LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has wearing diapers changed your bathroom habits?

Little Sherri

Has wearing diapers changed your bathroom habits?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Has wearing diapers changed your bathroom habits, and if so, how?

• Nope; I have no control, or it has diminished, in both departments, so whatever happens, happens when it decides to happen.
    • Nope, I prefer to live as though I have no control, so, I do what I need to do as soon as I feel I need to do it, irrespective of where or when.
    • I wet whenever I need to but I am selective about when and where to perform act #2 in my pants.
    • I choose my moments for both #1 and #2, just as I do (or did) when not wearing diapers.
    • I only use my diaper for wetting, and I go frequently, I don't hold it.
    • I only use my diaper for wetting, but I only go at certain times, basically following a pattern similar to if I were going to a washroom to relieve myself.
    • A caregiver or significant other manages my diapering entirely, so I give this no thought and I don't (or can't) schedule anything.
    • A caregiver or significant other manages my diapering entirely, but I do choose my moments, depending on where I am, the time, etc.

This may seem like a question with an obvious answer, but I never want to presuppose that anyone else's experience has been the same as mine, so I thought I'd put the question out into the ether: has wearing diapers changed your bathroom habits, and if so, how?

I discovered early on in my diaper wearing career that most products contend with frequent, small wettings much better than they do with infrequent deluges. Some diaper models will take dribbles all day long, until they've contained heroic quantities of moisture, whereas one really good flooding might precipitate a leak and force a diaper change, and I've always been about trying to get maximum value out of my baby pants, while at the same time not experiencing leaks or requiring frequent wardrobe changes. So, I used to get mad at myself if I'd stop paying attention, concentrate on something else (work, driving, a movie, whatever), and then find that my bladder was getting full after a couple of hours. Now, ~4.5 years later, wetting every 15 to 30 minutes comes naturally to me, most of the time, and I tend to get uncomfortable after 45 minutes to an hour. Whereas, in the "before times", I used to drive all over the province for my job, and would often go from 8 AM until lunch without a pitstop. So, being diapered has definitely changed my habits. 

Which leads me to... the other of nature's callings. I don't really use my diapers for #2, but for those of you who do, does being in them cause you to behave differently, the that department? I'd imagine that, for those of you with control of the process, were you not in diapers, you might have, for example, willingly gone to use the potty for #2, while you were at, ay, a restaurant with friends, whereas, if you prefer to use your diapers for that, I'd imagine you might wait until you were at least headed home, if not already there, before scorching the earth? Or, that you might preemptively load up your Huggies before heading out, and then change them, just to get it over with, so you don't have to worry about a diaper change in a public space? Or maybe I have that totally wrong? 

I started wearing diapers for fun during my high school years,

and pretty soon after started having nighttime accidents freshman year of college.

Nowadays, I always sleep diapered because I always wake up wet.

And if i'm going on a car ride longer than 2 hours I'll wear a diaper.

My bladder has certainly shrunk.  I'll have to go pretty bad and when I use the toilet I'll only pee for 8-10 seconds.

As soon as I put on a diaper my bladder goes into diaper mode, and I'll wet every 10-15 minutes.

• Like 2

I have rained myself for diaper use a lot.  I'm never really holding anything i go small amounts frequently at the times i notice at all.  I can hold if i think about it but if not then wetting is pretty much always a thing.  i havent tried in a long time because i feel testing is a barrier to diaper training.   Most of my messing is in the am so I usually go out after,but accidents happen and will start heading to somewhere i can change when it become imminent.

No.  When I am wearing a diaper, I use it.  When not wearing diapers (85% or more of the time), I use the toilet like most other people do when they have to pee or poop.  Diapers are a fun thing for me to do now and then but they have no effect on my regular normal life.

• Like 1

I wear diapers 24/7 and permanently. I use them as intended and I go when I need to. I don't have the need for the toilet because I am not potty trained and I go in my diapers instead.

No: i'm already incontinent both ways because of my disability. Noticed since 2019 that it was getting worse. Part of the problem that people have when you are disabled is that there are certain things that happen to your body as you age. Thought that I was going to have a heck of a time trying to explain to the state why I would need diapers. I thought that is because they would always want you to go to a urologist right away when they automatically think that you need diapers or when you think you need diapers. I just told the state that I have cerebral palsy, it is a neurological condition, and I do have friends and family members who have had that condition, and it is to be expected that someone may have a sub condition of incontinence because of it. I figured that it is time that I do not worry about my bathroom habits as much as I used to, because 90% of the time I'm running to the bathroom, or I'm unable to sleep because I'm sitting in the bathroom all night. Wearing diapers makes that not so much of an issue.

This doesn't mean however that I wouldn't change when it's necessary. There have been times when I've had to change two or three times during the night, and there's times when I was able to let it go until morning. However, I've noticed that my bathroom habits have changed and wearing diapers is necessary now, 24 hours a day seven days a week. If I have to use the bathroom I use the bathroom, I don't worry about what's gonna happen or where, because I'm always prepared for the inevitable.

When your incontinent both ways, you have to make sacrifices, and I've done just that. I don't let my body run me down, but I don't ignore my body either. 90% of the time people when they have to go to the bathroom for example run to the bathroom because they don't want to wet themselves. I've had that happen to me on several occasions where I've run, and then I end up nailing my knees or my legs or something hurting myself making it impossible for me to stand, and that's a danger to me. Wearing diapers eliminates the danger because I'm already prepared for the inevitable all I'm doing is changing the diaper. Easier to wear diapers when you are disabled then it is to keep on trying to go to the bathroom all the time, or feel like you have to go to the bathroom and then sit on the toilet all night and lose sleep.

So yes my habits have changed, because I know how to handle it, and I have all of the necessary equipment that I need. To order some more supplies in a few onesies and maybe some more diapers but I'm pretty well set as far as that goes

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Word Edit
  • Like 2

I’m in diapers all the time and use them for the reason babies wear them. I will hold my poops if I’m somewhere that I can’t change or will sometimes use a potty for that but at home, diapers are my potty.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Pampertimmy said:

I’m in diapers all the time and use them for the reason babies wear them. I will hold my poops if I’m somewhere that I can’t change or will sometimes use a potty for that but at home, diapers are my potty.

I'm in diapers permanently and I use them for the same reason babies use them. I use them as intended and that means for all my poops and pee. Since I am not potty trained I am required to be kept in diapers and I am not allowed out of them. Diapers are why I am an adult baby.

• Like 1

I haven’t used a toilet properly since I was 9 years old . I only use them to empty my diaper or to be sick in . 
I have a toilet seat and potty but even those are not used much now days.

• Like 1