LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Better way to train to wet the bed?

1 hour ago, nappyboymids said:

I wonder if wearing cloth nappies at night might help you on your way: the thing about disposables is they're designed to make you feel as dry as possible and so, actually, you don't get used to feeling really wet.  OTOH, cloth nappies really do feel wet and if you use them regularly you get accustomed to that feeling.  I've noticed recently that even why my nappies leak (and sometimes the leaks are quite big) I still sleep straight through and wake up in the morning to a wet patch on my bed pad ...

I always sleep through no matter how wet I am . I did try cloth nappies but my wife objected to all the extra laundry.

11 hours ago, nappyboymids said:

I wonder if wearing cloth nappies at night might help you on your way: the thing about disposables is they're designed to make you feel as dry as possible and so, actually, you don't get used to feeling really wet.  OTOH, cloth nappies really do feel wet and if you use them regularly you get accustomed to that feeling.  I've noticed recently that even why my nappies leak (and sometimes the leaks are quite big) I still sleep straight through and wake up in the morning to a wet patch on my bed pad ...

Makes no difference now, but at one time I believe I was more likely to sleep wet in a cloth diaper because I felt more secure in it.  That is I trusted it not to leak regardless of point direction, sleep position and volume.

It seems counterintuitive to me, because I recall @oznlwriting about how deliberately wetting the bed has been a way to *cure* bedwetting

I might add to OP - you're only new to this journey. This is something that takes months and years to learn, and a key part is fully trusting your nappies as is knowing it's okay if leaks happen.

So sure - wet into the bed if it helps you overcome a block that it's not okay to pee in bed. I spent months when first training to wet the bed just waking up and starting to pee while in various states of being "in bed". 

At first it was peeing stood next to the bed (as I could only pee standing up), then crouching on the bed, then kneeling in bed, then laying in bed until it was easy to let it go without having to move. Bliss.

But if you don't have a block about peeing while in bed I'm less sure it'll have any effect other than keeping you in the pocket of Big Laundry.

4 hours ago, soggster said:

It seems counterintuitive to me, because I recall @oznlwriting about how deliberately wetting the bed has been a way to *cure* bedwetting

I might add to OP - you're only new to this journey. This is something that takes months and years to learn, and a key part is fully trusting your nappies as is knowing it's okay if leaks happen.

So sure - wet into the bed if it helps you overcome a block that it's not okay to pee in bed. I spent months when first training to wet the bed just waking up and starting to pee while in various states of being "in bed". 

At first it was peeing stood next to the bed (as I could only pee standing up), then crouching on the bed, then kneeling in bed, then laying in bed until it was easy to let it go without having to move. Bliss.

But if you don't have a block about peeing while in bed I'm less sure it'll have any effect other than keeping you in the pocket of Big Laundry.

Just did a separate post about the "mental game" of becoming a bedwetter. It's actually an interesting journey because we find out more about ourselves and our true motivations along the way. This is a good thread but I wanted to get the new one in only to get it all in one place for comment and thoughts (and to help!) Hesitation about sleeping in wet sheets is a biggie. As is accepting being a bedwetter no matter where you stay or with whom, as is whether you're telling professionals about it etc etc. Hope you can see that post too. Definitely agree with what you're stating as angles to work around one of the barriers (wet sheets)

7 hours ago, soggster said:

To be pedantic, it was Milton Erickson, a suitably-qualified psychiatrist who proposed this.  I was just reporting 🤣

I think there are some differences here though.  In Erickson’s case, the therapy he proposed was to consciously focus the minds’ of his patients upon the act of urinating in bed by forcing them to do it deliberately prior to sleep.

As you’ve identified here though, the objective that the OP is countenancing is to cancel out inhibitions about wet bedding via a kind of flooding therapy (the psychological kind, aka "exposure therapy").  I guess fears about a nappy leak are fairly obsolete if you’ve already just gone and peed in the bed without one on.

The conscious focus is NOT on the act of sleep wetting but rather creating an environment where it’s “ok” to urinate (as one is wet anyway).

It might work I suppose but I know in my case, the few actual wet beds (as opposed to wet night nappies) that I’ve dealt with have generally woken me up and I’ve found it very difficult to go back to sleep in a wet bed.  I've tried to ignore the swamp that I found myself laying in but it got cold, wet and miserable pretty quickly.  It's MUCH more comfortable in a nappy.

8 hours ago, WBxx said:

Makes no difference now, but at one time I believe I was more likely to sleep wet in a cloth diaper because I felt more secure in it.  That is I trusted it not to leak regardless of point direction, sleep position and volume.

I think I'm in that place now.   I suspect I sleep-wet more often in cloth (although bedwetting in disposables is far from unheard of).  It just seems that in cloth, I'm having less pee dreams and more wet mornings and I truly think that part of this is the near-absolute security that cloth offers.  I suspect that delta will change over time.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:30 PM, bspecnoza said:

Have you tried sleeping without a diaper to see if you still wet? It seems like there isn’t a lot of evidence that people who have achieved similar still wet undiapered. I’ve come across some who do not wet at all when not diapered. 

Gave it a try.  Figured I was changing my sheets today anyway, so it was the perfect opportunity to do a little test drive.  Woke up damp, but not soaked, or even really wet, but my pajamas were damp.  I suspect there was a wetting, or at least leaking overnight - a wet spot on my pad, but I think that may have been from after I woke up.  First night in 8 months unprotected and I had no worry about wet sheets since I was doing laundry anyway.  I followed my regular routine which usually means night wetting.  My reactions to not wearing:

Positive:  1) actually able to see and enjoy the morning wood.  2) I guess I'm good to travel if I can't wear or forget.

Negatives: 1) I had difficulty falling asleep, and woke up super early.  I think that may have been general discomfort or being unused to having nothing on.  2) I truly missed being diapered in bed.  3) no feeling of accomplishment.  4) no "sticker" on my chart since I wasn't diapered.  5) a worry I've halted the progress I've made and that this one day will set me back in my journey.

Neutral: My belief that I am not, in fact, a bedwetter, seems to be proven.  Even after waking up wet half the days of this month, I do not consider myself that way.  I don't know if this is a positive or a negative lol.

I shall not be repeating this experiment for quite a while, but you can use this result in your research.

My problem is that I have a Sleep Number bed that cost $10,000.  The base, which has  a remote to move the feet and head up and and down cost $4,000.  The mattress was $6,000: I can make the mattress as firm or as soft as I want (it's essentially an air mattress inside the mattress). 

If I wet, there may be sparks flying and I really don't want to ruin it.  I did buy a mattress protector, but the way the plastic threads are weaved (probably done so it breathes), the threads are not perfectly tight, so water will eventually work it's way through.  I did buy a 34x36 pad, but it's kind of small and it might leak too.  I have not tried it.

My second problem is I do not like the bulk between the legs as I am a side sleeper.  Are there any super thin ones that are very soft?