LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the highest capacity diaper?

One of the highest capacity major brands is the NorthShore MegaMax. With moderate fluid consumption, a single MegaMax  could last you for the whole trip.

Trest claims 9500ML, however with any diaper claim, half that because the manufacture's capacity and practical capacity are two totally different things.  Trest do hold a ton, but if you are planning a long truck drive, do yourself a favor and get a good fitting high quality pair of waterproof pants.  No matter what diaper you have, eventually you will need to change or they will leak, especially sitting and driving for hours.  I did get 9 hours out of a Trest while really wetting a lot but it was leaking.  I've gotten 10+ hours from a Betterdry not wetting quite as much but again, at that point it was leaking.

I'm planning a vacation trip a week from today and I will be driving quite a while with 3 or 4 tourist stops along the way before getting to my hotel around 8 or 9pm.  I will need to change diapers about half way there, probably at one of the car museums I plan to stop at.  My thought was to wear a Trest diaper because their capacity is very high and people have said they can easily go 12 hours in one.  That would take me from when I leave home until I get to the hotel, but I also discovered when I did a test of a Trest diaper at home, the diaper was very very heavy and sagging between my legs and even with plastic pants and a snap crotch onesie, it felt like it would end up down around my ankles at any moment.  Way too heavy and uncomfortable to be walking around in, let alone museums.  Huge capacity is one thing but if the diaper is already too heavy and sagging before it even reaches it's limit, I say best to just change before it's limit.  When that's the case, why spend much more money on a package of expensive Trest diapers when a Betterdry will last to the same duration before needing to change because of the weight?  If a Betterdry will need to be changed around the 7 or 8 hour mark because it's heavy and reached capacity, the Trest diaper will be just as heavy and sagging even if their might be another hour or two left. 

My plan is to still start with a Trest and see how long I can go before it gets too wet and heavy and I want to change.  Then I'll go with a Betterdry that should take me the distance to the hotel.  I'll see how they both compare, not so much in overall capacity but how long each of them go before I feel I need to change due to sagging, heaviness and feeling uncomfortable walking around.  I will be wearing good plastic pants and a onesie over each diaper and then my shorts.

I completely agree with Rusty. Capacity isn't always the determining or desired factor. Get a good diaper and resolve to change it somewhere along the way. Can't emphasize the importance of an overpant -- I prefer plastic, but it's your choice. Finding a place to change isn't that hard -- I've used stalls multiple times and really don't care who sees me throwing a used diaper away. You'll probably never see them again. And if you do, so what?

• Like 2

To my knowledge, Rearz sports the Mega Inspire+ diaper. They claim an 11,000 ml ISO capacity. I got the urge to try them and so far I'm very happy. They don't leak for a LONG time, I've been able to sleep wet without leaking, and not to mention they make you waddle after a while. Forget Megamax, too expensive for the cruising range it gives you. Mega Inspire+ is probably the best disposable adult diaper I've ever worn.

• Like 1

Large diaper capacity is not your only issue. Wearing a wet diaper while driving for 2-3 hours can cause rashes. Despite advertised capacity, a car/truck seat is not ideally designed to allow a diaper to fully expand - thus, the padding directly under your butts pressure points can't expand. Add to this the movement needed to press the pedals while driving means that you are forcing what has been absorbed back out where it usually leaks at the leg cuffs and belly and back.

A 9+ hour capacity - overnight in bed this would work, but sitting on same roughly in the same place for the time will ensure leaks and nasty diaper rash - as the diaper multiple times rewet your skin. You are basically leaving your but and genitals in luke warm water for 9 hours and adding the friction of movement of the padding & leg gathers etc. From a skin care perspective, this is not good.

What I'd advise is :-

1. Thinner or less absorbant diaper, plus multiple diaper changes along the way (lets say every 2 odd hours).
  2. Diaper barrier cream.
  3. Partner that can take over the driving every 2 hours allowing you to change and rest.

35 hour driving without stopping is not good from a concentration perspective -  so doing same increases the risk of an accident and diminshed capacity / ability to react and prevent an accident. I suspect that is not your intention, but looking for a diaper to handle between stops. Most night weigh diapers have that capacity, but a diaper needs also to be comfortable and functional.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, fixitboy said:

Megamax claims 6000 ml or about 1.5 gallon but that assuming you use every bit of assorted material in a diaper which just isn't going to happen. At best 1/4 to 1/3 of the rated capacity is usable 

Megamax is shite compared to the Rears Inspire+ Mega.

i just wanna chime in because i havent seen anyone mention this diaper- peekabus. now yeah they dont hold as much as megamax or trest if you're having a purely wetting contest, but its the most absorbent ABDL diaper i feel and can be a close third to those other two medical dips

• Like 1

Rearz may say they’re 11000ml, but they are just dunking the diaper to see how much liquid it absorbs… they leak on my before 1/2 filled, Megamax on the other hand doesn’t.  Rearz is just trying to copy Megamax which is why their products have “mega” in it.

39 minutes ago, munkey said:

Rearz may say they’re 11000ml, but they are just dunking the diaper to see how much liquid it absorbs… they leak on my before 1/2 filled, Megamax on the other hand doesn’t.  Rearz is just trying to copy Megamax which is why their products have “mega” in it.

In reality, my experience is that the Rearz Inspire+ Mega holds about 4 liters. I've weighed a full Mega many times and the weight usually comes in around 8.2 lbs. That's without messing. I've had awesome luck with the Mega so far. A bit of leaking here and there, especially with massive floods, but for daytime and nighttime use, they're pretty damn good.

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2023 at 5:43 AM, Diapered Dave said:

Capacity is one thing... How much it will stink after 10 to 12 hours is another...

That's a really good point. (Smells after 10 plus hrs) I do build my nite time or sleep Diaper , it will have several layers of second hand diapers with only the diaper, I trim off all of the outer stuff, and put them into or on top of a XL cheap diaper, But to help with comfort and smell I will put a cloth barrier, mostly also used stuff, I like the soft cotton baby blankets , usually 2-3ft square , and it helps . But with all of that weight you need stuff to hold it all up, I use layers there also. I use nylon kinda underwear , then plastic pants, then a pair of tights, then just add what you need to keep warm, or more holding strength . I have used a few of the more expensive diapers and mine holds much more pee with less smell. At least the ones I had samples of.

On 8/22/2023 at 2:53 PM, fixitboy said:

Megamax claims 6000 ml or about 1.5 gallon but that assuming you use every bit of assorted material in a diaper which just isn't going to happen. At best 1/4 to 1/3 of the rated capacity is usable 

I was lucky to get some MegaMax in a couple sizes and samples. From a second hand store, I will say they are good, But not a 1.5 gallon in my opinion .  I am leaking in about 3-4 hrs with them . Since I do use about 4 diapers in mine, and never the same brand, I do get a good 10-12 hrs from my home built. It's a lot of work, to do it this way, it works for me.  , it would be nice to have the nice AB diapers a little cheaper.