LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

Feel free not to share if it’s too personal @Reddy, but what do you do for a living that you were able to splurge on 30k for this operation. 

I think more than the question of “should you” shouldn’t you, for the majority of the people on the board, it’s I wish I could afford that. Are you doing payments like for a car or did you have to pay up front?

obviously we are extremely excited and living vicariously though your adventure with slight envy. Happy for you as someone who has been doing the slow way for 10+ years and still isn’t where he’d like to be 😅 

praying your recovery is fast and you can enjoy without complications what you sought for so long.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Reddy said:

I'm here!  I was actually awake three hours ago but nobody knew where my stuff was put.  Two different nurses were trying to call Yuni and then she just told them it's all in the cabinet in my room.  So I have been staring at the ceiling in my recovery room for three hours instead of on my phone which was evidently four feet away.  LOL.  Ok let me reply to everybody now 😊

Thanks!

Thanks!  Yes, I AM.  Wow.  It's hard to really believe.  I have no pain and the catheter and irrigation is taking care of everything so I feel absolutely no different from before.  But Dr. Ivan said it went great and I'm looking forward to talking more with him and also experiencing life without the catheter starting Saturday.

I talked with Paris during all the coordination but have not met.  I met Yuni she drove me to the hospitales this morning.  It was a couple blocks from the hotel.  I think maybe closer than the Farmacia I walked to yesterday but didn't realize it.  And of course I met Dr. Ivan now too.

Thanks!!  I guess this is it 😁

Thanks!  That's good to know.  I did get some diapers yesterday too 👍  But will be needing food back at the hotel.  I will also do room service.

🤣👍

Yeah.  I was up a little late, then felt kinda nauseous, honestly I think from finally drinking enough water.  So I needed everything dark and the TV off.  That actually helped me fall asleep.  Then I woke up so many times thinking it was already time to get up.  And I had to keep waiting and trying to go back to sleep 🤣

OMG.  That's really gonna be me.

🙏❤️

Thanks!  I hope so.  So far it's been extremely easy and painless.  I only had one pain that I told them was a 2 on the scale of 10 because my I think penis moved on my catheter.  Literally not the worst of just typical catheter usage pains so no problem.

I do 😁🤣

👍❤️🙏

I can answer any questions.  I'll be around.  Reach out any time.

Thank you!! 😊

🤣🙏🙏❤️

I keep hitting my reaction limit almost every day lol.  That sounds pretty good 👍 

Thank you so much!  🙏  I do admit I'm looking forward to when this finally hits me.  When it really sinks in that I'm soaking my diapers and it's not stopping, and I can't do anything in the world to undo that.  I'm beyond thrilled for those moments to hit me.

Thank you thank you!

Thanks!! 😊

Sounds like a pretty fun experiment.  Who knows, maybe it could happen for people!

I agree.  That's what allured me to it.  I've been through almost injuring myself trying to damage my sphincters as a teenager with a plastic tube I had.  And wanting this my whole life.  There was really no hesitation when I saw the opportunity for surgery.  I had hoped for a surgery on the past and in recent years really had wished I could find something.  I did expect more hesitation to come along.  And I had some.  For example I fully expect a stricture and needing to treat that, and it could he painful.  But in the end, I could see no scenario where I didn't pursue this dream of the surgery.  I just feel so normal still, no discomfort except that one moment, and no actual evidence of incontinence, so let's hope I've lost all control when I find out on Saturday!!

Thank you all so much for writing so many posts and messages of support.  It means so much to me to see this.  👊😊❤️🫂🤗🙏

Congratulations, Reddy! I hope your recovery goes well. Keep us posted!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Reddy said:

I'm here!  I was actually awake three hours ago but nobody knew where my stuff was put.  Two different nurses were trying to call Yuni and then she just told them it's all in the cabinet in my room.  So I have been staring at the ceiling in my recovery room for three hours instead of on my phone which was evidently four feet away.  LOL.  Ok let me reply to everybody now 😊

Thanks!

Thanks!  Yes, I AM.  Wow.  It's hard to really believe.  I have no pain and the catheter and irrigation is taking care of everything so I feel absolutely no different from before.  But Dr. Ivan said it went great and I'm looking forward to talking more with him and also experiencing life without the catheter starting Saturday.

I talked with Paris during all the coordination but have not met.  I met Yuni she drove me to the hospitales this morning.  It was a couple blocks from the hotel.  I think maybe closer than the Farmacia I walked to yesterday but didn't realize it.  And of course I met Dr. Ivan now too.

Thanks!!  I guess this is it 😁

Thanks!  That's good to know.  I did get some diapers yesterday too 👍  But will be needing food back at the hotel.  I will also do room service.

🤣👍

Yeah.  I was up a little late, then felt kinda nauseous, honestly I think from finally drinking enough water.  So I needed everything dark and the TV off.  That actually helped me fall asleep.  Then I woke up so many times thinking it was already time to get up.  And I had to keep waiting and trying to go back to sleep 🤣

OMG.  That's really gonna be me.

🙏❤️

Thanks!  I hope so.  So far it's been extremely easy and painless.  I only had one pain that I told them was a 2 on the scale of 10 because my I think penis moved on my catheter.  Literally not the worst of just typical catheter usage pains so no problem.

I do 😁🤣

👍❤️🙏

I can answer any questions.  I'll be around.  Reach out any time.

Thank you!! 😊

🤣🙏🙏❤️

I keep hitting my reaction limit almost every day lol.  That sounds pretty good 👍 

Thank you so much!  🙏  I do admit I'm looking forward to when this finally hits me.  When it really sinks in that I'm soaking my diapers and it's not stopping, and I can't do anything in the world to undo that.  I'm beyond thrilled for those moments to hit me.

Thank you thank you!

Thanks!! 😊

Sounds like a pretty fun experiment.  Who knows, maybe it could happen for people!

I agree.  That's what allured me to it.  I've been through almost injuring myself trying to damage my sphincters as a teenager with a plastic tube I had.  And wanting this my whole life.  There was really no hesitation when I saw the opportunity for surgery.  I had hoped for a surgery on the past and in recent years really had wished I could find something.  I did expect more hesitation to come along.  And I had some.  For example I fully expect a stricture and needing to treat that, and it could he painful.  But in the end, I could see no scenario where I didn't pursue this dream of the surgery.  I just feel so normal still, no discomfort except that one moment, and no actual evidence of incontinence, so let's hope I've lost all control when I find out on Saturday!!

Thank you all so much for writing so many posts and messages of support.  It means so much to me to see this.  👊😊❤️🫂🤗🙏

what size catheter are you fitted with, are you able to see your urine bag, is it very messy ?

15 hours ago, TheSuperDiaperBoy said:

Glad to see you back and pain free. Did Dr. Ivan talk about how much prostate and sphincter he had to remove?

Good morning!  Not yet.  After the surgery was kind of a blur, although I was awake the whole time (to my surprise).  I just had a spinal injection that paralyzed and numbed everything from my waist down and then other medication to make me sleepy and relaxed, but never asleep.  There was a sheet up so I could only see the top of the doctor's head.  I remember asking the anesthesiologist if surgery had started and she said yes, he's almost done.  I was like oh wow.

14 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Hey!!  

Glad you're awake and it went well !!

Are you really tired, or do you feel like filling us in on how it went?

So is your catheter hooked up to a bag? Bag on leg, belly, or a pole?

Did the doctor say anything about becoming incontinent before he started the surgery?

I was a bit tired yeah.  But I feel pretty good this morning.  I just had breakfast and Yuni is here.  Dr. Ivan will be here soon to talk with me.  It went well for me and in the brief moment I saw Dr. Ivan in the big post-OR room afterward he said it went great but then was mostly yelling at me to stop trying to sit up.  Then the nurses were asking why I had my pillow on top of my face instead of under my head and I told them that's what I wanted.  The rest was a blur but they brought me back to my room once they decided I was fine.

The catheter has bags of clear liquid from an IV stand feeding into it, and a tube out of it into a collection back hanging from the side of my bed.  They empty it into a sort of plastic carafe and then pour that in the toilet in the bathroom in my room.  I can't see the bag but I see the carafe thing and it used to look like cherry koolaid but now seems to look like pee.

14 hours ago, padded-nightly said:

Glad you're back and everything went well. Thank you for posting an update to let us know you're ok now get off DD and get some rest :)

Welcome to the rest of your diapered, incontinent life!

Thank you so much!  It's actually hard for me to believe.  One thing that happens is when I cough or move (or the door knocks and the nurse comes in) it triggers my pelvic floor and I clench up.  That's the only thing that really causes pain.  But it also made me think like why do I have those muscles doing that tightly around the catheter if my sphincter is supposed to be not working?  I was paranoid that he accidentally forgot to kill my sphincter.  I asked Brownbobby to please tell me I'm wrong and confused and he said yes "you're wrong and confused :)" 🤣

14 hours ago, Kevin140 said:

Thanks for the feedback after the operation. But I also ask myself: Where do you get the strength to write to all of us?

Thank you, so much! 🫶🏻

Haha, thanks!  Well this forum gives me a lot of strength in getting through this so it helps me, too 😁❤️

14 hours ago, DiaperNomad said:

I’m glad that it went well! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Thank you!!

12 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Glad to hear you're doing well! Did the doctor say anything about hydration? Probably better to drink lots to keep flushing the cath. Have they given you any antibiotics for prevention? Pain killers? 

How does it feel? Just like you have a cath in? Have you tried to "clench" at all? I imagine you will attempt to clench reflexively, but now the nerves are sending signals to a muscle that's been sliced up. 

I haven't met with him extensively but the IV is giving me most of my fluids, and the cath (and my bladder) is also being constantly irrigated.  Yes!  The clenching hurts lol.  Everything still clenches but I think would not be able to stop the urine from going out.

12 hours ago, Spargano said:

Feel free not to share if it’s too personal @Reddy, but what do you do for a living that you were able to splurge on 30k for this operation. 

I think more than the question of “should you” shouldn’t you, for the majority of the people on the board, it’s I wish I could afford that. Are you doing payments like for a car or did you have to pay up front?

obviously we are extremely excited and living vicariously though your adventure with slight envy. Happy for you as someone who has been doing the slow way for 10+ years and still isn’t where he’d like to be 😅 

praying your recovery is fast and you can enjoy without complications what you sought for so long.

I will say I have been fortunate in life but never made more than an average US salary.  I am frugal, all my furniture is found or handed down, I get all my clothes at goodwill, and always watch prices.  I do have an interest in investing and some knowledge of taxes and investment vehicles.  But this was an enormous expense for me.  I paid upfront.

6 hours ago, Hannah YMS said:

Congratulations, Reddy! I hope your recovery goes well. Keep us posted!

Thank you!!  I appreciate it and will keep you posted.

2 minutes ago, rick50 said:

what size catheter are you fitted with, are you able to see your urine bag, is it very messy ?

22fr catheter.  The urine bag is out of sight to me, hanging on the outside of my bed.  From watching them carry the drainage away from me, it used to be pink and now it looks like urine. 👍

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Reddy said:

22fr catheter.  The urine bag is out of sight to me, hanging on the outside of my bed.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you managing the other of nature's callings, #2? Or has it just not been an issue yet, because you didn't eat for 24 hours prior to the surgery in any case? I'm curious as to how uncomfortable that would be, with the contraption you are plumbed into for now. 

All the best to you on your journey and in your healing, and thank you for diligently chronicling your experience. I know a lot of people here find this fascinating, and appreciate your frank recounting. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Good morning!  Not yet.  After the surgery was kind of a blur, although I was awake the whole time (to my surprise).  I just had a spinal injection that paralyzed and numbed everything from my waist down and then other medication to make me sleepy and relaxed, but never asleep.  There was a sheet up so I could only see the top of the doctor's head.  I remember asking the anesthesiologist if surgery had started and she said yes, he's almost done.  I was like oh wow.

I was a bit tired yeah.  But I feel pretty good this morning.  I just had breakfast and Yuni is here.  Dr. Ivan will be here soon to talk with me.  It went well for me and in the brief moment I saw Dr. Ivan in the big post-OR room afterward he said it went great but then was mostly yelling at me to stop trying to sit up.  Then the nurses were asking why I had my pillow on top of my face instead of under my head and I told them that's what I wanted.  The rest was a blur but they brought me back to my room once they decided I was fine.

The catheter has bags of clear liquid from an IV stand feeding into it, and a tube out of it into a collection back hanging from the side of my bed.  They empty it into a sort of plastic carafe and then pour that in the toilet in the bathroom in my room.  I can't see the bag but I see the carafe thing and it used to look like cherry koolaid but now seems to look like pee.

