LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long to wear a diaper

I would assume wear it like underwear if it is perfectly clean and dry. And, honestly, I can see why some people would want to do that. Just the feeling of the diaper alone is comforting and relaxing. I do think, however, most of us really enjoy using them too. :) That's just my opinion. A diaper to me is a comforting embrace, it's security and protection and it just feels good whether it's wet, dry, used or not. I'm sure we agree. :D 

• Like 2

I wear 24-7 due to MS, with the proper rash creams as prevention you can wear and use them almost 12 hours and then change or shower and re apply rash creams... However.. I use a 50-50 mix or Cortisone 10 and Lotrimin for prevent of diaper rash as well and apply it at the same time right before putting on the reg diaper rash creams (get the 40% zinc Oxide Big Butt Paste)

• Like 3
4 hours ago, newpad101 said:

I would assume wear it like underwear if it is perfectly clean and dry. And, honestly, I can see why some people would want to do that. Just the feeling of the diaper alone is comforting and relaxing. I do think, however, most of us really enjoy using them too. :) That's just my opinion. A diaper to me is a comforting embrace, it's security and protection and it just feels good whether it's wet, dry, used or not. I'm sure we agree. :D 

??

17 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

If you are not using it, as long as you feel comfortable in it. 

I feel more comfortable in my baby diapers than I do in regular underwear.

If I  could walk around in public in just wearing my baby diaper I  would ???

• Like 3

I usually keep my diapers dry and length of time I can wear it is important. Specifically how long the diaper's filling can remain intact before breaking into clumps. 

I used to wear ABU Barebums as they broke down slowly. These days I'm find some of my older favs don't hold up as well (Abena M4 and Comfidry 24/7) as they used to. 

Since ABU discontinued my fav diapers (Barebum and Simple) I'm still looking for a new quality diaper that doesn't break down.

16 minutes ago, Permanently Pampered said:

Since ABU discontinued my fav diapers (Barebum and Simple) I'm still looking for a new quality diaper that doesn't break down.

Rearz new large Mega Inspire+ Adult Diapers don't https://rearz.ca/mega-inspire-adult-diapers/

It's an interesting question. A dry, unused diaper realistically probably has about the same practical service life as any other underwear... maybe about 24 hours? I'm reaching back in my memory to a time before I was 24/7, when getting my hands on decent ABDL products was difficult, and if I had a chance to wear a good diaper for a stretch, I would sometime avoid starting the countdown clock by immediately utilizing it. After 18 to 24 hours, you've been sweating in them and they're starting to build up an ecosystem, so it's probably time for a shower and new undies, in whatever form they take. In my experience, if you're active, disposables eventually start breaking down from wear and tear, anyway, even if they're not being "used" in the conventional sense of the word. The stuffing often starts to clump and relocate to lower altitudes, the liner may fray or pull away from the gathers, the elastics may work themselves free of their encasements, etc. If you've spent the previous 24 hours in bed, this may be less of an issue, although things still aren't going to be as "fresh" down there as they were starting out. I also find that areas that are in constant contact with plastic tend to get moist, one of the most important conditions for the formation of "life", so, rinsing off, and changing the plastic up, makes irritation less likely. 

I've also spent 18-24 hours in heroic super-capacity diapers that were being used the way good boys are supposed to use them, and my findings are that, no matter how decadently comfortable a top-tier nappy may feel even while wet, after that length of time, things start getting irritable in there, and, quite aside from wearing what looks like a pillow around my midsection, I start to grow weary of constant marinading, and also concerned about skin health and if I'm going to start smelling like an untended toddler. 

• Like 1

Well for me, I can wear a diaper up to 12 hours before I require a diaper change. The only time I change immediately, is after I poop in them. Most times If I don't poop in them I can go for 24 hours in them.

• Like 1

Until its soaked. 

I get 12+ hours from most my diapers and the one I'm in now I have been in for 20 hours.
This includes sleeping for 8, and using the toilet when I woke up. Will be in for 12+ hours more.

When I wear to work or when I am out, I will normally go up to 5 hours without a change. I wet lots during that time but always have high capacity diapers and my plastics over them. Only change when I fear a leak or it gets so heavy it’s pulling down.

4B0A184E-870A-4F81-BD60-BD69014B0322.jpeg

When I was in the nursing home in 2019 after the quad bypass, for the first 5 or so days, I wore pullups because I had had a cath in me for 6 days and I did not trust myself to hold it properly. I never did have an accident so I wore each pullup the whole day and night and would change in the morning. I also did the same in 2021 for the first 3 days, since I had to be on my back most of the time for the first week and was not sure I could get the assistance I would need to tet to the bathroom in time, but that ended by the third day and, again, I could wear one pullup all day and night. Beginning the day after the first week ended, I was up and around and taking care of myself

5 hours ago, Dubious said:

Until its soaked. 

I get 12+ hours from most my diapers and the one I'm in now I have been in for 20 hours.
This includes sleeping for 8, and using the toilet when I woke up. Will be in for 12+ hours more.

I agree, I normally wear my diapers till they're soaked. Diapers aren't cheap, so use most of it as you can. One thing I tried to do though it's not going #2 in them as much, it encourages me to "finish" my diaper time. But if I take them off and they're dry, then I'll wear them another time

Side note. I would take them off if my skin starts to feel irritated 

It varies wildly for me. If I am drinking water a lot 2 hours for a NS Supreme and 3 hours for a Rearz / Incontrol hybrid/ Inspire+. I go push this to 4/6 if I dont drink much at all. I lasted 6 hours during a concert with 2 different types of boosters. I was surprised I lasted that long without leaking. I had two spares in my giant jacket but didnt need them!

• 3 weeks later...

There is no correct answer to this question, only your idiosyncratic answer of whatever works for you. My answer: I wear my diaper until close to leaking (I am very good at knowing the capacity of my different diapers) which could vary from as short as 4 hours to as long as 12 hours. I also mess my diaper in the solitude of the early morning well before my wife is out of bed and I can stay in my messy diaper for 2-3 hours depending on the morning and the mess. A diaper "blow-out", however, gets changed right away.

• Like 1