LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ConfiDry 24/7, Megamax or something else?

My preferences change with the situation and with prices, but, I'd put the MegaMax up there for sure. Great diaper. I've worn them during the day and also to bed. For "day-weight" diapers, I like the Rearz Lil' series of products - Lil' Monsters, Lil' Squirts, as well as their InControl Essentials, which are a white diaper with very similar characteristics - plastic diapers with tapes. If I'm looking for something quieter, their Active Air's are cloth backed but with a plastic liner where it counts, and I find them quite reliable for daytime use, as well as NorthShore's Air Supreme's. 

For overnight wearing, cloth diapers offer the gold standard of protection, but I rarely wear those because of the work involved, so, for me, the MegaMax again comes up, as well as Rearz' Inspire+, and their ultra-high capacity products such as the Mermaid Tale's, the Critter Caboose, and their InControl Elite Hybrid. 

For going to the gym, I like the Prevail PerFit 360 - they're slim and quiet and reliable for a couple of hours. And they don't cut me to shreds if I run in one. 

@Tusk626 My preferred brand is Northshorecare's Megamax though I do like a varity of brands like Abuniverse and Tykables I have tried comfort Dry 24/7 and I do like them.  And I do like Rearz.

Even though I do like Tykables I do believe they are over priced and they could lower their prices.  But fat chance of that happening.

As y'all probably know, I gave  up on ConfiDry as they went to quality hell. I don't know if it's been corrected as my tolerance for junk is low. The daily driver is now Better Dry; it works very well and is it works out, is cheaper than ConfiDry and way less expensive than Megamax. I do like Crinklz and InControl Hybrid Elites (a lot) despite a higher price.

InControl has notified me to a "new" cloth diaper fastener, so I bought a couple pairs. No expectation that I'll like them or they'll be any better than a Snappi style fastener (of which I am not a fan).

I like Megamax, but as a daily diaper it's pretty expensive. I've found a good compromise with ConfiDry 24/7 with price and quality. I used to like BetterDrys but they clump up on me while the Dry 24/7 do not. If you are on a budget but still want something decent, Abena S/M/L4s are good. Trest was pretty good too, but again, too pricey as a daily diaper. I haven't worn any Rearz or Tykables in a long time so I can't say much about them.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

Megamax day and night. Just curious, how noisy are better dry? Potential daily budget diaper.

Hmmmm... maybe a bit quieter than a MegaMax. I don't find the MegaMax to be the loudest plastic diaper on the planet, but the BetterDry's use what feels like a slightly lighter plastic, and they omit the landing strip in favour of a tab-on-a-tab system for being able to open and close the diaper without tearing the cover. So, I feel like a BetterDry might sound the same, or even a bit louder, when you have nothing on over it, but under clothing, they go really quiet. But I wear MegaMax's all the time, day and night, and I've found them noisy enough to be a problem. Whereas I was in a Rearz Barnyard for a day this week, under jeans, and I felt like I could hear my diaper the whole time. 

I’ve worn mega max in the daytime for 3 years now, they are a bit expensive but at lest for me are well worth it. I hate changings at work and will often put it off too long, it’s not something I’ve got to worry about with a mega max. I’ve also never had one clump up on me and normally they stay relatively dry feeling.

The only downside I’ve found to mega max is the tapes, they claim to be refasonable but will rip the top sheet once stuck for a few hours, the benefit I guess is they don’t slide down on you.

At night I wear ether crinklez or north shore supremes, I don’t normally pee all that much at night so it works out well for me.

id recommend trying a few different brands and seeing what you like, your choice in a diaper is rather subjective to what you want or need.

It might be size related also, I normally wear blue smalls to work, but wore the white ones for a few months as blue wasn’t in stock and I didn’t really notice any difference besides the color myself.

I still normally wear white at home as I prefer to see how wet I am.

I find that I can usually remove MegaMax tapes without ripping the underlying landing zone provided that I do it slowly and am careful.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:59 AM, Little Sherri said:

Hmmmm... maybe a bit quieter than a MegaMax. I don't find the MegaMax to be the loudest plastic diaper on the planet, but the BetterDry's use what feels like a slightly lighter plastic, and they omit the landing strip in favour of a tab-on-a-tab system for being able to open and close the diaper without tearing the cover. So, I feel like a BetterDry might sound the same, or even a bit louder, when you have nothing on over it, but under clothing, they go really quiet. But I wear MegaMax's all the time, day and night, and I've found them noisy enough to be a problem. Whereas I was in a Rearz Barnyard for a day this week, under jeans, and I felt like I could hear my diaper the whole time. 

I find that BetterDry and Dry 24/7 are about the same sort of loudness. The Dry 24/7's crinkle is way more noticable when wet and saturated. BetterDry clumps up on me so it's hard to gauge.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:39 PM, SunOfSheep said:

I’ve worn mega max in the daytime for 3 years now, they are a bit expensive but at lest for me are well worth it. I hate changings at work and will often put it off too long, it’s not something I’ve got to worry about with a mega max. I’ve also never had one clump up on me and normally they stay relatively dry feeling.

I can also concur with this.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:39 PM, SunOfSheep said:

The only downside I’ve found to mega max is the tapes, they claim to be refasonable but will rip the top sheet once stuck for a few hours, the benefit I guess is they don’t slide down on you.

Exactly. My experience is that the tapes too powerful, ripping up the landing zone or any top sheet. If you fit them perfectly the first time, they're not coming off.

On 2/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, adhb said:

I find that I can usually remove MegaMax tapes without ripping the underlying landing zone provided that I do it slowly and am careful.

Can also concur with this.

On 2/10/2023 at 9:23 PM, FretaBWet said:

I'm a Confidry 24/7 girl myself for daytime and cloth most nights.

Hugs,

Freta

I agree with Dry 24/7. Best bang for my personal buck, that is.