LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

33 minutes ago, DiaperNomad said:

Despite what other have said, I do not believe it is a good idea to be upfront with your doctors about the surgery. If I had the surgery the last thing I would want on my medical chart is a doctor speculating that I have committed some form of "Self Harm" or to have them attempt to refer me for psychiatric help. While I don't see it as a form of self harm I doubt a doctor would agree with me and that is the issue. As for what to tell them? I have no idea 🤷‍♂️.

Also best of luck with the surgery! You are doing us all a big service by keeping us updated!

There's actually a thread here by someone who attempted to get this surgery in the US. He actually persuaded a psychiatrist to sign off on it, but the urologist's response felt like a polite way of saying "you crazy".

On 1/18/2024 at 6:45 PM, Reddy said:

It's not a magic bullet.  One of the individuals who had the surgery posted in a different thread that while he's glad he had it done, it's not 100% incontinence like in the fantasy stories.  Another patient I have been in contact with directly.  He initially had constant dribbling but now his bladder is partially filling and then having unexpected leaks.  With an occasional blockage feeling.  And while initially he soaked diapers overnight, now his bladder fills and wakes him up.  When he stands up in the morning, he wets his diaper.  He still wets unexpectedly many times a day.  Both patients had strictures.  One told me his erections are weaker.

There are guaranteed to be side effects.  I fully expect to have tightening and blockages that require fixing, weaker erections, pain, and maybe regret.

So I'm realistic (I think), but I'm still SO excited.  Regardless of the complications I will certainly need to wear diapers everywhere for the rest of my life.  I will still pee frequently, unexpectedly, and uncontrollably.  And that still sounds absolutely fantastic, and worth anything else I have to deal with.

25 days left until surgery  🙂

Keeping this post in mind going in.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Reddy said:

Keeping this post in mind going in.

The posting you referenced was a while ago. Have you chatted with these people since? I just wondered if their incontinence has changed at all since then.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

The posting you referenced was a while ago. Have you chatted with these people since? I just wondered if their incontinence has changed at all since then.

I don’t think it has been smooth.  I think everybody got strictures.

2 hours ago, Reddy said:

IMG-20240207-WA0006.thumb.jpg.4cb5239f4c32f6f42e62dacc81779d16.jpg

IMG-20240207-WA0007.thumb.jpg.b4ae29e77d9eb2c756553f73a3e78fbf.jpg

Is the excitement level building? Have you pre-packed your luggage to see if you have enough room for the diapers you're taking?  Are all the arrangements made with the clinic? 

2 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Is the excitement level building? Have you pre-packed your luggage to see if you have enough room for the diapers you're taking?  Are all the arrangements made with the clinic? 

Yes, I'm getting excited!  Everything is arranged with the clinic.   They have my itinerary to pick me up from the airport.  I am not packed yet.  I need to do laundry and then pack everything.  I did make my packing list earlier so it will be quick to pack.  I can't believe my flight is only 64 hours away.

An update for today.

I feel a little lonely suddenly.  I took great care not to tell anybody where I'm going and what I'm doing.  Now it sort of feels like I'm breaking some kind of rule.  Or that I'd like to see my friends but I won't be able to because I'll be stuck in Mexico (and then recovering at home).  I hope everything goes well.  I'm also hungry.  Maybe I just need to eat and then I'll feel better.  Lol.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Reddy said:

I wonder if @BrownBobby has any advice 👀

Tbh, I understand why everybody who got the surgery seems to have stopped interacting on this site.  There is some extreme negativity and plain rudeness.  Not in this thread recently, but in the past here, and in other threads now.  I wouldn't want to stick around either if that's all there was here for me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

What would be gained by telling family or friends what you're doing? You'd just get pressured not to do it. 

You DO have plenty of folks here who will gladly chat with you... Myself included.  Also, regarding the up-coming operation, well, we're all interested in diapers and incontinence here, at least in this forum. 

Also, having something to eat and drink ALWAYS helps you're mood. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Diapered Dave said:

What would be gained by telling family or friends what you're doing? You'd just get pressured not to do it. 

You DO have plenty of folks here who will gladly chat with you... Myself included.  Also, regarding the up-coming operation, well, we're all interested in diapers and incontinence here, at least in this forum. 

Also, having something to eat and drink ALWAYS helps you're mood. 😁

Thanks 😊  And yes, it really does.

You're right.  There were reasons I didn't tell them, and that's a great one.

I'm still planning on keeping people updated as long as they are interested 👍

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Reddy said:

I feel a little lonely suddenly.

That’s because you’re doing something alone.  Cheer-leading only works so far.  Eventually you find yourself 30 feet up climbing the ladder to the diving platform and you look back to realise that all your cheerleaders are a long way down and safely on the ground.  It's just you.  I’m not saying that with any kind of persuasion/dissuasion agenda, it’s just an observation I’ve made of myself when I’ve done something a little bit “out there”.

