LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are diapers supposed to be loose?

When I wear a diaper, especially if it's already somewhat wet, unless I'm squeezing my legs together while I walk (and thus waddling more, heh heh), it feels like the diaper is falling off. Is that normal? Or does it mean the diaper is too big, too small and not wrapping around my waist enough with the tapes, or just that I'm taping it wrong? Obviously with a onesie, this isn't an issue, but I'm wondering if I'm fundamentally messing up diapering myself, ha ha.

I have very wide hips and a big belly, so maybe the issue is that the diaper is too small and the tapes aren't going around the diaper enough. Or maybe the diaper is too big and so it's loose. Or maybe I just need to pull the tapes even tighter when diapering. Curious if you have any advice on this.

• Like 1

That happens if you’re using pins to fasten the diaper. The fabric loosens as it get wet.  I found the solution to that problem is to use the ABZ Cloth Diaper fastener from AdultClothDiaper.com.  You stretch them to fasten the diaper and that stretch takes up the looseness as the diaper gets wet.

See:  https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/ABZ-Cloth-Diaper-Fastener

If you’re using a disposable diaper, the above doesn’t apply.  With disposables, they will loosen over time as the plastic stretches.  I wear an elastic pant over the diaper to hold it in place.  I also fold down the front of the so that it is below the belly bulge and fasten the diaper fairly snuggly. 

• Like 1

It can happen.  Diapers, plastic backed and especially cloth backed will stretch over time as you wear them and loosen up.  They will get heavy and sag the wetter they get.  You really can't prevent a very wet diaper from sagging or getting loose around your waist.  With cloth backed disposables you can usually re-tighten the tapes around the waist to snug them back up and that may help for a little while.

When you tape on your diaper it should be snug, tight, not loose.  As I said, it will still loosen up over time.  It doesn't matter quite so much if you are wearing plastic pants or a good fitting onesie over your diaper.  If it gets a little loose or wet enough to sag, good fitting plastic pants will help, especially if you also have something else over it like a good onesie and regular shorts or jeans to help keep things where they should belong. 

Try different sizes of diapers.  The larger ones will tape around more in front, but they will be bigger and may have more of a tendency to sag and have gaps at the legs.  The tapes don't have to come way around in front of your diaper.  The main thing is that the diaper fits proportionally, not too long in front or back and is taped tightly at your waist and legs.

• Like 1

Oh, so it is okay if the tape doesn't come around the front? I'm wearing a Crinklz Large FairyTale and the tapes only reach the sides. I tried angling them more downwards on the top and upwards for the bottom tape and it's staying up a bit better. I'll definitely try larger diapers and see if the tapes go to the front.

• Like 1

Lots of excellent replies. I find sometimes the cut of the diaper or pullup just doesn't work with my particular body shape. I'd recommend trying different diaper- a lot are available as samples- so you can experiment and see if different cuts or types/ brands of diapers make a difference.  I wear waterproof panties over top of my diapers, especially when I'm wearing cloth-backed disposables- along with a onesie, and that helps with diaper sag when my diaper gets very wet and needs changed.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2024 at 12:29 PM, kittengirl173 said:

When I wear a diaper, especially if it's already somewhat wet, unless I'm squeezing my legs together while I walk (and thus waddling more, heh heh), it feels like the diaper is falling off. Is that normal? Or does it mean the diaper is too big, too small and not wrapping around my waist enough with the tapes, or just that I'm taping it wrong? Obviously with a onesie, this isn't an issue, but I'm wondering if I'm fundamentally messing up diapering myself, ha ha.

I have very wide hips and a big belly, so maybe the issue is that the diaper is too small and the tapes aren't going around the diaper enough. Or maybe the diaper is too big and so it's loose. Or maybe I just need to pull the tapes even tighter when diapering. Curious if you have any advice on this.

I tend to wear Large or X-Large diapers and I have legs in the form of tree trunks. I feel your struggle 100%.

My solution over the years has been this: snug-fitting PUL (e.g., Garywear, Leakmaster, etc.) plastic pants. What I do is I pull up my disposable (tends to work for me regardless of the quality or backing of the disposable) and flatten it as much as I can around my body so that the waist band is as high as it'll go (front and back, with the sides flush against my skin), then slip on some snug-fitting (not too loose, not too tight) plastic pants and pull them all the way up. Then I fold the top of the plastic pants down at the waist on itself, catching the disposable diaper at the same time, in small increments, so that you're folding two items at once. With a disposable/pants combo that fits, you can probably fold down the front in on itself 3-5 times while the back tends to ride higher, so folding the back in on itself 3-7 times. By the time you roll the pants and disposable on itself multiple times and it rests on your hips, the combined power of the waist band of the plastic pants and snug fit of the pants/disposable combo is almost always enough to not even to need any other support garment, even with an active lifestyle.

I don't wear onesies for example, and a person with a large frame like me can keep their diaper not only snug, but also prevent it from stretching as time goes on, thus keeping a snug fit for hours. Caveat: some looseness does occur, but even with a full blown wet Megamax, Trest, or Inspire Mega, it stays snug on my hips and doesn't hang down on my knees. The advantage to using plastic pants to do this as opposed to, say, net fixing pants, is that net fixing pants, while doing its job, won't contain the inevitable leaks like plastic pants will. And if you're like me, I don't like my plastic pants to rest on my waist, but instead on my hips.

Feel free to DM me if you need more or clearer information on this. I've used this technique for years and it works very well for me.

• Like 1

I can add some help to the already good input . I make my night diaper with layers of the cheap ones I get cheap from second hand . Now I use a pair of mens underwear , the pair that looks like nylon but with a full one inch waist band. pulled up over my diaper even for daytime . Then put plastic pants over that. And for night time since it gets really heavy, I also wear women's skin tight , tights I think 🤔 is what they are called. Now the underwear will get wet, so you need several pairs , I like the dried smells so I just hang them to dry and reuse them for about a week, and wash them with a cloth thin layer I use inside against my skin. Sorry if it is confusing just ask, or MM me. I have had and still do a lot of trial and error . And get good advice from here.

Update: I have gotten a lot better at tapes thanks to the advice here of angling them and also taping as tight as possible initially, and now my diapers aren't falling down anymore! :DDD Thanks for all the other advice, though, everyone! I love onesies, but it's really nice to walk around the house in just a diaper, too. ❤️

• Like 1