Thank you so much!  It's actually hard for me to believe.  One thing that happens is when I cough or move (or the door knocks and the nurse comes in) it triggers my pelvic floor and I clench up.  That's the only thing that really causes pain.  But it also made me think like why do I have those muscles doing that tightly around the catheter if my sphincter is supposed to be not working?  I was paranoid that he accidentally forgot to kill my sphincter.  I asked Brownbobby to please tell me I'm wrong and confused and he said yes "you're wrong and confused :)" 🤣

Haha, thanks!  Well this forum gives me a lot of strength in getting through this so it helps me, too 😁❤️

Thank you!!

I haven't met with him extensively but the IV is giving me most of my fluids, and the cath (and my bladder) is also being constantly irrigated.  Yes!  The clenching hurts lol.  Everything still clenches but I think would not be able to stop the urine from going out.

I will say I have been fortunate in life but never made more than an average US salary.  I am frugal, all my furniture is found or handed down, I get all my clothes at goodwill, and always watch prices.  I do have an interest in investing and some knowledge of taxes and investment vehicles.  But this was an enormous expense for me.  I paid upfront.

Thank you!!  I appreciate it and will keep you posted.

22fr catheter.  The urine bag is out of sight to me, hanging on the outside of my bed.  From watching them carry the drainage away from me, it used to be pink and now it looks like urine. 👍

The change in colour of the urine in your bag from cheery red to normal urine shows you are healing well- good news. I wonder if a larger catheter would open you up a bit more, but I guess it depends if you want a constant dribble or that inability to hold on? Perhaps ask?

5 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

If you don't mind me asking, how are you managing the other of nature's callings, #2? Or has it just not been an issue yet, because you didn't eat for 24 hours prior to the surgery in any case? I'm curious as to how uncomfortable that would be, with the contraption you are plumbed into for now. 

All the best to you on your journey and in your healing, and thank you for diligently chronicling your experience. I know a lot of people here find this fascinating, and appreciate your frank recounting. 

It hasn't been an issue yet since I didn't eat anything yesterday until dinner and then just breakfast this morning.  I'm wondering how uncomfortable it will be back at the hotel.  I did find out that I will have the same collection bag and same long tubes, so I think I will pick it up like a suitcase/purse when I need to walk around.  I'm not switching to a leg bag.  So, that will be interesting but kind of nice that I am just keeping the same set-up.

Thanks, and I will keep you all updated!

4 minutes ago, rick50 said:

The change in colour of the urine in your bag from cheery red to normal urine shows you are healing well- good news. I wonder if a larger catheter would open you up a bit more, but I guess it depends if you want a constant dribble or that inability to hold on? Perhaps ask?

Yes, I think it's a good sign.  I don't think there's any possibility of switching catheters without causing more damage to the urethral lining, which contributes to stricture.  So I'm stuck with this size.  22fr is pretty big.  I've never used or been able to get a catheter that big in, at home.  As far as the constant dribble, long term, I think that will really depend on how well he damaged my sphincters and not having blockage from strictures (although at this point I do expect to be managing strictures for the rest of my life).  Hopefully I'm opened up a lot and dribble forever!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Reddy said:

It hasn't been an issue yet since I didn't eat anything yesterday until dinner and then just breakfast this morning.  I'm wondering how uncomfortable it will be back at the hotel.  I did find out that I will have the same collection bag and same long tubes, so I think I will pick it up like a suitcase/purse when I need to walk around.  I'm not switching to a leg bag.  So, that will be interesting but kind of nice that I am just keeping the same set-up.

Thanks, and I will keep you all updated!

Yes, I think it's a good sign.  I don't think there's any possibility of switching catheters without causing more damage to the urethral lining, which contributes to stricture.  So I'm stuck with this size.  22fr is pretty big.  I've never used or been able to get a catheter that big in, at home.  As far as the constant dribble, long term, I think that will really depend on how well he damaged my sphincters and not having blockage from strictures (although at this point I do expect to be managing strictures for the rest of my life).  Hopefully I'm opened up a lot and dribble forever!

that sounds very wise, best to leave the catheter alone until you are healed. I'm sure you will be wide open after having your bladder neck, sphincter sectioned. Did they remove part of the prostate too? Speaking as someone with an enlarged prostate it would be good if they removed some or all of yours' at the same time to avoid any future problems as you get older

Just now, rick50 said:

that sounds very wise, best to leave the catheter alone until you are healed. I'm sure you will be wide open after having your bladder neck, sphincter sectioned. Did they remove part of the prostate too? Speaking as someone with an enlarged prostate it would be good if they removed some or all of yours' at the same time to avoid any future problems as you get older

Yes, he did transurethral resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and sphincter.  Resecting the prostate also helps a stronger result because the outer end of the prostate is where he has to go in to resect the external sphincter.  I think it's extremely strong odds I'll need diapers forever from now on.  And it is good to avoid or delay any prostate growth problems.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Reddy said:

Yes, he did transurethral resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and sphincter.  Resecting the prostate also helps a stronger result because the outer end of the prostate is where he has to go in to resect the external sphincter.  I think it's extremely strong odds I'll need diapers forever from now on.  And it is good to avoid or delay any prostate growth problems.

What brand of diaper are you going to use once you get back and have all your options available?

I use the white Rearz to reinforce that fact that I wear diapers as a medical necessity and not just because I love them. 

I like being able to see the urine stains in the diaper as well. Colors and cartoons cover that up too much in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, TJ-DL said:

@Reddy I'm so pleased to hear you're on the mend! I'm so excited to hear about your recovery to true incontinence. Thank you for sharing your story with us

Thanks!  I appreciate it 🙏

11 minutes ago, Ineedboth1994 said:

What brand of diaper are you going to use once you get back and have all your options available?

I use the white Rearz to reinforce that fact that I wear diapers as a medical necessity and not just because I love them. 

I like being able to see the urine stains in the diaper as well. Colors and cartoons cover that up too much in my opinion. 

I am the same, just personally I happen to like white diapers that indicate I need to wear diapers vs any kind of abdl diaper.  I love the yellow stain too.  Btw, pro-tip: vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is THE single component of vitamins/B-vitamins that make your pee bright yellow.  Take a B2 with every big swig of water and your diaper will look radioactive yellow.

I will probably use a lot of megamax, some northshore supreme, and occasionally some Trest or In-Control/Rearz.  And betterdry.  I'm not really sure what my go-to will be.  I also really like the wellness original briefs.

I'm happy because I'm back to the hotel now!  I don't have to go back to the hospitales unless something comes up like a catheter blockage.  Yuni will come each day and she will take out my catheter on Saturday.  Then I'll find out of the surgery did anything. 😁

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, TheSuperDiaperBoy said:

MegaMax gang right here. Best diaper out there.

Agreed, in general, although, not to turn this thread into a diaper review channel, but, if you like the MegaMax, try the Rearz/Incontrol Mega Inspire+, and/or their BeDry Night. The BeDry is probably built more like the MegaMax, in that they hold a lot, relative to their initial bulk - I'd say that they're a heavy-duty diaper that wears like a medium-duty diaper. I can wear a BeDry Night out and about during the day, until it's at least 50% full. I did that yesterday - I wore one for most of the day, spending the latter part of the evening at home, where the visible bulk of my diaper is not a concern. The Mega Inspire+ is very bulky, even starting out, but their capacity and comfort are amazing. As to if they're better than a MegaMax, I think that comes down to cost - where I am (Canada), Rearz products cost notably less than NorthShore, so if the performance is comparable, I tend to reach for the Rearz. But I love the MegaMax, and I do have them in my inventory as well, I just use them more as "special occasion" diapers, so I don't burn through 14 of them a week. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reddy said:

Thanks!  I appreciate it 🙏

Yuni will come each day and she will take out my catheter on Saturday.  Then I'll find out of the surgery did anything. 😁

So we need one more countdown to Uncontrollably Soggy Diapers now. ^_^

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

Agreed, in general, although, not to turn this thread into a diaper review channel, but, if you like the MegaMax, try the Rearz/Incontrol Mega Inspire+, and/or their BeDry Night. The BeDry is probably built more like the MegaMax, in that they hold a lot, relative to their initial bulk - I'd say that they're a heavy-duty diaper that wears like a medium-duty diaper. I can wear a BeDry Night out and about during the day, until it's at least 50% full. I did that yesterday - I wore one for most of the day, spending the latter part of the evening at home, where the visible bulk of my diaper is not a concern. The Mega Inspire+ is very bulky, even starting out, but their capacity and comfort are amazing. As to if they're better than a MegaMax, I think that comes down to cost - where I am (Canada), Rearz products cost notably less than NorthShore, so if the performance is comparable, I tend to reach for the Rearz. But I love the MegaMax, and I do have them in my inventory as well, I just use them more as "special occasion" diapers, so I don't burn through 14 of them a week. 

