LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What order of requirements do you place on a diaper when incontinent?

What order of requirements do you place on a diaper if you are or would be incontinent?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. AT HOME

• Comfortable - Discreet - High capacity
    • Comfortable - High Capacity - Discreet
    • Discreet - High Capacity - Comfortable
    • Discreet - Comfortable - High Capacity
    • High Capacity - Discreet - Comfortable
    • High Capacity - Comfortable - Discreet
  2. 2. IN BED

3. 3. OUTSIDE / IN PUBLIC

Of the many requirements you can place on a diaper, I found these to be the most important when I am incontinent: Comfortable to wear, discreet to wear and high capacity (by which I mean > 3000 ml). In what order would you place them if you are or would be incontinent at home, in bed or outside/in public?

For me it would be options 1, 2 and 4 respectively.

2 - 6 - 2.

The missing important requirement for me would be the ease of change/repositioning.

While I'm ok with peeing anywhere, I'd rather avoid going #2 in my protection if then there is no easy way to change for a long period.

Also, the 3 things are linked: for instance, a high capacity diaper can remain comfortable to wear for longer than a thinner and more discreet one.

1 minute ago, Bonsai said:

2 - 6 - 2.

Also, the 3 things are linked: for instance, a high capacity diaper can remain comfortable to wear for longer than a thinner and more discreet one.

Thank you for voting!

It does not matter whether the given properties of the diaper are related. It is still up to you to decide whether they meet the order of requirements you place on a diaper. ;) 

Around the house or in bed, it's capacity first. I don't really worry too much about comfort, because all of my high-capacity diapers are pretty comfortable. Discretion at home is not an issue - everyone I live with knows that I wear diapers. 

Out in the world, discretion becomes more important. Capacity is still an important consideration, and really, that's part of what I would call "comfort", but around the house, or in bed, I'm not, say, hiking, or walking long distances, or standing for long periods of time. Under those conditions, a heavier, plastic diaper might cause chaffing, for example, and so I might select something breathable (if I'm going to the gym) or something a bit lighter. 

• Like 1

What I want and what I have are 2 different things.  I can rarely afford the upper tier diapers and must make due with "lesser" brands.  

Keeping visibly dry during the day and as much as possible my bed dry at night. I have long since stopped worrying how discrete they are.

• 2 weeks later...

I only care about capacity for bed now. For during the day wearing I've learned that needing more frequent changes is a small price to pay for better comfort and discretion. 

I don't care about discretion. I don't care if someone can tell or can figure out that plastic-backed toddler underwear is involved. I wear the normal size clothing regardless of diaper status.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Remember if your Discrete, Comfortable, Low Capacity diaper leaks, it's no longer discrete, and probably not comfortable either.

That's why we change diapers before they leak. I prefer medium capacity diapers even though I have to change them more often than high capacity diapers. These become too thick, less discreet and more uncomfortable when they become saturated. But that is of course a personal choice.

• Like 2