4 hours ago, Reddy said:

Tbh, I understand why everybody who got the surgery seems to have stopped interacting on this site.  There is some extreme negativity and plain rudeness.  Not in this thread recently, but in the past here, and in other threads now.  I wouldn't want to stick around either if that's all there was here for me.

It might be that the (relatively) smooth sailing on this thread reflects changing times (oh the puns NEVER stop with diapers) and people are becoming more open-minded.  It may also be that by persisting and remaining reasonable, you are changing the group dynamic.

As for post-operative radio silence, I’m hoping that your insight into this phenomenon might persuade you to pull aside the padded curtain you'll pass behind and tell us what life truly looks like from the other side.

It really is a bit of a head-spin for me.  You're going to walk through some glass doors and come back out them a day or so later with permanent diaper dependency.

I've spent nearly 5 years trudging up the side of that diaper-dependency mountain and I suspect I'm no more than half way there.

You've gone and booked a helicopter to take you directly to the summit!

Anyway, in case you scoot out before I next see your thread, good luck, I wish you well and look forward to hearing of your adventure on the flip side!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, oznl said:

That’s because you’re doing something alone.  Cheer-leading only works so far.  Eventually you find yourself 30 feet up climbing the ladder to the diving platform and you look back to realise that all your cheerleaders are a long way down and safely on the ground.  It's just you.  I’m not saying that with any kind of persuasion/dissuasion agenda, it’s just an observation I’ve made of myself when I’ve done something a little bit “out there”.

It might be that the (relatively) smooth sailing on this thread reflects changing times (oh the puns NEVER stop with diapers) and people are becoming more open-minded.  It may also be that by persisting and remaining reasonable, you are changing the group dynamic.

As for post-operative radio silence, I’m hoping that your insight into this phenomenon might persuade you to pull aside the padded curtain you'll pass behind and tell us what life truly looks like from the other side.

It really is a bit of a head-spin for me.  You're going to walk through some glass doors and come back out them a day or so later with permanent diaper dependency.

I've spent nearly 5 years trudging up the side of that diaper-dependency mountain and I suspect I'm no more than half way there.

You've gone and booked a helicopter to take you directly to the summit!

Anyway, in case you scoot out before I next see your thread, good luck, I wish you well and look forward to hearing of your adventure on the flip side!

Thank you for this post.  The diving platform analogy is really helpful somehow.  I understand that it's normal to feel that way a little, and why I do, so thank you for that.

I'm pretty certain I'll stick around and provide updates.  If anything, I've seen that I really do need this platform to have people who know what I'm doing and understand what my journey is.

Thank you for the well wishes!  It's only a few days away. 😁

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Reddy said:

Thank you for this post.  The diving platform analogy is really helpful somehow.  I understand that it's normal to feel that way a little, and why I do, so thank you for that.

I'm pretty certain I'll stick around and provide updates.  If anything, I've seen that I really do need this platform to have people who know what I'm doing and understand what my journey is.

Thank you for the well wishes!  It's only a few days away. 😁

I really like the diving platform analogy, because after you jump, you'll be all wet!

• Haha 6
20 hours ago, Reddy said:

I agree and I think you know that :)

But, please don't let the haters scare you away. For a lot of reasons, some of which are selfish, I would be very sad (and worried) if you disappeared and never updated us after surgery!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have been lurking here since start and I just wanted to say you are very brave for both taking this step AND sharing it on the internet. 

Please let us know how this went.  Im very excited to read the results.

Im also sure your experience and endresults are going to be very valuable for others who are thinking about this. 

Wishing you all the best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I have been lurking here since start and I just wanted to say you are very brave for both taking this step AND sharing it on the internet. 

Please let us know how this went.  Im very excited to read the results.

Im also sure your experience and endresults are going to be very valuable for others who are thinking about this. 

Wishing you all the best! 

Thank you!  I appreciate that.  I will definitely update everyone about how it went.  It will be very soon now.  😁

42 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Thank you!  I appreciate that.  I will definitely update everyone about how it went.  It will be very soon now.  😁

One more day at work..... Then the next time you go to work, you'll be diapered !!  Nervous? excited? Prepared?`

• Like 1

Well i have to say your climbing the diving board i hope to climb one day. So im very glad your very open about and will to share your feelings with us cant wait to know how it go's!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, voodoochild said:

Well i have to say your climbing the diving board i hope to climb one day. So im very glad your very open about and will to share your feelings with us cant wait to know how it go's!

Thanks!  I will keep you updated 👍😁

1 hour ago, Diapered Dave said:

One more day at work..... Then the next time you go to work, you'll be diapered !!  Nervous? excited? Prepared?`

I'm not too nervous, but maybe it will hit me more when I arrive down there.  I am VERY excited.  And prepared as well as I can be.  😁

Good luck! Excited to hear the updates, and hope the recovery goes well for you. I imagine there will likely be some pain for a while before you heal, but I'm sure you are prepared for that. Keep us posted and enjoy the journey!

• Thanks 1
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico