LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing the Future - Chapter 17

Chapter 1

Tish held the pen in her hand.  She was shaking and wasn't sure she would be able to sign the document in front of her.  It was partly from fear and partly from anger.  She still couldn't believe this was happening to her.  She felt so alone but knew that there were millions of others facing the same thing.  She looked down at the legal document in front of her. She had read through it twice but it didn't matter.  At the bottom of the last page were spots for two signatures.  On the left was a signature line labeled "Minor Person", waiting for her to sign.  

How could she be a minor person when she was 20 years old?  Her birthday was in 4 days.  This was rediculous.  On the right was a second signature line labled "Sponsor/Adult" and that line had already been signed by her friend and roommate Jenn who was sitting next to her.  Tish looked up at Jenn who was waiting for her to sign.  Jenn gave her a reassuring look and nodded towardsd the paper, encouraging her to sign.  All Tish could think about was how unfair this was.  She and Jenn were practically the same age, yet they were in entirely different situations.  Jenn was only a few months older than her and she was the 'adult'?  If only she had been born a week early she could have escaped what was about to happen to her.  She put that out of her mind and brought the pen down and awkardly signed the paper in front of her.

"Thank you Tish.  I know this is awkard for everyone but just know what you are doing here could save the human race.", The woman across the table took the signed documents, quickly reviewed them for accuracy and put them in a folder.

"Uh huh, that's what they say.", Tish retorted.

"Tish!  Don't be one of those people.  You know the science is clear on this.  The whole world is doing their part in this.  You should be taking this more seriously.", Jenn pleaded.

"Want to switch places then?", Tish snapped back.

"Jenn is right.  You both need to take this seriously.  The documents you signed today show your committment.  Jenn, since you are acting as her sponsor and guardian with regard to the new laws, you will be held just as accountable as her to follow the rules and instructions."

"We understand.", Jenn confidently replied while Tish folded her arms and looked down.

"Tish, I we realize this is hard for you to accept.  You just missed the age cutoff by a few days but there a lot of people going through the same thing.  Frankly, I haven't seen anyone as reluctant or resitant to this as you.  Jenn has spent a lot of her time going through the training necessary to be your sponsor.  She has sacraficed a lot of her time and is taking on a big responsibility.  You are lucky to have her.  There are many people who aren't so lucky! People who don't have anyone close they can depend on.  Those people have to depend on complete strangers, and it won't be easy for them, but we are all in this together.  I guess what I'm saying is you are a lucky, and you should realize that.  So I don't want to hear of any trouble from you two, ok?"

Tish looked up at Emma and Jenn.  She didn't want to seem ungrateful for what Jenn was doing for her but it didn't change the fact that all this seemed uncessary and unfair.  She was so sick of hearing that we were "all in this together", everyone needs to "do their part" and all the other buzzwords and phrases the media and government pushed on everyone.  She was sick of it.  Anyone that spoke out against these new measures was deemed to be some sort of irrational selfish jerk.  

"No Emma, you won't.  This is just such a strange thing going on for everyone.  Everyone will come around I'm sure.  And maybe it won't take long to find a cure or whatever.  I'm pretty hopeful about that, but until then I'm sure we'll be fine once we get going and into the routine.", Jenn stated while massaging Tish's shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"That is everyone's hope Jenn.  Now if you don't mind, I've got about 50 more of these appointments today for the other stragglers.  Please find your starter kit on the way out.  It will be labeled with both of your names.  Everything you need for your first week is included.  Remember your training and everything will go smoothly.  Remember, we have an appointment in 1 week from today, but remember that random inspections may happen at any time.  Carry your ID with you at all times.  Jenn, because you look young, you may be asked for proof of age.  Tish of course won't have that problem.  Good luck and I'll see you in a week."

Tish and Jenn walked out of the office into a lobby full of people sitting and fidgeting awkwardly.  All eyes were on them as if trying to seek out any information about how their meeting went.  The room was full of different people of all ages.  Guys, girls, children and their parents, friends, couples holding hands, and others.  Tish wondered about all of the weird situations the new law would cause for people and their relationships.

She wondered about her own relationship.  Her boyfriend was 22, so he was immune to the restrictions.  At first it made sense that he would be her sponsor but that option was quickly removed from the table.  As the laws were being debated back and forth over the many months, some lawmakers got their way that there could be no opposite sex minor/sponsor relationships unless both parties were married or the person was a legal guardian.  Of course, the government failed to take into account all sorts of other lifestyles, situations, exceptions etc.  It was a typical bearucratic mess that you would expect.  There were protests and speeches and marches, but in the end things move so fast that is how it ended up.  No solution was perfect and no side of the argument got everything they wanted.   The other fact was her boyfriend lived 45 minutes away which would also be inconvenient for other reasons.  Luckily he was very supportive and said he would stand by her over the next year.

Jenn found the box with their names on it and they loaded it into the car.  The drive home was awkard.  Jenn tried to make small talk and assure Tish everything was going to be ok.  

"You say that, but I'm the one having to go through this.  I'm just really worried about John. He says he will stick by me."

"He will.  I've always like John, Tish."

"I know but a whole year without sex?  I just don't understand why we can't, you know, do other things.  Why are they being so strict with all of it?"

"Tish!  We've talked about this before.  You know why.  The future of the human race is a stake.  Even if you don't believe it or whatever, it's true!"

"Yeah yeah, I know.. the science.  But maybe we can sneak around somehow."

"Tish, you know the rules.  If you get caught..  Well, and...."

"What?"

"Umm, it's just that messing around is going to be pretty impossible for you."

"Huh?  Just what does that mean?  Tell me!"

"I'll explain everything in a bit ok?  I'm really not supposed to tell you anything until we open the box later together."

"Geez Jenn, like who is going to care.  But whatever, you are always the rule follower."

They arrived at their apartment in about 15 minutes and took the large box inside and set it on the floor.  It was Sunday afternoon and they both had to work tomorrow, but they had a little time to relax before having to get ready for tomorrow or discuss the kit.  They worked around the house for awhile, made dinner and opened a bottle of wine.

When they were cleaning up dinner Jenn finally broke the ice. "Tish, it's time to go through the kit.  There is a little worksheet we will have to do and things to discuss.  We both have busy days tomorrow so we just have to do it and get it over with."

Tish had noticed a slight change in Jenn's tone.  Almost an suble aire of superiority or authority.  She wondered if this was how it was going to feel for the next year. 

"I know.. I know I'm putting it off.  I still can't believe this you know?"

"I know.",  Jenn took Tish's hand and squeezed it as she lead her over to the box.  She knew a lot more about what was going to happen than Tish did.  She had been through several training classes to become Tish's sponsor.  For some reason they didn't want the minors, as they were called, knowing all the details.  She knew right now all over the country people were about to do what they were doing.  Open these boxes and have their lives changed.  She knew people were probably live streaming it, blogging and posting things on the various social media sites.  She tried to ignore the noise of all that and focus on what she could best do to support her friend through this.  Jenn figured that after a couple of weeks the newness of all of it would wear off and people would just have to accept that this was the way of life for awhile and the world would adapt.

Jenn handed Tish a pair of scissors.  Tish slid the blade across the heavy tapes and the heavy cardboard box poped open.  The scent of the air from inside the box hit her nose.  It was unfamiliar to her but not unpleasant.  

She took a deep breath and peeled back the edges and looked in.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Interesting start. Minors=Littles? A year in a Diaper Dimension analog, but with a crazy government instead of Amazons? Looking forward to another of your stories!

• Like 1

That sounds interesting and hopefully it will just be this one year. Maybe if you are a trouble maker they think you are not fit to be an adult? Definitive a promising start.

• Like 1

Interesting starting in media res like this. It definitely got my attention. Also why do I get the feeling there is no way in hell you could have gotten me to sign this contract?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, YourFNF said:

Interesting starting in media res like this. It definitely got my attention. Also why do I get the feeling there is no way in hell you could have gotten me to sign this contract?

Media res?

Here is some AI art to go along with this story.  Can't promise a picture with every chapter since they are difficult to produce but thought it would be fun to do.  Please let me know your thoughts and if you'd like me to make more of these to go along with the story.

Please sign on the dotted line.

2087218156.png.ab3dcd27d1e6c5f5727ad19ba738310f.png

Special delivery!

image.png.c79418ea8483dba741fc5c4cd7b317f9.png

• Like 6
  • Tisha changed the title to Changing the Future - Chapter 1.5 (pics)

Chapter 2

- 18 Months Earlier

"Tish, have you seen the latest on the problem?"

They were now calling it, "the problem."  They gave it a name, it must be real.

"No, what are they saying now?  I thought all that was over with months ago?"

"No!  You just don't pay attention.  They just weren't sure until now.  Apparently there are more cases.  They are talking about it on every channel now."

Jenn and Tish watched the first news channel they flipped to for a bit.

"I'm so tired of hearing about this.  They talk like it is the end of the world.  Now they are saying humanity itself is at risk.  For real, can you believe the crap they peddle?  Everything is so sensationalized.  Drives me nuts."

"I don't know Tish, it sounds serious to me."

"Jenn, you're a nurse at a major hospital, wouldn't you have heard something if the problem was that bad?"

"I'm not sure.  This says they are mostly seeing problems on the east coast right now where they have higher concentrations of people.  I think we will probably be going back and reviewing the recent deliveries would be my guess.  I think tomorrow will be interesting when I get there."

---

News of some sort of epidemic had been circling for the last 6 months off an on.  Most people hadn't taken it seriously and just considered it the latest in the fear cycle that drove TV and internet ratings.  A small group of researches were hypothesizing that on average, birth rates had dropped lower than expected.  This fact alone wasn't that concerning given cultural shifts, but they also claimed that there was a high rate of infertile children being born.  They were practically implying this could be the last generations of humans to be born.  

The claims didn't gain much traction but little snippets of news about the original study continued to circulate and gather interest.  Occasionally you'd read about it on the internet or see people claiming the end of the world was coming.  As imagined, this brought out your typical crazies, prognosticators, charlatans, religious nuts and on and on.  Unknown to most though, the research continued through major universities to try and vet their findings.  More and more people were speaking out about something odd going on and it was had become clearly it was being taken seriously.  Not some conspiracy.  Governments were now telling people not to panic and to go on with their lives as normal.  

People were afraid though.  Some to the point that they put off having children, or wondering if their lack of success in getting pregnant had something to do with this news. The latest report seemed to be more serious.  There had been a presidential briefing where some science advisor types were now admitting to the problem.  They called 'the problem' serious in nature.  Whatever it was, it was apparently real, and other governments quickly followed suit in informing their citizens.  

They announced the creation of a multinational consortium being formed.  Basically a fancy name for a group of experts getting together to come up with a plan and spend a lot of money.  Over the next few weeks most of the worlds population had grown accustomed to the idea that there was a serious problem.  But at the same time, the scientists were baffled.  They didn't know if it was some virus, bacteria, something in our food or water supply that was affecting people.  They didn't know if this was short term, long term.  They had more questions than answers.  The media reports slowed and less and less information was coming out.  They either didn't have the information or they weren't releasing it.

--

"Jenn, how was work today?"

"Tish, I'm really scared.  I heard there were 5 more couples who got tested, at our hospital and they came back positive.  3 new babies this morning all tested positive."

"Tested positive for what?  I mean, how the hell do they know these kids can't get pregnant in 20 years.  They don't know what these test results mean.  How could they?  This is just so hyped up."

"I don't think so Tish.  You need to read some different websites or something.  The people are are calling this bogus are such a minority.  Every expert in the field is saying it is real."

"Ok, so what if IT is real.  There isn't anything you or I can do about it, and I wasn't planning on having a kid any time soon were you?"

"That's not the point Tish!  Can you imagine a world in 30 years where there is no one under the age of 30?  It would be the end of everything.  People are already freaking out, quitting their jobs, hording food.  I'm just telling you I'm scared, that's all.", Jenn teared up and Tish felt bad for not thinking about her feelings.

"Look, Jenn I'm really sorry.  I didn't mean to be like that.  It just seems so far fetched.  I'm sorry ok?  I didn't mean to upset you.", Tish walked over and hugged her friend.  She didn't mean to be insensitive. Jenn was closer to all of this than she was, and she just didn't deal with things as well as Tish did, and Tish didn't take things as seriously as Jenn did.  They kind of complimented each other in that regard.

It was a while before anyone really had any new news.  Surprisingly most people went on with their daily routines.  The internet was still doing it's thing; #stophavingkids, #findthecure, #weareone were all trending, but for the most people society stayed civilized and went on.  It all just happened so fast that most people didn't have time to keep up or react.  Plus the media and government were assuring people that everything would be ok, and that they would be able to correct whatever this was in short order  If it could be done, it could be undone.  Mainly, the scientists would get on TV spouting what they thought they knew from time to time trying to keep people calm. 

It worked ... for awhile.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Tisha changed the title to Changing the Future - Chapter 2

I am curious what happens between chapter 1 and 2 because right now it seems weird how it ended that way. But it strengthened my feeling that Tish could not become an "Adult" in a year or maybe even ever.

• Like 1

Chapter 3.

"Oh my god!", Tish yelled when she opened the large box.  She quickly surveyed the contents.  Most of what was taken up by a bunch of thick material folded tightly together in individual packages.  Each item was labeled with her name and a number indicating the order in which they were to be used.  Tish knew of course what was in the box, but she only had a vague idea regarding the details she would soon learn.  She took package labeled #1 and removed the item from it's package and held it up so that both her and Jenn could get a good look at it  A very large and very thick diaper.

"Seriously, there is no way I'm wearing that.  How is that even possible?"

"Tish, c'mon.  You know you have to.  Besides, in training we tried these on and practiced changing each other.  Yes they are big and bulky, but manageable.  You'll get used to it."

"You changed each other?", Tish laughed. "Why in the world would you do that?  Like you were naked in front of strangers?"

"No silly, we kept our underwear on.  It was a little embarrassing but remember I am doing this for YOU, and the world!  Besides how else am I going to know how change you without practicing?"

It hadn't even occurred to Jenn that Tish would find it weird to have someone else change her.  Going through the training had prepared her for this and she was used to the idea by now that she didn't think anything of it.

"Change me?  HAH!  No Jenn, I don't think that is necessary.  I'm pretty sure I can handle that myself.", Tish laughed off the joke.

"Tish, I'm not joking.  I actually have to.  It is one of the many rules you... I mean we...  have to follow.  There is a good reason for it too.  You have to get a proper fit and I am responsible to see that the disposal and collection process runs smoothly.  That part is called D&C for short.  That is what this is all about remember!?  This will help find a cure!"

Tish looked at Jenn in disbelief.  She gave it a few seconds, waiting for the punchline that never came and she realized Jenn was actually serious.

"Oh F that!  Nope, nope. No way.  This is getting too weird.  I'm out.  I don't care what the consequences are.", Tish said as she stormed away into her room and slammed the door.

Jenn was shocked.  She never saw Tish react like this to anything.  Why was she so resistant to all this.  The whole world was coming together.  Why wouldn't Tish do her part?  She gave Tish about 10 minutes to cool down before quietly walking to the door.  She put her ear up to it and didn't hear anything and then lightly knocked and spoke through the closed door.

"Tish honey?  I know you're scared, and confused and probably feel like your world is falling apart and spinning out of control.  But everyone is feeling that.  I feel it.  You aren't alone ok?  You know I love you and would do anything for you right?  You're my best friend and trust me I wouldn't be doing this for just anyone.  I've put a lot of time and effort to become a sponsor because I care about you.  I don't want to see you have to go have some stranger check and change your diaper.  Because trust me, they will make you do it one way or another.  I know you know this.  Everyone knows this by now.  Everyone has accepted it."

Jenn heard a faint, "I know." from the other side of the door and then gently cracked it to look in seeing Tish on the edge of her bed with her head in her hands.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course."

"Then let me help you.  We will get through it together.  You have always been the strong one.  Let me strong for you this time."

Tish looked up and Jenn could tell she had been crying.  She went and sat next to her and consoled her.

"I know its hard.  You've lost control of your life.  They have taken away some of your most basic freedoms and instincts."

"Jenn, I just can't believe this is happening.  Maybe everyone else has accepted it, but I haven't.  Why didn't they just stick to the original plan.  I just don't want to do it.  It is so gross and stupid."

"I don't know why it ended up the way it did Tish, but we can't do anything about it now.  But I do want to tell you, I want you to get on board with this.  Think positively.  Of everyone I've talked to in my training and heard about, most people are eager to help.  While it might not be the most pleasant thing in the world, most people understand this is for a greater good.  I minor inconvenience to help humanity?  Can't argue with that right?"

Tish knew she couldn't be the only one feeling this way.  There had to be so many others feeling like she did.  But it seemed like the whole world, the news, social media and everything just jumped on board with this over night.  Were people that easy to brainwash she wondered?  She felt so isolated at times and wish she could just find someone else to talk to that thought as she did.

"Yes I can argue... but I won't argue with you Jenn.  I know you have done a lot and are helping me.  You are so good to me, you don't deserve my bad attitude I know.  This is just, well a bit shocking.  I can't even say it..."

"What?  You might as well say it."

"How can you be so at easy about this?  Like, you are really going to change my diaper.  It is so horrifying Jenn I can't even think about it.  And you are just so nonchalant about all.  HOW?"

"Tish, this is bigger than you, bigger than me.  The human race is at stake.  I think I can manage a few diaper changes.  Do you think you might be just overexaggerating... even a teensy tiny bit?"

"NO!  Oh my gosh Jenn you are one of them.  You've been turned!", Jenn laughed. 

"And I still call BS on all of it.  What if they don't find this magical miracle cure?  What, am I just supposed to wear a f'ing diaper forever?", Tish was raising her voice in anger again.

"Now calm down.  And no you won't have to forever.  You'll be 21 in a few days and the program ends when you turn 22.  Plus, they may find a cure in a week, who knows,  and this will all be over."

"Like that is going to happen Jenn."

"Well yeah, I know that is pretty unlikely but I'm going to stay hopeful.  Until then, I got you on this ok?  Yes it is gonna be weird, for both of us, but I got you ok?"

Tish wiped her nose and sniffled.  "Ok Jenn. Ok."

Jenn leaned over and hugged her and pressed her forehead to hers,  "I'm sorry you got stuck in this mess.  I truly."

They sat for a few minutes before Jenn prompted her, "Ready to go back out there?  We have some stuff to go over, a little online worksheet to fill out and I need to explain more things ok?"

"Fine"

Jenn kissed Tish on the forehead, and mimicked her friend.. "fine" in a low tone of lack of enthusiasm.   "C'mon.  Let's do this then we can relax before bed.  You have a big day tomorrow and we will both need some sleep."

Both girls went into the living room and sat on the couch, pulling a laminated sheet of paper from the box.  A the top it read...

"Welcome to the 'Changing the Future' program.  

A federally mandated program requiring all U.S. citizens and residents, under the age of 21, on or before 9/1/2026 to participate.  Federal - HR Res. 334012.  The full text of this legislation can be found online at www.house.gov/changingthefuture

1.  Step one - you are your sponsor should be reading this document together.  If minor person and sponsor are not together, STOP.

2.  Step two -  We know and understand the enormous burden.....

Tish's eyes glazed over as they started reading through the page of steps.

• Like 5
  • Tisha changed the title to Changing the Future - Chapter 3
4 hours ago, Tisha said:

You have a big day tomorrow and we will both need some sleep

That sounds suspiciously like a training program to make a good little girl out of her and given the first Item from that box her chances of becoming an official Adult are getting slimmer. 

The way I think this is going down has nothing to do with finding a cure but to replace actual children long term with adult acting like children to maybe keep people calm and busy for a while. At least that would be my first guess is, otherwise with what we know so far it still wouldnt make sense for me. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Kahlez said:

At least that would be my first guess is, otherwise with what we know so far it still wouldnt make sense for me. 

Hi Kahlez,

Thanks for reading.  What isn't making sense?

13 minutes ago, Tisha said:

What isn't making sense?

At this point the reason for them to force them in diapers for example or general that adult and minor things. Because for now there is no real reason unless there is some research method for the cure I am not aware of. Later chapters probably reveal more which make more sense then. My guess still would be not for research but more of a social reason.  So for now it is like there missing some pieces of the puzzle.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Kahlez said:

At this point the reason for them to force them in diapers for example or general that adult and minor things. Because for now there is no real reason unless there is some research method for the cure I am not aware of. Later chapters probably reveal more which make more sense then. My guess still would be not for research but more of a social reason.  So for now it is like there missing some pieces of the puzzle.

Gotcha, was making sure I wasn't missing a glaring plot hole ;)  all will be revealed in time.

The overall plot so far does not click as most stories would early on with wearing diapers for the cure use. Most story you get good idea of the plot your story has a lot of hole early try figure out just what going on.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, diaper24/7 said:

The overall plot so far does not click as most stories would early on with wearing diapers for the cure use.

gotcha.  no worries.  The consortium knows what it is doing!  you really just need to get on board cause we are all in this together ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tisha changed the title to Changing the Future - Chapter 17