LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper rash cream (= bottom ointment, barrier cream, zinc cream, etc..)

Diaper rash cream  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you use per each diaper change?

• Yes
    • I slather my butt in it
    • A somewhat liberal amount
    • Adequate
    • Sometimes less is more
    • Very little, if any
    • What's a diaper rash cream?

So yesterday I realized I didn't have any of my preferred brands of diaper rash cream (Nivea Baby, or alternatively Sudocrem) on hand, and of the 6 different grocery stores and drugstores I visited, they had it in exactly zero of them, so I got something else, and I wasn't very impressed with it, it was too thin in consistency for my liking, so I went  quantity over quality and basically bathed in it. Well, not exactly but the layer I slathered on my parts was anything but thin. It didn't help much anyway, today morning day I pooped, then had a couple of pees and felt asleep again so I stayed in that for extra 4 hours or os, and the cream made barely any difference in regards to protecting my skin.

However, even with the creams I like, I tend to use probably a lot more than is necessary, because I find that I just like the way it feels on my parts.

How much do you like to use?

• Like 1

I don't use so much of it that I'm burning through a tub of diaper cream every week, but, I definitely apply it liberally. Diaper rash is no laughing matter, and I also find that it really helps with chaffing, particularly in the summer. I go for long-ish walks a few times a week for exercise, maybe 3 - 5 miles, and if I put diaper cream on before I go, I never have problems with my diaper rubbing or chaffing. 

Just enough Vaseline or cream to coat my butt to avoid a diaper rash.  Thin enough to do the job and not always when I wear diapers.  Only when I plan on spending most of the day diapered, especially if I plan to mess my diaper.

Early on in my journey I used to use quite a bit and was getting rashes constantly. decided to try not using any and haven’t had any rashes in years. Major thing that helped for me was staying baby smooth down there. surprising how much moisture and smell hair can retain. 

Probably too much lol but I really don't know. I squeeze an amount approximately the same size or a little smaller than a cheeto cheese curl/puff/thing. I rub it between my hands to warm and thin it out (calmoseptine is pretty thick stuff, and just that little bit of friction heat softens it). I coat the front, between the cheeks, the cheeks themselves and lastly my hips with whatever is left on my hands. A nice coat of powder to remove the stickiness, and it's diaper time!

Haven't had a rash yet!! 😁

• Like 2
3 hours ago, diaperguy85 said:

Probably too much lol but I really don't know. I squeeze an amount approximately the same size or a little smaller than a cheeto cheese curl/puff/thing. I rub it between my hands to warm and thin it out (calmoseptine is pretty thick stuff, and just that little bit of friction heat softens it). I coat the front, between the cheeks, the cheeks themselves and lastly my hips with whatever is left on my hands. A nice coat of powder to remove the stickiness, and it's diaper time!

Haven't had a rash yet!! 😁

I have done that before with desitin and using corn starch with a powder applicator pad.

• Like 1

I have annual visits with my Dermatologist , for skin cancers. And I felt strong one day and asked him for Hydrocortisone oint, the cream will wash away in a few mins. But I get it covered with my ins, and it makes a big difference over the stuff I used to get over the counter. I still have some redness when I don't drink enough water. See I have only talked to a couple Dr's about my dribbles , and diapers. But I trust them to be nice. But it's way better diaper stuff , if you can get an appt. I get the real 2.5 oint. I do also like the A&D oint, but it's hard to clean up, I will sometimes us it to have extra of the good stuff.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I get sore or have chafing, I use Sween Cream.  https://www.coloplast.us/sween-cream-en-us.aspx  Hard to find and best to order on llne but I take a hot washcloth and pat the area in question to clean it without using wipes or any harsh cloths to rub it clean.  I pat it dry and then use the Sween Cream.  You would be amazed at how quickly it soothes the area and you can pretty much get right back to doing normal things one the cream is applied.  I have been touting Sween Cream for well over 30+ years and I still haven't found anything better or that soothes the area.  It's medicated and made for bedridden people and their sores including from incontinence.  Their website description makes it sound like a moisturizer but it's medicated and will heal raw skin from chafing.  It soothes and also heals the problem, but I'd probably use a zinc oxyide diaper rash cream like Desitin if I had diaper rash.. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The combination of BabyDoll Bath, Body and Baby Oil and the rubber diaper under the cloth pretty much eleiminate any diaper rash. Also, when I change, the diaper is rarelly not more than moderately wet unless I have a couple of big wets, usually it is small wets and the diaper is wet from the outside in because of the way the liner works and cloth wicks wetness. I have been in this diaper for about 7 hours and wet about 6 times and while the front and back are moderately wet, the part over the hips is dry and I feel wet on only a very small part of the inside. It will be about another 5 hours before I change into another French BabyDoll for the night, although I am starting to smell a little bit

BabyDoll Bath, Body and Baby OIl is made of glycerin, which is a moistureizer and oil, Alo ver gel, which is known to be  therapeutic, Coconut oil; ditto and topical vitamin e, restorative and therapeutic. Also it soaks into the skin a bit. Best of all, unlike other baby oils and similar things, it does NOT harm any traditional baby panty material. It was tested by being spread over a piece of material and left for 3 days and the material felt as it did at the start

• Like 1