Agreed. The mega inspire+ is hands down the best product out there IMO. 

Northshore aren’t nearly thick enough or absorbent enough around the waist IMO. 

Not trying to distract from @Reddy peeing his pants but since we’re all playing jeopardy music and waiting for Saturday we might as well talk about something.

• Haha 5
35 minutes ago, Ineedboth1994 said:

Agreed. The mega inspire+ is hands down the best product out there IMO. 

Northshore aren’t nearly thick enough or absorbent enough around the waist IMO. 

Not trying to distract from @Reddy peeing his pants but since we’re all playing jeopardy music and waiting for Saturday we might as well talk about something.

Going to throw the Str8up and Tighty Whities from Tykables into the fray of premium diapers to consider. If one is going to spend $3 on a MegaMax, the world is their oyster as far as options are concerned. There are not many diapers that are more expensive and none at the case quantity that I know of.

• Like 1

Reddy...

Good to hear that you're doing ok!!! You mentioned a few times in your after-surgery postings that you were going to be talking soon with Dr. Ivan. Did that happen? Did he say much about your upcoming incontinence and diaper dependence? How about possible erectile disfunction? How long after the catheter is removed will you stay in Mexico?

Hello Reddy, I have been following your postings. You have written a very good and detailed dialog. Now that your surgery is finished and you are healing, I do wish you good health and a speedy recovery. I hope things will turn out the way you want and you will be dribbling constantly. Welcome to the wonderful world of diaper wearers.

When you are home in the USA and healed from the surgery, from what you wrote, you are expecting to be in diapers full time. Do you think since this is a new experience (incontinence) you might try to testing yourself by not wearing a diaper and seeing if you can keep your pants dry? I was thinking that maybe your body will try to hold it in since this is what you have done all through the years. BUT, if the surgery is completely successful you will still dribble or just pee and wet yourself. Of course if you are wearing a diaper, that would be the expected result. By not wearing a diaper, you may try to hold yourself from peeing. I was just wondering if you plan to test yourself to see if the operation was a success.

I guess I am a bit jealous of your boldness to get the procedure to render yourself diaper dependent. Now you have a legitimate reason to go shopping for diapers. I am doing my best this year to wear diapers full time and use them for urinating. I have BPH or an enlarged prostate and have trouble starting a stream. I have turned to wearing diapers so that if I feel the slightest urge, I can just pee. I know I will eventually need a procedure, but I don't believe the USA doctors will render me incontinent on purpose, like yours did. I wish you happiness in your new life.

Another question. When you return home and find out that you are incontinent, will you have to move your postings to the incontinent group, rather than the incontinent desires group?

Keep up the interesting posts, you are doing a great job.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, michael1538 said:

Do you think since this is a new experience (incontinence) you might try to testing yourself by not wearing a diaper and seeing if you can keep your pants dry? 

From what I understand, with this type of surgery, and some prostate surgeries, if a guy is sitting down in a certain way, the urethra is squeezed shut until he stands up. Then what ever urine has collected in his bladder while sitting, just gushes out. This would be amazing to feel, imagine you stand up and just flood your pants, with no control...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

if a guy is sitting down in a certain way, the urethra is squeezed shut until he stands up. Then what ever urine has collected in his bladder while sitting, just gushes out.

As an incontinent, where this is most obvious to me is in the car on long trips.  The sitting position does put the brakes on, but when I get out of the car, within seconds my bladder drains into my diaper.  Not a big deal in the summertime, but when pumping gas on a mid-January night on the cold, wind swept plains of northern Iowa?  Yeah, it's a big deal, in the sense that this is all a logistical exercise.  In the summer, on a one day hop from Texas to Minnesota, I'd wear Molicare throughout, and change after a heavy wetting.  But in the wintertime, I switch over to a Bambino product on my next to last stop in Missouri so that I can make it home without a change, no matter how much gushes out of me in Iowa.

Incontinent people have to think about things that people with bladder and bowel control pretty much take for granted.  Think about them, and plan for them.  I'll say it again: dealing with incontinence is above all else a logistical exercise.     

• Like 4
19 hours ago, diapered 4 ever said:

So we need one more countdown to Uncontrollably Soggy Diapers now. ^_^

Yep!  Only 3 days away.

IMG-20240214-WA0002.thumb.jpg.b06a0f5e2752a00995665a0d7c815b6b.jpg

14 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Reddy...

Good to hear that you're doing ok!!! You mentioned a few times in your after-surgery postings that you were going to be talking soon with Dr. Ivan. Did that happen? Did he say much about your upcoming incontinence and diaper dependence? How about possible erectile disfunction? How long after the catheter is removed will you stay in Mexico?

I did but only briefly.  He said that sometimes it's hard to achieve incontinence and if I am not incontinent, we will be in touch about my level of incontinence and come back 3 weeks later and have another procedure to resect everything that is left.  However, he said that my procedure went great and he thinks I'm gonna have a really good result.  Also, he says that to everybody and everybody is incontinent.  I wouldn't be able to come back in three weeks anyway.  Maybe next year.

We didn't talk about erectile dysfunction at all.  After the catheter comes out Saturday, I fly home Wednesday (a week from today).

11 hours ago, michael1538 said:

Hello Reddy, I have been following your postings. You have written a very good and detailed dialog. Now that your surgery is finished and you are healing, I do wish you good health and a speedy recovery. I hope things will turn out the way you want and you will be dribbling constantly. Welcome to the wonderful world of diaper wearers.

When you are home in the USA and healed from the surgery, from what you wrote, you are expecting to be in diapers full time. Do you think since this is a new experience (incontinence) you might try to testing yourself by not wearing a diaper and seeing if you can keep your pants dry? I was thinking that maybe your body will try to hold it in since this is what you have done all through the years. BUT, if the surgery is completely successful you will still dribble or just pee and wet yourself. Of course if you are wearing a diaper, that would be the expected result. By not wearing a diaper, you may try to hold yourself from peeing. I was just wondering if you plan to test yourself to see if the operation was a success.

I guess I am a bit jealous of your boldness to get the procedure to render yourself diaper dependent. Now you have a legitimate reason to go shopping for diapers. I am doing my best this year to wear diapers full time and use them for urinating. I have BPH or an enlarged prostate and have trouble starting a stream. I have turned to wearing diapers so that if I feel the slightest urge, I can just pee. I know I will eventually need a procedure, but I don't believe the USA doctors will render me incontinent on purpose, like yours did. I wish you happiness in your new life.

Another question. When you return home and find out that you are incontinent, will you have to move your postings to the incontinent group, rather than the incontinent desires group?

Keep up the interesting posts, you are doing a great job.

Yes, I will probably test myself and see if I truly can't wear normal clothes without diapers.  I am guessing that won't last long.  But so many times, out of old habits, I will probably try to put on boxers and pants.

I didn't consider that.  Yes, I will probably have some postings in the incontinence subforum, but also some here.

Thank you for the encouragement!

• Like 2

when will you be discharged back to your hotel, how will that occur, will they take you back and make sure you are safely in your room? And it sounds like you may find walking difficult after your procedure

9 minutes ago, rick50 said:

when will you be discharged back to your hotel, how will that occur, will they take you back and make sure you are safely in your room? And it sounds like you may find walking difficult after your procedure

Yes, I am in my hotel now, Yuni brought me back from the hospital yesterday (Tuesday) mid-day.  She got me a huge 10L jug of water and carried my backpack up for me.  She gave me the instructions for my medication, showering, etc.  She will be back again today, and will visit every day until she takes the catheter out on Saturday, here in my hotel room.  Walking is difficult and tiring, and it's nerve-wracking with the catheter, being afraid of hitting it, or pulling on it.  I like to turn back and forth on either side in bed and I must be very slow doing that.  Coughing is frustrating because I want to cough, but I have to balance it against the amount of pain in my pelvic region when those muscles activate for the cough.  Overall, things are fine and I can cough okay, and even managed a shower yesterday before sleep.  I slept maybe 14 hours.  That was wonderful.  My blackout curtains make it impossible to tell what time of day it is, and I love that.  I'll probably nap again soon.

• Like 12

Reddy said:

"He said that sometimes it's hard to achieve incontinence and if I am not incontinent, we will be in touch about my level of incontinence and come back 3 weeks later and have another procedure to resect everything that is left."

I hope you get the incontinence you want with the surgery you just had... BUT the thought that crosses my mind, is why didn't he "resect everything that is left." in the first place?

Does maid service at the hotel interrupt your rest? I imagine that not every guest stays in their room everyday, with a catheter bag hanging on the bed... Wait until Saturday, and you're filling the waste basket with wet diapers! 😄

Are you on pain meds and antibiotics?

• Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico