that you live in a different world than I do. There are serial litigants out there. They file nuisance suits on a daily basis, dozens of suits filed every year. Most of these are dismissed by the first judge to see them, but soon after a similar suit is filed. It takes years, if ever before anything is done to stop them. Often they simply hoping that the defendant will just miss a court date. Exactly who would be liable for an Abuse of Process case? 

As for a lawsuit filed by Kimberly Clark or P&G over those names. While the case may be dismissed, it would also depend upon packaging, any advertising, even the font used, those companies would be asking for injections to stop sales, and placing other legal obstacles in the way.

Remember that Coca Cola sues people over bottle shapes, Nike sues people over a swoosh, Beretta sued Chevrolet over their name. Best Western threatened to sue a place where I had worked over the shape and color of their sign. 

• Thanks 1

That is true. But how many of those buying Pampers would even see Pampys? and the font for the latter could be made in a childish fashion Besides which the main battle is not being fought in the court of law, but in the court of public opinion. If P&G keeps throwing legal obstacles then there is the garge of Abuse of Process. Also P&G would be required to detail monetary damages from Pampys, which is not even in the same market. Any attempt to say that Pampy's is trying to cash in on Pampers will be declawed by a line of people out the door who say that their toddlers used to call their diapers "pampies" and also "pampers" has almost assumed the status of "coke" and "kleenex", becoming a generic term, in the early and mid '70's it was even a generic term for adult disposable diapers, as in "adult pampers" or just "pampers". Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie