LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Huh: Local Drugstore No Longer Sells Diapers!

So apparently the local drugstore chain, Eckerds, got sold to Rite Aid, and, much to my surprise- they eliminated diapers from their product lineup! Now they only have protective underwear and pads. They've got a HUGE selection of each, but, alas.... no real diapers.

Guess CVS gets my business from now on. I've gotta wonder what drove them to do that, though.

So apparently the local drugstore chain, Eckerds, got sold to Rite Aid, and, much to my surprise- they eliminated diapers from their product lineup! Now they only have protective underwear and pads. They've got a HUGE selection of each, but, alas.... no real diapers.

Guess CVS gets my business from now on. I've gotta wonder what drove them to do that, though.

That's weird, but hey around here Right-Aid got bought out by CVS, so go figure?

This happened with a few stores near me as well! I don't buy diapers from the store (and I prefer cloth anyway), so it's not too big of a deal I guess, but it makes me wonder what's going on.

Target doesn't sell adult"briefs"anymore either. I just bought 4 bags of diapers from Longs Drugs(California only chain I assume) because Depends new diapers just plain suck. The waistband ALWAYS never works and I gotta worry about diaper butt :badmood: I need to find me a Medical Supply shop and pay the extra 10 bucks or so for a real diaper like Molicare or Attends. I've never tried them and always wanted to anyhow.

Our local Rite Aid still carries a small variety of diapers, their own brand and Depends. Don't have any CVS around here, only Walgreens. Which have their own and Depends also. But am seeing fewer of the regular diapers and only pullups. There are many places to order from and some offer cheap trial packages or even free ones, with only freight added. Need to do some surfing the web and find out a lot more about what is out there. Many sources out there to choose from.

That's too bad. Our Rite Aid stores still sell their diapers which I think is one of the better store brands, even with the cloth backing. It may just be that drug stores figure only people with light bladder leakage will buy products in a store and people with heavy incontinence probably mail order. I wonder how all those old ladies who buy their depends at the local supermarket are going to feel about that! It's probably due a lot to all those commercials we see for the pull on disposable underpants. Manufacturers are probably going to focus more on them than on diapers, maybe because they figure there is a bigger market for them. They also may figure more people will like pull on underpants than a tape on diaper! Well, as we all know, pull on disposable underpants with cloth backing just don't cut it for heavy wetting or someone who messes. As far as I'm concerned, there is room in the market for both pull on disposable underwear and tape on disposable diapers!

Guest Diaperdragon

That's why I don't buy diapers in the store, because all the have is Depends and we all know how bad Depends Diapers are. They don't compare to the mail order ones such as Molicare and Abena

I’ve noticed that several stores no longer carry regular adult diapers; all they have is pull-on underwear. They’re offering pull-on underwear that absorbs much more, and many have gussets. They claim that they’re for day and night use. I tried some when I was on vacation, and they worked fine as long as I didn’t lie on my side. First they took away plastic-backed diapers, now it appears that they’re getting rid of diapers completely!

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants day and night, so I don’t have to worry about the changing trends in disposable diapers. But I do feel sorry for people that like reliable disposable protection that they can change easily.

I thought it was just me who noticed there seems a movement in many major chains to supply ONLY underwear, and briefs are no longer stocked. Could it be the sale of diapers on the Internet is making such an impact that selling briefs in stores is not profitable?

I really think some of the chains seriously need a person who is either incontinent or diaper-friendly in their purchasing departments, because the assortment in most stores in my end of New Jersey is woeful.

I must laud Wal Mart for their Assurance brand, which are an OK diaper for the price, and which are stocked in abundance, as are other briefs.

Wouldn't you think K-C and their Depends line would wake up and see there is a real need for super absorbent diapers, not the flimsy things they pass off as diapers for adults? The folks who MAKE those diapers and MARKET them should also WEAR them and find out how good their product is (or isn't).

That sucks!

I buy my Depend Diapers from Eckerd, typically they run a sale for $10.99. I use the Depend diaper for daytime use. I also buy Depend Velcro Belted, I call that product a "trim diaper" I use that whenever I'm not wearing a full size diaper.

Phil

It's not just briefs. I was looking for Depend Boost inserts the other day. Tried Rite-Aid, CVS, even Kroger, and finally as a last resort succumbed to Wal-Mart, which turned out to be the only place that still stocked them. I did notice that everywhere except Wal-Mart, the incontinence shelves were dominated by the pink bags of Poise pads, presumably covering their full spectrum of protection. The remainder of the shelves had (in decreasing order of shelf space) Tena pads and pull-on underpants in both Depend and store-brand, overnight briefs in store-brand and Depend, and finally a few packs of Depend Guards for Men and disposable bed/chair pads. I too got the impression that the focus was on discreet daytime protection from light-to-moderate stress and urge incontinence, mostly for women.

The briefs haven't disappeared from the drug-store shelves here yet, but I agree they're dwindling. I wonder if it's just a matter of Wal-Mart cornering the off-line market: their stores can be huge and many have self check-out lanes so it's easier to buy inconspicuously (speaking from personal experience here ;)), they have a greater selection and lower prices, and their Assurance brand is one of the best mass-market briefs available outside of medical supply stores (granted, that's not saying much), so they're probably making it difficult and/or impractical for other stores in the same area to compete.

And I suspect this phenomenon is particular to the U.S. and/or North America. I remember being in France a few years back and seeing a mannequin displaying Molicare pull-ons in the window of a high-street pharmacist (drug store) :o ; admittedly, they were just pull-on underpants, but still it seemed to me that Europeans are a lot less squeamish about incontinence products than (North) Americans.

Edit: oops, I meant Wallyworld was cornering the market, not "corning" it, hehe

So, it appears as though it's "Out with the old, and in with the new...wait, let's throw that out too!". This kind of sucks, but I've only purchased from online e-tailers for months since Depends are lame and are only good to hold you over untill the REAL stuff comes in the mail. I just hope that there will always be a way of getting my hands on diapers, as of now that is as long as I have internet service and UPS or FedEx delivery.

It's not just briefs. I was looking for Depend Boost inserts the other day. Tried Rite-Aid, CVS, even Kroger, and finally as a last resort succumbed to Wal-Mart, which turned out to be the only place that still stocked them.

Hey, Rocketkid. I used to use the Depend Boost when you could find them but they swelled up so much they crunshed my nuts. I've found that a much better product is a product called DIAPER DOUBLERS. They are about 2 1/2 inches wide and about 10 inches long and fit better inside a diaper. They are much more comfortable and absorb as much as Depend Boost. The only place I know where to buy them anymore is Babies-R-Us. 30 to a package for about $2.99. I've used them in my Attends for years.

Hey, Rocketkid. I used to use the Depend Boost when you could find them but they swelled up so much they crunshed my nuts. I've found that a much better product is a product called DIAPER DOUBLERS. They are about 2 1/2 inches wide and about 10 inches long and fit better inside a diaper. They are much more comfortable and absorb as much as Depend Boost. The only place I know where to buy them anymore is Babies-R-Us. 30 to a package for about $2.99. I've used them in my Attends for years.

Like Rusty pins stated, I use the diaper doublers as well. Low price at Babies-r-us, and they work great. You just add one, two, or three depending on how stuffed you want to be. :thumbsup: