LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Diaper for Daytime Use?

essex

I’ve realized recently that I need to to go back to wearing diapers 24/7 instead of just at home. Last time I was strict 24/7 I had a remote job, so I was able to wear thick abdl diapers all the time. This isn’t the case anymore, so I’m seeking your recommendations for a good daytime diaper.

Definitely want a tabbed brief, absorbency and leak protection are super important, but would also like something relatively discreet. I generally wear loose fitting clothing , so it’s not a huge deal. I’m usually able to conceal peekabus without much issue. 

I was looking at the tena pro skin ultras on Amazon. They seem to be a good value, I was wondering if anybody here had an opinion on those, or something else I should get instead.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I like Rearz Activ Air cloth-backed briefs when I need to be discrete. They're quiet, discrete but still absorbent. They dont' have the absorbency of a heavy duty diaper like a plastic backed Rearz (like an InControl or a Safari etc) or a Northshore Megamax. Other than that, my go-to everyday diapers  are on the thicker, noisy side- Northshore Megamax, Dry 24/7, Rearz Violet, and lately the diapers I've recently tried- Sunkiss Ultimate Absorbency in pink from Amazon. 

Ultimately every person and their situation is different, so if you can maybe try some samples until you find ones you like. I hope you find diapers that fit both your needs!

• Like 2

I don't think there is a "One diaper fits all" situation.  How do you go about your normal day?  Lets say at work?  Even that depends on the type of work you do.  Let's say you work a labor job or construction.  If you are very active and moving around a lot that could put a lot of stress on a diaper and you may need to change it sooner than wear it all day long.  Maybe you get a break or lunch at the 4 hour mark.  That could be a good time to change into a fresh diaper, meaning you can get by with thinner diapers like Abena 2 or 3.  They would be more discreet and not as bulky if you have concerns about coworkers and other's knowing or discovering you wear diapers.  If you have an office job, what is your normal daily routine?  Do you work in a big office in close proximity to a lot of people who might notice a thick diaper under thin knit dress pants?  Would they smell urine after 5 hours if you went all day in the same diaper?  If you have a lunch around 4 hours, you could wear a less bulky diaper and change diapers if you can do it discreetly without others finding out if you don't want anyone to know.  On the other hand, if you have meetings that run over or get stuck on a project and can't do lunch at the 4 hour mark, you might find a thinner diaper at the leaking point before you are able to change.  Some days depending on what will be going on at work you might want a longer lasting diaper but still maybe not a big thick bulky 10 hour diaper.  Other days you might find a thinner 4 or 5 hour diaper to be better.

Times when you are not at work can also differ.  If just at home all day with no plans to go out you might wear the 10 to 12 hour bulky diapers like Mega Max, Betterdry, Trest and others as bulk won't really matter and you don't have to be discreet at home in your own house.  On a recent trip when I was driving most of the day I wore a thick bulky Trest diaper and Betterdry diapers that I could be in 8+ hours without worrying about leaks.  Who is going to see diaper bulk when I'm driving in my car?  Even when I stopped at a couple small museums in those diapers, plastic pants and onesie under shorts no one seemed to notice.  If I was planning to go to a restaurant with family or friends I'd wear a thinner less bulky diaper so it wouldn't be noticeable.  I believe strangers who do not know you won't even notice a bulky diaper but people you work with, family and friends you know well get to know just how you normally look.  Even if you look just a little bulky, something nags at them subconsciously that you just don't look quite right and eventually they figure it out.  Therefore, going out with friends, family, people like that I would wear a thinner diaper to look more discreet and plan on where I can change it if I needed to.

I think you should to step back and analyze your daily routines, find out when you need to be more discreet and use less bulky diapers, figure out a schedule when and how during the day you can change without others knowing and plan a diaper size and capacity for those situations.  Same as when going out with friends or family gatherings if you don't want anyone to know you are 24/7 wearing diapers.  Use the thick all day diapers when you have home time or not around people you know.  If you really don't care who knows you wear diapers or plan on telling them, you can wear whatever diaper and however bulky you want for any situation.  I still think it's a good idea to find different diapers or different bulk and fit for different situations and not just wear one size and brand of diaper all the time.   

13 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I like Rearz Activ Air cloth-backed briefs when I need to be discrete. They're quiet, discrete but still absorbent. They dont' have the absorbency of a heavy duty diaper like a plastic backed Rearz (like an InControl or a Safari etc) or a Northshore Megamax. Other than that, my go-to everyday diapers  are on the thicker, noisy side- Northshore Megamax, Dry 24/7, Rearz Violet, and lately the diapers I've recently tried- Sunkiss Ultimate Absorbency in pink from Amazon. 

Ultimately every person and their situation is different, so if you can maybe try some samples until you find ones you like. I hope you find diapers that fit both your needs!

I certainly second the Air Active! They are my main diaper currently and are surprisingly thin but hold a lot. In general they are just way more comfy than most, mainly from the way they fit but also the hook and loop make them easy to adjust without getting loose. Tenas used to be my main diaper but after finding these, I prefer them so much more!

• Like 1

I like the Rearz Active Air as well. I'd also put forward the NorthShore Air Supreme (breathable), their Supreme (plastic-backed), and, the Tranquility ATN as a distant fourth (another tabbed plastic backed diaper that is relatively slim-fitting but offers okay reliability). I like Rearz' Essential and their Lil' series of printed diapers, the Lil' Monsters/Splash/Bella's - they're plastic diapers of medium weight that I find work well under clothes but also provide some decent cruising range. They're a bit bulkier than a Supreme or an ATN. 

The Tena ProSkin Stretch Ultra's (or whatever their full name is) are my current gym diapers, so I know them well. They do punch above their weight, they are comfortable and silent, they are slim, and they have surprised me with what they can hold, but they're definitely the equivalent of towing a trailer with a car, versus using a 1/2 ton pickup truck. They'll work fine for short trips. Don't try to cross the continent in one. 

Any version of the BabyDoll Diaper would do. The Half BabyDoll or Petite BabyDoll would take you through 6 hours, which is half of the 12 hours that the Full BabyDoll or Frtench BabyDoll would take, the Petite BabyDoll would take you through 8 since you would not feel the wet and the French BabyDoll could ordinarily take you through 15 Hours because, again, you would not feel the wet

I can wear either as I am in dresses, skirts or babydolls when I am en petite fille, which is the case when I am indiapers. Any BabyDoll diaper is quite thick. It was made for a little girl (see the link to "About Christine's Diapers" for the origin story of the BabyDoll diaper)